Running With Wolves [On Hold]

Bởi FatesBetween

The Carmine estate, also known as 'the dumping grounds for wolves' Eleanor had tried to escape her painful ch... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1, Eleanor
Chapter 2, Orson
Chapter 3, Eleanor
Chapter 4, Orson
Chapter 5, Eleanor
Chapter 6, Orson
Chapter 7, Eleanor
Chapter 8, Orson
Chapter 9, Eleanor
Chapter 10, Orson
Chapter 11, Eleanor
Chapter 12, Orson
Chapter 13, Eleanor
Chapter 14, Orson
Chapter 15, Eleanor
Chapter 17, Eleanor
Chapter 18, Orson
Chapter 19, Eleanor
Chapter 20, Orson
Chapter 21, Eleanor
Chapter 22, Orson
Chapter 23, Eleanor
Chapter 24, Orson
Chapter 25, Eleanor
Chapter 26, Orson
Chapter 27, Eleanor
Chapter 28, Orson
Chapter 29, Eleanor
Chapter 30, Orson
Chapter 31, Eleanor
Chapter 32, Orson
Chapter 33, Eleanor
Chapter 34, Orson
Chapter 35, Eleanor
Chapter 36, Orson
Chapter 37, Eleanor
Chapter 38, Orson
Chapter 39, Eleanor
Chapter 40, Orson
Chapter 41, Eleanor
Chapter 42, Orson
Chapter 43, Eleanor
Chapter 44, Orson
Chapter 45, Eleanor
Chapter 46, Orson
Chapter 47, Eleanor
Chapter 48, Orson
Chapter 49, Eleanor
Chapter 50, Orson

Chapter 16, Orson

1K 59 4
Bởi FatesBetween

Fucking hell, what is this feeling?

"Talk to me." 

The room has fallen silent, and Eleanor has made no move to leave to go to her room, nor has she turned to look at me, and I fucking hate it, I won't apologize for getting angry, the moment I felt her happiness with Lark I lost it, what's worse is that when she saw me, I could sense her emotions shift, she wasn't happy nor sad to see me, it was more of nervous concern and I hated that she wasn't happy to see me.

I was jealous, jealous of Lark.

He had gotten close to her in such a short amount of time, and for that, I wanted to hurt him.

I wanted to be the one to watch movies with her, but I had no choice, I got pulled away before I could go to her, if not for Adan bringing me more reports I would've been watching movies with her, not Lark.

I was close to breaking his neck in front of Eleanor, something I have never felt before that made me burn with rage, I have never felt that way since I was a young child, living in that forsaken place.

I look to Eleanor and she's sitting on the far end of the couch. "Please talk to me." I say louder this time.

She jumps slightly then frowns, there's a hint of blush still on her cheeks and I know she's still affected by the kiss, happiness swells in my heart knowing that she responded to me just how I responded to her.

She didn't push me away, that counts for something right?

I just couldn't control myself, she just had to talk back to me and turn me on, fuck- I don't regret it one bit, I wanted more- so much more, but I want to take my time and know her, I have to do this right, I don't want her to leave me.

I have to swallow my pride on this one, I just want her to talk to me. "I apologize okay? I shouldn't have snapped at you, I... I was just jealous."

She finally turns to me with curious eyes. "Of Lark?" Her soft voice asks and I nod and keep my eyes on her beautiful face as I admire her flaming red hair, which is falling over he face gracefully.

"Yes and no." I say slowly. "I was jealous he got to spend time with you, and I took it out on you, I hate other unmated wolves around you... even ones I trust." I say truthfully.

She studies me with a frown but nods her head. "Unmated? Does that mean he doesn't have a mate?" She asks and I nod my head.

Eleanor rolls her eyes and brings her knees up to her chest. "Why does it matter? It's not like we are attracted to each other, he only watched a movie with me." 

The thought of them being attracted to each other makes me snarl out lowly, making Eleanor look at me uncomfortably, I sigh out and run my fingers through my hair tiredly. "You're my mate Eleanor, Alpha wolves are more... aggressive around their mates, I should have punished him for calling your name, it's disrespectful to your title."

Her eyes widen and she tenses. "I asked him to Orson, he did nothing wrong, I wouldn't let him call me Lu-"

"I know."

She stares at me blankly then a blush forms on both of her cheeks and turns her gaze away from me, almost embarrassed by the fact.

"Why do I have guards outside my door? Are you still worried I might try and run away?" She mumbles quietly.

"It's merely for your own safety, I had to finish some work so I could spend the week with you, without interruptions." 

She hums and starts to relax, she turns to look at me and she shyly admires my face. "You didn't need to do that." She says quietly, shifting her eyes from mine to her feet.

I stand up from the sofa and shrug. "I want to get to know you Eleanor, I know I'm not.. your ideal.. mate, but I will try and be what you want in a male."

She nods her head and raises her eyes to mine shyly.  "Okay." 

"So." She clears her throat awkwardly. "Tell me about... 'just Orson'.." She says softly, with a small smile on her lips.

I smile back at her and take my jacket off and mindlink for drinks to be brought to the room.

"Ask me."

She shifts then goes silent until her eyes meet mine and I know she's got questions, how could she not?

"How old are you?"  She blurts out.

"33 in human years, how old are you?" I ask but I already know her age.

"..24, doesn't it.. bother you I'm younger than you?" She asks shyly, avoiding my gaze on her.

"No." I say. "Does my age bother you?" 

She mumbles no quietly, barely moving her lips.

"Do you have any siblings..family or.. kids?" She asks, mumbling the last part.

I furrow my eyebrows at her last question but still shake my head. "No."

When she doesn't say anything more I sigh and lean back. "My mother died when I was 7, I didn't know who my father was, I have no family other than my pack."

Her face drops. "Oh."

"How.. How did she die.. your mom? Is that okay to ask? ..actually ignore that, I'm sorr-"

I smile at her. "It's fine Eleanor, it was a long time ago... she was killed for protecting me from being beaten by the lord of the house we served under, she was a strong woman but she had pushed herself too much, she was beaten to death in front of me." 

Eleanor's eyes widen and start to gloss over, and I didn't expect this kind of reaction, but it makes me smile knowing she can have this reaction too, it is an odd feeling, most who know this have just nodded their head in acknowledgment, it was a common occurrence here in Titus, especially if you served a powerful house to a higher figure in society, disobedience was not left without punishment, or in my mother's case, death.

"I'm sorry.. for your loss." 

I look at her and she's wiping tears from her cheeks and it makes me feel warm, even though she's nowhere near me. "Thank you."

She's silent for a while so I decided to break the silence of what I just told her and try and lighten the room, the death of my mother had caused the air around us to be thick, and that's not what I wanted to happen.

"Tell me more about yourself. Your hobbies likes and dislikes." I ask curiously, watching her as she looks up at me, moving slightly closer to me as she leans against the sofa.

"There's really not much to tell." She mumbles. "I'm really boring if I wasn't studying, I just sat in my room and read books... I like what most girls like I guess.. and I don't like... I guess I don't like olives." She mumbles out, grimacing at 'olives'.

I grin at her facial expression and hum. "You're not boring, I find you alluring. Tell me more."

She shifts but begins to feel comfortable around me as she smiles softly at me with a blush on her cheeks. "..Thanks..um, I like the color green, and cats.. I'm allergic to strawberries and nuts, and I don't like the smell of fish." She says chuckling embarrassed as she fiddles with her hands.

"What about you? What do you.. like and dislike?" She asks me shyly.

"I like what most males do, greasy foods, power, wealth, and anything that is pleasing to the tongue, the usual masculine things I suppose... and dislike.." I hum. "Those who abuse power and liars, I have spent most of my life around such people, there's nothing I hate more in this world than those who use their titles to take advantage of those weaken then them." I say, grinding my teeth.

She was about to say something but someone knocks at the door, and I can smell a pack member with the drinks I requested, I mindlink them to enter and watch as a young pack female enters with a trolly of drinks and snacks.

"Alpha, Luna." She lowers her head to us and I nod, then she begins to place the drinks in front of us, then puts the plate of different types of sandwiches, fruit, and snacks on the table, which makes me aware of what Eleanor said earlier about her allergies.

"Wait." I say loudly in my Alpha tone to the female wolf, causing her to stop in her tracks. "Inform the kitchen staff to remove anything and everything containing nuts and strawberries from the kitchen at once." I instruct her and she nods her head, understanding.

"You may leave."

She lowers her head again, then leaves the room, closing the door quietly behind her, leaving me alone with Eleanor.. my mate again.

She's.... smiling, at me.

"Now what were we talking about?" I smile back at her, and just like that, I can feel her warm up to me much more than before, and I know it's because of what I just did for her, but I would never let anything or anyone harm her, I would do anything to protect her, even if she thinks it's only me getting rid of small things such as nuts and fruit for her.

She doesn't know yet, but there's much more I would do for her, nothing is beyond the limits for me, and soon she will learn that.

I'd do anything in my power to protect her, she's mine.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

10.6K 319 26
Abandoned by her own kind, Daciana is forced to live with humans and hide her true nature. When things take a huge turn on her, she has to leave the...
486 36 24
*CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT, MISSELPT WORD AND PHRASES* She was only a mere human or so she thought. Living her life away from what she use to be till h...
40.5K 1.7K 25
Elizabeth 'Lizzy' Razor never thought that an overly possessive alpha would kidnap her and her best friends from outside a suburban mall parking lot...
108 16 16
What he uncovered was a conspiracy against shifters! Cypher Wulfric was Wolf Creed's elite enforcer captain and trainer until he got rejected by a po...