Journey through the Grand Can...

Par Raffesia

❎Do Not Read before reading the 1st book of the series.❎ Drisana has started her journey to Indraprasth. Afte... Plus

Prologue & Casts
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Clearing concepts
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
For the Haters of Subhadra-Karna Pair
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– Special Shot πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Picsar
Chapter 36
Trailer
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Stroms in the Making
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Teaser
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
🍁🍁🍁Tickle🍁🍁🍁
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue

πŸ’–πŸ’”πŸ’– Special Shot πŸ’–πŸ’”πŸ’–

1.8K 230 91
Par Raffesia

In Indraprasth:

"Nirmay! Get up." Drisana said again nudging him.

"What happened Hridi?" Nakul asked sleepily.

"I am hungry." Drisana replied whining.

"Then eat something." Nakul mumbled.

"What will I eat?"

"There's fruits there."

"I don't want them."

"Then eat the sweets."

"I don't like them."

"There's pickles too."

"Aur tum bhi ho yeaha. Tumhe kha jau? (And you're here too. Should I eat you?)" Drisana said gritting her teeth.

"Mujhe koyi aapatti nehi. (I don't mind.)" Nakul murmured sleepily.

"Nirmay!!!" Drisana snapped in irritation. "If you don't get up right now, then I will leave for Dravida tomorrow."

That got his attention finally as Nakul instantly got up sitting straight. "Dravida! Who is coming from Dravida?"

"No one is coming. I am going." Drisana said angrily.

"Why?" Nakul asked in confusion.

"Because you don't even feed me properly. You keep me hungry and don't even take care of me. You don't love me anymore." Drisana said and started crying. There was real tears slipping from her eyes. Nakul's eyes rounded watching her.

'Pregnancy Hormones! Right.' Nakul's brain supplied as he snapped out of his stupor. He gently pulled Drisana in his arms and held her even though she tried to resist him. She kept whimpering as Nakul caressed her back.

Since Drisana had entered her second trimester, her mood swings were playing a havoc on Nakul. The other day, she had started crying in front of everyone at the dining hall because Nakul forbade her to eat red chilli pickle. He had forbidden only because this much spice wasn't good for her health, but Drisana became angry and didn't talk to him the whole day. Not only Nakul, but the whole family remained on their toes around her. Some days ago Bheem made food and Drisana made faces and commented Bheem had forgotten to cook. Valandhara was no less. She supported the statement and then the both started pointing out all the imaginary faults in the food.

And Bheem. He took the food to Draupadi to taste! In doubt, Bheem made the food three times before finally catching up that Draupadi and Drisana's taste buds were going crazy and his wife was just taking pleasure from it.

Not only that, she unnecessarily got into an argument with Sahdev. Sahdev was saying, Mauravi was quite fierce and bold, and Drisana narrowed her eyes asking did he wanted women to be meek and cage them in the dungeon?
After that Sahdev sat helplessly, as Drisana gave him a full length lecture on how women should be treated and how they were oppressed because of men like him!
Sahdev was going to open his mouth to ask what did he do. But remained quiet as Nakul signed him.

'Either hear quietly or hear more.'

So, our intelligent Sahdev stayed mum only nodding here and there.

"Sorry." Drisana whispered softly after a while. Nakul smiled still holding her in his embrace.

"It's okay. What do you want to eat Hridaya?" He asked.

"I want 'ice-cream'." Drisana replied pouting and Nakul froze. Another addition to the side effects of pregnancy was, Drisana asked for weird food items that no one had any idea about. Sometimes Valandhara pacified her with something or other. But other times her mood soured because of not getting what she wanted.

"Can you repeat that again?" Nakul asked tentatively. Hearing him, Drisana got out of his embrace and looked at Nakul with a displeased frown. Nakul gave a nervous smile to her.

Drisana left the bed without saying anything. Nakul sighed and went after her with a shawl. He found Drisana sitting on the swing of the balcony. He put the shawl around her before sitting beside. Drisana was staring at the moon silently before asking,

"I trouble you a lot, don't I?"

"Yes." Nakul replied nodding his head. Drisana slowly turned her head narrowing her eyes to find him laughing. He cupped her face and kissed her forehead.

"And I love every moment of it, Hridaya. You're carrying our little bundle of joy. Your body is going through a lot of changes. It's not easy to bring a child into this world. And God has given the strength and patience for this only to women. And we, men can do nothing to decrease the pain but only support you through it.
I am getting to experience it through you. As you're entering motherhood, I am getting prepared for fatherhood too. This is our child, our happiness, a part of the both of us. Then how can this journey be yours alone?"
Nakul said still cupping her face lovingly. A tear slipped from Drisana's eye. She silently went into his arms making herself comfortable in his embrace.

"Are you not hungry anymore?" Nakul asked again controlling his smile.

"Are you ready to go in search of 'ice-cream'?" Drisana asked back earning a chuckle from him.

"What do you think? We will have a boy or girl?" Drisana asked after remaining silent for sometime.

"You tell. You're carrying the baby after all." Nakul said.

"I think, it's a boy." Drisana said contemplating.

"Really?"

"Yes. With your good-looks and my intelligence."

"Well, didn't you prepare a list of prospective groom for our daughter?"

"Yes, but I want a boy. An exact shadow of yours."

"But I want the baby to be just like you."

They kept chit-chatting until Drisana fell asleep. Then Nakul carried her to bed and pulled the duvet over her. He kissed her forehead again before slipping in beside her.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

Draupadi woke up with a start suddenly, feeling her heart beating frantically. She got into a sitting position breathing heavily. She looked around herself to get her bearings. Malini was sleeping just a little distance away. Without disturbing her, Draupadi got up to fetch some water from the earthen pot kept at a corner of the hut. After wetting her dried out throat, she came back to her place and sat down on the rug that was placed in the floor for her to sleep on. It was a little cold tonight. She wrapped the blanket around her properly to ward off the chill.

As she settled down, she felt her baby moving inside. Draupadi kept a hand on her baby bump just as her baby kicked. A small smile graced her lips. The baby rarely moved at daytime, but at night, he started moving around and kicking constantly. Thus, making it hard for her to sleep. Her eyes fell on the basket of fruits that Devika had forcefully left for her.

She was hungry again. As the baby kept her awake at nights, she felt hungry in the middle of the night. But she didn't want to eat fruits. She wanted to have something something. She knew Malini could arrange something, but she didn't want to bother her. The girl worked hard throughout the day, refusing to let Draupadi do anything alone. She wouldn't have accepted her help if it wasn't for her pregnancy.

A sigh escaped her as she remembered Arjun. Where was he? How was he? Did he eat anything? Was he cold? Was he asleep or meditating? Was he remembering her too? Tears rolled down her cheeks. She felt her baby kicking again. Whenever she was upset, the baby started moving restlessly too.
'Only if Arya was here to experience it!' Draupadi thought sadly. Draupadi caressed her bump comfortingly wiping her tears and after a while the baby settled too.

This last month was proving to be tough for Draupadi. She couldn't stand for long as her legs started hurting. She couldn't find a comfortable position to sit and when she found one, her hips started going numb. When she tried to sleep, she couldn't and at daytime she felt sleepy. And when she managed to sleep finally, she woke up feeling disorientated and alone. Foods she carved for, were proving hard to stomach and those she managed to eat without vomiting, tasted bland. Fear of something going wrong was also nagging her. The dhatri (midwife) had assured her everything was fine and there hopefully wouldn't be any problem in delivery. She just needed to let go of the stress. But Draupadi was unable to do so.

And most of all, she missed her Arya badly.

At Gokarna:

Arjun sat up leaving the attempt to sleep. He hadn't been able to sleep properly since a few weeks. Whenever he closed his eyes, Panchali's face came in front of him. Arjun had long ago gotten control over sleep as he dedicated his concentration to archery, earning the name Gudakesa. But his mind was refusing to listen the command to rest. His restless heart was filling it with anxiety and anticipation. 

This was the last month of Draupadi's pregnancy. Just a few days later, she would give birth to their child. She must be feeling anxious. Was she alright? Was everything fine? Was she afraid? She must be taking care of herself, right? And their family was there for her too. She wasn't alone.
But he wasn't there. Whom she needed and wanted the most.

Flashback...

In Hastinapur:

"Gyat tha mujhe, yeahi milenge aap. (I knew it. I will find you only here.)" Draupadi said shaking her head. Arjun removed the cloth from his eyes with a smile. He was in the training ground practicing his aim.

"Maine socha ki tum mujhe kaksh se nikal do, usse accha hai main swayam hi swa-samman bahar aa jata hu.
(I thought before you remove me from the chamber, it's better to get out with my pride intact.)" Arjun replied teasingly.

"Why will I remove you?" Draupadi asked frowning with displeasure.

"Nehi nikalogi? Arthat main car mah se jo Rajkumari Hirinmayi ke rajjya ghum kar aaya, tumhe uska bilkul khed nehi hai? (You won't remove me? That means, you're not upset about me remaining in Rajkumari Hirinmai's Kingdom for the last four months?)" Arjun asked with rounded eyes pretending to be surprised.

"Do not try to tease me. I know you went there to help them in war, not to roam with any Rajkumari." Draupadi said sulking.

"Yes, that's true. But after the war finished, I did get a few days to roam. Actually I could have come earlier. But then Rajkumari Hirinmayi offered to give me a tour of their Kingdom and Maharaj also requested to stay and enjoy their hospitality. So, I stayed for a few more days." Arjun said casually.

"You're deliberately troubling me. First, you left me alone for four months, you didn't even send any letter to me. And now after coming back also, you're ignoring me. Fine. Do whatever you want. I won't trouble you anymore." Draupadi said in anger and hurt.

She turned to left the practice area. But before she could go, Arjun held her hand.

"I missed you too, Panchali." He whispered in her ear with a soft smile.

"Lie! You didn't miss me at all. And why would you? That Rajkumari Hirinmayi was there to accompany you." Draupadi said angrily. Arjun chuckled at her.

"No matter who is with me, I always miss you my Saragata." He said hugging her from behind.

"Leave me. Someone may see." Draupadi said removing his hands from her waist.

"Then let them see. You're my own wife only." He replied back.

"Yes. Your wife that you left alone for four months without a word." Draupadi said sternly.

"You know I was busy in the military camp. And when were you alone? Everyone was here with you." Arjun said smiling in affection.

"Everyone and you are not the same. I do not care if anyone else is here or not. But your presence matters to me and you seem to enjoy depriving me of that only." Draupadi complained turning her face away.

"Panchali, tumhare saath samay byatit karna main bhi cahta hu. Kintu uss eccha ke liye, main aapne kartavya se toh bimukh nehi ho sakta na. Samman aur gaurav kabhi akele nehi aata. Aapne saath dayittwa aur tyag bhi lata hai.
Main aapne bhaio ki shakti hu. Aur yeh kebal mera gaurav nehi, aapetu dayittwa bhi hai. Isiliye main anyacetas ho kar, unhe nirash nehi kar sakta.

(Panchali, I also want to spend time with you. But for that I cannot ignore my duty, can I? Respect and pride never come alone. It brings responsibility and sacrifice too.
I am the strength of my brothers. And this is not only my pride, but my responsibility too. That's why I cannot disappoint them by getting distracted.)" Arjun said softly.

"Aur meri nirasha ka kya? (And what about my disappointment?)" Draupadi asked in dejection.

"Tum ArjunSangini ho. Mujhse prithak nehi, mera hi hissa ho. Yeh Arjun cahe kahi bhi ho, kintu uske hridayaspandan mei kebal tum hi hoti ho. Parantu jab mera kartavya mujhe smaran karega, toh mujhe jana hoga. Toh kya mera tyag, mere dayittwa mei tumhara hissa nehi? Toh kya meri priye mujhse nirash ho kar, meri nirbalta banegi?

(You are ArjunSangini.  You're not separate from me. You're in fact a part of me. No matter where this Arjun remains, you stay in my heartbeats only. But whenever duty calls, I will have to go. Then do you have no part in my sacrifice, my responsibilities? Will my love become my weakness by getting disappointed with me?)"

Arjun asked staring deeply at her eyes. Willing her to understand him. And she did. As she stared at the deepth of his emotions, she understood that she should not bind him with her love. Rather free him, so he could rise higher to the fullest of his potential.

"Nehi. Mujhe shama kar dijiye, joh main aapke dayittwa mein bhagi banne ke badle, badha ban rahi thi. Aap satya keh rahe hai. Kartavya ke nirbah mei, aapke sarthi banna mera Dharma hai. Aur main bachan deti hu, ki main kabhi bhi aapki nirbalta nehi, shakti banungi Arya.

(No. Forgive me that I tried to be an obstacle in your duty instead of sharing them. You're saying the truth. It is my Dharma to support you in fulfilling your responsibilities. And I promise you, I will never become your weakness. Rather your strength I will be, Arya.)" Draupadi said with determination giving a watery smile.

"Soch lo. Rasta saral nehi hoga. (Think carefully. The path won't be easy.)" Arjun warned teasingly.

"Aab jab biswa ke sarbasresth dhanurdhar ko apna pati swikar kiya hai, toh kathinaiyo se kya bhaybhit hona. Raste bhalehi kaato se bhari ho, usspar calkar Savyasachi ka saath abbassya nibhayegi uski Saragata.

(Since I have chosen the best archer of the world as my husband, then why should I be afraid of difficulties? No matter how many difficulties there are in the way, your Saragata will sure reach her Savyasachi by walking on them.)"

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

Sochna bhi maat!!! (Do not even think of it!!!)

To bash me about the 'biswa ke sarbasresth dhanurdhar' part. That was his wife who said it!

Mera isme koyi haat yah muh nehi hai. 😑😑😑

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Either you guys are really busy or losing interest in the story since votes and comments are decreasing day by day. 😕😕😕

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

399K 23.8K 77
Drisana has always felt like she's in the wrong place, wrong time. Why? That has no answer. After her parents death, adventure lover Drisana has been...
51.9K 2.5K 30
The great Mahabharata war has been over long ago... Sudarshan Chakradhari is now waiting for the curse of Gandhari to show its effect... But an unexp...
5.6K 332 15
Her eyes, brown like the mud she fell on, shed tears. Her hair, soft like a silk sari draped around her, laid on her shoulder even though they were r...
99.5K 3.3K 37
A 20 year old from kaliyug suffered a lot of issues since her childhood . A fan of Shri Krishna's mischievous behaviour and heavenly smile suddenly l...