Breaking Friend Zone

By MsDreamerGirl84

(Sequel to Possessive At First Sight) Highest Romance Rating: #70 Alexander James Demakis. One thing fo... More

Prologue
EBS Family Siblings
Chapter 1: Party
Chapter 2: Breaking Up
Chapter 3: Hell Bent
Chapter 4: Persistent Prick
Chapter 5: Baby
Chapter 6: Kick Out
Chapter 7: Drunk & Bunk
Chapter 8: Drunk
Chapter 9: Sexy Back
Chapter 10: Frustrations
Chapter 11: Confirmation
Chapter 12: Rebel
Chapter 13: Honesty
Chapter 14: Truce
Chapter 15: Call
Chapter 16: Brother
Chapter 17: Face off
Chapter 18: Dirty Secret
Chapter 19: Caught
Chapter 20: Yes!
Chapter 21: Dinner
Meet my son! (Not an update)
Chapter 22: The Parents
Chapter 23: Breaking news
Chapter 24: Horse Riding
Chapter 25: The Santorini's
Chapter 26: Santorini's Breakfast Fun
Chapter 27: Frantic
Chapter 28: Hard Times
Chapter 30: Saddle Up
A short letter from the author
Recommended Books
Chapter 31: Life's Test
Chapter 32: Pre-Trial
Chapter 33: Past Catching Up.
Chapter 34: Love
Chapter 35: First Real Date
Chapter 36: Plan
Chapter 37: Life Is Never Fair
Chapter 38: Storm Of Passion
Chapter 39: Blazing Fire
Chapter 40: Bliss
Chapter 41: Full Hearts
Chapter 42: Happiness
Chapter 43: Villa Allesandra
Chapter 44: If you say yes, you are mine forever!
Chapter 45: Wedding Ball
Chapter 46: The Verdict
Epilogue 1: Preparation
Epilogue 2 : Final and Conclusion

Chapter 29: Heart Racing

8.9K 520 28
By MsDreamerGirl84

Clara Bell's POV

"Do you remember what time was the shoot started?" Chief Inspector Penn started after he turned on the slim rectangular mini recorder and placed it on the small center table that seated between us. We were sitting by the wall-mounted shelvings of arrows and arrows of books. A mini setting arranged for readers. Behind me was a panelled window, smaller than the wide window where the big mahogany table was sitting, at the other end of the rectangular room. The small window gave a natural light in the room.  

My dad was sitting on the single armchair by the the other end of the shelvings, across us. Still a hearing distance. He was quiet the whole time the interrogation started, but I could feel that he was fuming inside.

"About 10 in the morning," I answered looking straight into the officer's eyes.

"What kind of shoot was it?"

"It's a lingerie spring collection. VS decided to lease Mrs. Ratskin's place fo a day. Her master bedroom was perfect for the theme, satins and laces," I reminisced, thoughts transporting back when they entered the place.

Claire's hand was hooked around her elbow as they climbed up the elaborated staircase up to the upper floor of her suite. The railing was intricately done, customized to the owner's taste.

We were welcomed with a bright light coming from the glass wall on the very end of the room as soon as we walked into the master bedroom.

The room was decorated with a romantic setting. Silk and laces everywhere, blush pink coloured walls and high ceilings, an elaborated chandelier just above the bed. The Californian king size bed was placed in the middle of the huge room along the oversized velvet purple hue headboard. Across it was the fireplace, the mood setter.

"Oh my God, this room is out of this world!" Nemeah exclaimed as she ran to the bed and then she throws herself onto the soft, silky bed. Feeling the lavender satin covers that covered the bed.

"Okay, girls start getting ready," Austin walked inside and started setting up his camera, lights and other equipments.

Tracy started giving us the lingerie that's designed for each models, including me. Half hour past, Austin and Martin started calling models to start shooting.

"Shoots were taken place on her bed, near her windows, her bathroom and walk-in closet," I recalled. "They took some photos on the stairs and living room, but mostly in her master bedroom," I added on.

"Who was with you in the master bedroom?"

"The cameramen, Austin and his nephew, Martin. Claire, Nemiah, Brittany..." My forehead slightly crinkled as I tried to wrack my memory, lips moving fast as names pouring out of my mouth.

The second police officer was just taking notes aside from the recorder that was still running while the Chief was intently listening, studying me at the same time.

"Do you know all of them personally? Like have you hang out with them before?... after work?" he paused, a creased formed between his eyebrows, eyes gauging. "Maybe on the set, they were acting weird or out of character?" the officer asked.

"I hang out with Claire and Brittany when we get a chance. The rest, I talked with them but not for long. Like hi, hello, how are you?" I paused, shaking my head absentmindedly as I tried to recall whom I hang out with longer than just hello. But I couldn't really think of anyone I say I know personally other than Brittany and Claire. Claire?.. maybe not so much!

"It was really busy, I don't recall someone acting weird or anything. Everyone was running around to get the shoot done before the sun sets, so none of us really pays attentions to each other."

"What time was the shoot was over?" Mr. Penn asked.

I was starting to get bored. And the fear I felt before was long gone. I didn't think the questions was just basic. 

"I believe around 3 in the afternoon, we all head out to lunch I remember, at the nearest cafe," I answered briefly.

"Like all of you?... No one was left behind?" he probed.

I paused for a few seconds, recalling each one present at that table. "I remember Austin was left behind but followed us to the cafe after half an hour I believe. He had to stay to wrap up all his equipments with Josh and Tracy. They are VS employees."

Mr. Penn nodded his head, his forehead creased, lost in his thoughts. Head slightly cocked to the side.

The other officer spoke, taking all her attention. "Ms, Valiente," he started. "Are you familiar with this type of impulse control disorder?"

A loud scratching of shoes soles against the floor caused me to shift my eyes to my dad. He sat upright, spine steeled and shoulders rigid. He sent him a deadly stare.

I faked a cough and dad finally met my eyes. He shook his head briefly, sending me the message to opt to answer his question. I gave him a pleading eyes not to intervene. He didn't react, but his stoic face says it all. He's not backing up if they offended me.

I ignored him. "Yes, Sir I am familiar with kleptomania disorder if that is what you are implying," I answered briskly as I looked him in the eyes. 

He nodded his head. He doesn't seemed bothered with my curt tone. Meeting my eyes, he spoke, with a little arrogance. "Ms. Tabitha and a few others mentioned that you like to take some things that is not you—"

Daddy shot up to his feet. My heart almost jumped out of it's ribcage as I involuntarily shot to my feet watching my dad's face as hard as the wall behind him in fear. Fear for the young officer who has no idea what danger is coming his way. "What are you trying to imply, Mr. Cummingham? That my daughter is a kleptomaniac?" Dad snarled cutting his words. I caught the officer Cummingham swallowed hard. He didn't respond.

Dad leveled him with a dark stare. "MY DAUGHTER WAS SET UP BY THOSE CONNIVING BITCHES!!" Dad's thunderous voice boomed inside the four walls of the room. He headed briskly to the mahogany table and grabbed the folders laying on top of it. He turned and strode towards us with a purposeful steps, a determined expression all over his face. A sinister looked directed at the young officer.

I quickly stood next to him, my hand holding his right elbow incase he's gonna charged the young officer.

Looming over them, he spoke in his very infamous tone. Low, cold and sinister. Cold eyes directed at officer Cummingham as he threw the folders on the wooden table. "You want proof? Here!" with his one hand pointing at the folders on the table.

My heart was beating loudly against my ribcage. Dad looked like he's about to kill him. Those brown eyes that held so much arrogance and confidence a moment ago vanished as he looked at my dad.

Dad's eyes shifting between the two officers as he spoke menacingly. A few veins popping on his forehead, showing he's beyond livid. I gave his arm a gentle squeeze. "My daughter will not answer any of your questions. We will see Mrs. Ratskin at the court and they better prove that she did it, otherwise I will drag them all to the ground!" Dad's jaw tightened with suppressed anger.

Mr. Penn took the folders. He scanned it quickly. He looked at his companion and gave him a brief nod. He folded the yellow folders close and took the mini recorder and turned it off. He stood up, a little embarrassed. Officer Cummingham briskly stood up following him.

"I apologize if we offended your daughter.. and you, Mr. Valiente. I hope you understand we are just doing our job, Sir," Mr. Penn said in an apologetic tone. "We don't mean to upset anyone, especially Ms. Valiente." He looked at me and gave me an apologetic look. I just gave him a brief nod.

"This interview already upsets her!" Dad answered in a clipped tone. I gently squeeze his arm. Again. Just trying to distract him. He's already very tense. "Your job here is over," he gritted.

I saw how Mr. Penn's face darkened for a moment. I involuntarily tugged dad's arm, silently sending him the message to stop offending the officer.

Chief Inspector Penn nodded his head in agreement. "We have to take these files, Mr. Valiente," Mr. Penn said, raising the folders on his hand briefly. 

Dad just shook his head. Face still rigid. He was obviously suppressing his anger.

When the officers left, dad faced me. His expression softened as his eyes scanned my face with his hands holding my face. "As long as I'm alive, no one can ever hurt you, mi princesita!"  Dad promised. I smiled. I felt the tears pooling under my eyelids.

"I know, dad!" I murmured. Dad kissed me on the  forehead and then he pulled me into his arms, embracing me so tenderly.

Uncle Gio walked in on us, face filled with sympathy. Dad pulled away. Alex, GP and Lucas followed. Alex walked straight to me then he stood closer. He looked at my dad, and again, dad just gave him a brief nod.

I was happy that dad seemed to have given him the blessing.

"How did it go?" Uncle Gio asked cautiously, warm eyes shifting between me and dad.

Dad was about to respond when a man with a cowlick hair rushed into the room. I almost burst into laughters.

Uncle Vito seemed to just rolled out of bed. His black shirt was buttoned incorrectly. "Where's Gio?" was his first question as he scanned the room. Everyone was eyeing him with the same facial expression. Suppressed laughters.

He stood straight and breathed out hard. His eyes filled with concern.

"What happened to you?" Uncle Gio asked, face filled with curiosity.

Uncle Vito let out a loud breath again. He ran his fingers against his hair, then he spoke to Uncle Gio in a not so pleasant way. "I thought something happened to you! Sai said cops are here. What happened?" he asked, looking a little disoriented but definitely worries on his tone. "And I saw your calls, I panicked so I ran here. I didn't sleep last night, wifey has a fever but she's okay now. " he explained.

I felt bad after hearing it.

"Sorry to hear that, Vito. We didn't mean to interrupt your nap," Uncle Gio muttered sympathetically.

Uncle Vito waved his hand in the air. "It's alright, she's feeling better now." Then he moved closer to Uncle Gio and gave him a brief brotherly hug. "Where is Sai and Tristan?" he asked as he pulled away.

"Tristan is somewhere, he's just taking a call," Uncle Gio replied. "Sai is on his way," Uncle Gio added.

Then he turned and faced my dad, shifting his eyes between me and dad. "Rafael!" He smiled closing their gap. I stepped a little sideward, next to Alex so they can embrace. I looked up and met with Alex eyes. He gave me a tender smile which I reciprocated. I shifted my eyes to Uncle Vito.

"Nice to see you again, amigo!" he exclaimed as they shared a brief hug and dad. "Always," dad responded.

"And this is your daughter Alexandria?" he smiled at me. I chuckled.

"No." Dad answered briefly. "My Clara Bell," he corrected, with a half-smile.

Uncle Vito laughed. "I'm just kidding," he grinned wider at me. "And she does look like your Tati," he chuckled as he shot dad a brief glance then shifted it back to me. He pulled me into his arms, brief but genuinely. Then he turned to Alex. "Alexander Demakis," he grinned at him then he shifted his eyes at me then back to Alex, eyes teasing. I bit my inner cheek a little embarrassed. I felt the heat rushed to my cheeks. He pulled him for a hug too and I could tell, Alex was a little hesitant.

Among dad's friends, Uncle Vito is the most laid back and I would say goofy most times. He likes to run the show. Uncle Sai has a dry humor, cold yet warm if that makes sense. Uncle Gio is next to Uncle Vito.

As soon as Uncle Vito moved to greet Lucas, I saw dad headed towards Uncle Gio. They talked animatedly as they both watched Uncle Vito.

I felt Alex's arm curled around my waist, gently pulling me closer to him. He leaned in and whispered against my ear.  "I want to kiss you." My eyes widened and quickly glanced at my dad but he was too intent with whatever topic they are talking and Uncle Gio. Uncle Vito was now conversing with Lucas. I looked up and met with Alex's smoldering eyes.

"They can hear you!" I whispered back with a snappy tone, but I was smiling.

I felt giddy inside. After all that happened today, I want alone time with him too. His hand around my waist really feels nice. I leaned in against his chest, feeling the hardness of his body. I felt his body hummed briefly.

I smiled. I ignored that delicious tingling sensations that coursed throughout my body just as our skin connected. His warm hand holding me possessively rather feels nice. I felt safe.

"Maybe we can sneak out?" he whispered again. I can feel his breath fanning my cheeks. I let out a silent giggle.

"How can we do that?" I whispered back. He grinned. Then he looked around. I followed his eyes.

Dad is now facing Uncle Gio, his back facing us. Uncle Vito walked over to them and join them. They all looked so seriously taken to whatever they are talking.

Lucas walked over to us. He was grinning from ear to ear. I pulled away and Alex hesitantly let me go. I gave him a warning eye and he groaned, but nodded.

"Shall we go horse riding?" he asked as soon as he got closer. He looked at me. "Would you like it or you'd rather wanna rest, Clara Bell?" he inquired. His face softened.

I smiled at him. "I would love to," I answered a little too excited. Lucas grinned happily.

"Great!" he exclaimed, he even clapped his hands.

I'd like to forget what happened this morning and horse riding would be a nice distraction.

Lucas turned and headed towards his father. I caught GP's back retreating out of the room. We followed Lucas. We need to asked permission before we leave. And I'd like dad to know where Am I.

"Dad, Uncle Raffy and Uncle Vito, we are leaving for horse riding," he announced.

Dad looked at us as we approached them. He nodded his head. "Take care," he said looking at me. It has a lot of meaning.

I shook my head and gave him a smile. "I will, dad," I replied. Alex held my hand and we headed towards the door.

"Don't leave Clara Bell alone in the forest," Uncle Gio called before we walked out the door. I know the forest is huge, but I don't think I will get lost. Uncle's Gio's is more than 5 acres I believe, 3 or more than 3 acres of forest. 

"Not gonna happen!" Alex answered back outside the door, but loud enough for them to hear. I giggled like a school girl. We were holding hands. When I look at his eyes, there was a glint of mysterious in it. 

We stopped on our track when Aunt Enna appeared out of nowhere. I think she's about to get inside the library. But before she walk in, she stopped in front of us. Lucas was already on his way heading to the back door. "Come back in a couple of hours for lunch," she said. She gave me a tender smile before shifting it Alex. Alex nodded.

Before we got farther we hear Aunt Enna's words. "I got Dean to help me stop the news to spread out ..." 

I smiled. Aunt Enna's family owned one of the biggest publishing in the country, the Giudici Publishing and Editorial Co. I think Uncle Dean runs the Editorial. 

I saw Uncle Tristan heading our way. He stopped as soon as he's in front of us and asked. "Are they still inside?" He stashed his slim phone inside the pocket of his black suit while shifting his gaze between us and Alex, waiting for an answer.

"Yes/Yes, Uncle." Alex and I replied in Unison.

He chuckled. "Well, you two are definitely soulmates!" he teased good-naturedly. 

I felt the heat rush to my cheeks and Alex just chuckled beside me.

"Alright! Have fun, kids." Then he walked off. 

As soon as he's out of hearing path, Alex leaned in and spoke softly. "I agree with him."

I looked up to meet his eyes. "Really?" I teased. He cocked one brow, holding my gaze. 

"Are you challenging me?" he asked almost a breathy. His eyes dropped to my lips and stared at it hard with a fire on his orbs. I absentmindedly bit the bottom of my lips as my eyes dropped to his Adams apple as it bobbed up and down, it looked so sexy. I unconsciously swallowed hard. 

I suddenly felt thirsty. My throat felt so dry. 

A load grunt left his lips causing me to shift my gaze to his smouldering eyes. It's still glued onto my lips. His eyes now a fire of passion. I involuntarily wet my lips. 

He let out a deep groan, and my eyes dropped to his lips. They occasionally apart as he swallowed hard. 

My heart beats faster and louder against my ears. I already forgot where we are. I was too consumed with the desire to feel his lips on mine. 

And as if he read my mind, he let out a guttural groan. 

"I need to do this," he grunted as he curled his hand around my waist and lifted me like a bag of feathers. In one swift move, we were in a dim lit room. Before I could comprehend what was happening, my back hit the wall, a door closing and then Alex's lip crashed onto mine. There was an urgency on his kisses. 

My hands automatically curled around his neck, meeting his lips with mine with the same fervour. "You tasted so sweet, babe!" he groaned against my mouth. His lips tasting the contour of my lips. Delicious tingling sensations rushed throughout my body, while his hand were busy caressing the curve of my side, down to my lower back. My heart beats faster and faster, my legs starting to feel like jello. I clung onto him, incase I dropped on where I was standing as I welcomed his tongue in my mouth.

As he explored my mouth, he pressed his body against mine, almost grinding. And it's like matches that lit up that fire and burned me, consumed me. 

A soft moaned escaped my lips. His tongue delved inside, massaging every corner. Then he swirled it around my tongue while his hand caressing my back, then gave it a gentle squeeze. I tasted smoke, wood and his taste. A taste of burning desire. 

Our tongue danced in a delicious rhythm. I never thought that sucking and nibbling tongue could lose a sanity. 

Alex lips left mine and it travelled down to the hollow of my neck. A throaty moan left my lips, my eyes closed as a fresh waves of tingling sensations rushed down to my lower region.  

"AHEM!" 

A loud fake cough brought us back from passion land to earth. All those sweet-sanity sucking sensations dissipated. Like a bucket of cold water just poured out on to me. My heart still beating faster as I leaned against the wall before I collapse.

Alex stopped kissing me but he didn't pulled away. 

"How long have you been there watching?" Alex asked. I buried my burning face, with embarrassment, on his chest. I could hear his heart racing against my cheeks. Alex hands curled around me, holding me tenderly.

"Before you intrude my privacy," came a reply.

 .....

I don't know how many times I check on it and tried to put some feelings on every words, but it sees it still lacks of it. Please let me know if you felt the same. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 35.9K 48
"What's your name?" He tries again. Should I tell him so he can shut up? Or will he just keep talking. "Fine. Don't tell me. But personally I think w...
136K 11.5K 43
Unedited... Laura is the second daughter of Chief West and the first and only child of Chief West's late first wife. She had lost her mother in a gha...
1.4K 50 14
In this enthralling romance, love and intimacy collide powerfully between two individuals who couldn't be more different. Like two sides of a coin, t...
4.6M 169K 46
Highest- #2 in Romance "Aren't you a feisty little thing?" He chuckled. I stopped breathing at the close proximity, my knees turning to jelly. I lean...