Starting From The Sight & The...

By AO_Spring

Myle Arjera had a blurry past buried deep inside her memory. It was a mystery why she could not love the sigh... More

Copyright
Foreword
Prologue
Chapter 1: Mysterious Fellow
Chapter 2: Mind-reading
Chapter 3: Eyesight
Chapter 4: Secrets
Chapter 5: Reply
Chapter 6: Kyou Zeyern Part 1
Chapter 7: Kyou Zeyern Part 2
Chapter 8: Older Sister
Chapter 9: Trusted Friend
Chapter 10: Fierce Kid
Chapter 11: Deal
Chapter 12: The Arsonist
Chapter 13: Excuse
Chapter 14: Fate of a Zeyern
Chapter 15: Revelations
Chapter 16: Buried Feelings
Chapter 17: Laughter
Chapter 18: Teases
Chapter 19: Got Caught
Chapter 20: Misunderstanding
Chapter 21: Trust
Chapter 22: Plan
Chapter 23: Leadership
Chapter 24: Complete Team
Chapter 25: Snow Blue and the Five Dwarves
Chapter 27: Friend
Chapter 28: Memories
Chapter 29: Family
Chapter 30: Path
Chapter 31: Intuition
Chapter 32: Departure
Chapter 33: Abnormal Day
Chapter 34: Friends
Chapter 35: Dads
Chapter 36: Best Friends
Chapter 37: Finding Doc
Chapter 38: Solutions
Chapter 39: Mind Games
Chapter 40: The Master
Chapter 41: Worst Combination
Chapter 42: It's Too Late
Chapter 43: Bloom After Gloom
Epilogue
Afterword
~Ao's Christmas Gift~ (With Christmas Special Chapter)

Chapter 26: Myle Arjera

31 3 0
By AO_Spring

The sky was brighter than usual even though it's nighttime. Probably because of what her classmates were talking about: shooting stars. Still, her heart won't move just because of that. It might be brighter but it's not that pretty. Same as usual.

Glancing at her right, it felt like the whole world froze. It's the first time that someone other than her family was looking at her straightly...

"Who... the heck are you?" she asked then forgot to narrow her eyes. She's not captivated, she swore to herself.

She's just sitting on a bench outside the cafe all alone. Not until this creature went near her.

"Woah, you have a nasty personality as they said."

"Oh, shut up..."

He's the last person she wanted to hear those words from. Why was he bothering her anyway? This girl figured out just one thing:

He's just talking to me out of pity...

"J-Just leave me alone..."

Her voice shivered. In reality, she didn't want him to leave and she didn't want to be alone anymore.

As she looked at her feet, the boy in front of her spoke up.
"Come to think of it... You haven't told me your name."

"Er... And why the heck should I?"

"Well, because you heard mine before. I believe you're not an unfair person, right?"

"Manipulative bastard," she whispered.

But he didn't back down. Instead, he copied the way she talked, wearing an irritating smirk.
"Cruel lady."

"Er... Kyou Zeyern, was it?" Before continuing, she sighed. "I'm Myle Arjera. It's very not nice to meet you so I hope we don't become friends."

Myle used the usual introduction in front of the class but in a negative way. She can't be that nice to Kyou Zeyern. Since she had no reason to.

"... Cruel lady."

Her eye twitched.
"Is that all you have to say?"

"I guess you also carry heavy problems . . . Mind to share it with me?"

She hesitated. However, she also needed to let it out.

Finally, Myle told him but not everything. Nevertheless, it was a great way to take off the loads on her shoulders. Kyou Zeyern didn't move nor react. Was it the right thing to tell her story to this stranger? She at least needed an opinion! Honestly, she thought that he would cry but she realized that they're not the same. That's too bad.

Starting from that night, things... began to change.

"Myle, Myle! Can I leave early for today? My grandmother's sick so I need to take care of her..."

She looked at her, full of doubts.
"Do you have--"

"Please!"

She was interrupted that somehow irritated her. She was about to ask if she had proof. Still, those teary eyes were not lying. Shall she allow her to leave?

Tomorrow will be their group presentation. Her role was not that important anyway so it might be alright if she messed up. Her classmates' eyes were focused on them that made it harder to decide.

Finally, Myle had spoken,
"Fine. Here's the extra script. Study your lines if you have time."

"Ah! Thank you, Myle!" She grabbed the script abruptly then walked away... "I love you!" ... while forming a heart.

Disgusting.

That friendly-all cutesy-woman-type was the type that she hated the most. Like, don't they have anything to do other than act cute? People were working hard at the moment and she just did that after all the drama. That woman needed to read the mood.

"Myle!" another one called her.

"What?!"

"My grandmother is also sick... Can't I also leave now?"

".... On your mom or dad's side?"

"Dad's..?"

Woah, this dude's not even sure.

"Your grandmother on your dad's side already died 2 months ago and you expect me to believe your lies?"

"A-ah! I'm just kidding..."

"Then it's not funny," she replied.

Turning to the students by the door, she noticed that they're all wearing their backpacks already. So, she slammed the blackboard, letting a loud 'bang' echo through the classroom. "Where the heck are you all going?!"

"C-Can't we just practice tomorrow morning..?" a certain boy asked.

"Ah..." Those students got petrified, expecting Myle's next line. "Yes... or no?"

No one could answer. Because saying "yes" meant they want to leave, equivalent to marking their grades as zero. Saying "no" on the other hand, meant that no, they don't want to practice anymore. Pretty strict rules and she's serious about it.

Releasing all their bags, they finally obeyed her. For them, high school only became the hardest years because of Myle Arjera's tyranny in every group activity...

As for Myle, she had a hard time pressuring herself to maintain her ranking. Since it's the only way for her to gain acknowledgment.

At home, she's not that hard-working... but she's also not that lazy. There were only times that her brother exceeded in everything so she had no choice but to let him be. She just really... envied him. Excelling in academics was the only way for her to step on the same level as her brother.

"Brother Ein... Do you have some talent and skills potion?"

"Potion?"

"You know, I'm useless in everything. It's unfair 'cause Mom and Dad always praise you. They even ask if you're tired or not. I, on the other hand... had only constant praises because of my rank. I'm tired of hearing those. They're just like paraphrasing it."

"Are you drunk?" he asked. Since she's talking more than usual.

"I'm just letting my thoughts out. You're leaving tomorrow for part-time so you won't have the chance to babble this to our parents."

"Hm... Actually.., you're smarter than me."

Myle blinked then paused for a second before speaking.
"Nonsense."

"It's true! I only have my hard work! Look at you, you're not even reviewing but you still maintain your grades."

"Er... What the heck? I'm reviewing at school."

"Really?"

"Really."

"... Not anyone can remember stuff from what they have reviewed," he replied while averting his nervous gaze. 

Myle just sighed. "Stop cheering me up. It's not helpful. Since our parents went out, you should pick me up later."

"Eh? You? When? Where? Why?"

"Yes, me. Around 11 pm. At Zeyra Cafe. It's our JS Prom." she answered monotonously.

"JS? Do you have a dress?"

"Lev will lend me his sister's."

Their house suddenly became silent. Because her brother... ran out of questions. 

"Well then... I gotta leave early. Don't forget to pick me up!"

"Yes, yes, yes."

She grabbed her shoulder bag that was hung on the side of the stairs then stepped out of their house. The screen door sprang back on its own because Myle had no time to push it. Ein sighed, for her little sister just made a metallic noise from that closing screen door.

Arriving at the cafe, Lev on a tuxedo was on standby.

"Here," he said, pulling out the folded dress in his bag.

"... Thanks. Where's the restroom?"

"There..." He pointed at his left... until he gasped. "W-Wait! Sorry, I forgot. It's for males! The female restroom is on that side." He pointed at his right this time with a faint blush.

"O-Oh... Ahahahah. Thanks again."

Myle ran in that direction while Lev was left with these thoughts:

It's the first time I saw her laugh... Wait! Perhaps she's mocking me? There's no way a tyrant... Should I try to make her laugh later..? No, no. Ha... me and my crazy thoughts. 

"What are you standing there for? Go inside now." She was already back and ordered this to Lev. Boss mode already... She looks great in my sister's dress though.

Before she wore the cute gothic blue dress, she arrived wearing a red skirt and a simple blue t-shirt that made it easier for her to change. 

Entering the pinkish cafe, Myle rubbed her eyes, wondering if she's in some kind of dream or not.

"What the heck, Lev..? This venue is too elegant."

Yes, the glass and tables that were being wiped by the waiter and waitress shone into her eyes. Meanwhile, Lev's eyes widened because of a different matter. She's talking to me! Normally!

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"N-Nothing..."

"If you say so... You can go to your friends now. I'll just sit here." She pulled the chair out of the table.

"You say that but... aren't we also friends?"

"... We're friends if you like," she answered, but what did it mean?

If he like... So the friends that Myle had, always depends on the other party. She never initiated asking someone for a friend. So she didn't have that many friends in their class because no one liked her that much. Lev just realized it all just now.

"Then, we're friends now, Myle."

"Yes, yes. You can leave now."

"Myle... is abandoning me!"

"..." Lev's joke didn't work. Better luck next time. Still, why did she laugh before? Was she... really mocking him?

Glancing at the stairs, Myle spoke up,
"Your best friend is coming. I'll get a drink first."

"Don't leave yet. Why don't you join us on the 2nd floor?" Lev's so-called best friend offered right after arriving at them.

"And why should I?"

"Because... the shooting stars are pretty tonight?"

"Er... It's nothing special for me but--"

"Nothing special? I guess academics and praises are the only appreciated for top students."

She flinched. This dude's rubbing it on her-- that academics were the only thing she had. He chuckled like he didn't notice that his words somehow hurt Myle. Lev, on the other hand, forced a smile, trying to go along with his friend.

"I'll go there then. I might like it if I had the chance to see it."

"Oh, nice! Our tyrant is not that bad after all!"

"Tyrant..?" Myle tilted her head.

"Let's go..?" Lev asked.

She sighed then answered, "Alright, alright."

Walking behind those two, she crossed her trembling arms for having an unusually bad feeling. As they finally arrived on the 2nd floor, their whispers began to reach her ears.

"So she came, huh?"
"Looking cute. Too bad, her personality sucks."
"She'll probably leave in no time."

"I..." Myle spoke up and the two turned to her. "I'll just stay here... I don't feel like sightseeing after all..."

Lev was about to speak when his friend placed a hand on his shoulder.
"Okay then. Let's go, Lev!"

"B-but..." What about Myle?!

... And so, he was dragged to the corridor.

They're so noisy...

She complained inside her mind, hoping they would at least choose between their two topics: gossips about her or the pretty night.

Myle just sat on a lone chair in the corner but still managed to gain all of their attention. It's very bothersome... So to ignore that, she closed her eyes, slightly nodding to feel the beat of the music. Although it's from the '80s or '90s, it was still a masterpiece to make her shake her head.

"Here, cool that head of yours."

She opened her eyes, turning to that unknown woman's voice. A waitress...

"Do you want to or not?"

Glancing at the waitress's hand, there was bottled water.

"T-thank you very much..."

"Oh my... You're so polite. Anyway, don't mind those rumors, because there are people like me who have a motto of 'To see is to believe."

"Er... You just came up with that motto today, right?"

The waitress gasped.
"How did you know that?"

"You and my brother have the same habit when forced to cheer people up."

Her brother, Ein, would always point his index finger up then unconsciously glance to his upper left. It's the same as what this waitress did.

"Still, some of those were true..."

"Oh well, I don't care that much. I just hope that being a lonely kitten won't stress you out."

Myle narrowed her eyes.
"Lonely..?"

"You kept on frowning at the corridor. So why don't you join them?"

"I'm fine here. Thanks for your concern."

"You're welcome~" she replied with a playful tone. "Oh, wait. Our manager's calling me. See you when I see you~!"

Uhm... She's supposed to be hating me right now...

"Leader~!" Argh. Another one. "Do you want to have some juice?"

This girl... She's the one who got excused because her grandmother was sick. Cheerful as always. Ever since Myle allowed her to leave that time, she started to think that they became more closer... which is wrong. She just didn't have a choice because it's an emergency.

"I don't need one. Go back to sightseeing."

"Eh???"

She's irritated on the next level. Like, she wanted to shout 'Don't make me repeat myself!' or something.

"Fine, give it to me."

She just gave in. One glass won't hurt after all.

"Yey! Here you g--"

The shattered glass on the floor abruptly stopped everyone from speaking. This woman, on the other hand, squatted, covering her ears.

The music went on but for Myle, all her senses were gone. She couldn't hear the music that made her head shake before anymore.

After a few seconds, their whispers became louder than before.

"I'm..."

She couldn't apologize... or did she even need to? That woman was the one who dropped the glass. However, she's looking at Myle as if waiting for her sorry.

"... I'm sorry. Are you alright?"

Myle offered her hand but that woman just kept on trembling. What the heck is her problem? It'll look like my fault.

"What happened?"
"Did our tyrant drop the glass?"
"The girl's shaking so probably..."

Myle glanced at her new friend, Lev. She hoped that... he would at least side with her.

Their eyes met. But Lev immediately looked away, giggling with his friends.

It's hard to trust someone, huh...

She pulled her hand back since the woman didn't accept her offer.
"You can stand, right? I'm glad you didn't get hurt."

"..."

"What's this fuss all about?"

A man went near them, although he's not an employee. His casual clothes proved that. Because of this handsome man, the trembling girl before suddenly stood up like being energized.

"Great timing. If it's alright, you can stay here with her. I'll call a staff," said Myle, tapping his right shoulder while walking past him.

"... Are you alright?" he asked.

So the girl answered,
"Y-yes. I just became a bit nervous..."

"No, I mean..." A hand grabbed Myle's left shoulder that made her stop walking. As she blinked out of confusion, he asked again, "Are you alright?"

"... Well... Yeah?"

"I see. She dropped the glass near your feet so I thought you'll get hurt... Oh, wait. I mean she accidentally dropped."

Emphasizing that, people glanced at each other.

"Pfft... I'm alright, honestly."

The gossipers' jaw dropped from Myle's sudden laughter.

"If you say so..."

"Haha, thanks. I need to go now so you might want to let go of my shoulder?"

Realizing that, he let go then raised both his arms.

Myle walked away, unusually smiling. Not a villainous one, but a gentle one...

"Er... Excuse me. There's broken glass on the second floor so..."

"Ah, yes. The young man told us before. Thanks for reminding us again."

"You're... welcome."

She sat on a chair, in front of the bartender, thinking why that man would do that. Anyway...

"Why the heck is there alcohol in a cafe?"

"Would you like to taste some, young lady?"

"Er... No, thanks?"

"This one tastes like a fruit."

"Flavor?"

"Strawberry."

"Give me a glass."

And with that, she gave in to her curiosity.

One sip on the glass made her ask the bartender for more.

"No way. You'll get drunk, young lady."

"Stingy bartender."

"..."

He immediately placed all types of flavor in front of Myle. She drank about 3 bottles already and her surroundings began to blur. Her head ached that should be expected.

After a few moments, a familiar voice called her.
"Myle! Myle!"

"Who the heck?. . Lev!"

"Yeah, it's me. So... what are you doing?"

"Hm..? Asking the obvious, hic. "

He placed a palm on his head.
"You're drunk..."

"So what if I am?! Hic. Go away, shoo, shoo!"

The moment Lev looked away from her was flashing to Myle's memory.

"Mr. Bartender, why did you offer her a drink? She's still in high school."

"H-High school? Sorry, I didn't know."

Myle and Lev overheard that conversation and the person who's talking to the bartender was aware of that.

The man turned to them then smiled.
"We meet again."

"Hm..? You're that--! Er... Where did I see you again?"

He sat to match Myle's eye level.
"Broken glass scene."

"... Oh, hic."

"Too bad, huh..." He then glanced at Lev. "She doesn't want to talk to you."

"That's..."

"She'll sobber up in no time. Just wait. Fix things with her afterward."

Lev was confused but he's spitting facts. It almost seemed like he knew everything.

Out of curiosity, Lev spoke up.
"May I ask who you are..?"

Myle was also curious. But when she tried to stretch her arms to them, her head was spinning and her ears couldn't distinguish their voices anymore. However, the answer of that man in eyeglasses had already reached her.

"I am Kyou Zeyern," he said then smiled.
"... her first friend."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 102 27
"You need to know that you are beautiful even now, and I don't care what your background is I just care about the moments we had shared together". Sh...
18.6K 1.6K 16
Since they were young, both Mew and Gulf were seeing unbelievable things that only last for a few minutes, they told the adults but no one gave them...
9.7M 218K 20
"Rose, I'm sorry, but your eyesight will be gone by the end of this year." Who knew one simple sentence could change a life so drastically? Rose is a...
348K 12.3K 121
** COMPLETED ** Growing up in Beacon Hills, Wren Martin's life was as normal as any teenagers. With her sister Lydia, and her two best friends, Scott...