the best of me ⎪eren jaeger

By arminplzjust1chance

↬eren j. ⎪ ❝ You are my favorite place ❞ Giving your apartment to Eren, a boy of your friend group, didn't s... More

✿introduction
✿chapter one - new experience
✿chapter two - eren's laugh
✿chapter three - my favorite place
✿chapter four - i think the same about you
✿chapter five - the only photo we have together
✿chapter six - anything that is in our hands
✿chapter eight - a ray of sunshine
✿chapter nine - lies
✿chapter ten - bad memories
✿chapter eleven - the other side of the party
✿chapter twelve - hidden feelings
✿chapter thirteen - the same as before
✿chapter fourteen -indifference
✿chapter fifteen - explanations
✿chapter sixteen - new priorities
❀chapter seventeen - moving
❀chapter eighteen - excuses
❀chapter nineteen - the bookshop
❀chapter twenty - forgotten
❀chapter twenty one - halloween's secrets
❀chapter twenty-two - those little details
❀chapter twenty-three - the best for you
❀chapter twenty-four - confessions
❀chapter twenty-five - between pages
❀chapter twenty-six - Shiganshina Park
❀chapter twenty-seven - I know who you are
✾chapter twenty-eight - first date
✾chapter twenty-nine - sleepover
✾chapter thirty - different perspectives
✾chapter thirty-one - blaming
✾chapter thirty-two - unrecovered memories
✾chapter thirty-three - the first day of the last month
✾chapter thirty-four - looking at the moon
✾chapter thirty-five - lights off
❁chapter thirty-six - stranger
❁chapter thirty-seven - the worst of me
❁chapter thirty-eight - past and present
❁chapter thirty-nine - repeat
❁chapter forty - true colors
❁chapter forty-one - stay there
❁chapter forty-two - always guilty

✿chapter seven - pretty

942 36 20
By arminplzjust1chance

Eren's pov:

After you left the apartment, Eren cleaned everything. While doing that, he thought about the time you two spent together, and couldn't resist but to smile. She is actually a really nice girl; I don't even know why I didn't become friends with her before. I guess I had another view of her even before I was able to meet her, which I regret. After all, you were the only one who helped Eren when he most needed it the other day. Who knows where that boy would be right now if it wasn't for you.

After he finished with everything, Eren sat on the couch and turned on the TV, looking through some shows, movies or animes he could start watching. Your Lie in April appeared on the screen. He then remembered that Armin had told him to watch it. Pfft, I don't know. Eren continued scrolling, but eventually felt asleep. The house felt lonely now that the boy spent most part of the day with you.

The first thing the boy did when he woke up was looking at Instagram's stories. Reiner was with Connie and Jean... Wait, I forgot that I was going with them today. Well, next time, I guess. After that, Eren saw that you had posted a photo of a cake with figures on top of it that seemed like all the girls. No way she did that all alone. He responded to your story.

*you responded to y/n_l/n's story*

damn that looks good asf

did u acc cook that?

Eren left his phone on the table, and before he could do something else, his mobile rang. Already?

*y/n_ln*

its sooo good

and no, it was made by all of us😕

yo I want a piece now😩

yk u can bring it to me tmrrw as ur coming for the laundry

didn't I go today?

damn😭

well then u can come again

**✿❀ ❀✿**

You left him on read, so Eren thought you weren't planning on doing that. As he didn't have anything to do, the boy took a paper and a pencil, and started painting some images he found on Pinterest. He eventually got bored of them, so he took his phone and searched his gallery for photos with his friends. The most one recent was one took the day before in which all of the group appeared at Historia's house, including you. This photo seems cool to draw. After a little bit more than two hours, Eren finished his drawing. This looks sick. He liked it that much that he searched for frame to hang his creation on the wall. He took a photo of it and sent it to Armin.

you

*sent a photo*

do u like it? :)

annie's bf

I love it!

It's beautiful

Everyone looks sooo good

Let me send it to Annie, she's gonna love it

you

aw, I hope so

**✿❀ ❀✿**

After that, he went to Instagram and looked at some stories, just like before. In that moment, he saw yours with Jean. Oh, so that's why she left me on read. Damn, these two are going to end up together for sure. Eren didn't know why, but he felt sad knowing that you ignored him just because you were having a good time with Jean. Like I don't deserve it. After all, I treated her really bad yesterday, just because I invited her to her own apartment doesn't mean that she has forgiven me. Thinking about this made him regret even more what happened at Historia's house. I didn't mean to, it's just... Ok. I need to stop thinking about this. With that, he went to cook something for dinner, which that day was a homemade pizza. While he was eating it, he received a photo from you. She must have left Jean's house, that's why she's answering.

y/n

*sent photo*

i saved this piece for u :)

That surprised him. Did she actually take a piece just for me? Sasha is for sure mad at her.

you

y/n

yh

why wouldnt i?

you

idk

but didn't expect it

so ig ur coming tmrrw?

y/n

yes, we can do homework while im there

poetry class got canceled, mr smith is "sick"

prob he's just tired of connie and wants to skip English

you

ohhhhh that's cool

yh we can do homework

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Wait, I have to do something.

**✿❀ ❀✿**

y/n💒

kkk so after school I'll go there

i think I have one more class after u finish

you

yeah, I'll wait

I'm gonna go to sleep, soooo

good night:)

can't wait to eat that piece😕

y/n💒

😔I'm tired too

good night <3

**✿❀ ❀✿**

What do I answer to that?

**✿❀ ❀✿**

you

<3

**✿❀ ❀✿**

When he finished texting you, Eren ate more of the pizza, but after 5 minutes he was full. I can't throw all of this food. That's when the boy decided that he was going to save it and give it to you tomorrow on lunch.

The next day, Eren woke up and dressed for school. He made some breakfast and sit on the couch, next to the balcony. He got mesmerized looking at the sky, as it was turning a reddish color, meaning that the sun was rising. In that moment, he saw someone on the street: you. Before he could wave his hand, you continued walking, heading to school. Eren went to the balcony, the morning chill making him he shivers. "y/n!", he shouted, but you couldn't hear him.

While he tried to catch your attention, Historia passed through the apartment. "Hey Eren!", she said lough enough for him to hear her. "Looking at the sky?"

Eren looked at her direction. "Hey, Historia. Ummm, yeah, its color is pretty cool right now".

"Red is still your favorite color, right?", she asked.

How does she remember that? The boy smiled. "Yeah, it is, that's why today the sky is beautiful! Wait for me, I'm going to take my school bag and brush my teeth, I'll be down in 5 minutes".

When he went to building's door, Armin, Mikasa and Bertholdt were next to the blonde girl. "Hey guys".

The group greeted him and started walking to school. "So, Eren...", Historia started, as the other three teenagers were talking about some videogame, "I heard that you spent yesterday's morning with y/n. Was it good?"

The boy got confused about the question. "Eh, yeah, it was pretty good. I also saw that after that, all of the girls cooked a cake".

"Yeah! It was delicious. Y/n got some for you".

Eren blushed, remembering about that. "Do you think that she didn't forgot about it? Yeah, she probably would, or she gave it to someone else..."

Historia stopped him. "So worried... for what? I'm sure she brough it", she took out her phone and showed him a photo of Ymir preparing the cake. "I know you like to cook, so I took a photo of Ymir, so you'll know we have put all of our effort!"

"Yeah, can't wait to eat it today", he said while smiling at her.

All of them arrived at school's entry, where the rest of the group was waiting. "Hey guys", you said.

Before Eren could greet you back, Historia said something else: "Talking about you, I hope you brought that piece of cake". What? No... "this guy here has been asking me all the walk if you didn't forget about it". This is so embarrassing.

You looked at Eren. Why did I even say that to Historia? "Really?"

A bit of red appeared on the boy's cheeks. "Um, yeah. I don't know, I guess I'm hungry".

You laughed and started walking through. Um, that's not funny. "Well, yes, I brought it, but you'll have to wait until this afternoon".

Oh, so she brought it. Eren put his hand on his chin, acting like he was hardly thinking about it. "Mmmmm, I guess I can wait till that moment. By the way, I saw you before in front of the apartment. If you had told me, I would have gone with you to school".

The boy saw your face getting red. Why does she get so awkward when I do something for her? "Oh, yeah, I didn't want to bother you because you were still having breakfast", you replied.

"Next time just say it to me", he said, "what class do we have now?".

Suddenly, Reiner appeared. "Math with our favorite teacher!".

In math class, Eren heard Mr. Ackerman said that Connie and you were the only ones that failed the exam. This afternoon I have to help her.

After a couple of hours, all of you had class with Mr. Shadis, playing soccer that day. Poor y/n. Eren's team, formed, among others, by Reiner and Sasha, was playing against Mikasa's team, which included Connie, Armin and you.

During the first couple of minutes, Eren noticed that you didn't even touch the ball. While that, Sasha accidentally hit you. "y/n!", was the first thing the boy could manage to say, as he saw you were on the floor. "y/n! Can you hear me?"

You opened your eyes, and he helped you getting up. The game continued after that. Eren was defending his area, as Mikasa was about to score a goal. I can't let her do that. Since the start of the match, he had seen that Mr. Shadis was marking how each one of you was playing. y/n is for sure going to get a low mark, I have to do something. This caused Eren to stop the ball kicked by Mikasa, and his leg move to your direction, so you had a clear opportunity to score a goal, which you did.

Woah.

"OH MY GOD!", you shouted.

When the match ended, he went to say congratulations to you, and after that, he went to history class. The weird thing is that he couldn't see Armin or you. After a couple of minutes, the blonde boy appeared. "I'm sorry, Mr. Zachary", he apologized, "I was with y/n in the infirmary", Armin explained as he sat next to Eren.

"What happened to y/n?", the brunette whispered.

"She had a headache".

"Anything else?", Eren asked.

Armin told him to shut up, as he wanted to pay attention to the class. Eren raised his arm. "Excuse me, Mr. Zachary, could I go to the bathroom?", he questioned, which made the teacher nod in agreement. The brunette went to the infirmary, and he saw that you were asleep. He didn't want to wake you up, but at the same time, he wanted to know how you felt, making him touch your arm in a way to make you realize you were not alone. "y/n, can you hear me?". With that, you opened your eyes, which looked intensely into his. "There you are".

"What are you doing here?", you asked, "You should be in class".

Eren explained you why he came, and you told him not to worry about you, which made him go back to class. I'm happy she feels better.

The boy arrived a bit later to lunch. He wanted to seat next to you to give you the rest of the pizza he could not eat yesterday, as he told himself he would do that. However, Marco found him before he could that. "Eren! Come sit with us".

He did so. In the table there was Mikasa, Armin, Bertholdt, Ymir, Marco and Annie. "I'm so happy that we won", Mikasa started talking. "Thanks to you, Eren", she said as she formed a smirk.

"Pfft, I was distracted". After that, everyone started talking, so he thought it was a good opportunity to give you what he wanted. As he started getting up, he saw that Jean sat next to you. Oh. You two were taling while smiling. I'm sure they are talking about yesterday. In that moment, you looked at his direction, which made him blush. She must think I'm a stalker or something like that. He shily waved his hand and smiled, and you returned the action.

After one more class, Eren went to the apartment and started tiding up everything, as you were coming in less than an hour. What should I do now? He decided that he would wait for you in the balcony. When he went there, he sat, looking at the white roses. The boy analyzed them, realizing why you liked them that much. They are beautiful, and the fact that they are not the conventional red ones makes them like that even more. In that moment, he saw you walking to the building a few meters away. You looked extremely happy, holding something with your hands. Eren smiled and went to the door to open it and wait for you.

y/n's pov:

When you arrived at the third floor, Eren was waiting for you already at the door. "Hey, Eren! What are you doing here already?".

Eren's face turned a bit red. "Hey. Well... I was on the balcony and I saw you, so I opened the door, so you didn't have to wait".

Your face did the same thing. "Oh, thank you. Well, I brought up the piece of cake so... let's eat it!".

Both of you entered in the house. It was clean, as well as yesterday. "Damn, I thought you were less organized than you actually are", you said.

Eren laughed. "Those are my exact thoughts. I don't even know how I'm managing to keep it this clean. Sit in the table, I'm going to bring up some plates".

You did what he had told you, he sitting in front of you after a few seconds. "Ok, let's eat what you cooked".

"I already told you I didn't do it... But I made this figure!", you explained as you took it out from the container. "It's me!"

The brunette smiled. "Woah, that's cute. You did a very good job, I'm actually impressed".

"Thank you! I don't think is that good, though", you exclaimed, "you can keep it if you want to".

Hearing your answer, Eren froze for a second. "Oh, thank you, I guess. Well, how did last class go?"

Emotion appeared in your eyes. "Oh my god, it was so funny. Mrs. Magnolia made us draw the person we were sitting next to, but with a range of colors we associate them with. I was next to Historia, so I drew her with different tones of blue. Mine wasn't that perfect, but my portrait made by her surely was. Look,", you ordered as you took it out of your bag, "she chose red. I really like it. What about you?"

When you looked up, you saw Eren analyzing with a confused and, at the same time, mesmerized face. "Woah, Historia really knows how to bring out people's good features. It's beautiful. The only thing is that, for me, I think white is the perfect color of you, but red is my favorite color, so I can't complain at all".

With every word that the boy was saying, you smiled more and more. "Well, that's really nice of you. I'm glad you like it. And I'm as well glad that you said that white is perfect for me, it's my favorite color!"

He laughed. "Yeah, I figured that out a while ago". Eren looked at the window, and his expression softened. "Oh... Look at the sky, y/n. It's perfect, isn't it?"

You did what he told you and looked at the sky. There was a great variety of colors, due to dusk, but the one that was most noticeable was red. Now I understand why that is his favorite color, this vision is beautiful. "Yeah, it is. I could be looking at it all day and not get tired".

"Do you want to take a picture with me with the sky in the background?"

What? "...I would love to, but why do you want to?"

He formed a confused expression, "Why wouldn't I? Besides, as I told you yesterday, I don't have any photos with just the two of us. As much as I love Sasha, I want a photo with everyone".

You were in shock with what he said. "Oh, ok! But... I don't really think my appearance, after six classes and one accident, is perfect right now. Besides, I'm not that photogenic".

Eren went from having a face that was brimming with joy to one that was puzzled and sad "Why do you always say those kinds of things about you?"

You were confused. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm just pointing out that, since you got here, you didn't say anything good about you. You don't think that the figure you made is that good, you don't think the portrait you made was beautiful compared to Historia's. Now, you say that your appearance isn't good to take a photo. Well, look at this", he commanded as he showed you his phone. There was a photo of you right now in the balcony, where both of you were now, that he must have taken without you noticing, "I think that you look pretty, so don't say you are not photogenic".

Once more, what he said left you without words. You didn't know that Eren thought that about you. What shocked you more is that he made that impression in less than four days. I can't even imagine what he would think about me if we got to know each other three years ago, like everyone else. "Well, I don't know, it's just... I don't really think I'm that special, you know? There are people around me that's always better than me in almost everything, so maybe I'm good at doing something, but compared to them, I'm worse. Why do you think I hate playing soccer? It's not because I'm bad at it, but compared to Mikasa or Reiner, I'm a failure", you explained while laughing.

Eren smiled. "Well, maybe in that example you are correct, but just because you are not better than others doing something doesn't mean that you are not special. My mom always said something that we are already great because we were born into this world, or something like that".

"Well... That's true, I guess. My mom has a completely different vision, though", you explained, laughing in a forced way, as you weren't comfortable talking about her. "Well, let's take the picture, you have raised my confidence!"

He took his phone out. "I'm happy about that. Ok, smile now!", the boy exclaimed while the photo was taken. It was actually beautiful. "Perfect, I'm going to print it later".

You smiled. "Don't forget to give me a copy. I guess I should go now, it's late, and I don't even know what to have for dinner".

"I have a solution for that. Um, yesterday I made a pizza, but it was too big for me, so I saved what I couldn't eat. I was going to give it to you during lunch, but you seemed occupied talking with... Well, the thing is that I already have it, so you can have it. I'm sorry it will not taste as good as yesterday".

You were perplexed. "Are you joking? You don't need to apologize. Thank you so much, Eren, I'm sure it will taste delicious".

After that, he gave it to you. "See you tomorrow", he said while opening the door.

"Yeah, thank you for letting me spend some more time with you, it was great!"

During the return home, you thought about what happened today at the apartment. Although there had been a lot of funny moments, what stayed in your mind was what Eren said about you. Yeah, all of your friends said those kinds of things to you all the time when trying to cheer you up, but the way Eren said it, and just because of him being the one who said it, it had a bigger impact on you. During a long period of time, since the last time you spend more weeks than the usuals with your parents, you tried that the comments people said about you, doesn't matter if they were good or bad, didn't affect you. The only thing that mattered is what you thought about yourself. But that afternoon changed.

When you arrived home, you ate what Eren gave you. 

you

it was sooooo good

eren💒

let's gooooo

*eren💒 sent a photo*

I just printed them

I'll give it to u tmrrw

you

thanks:)

btw

u'll better treat my figure well

eren💒

yeah, I will

I totally didn't throw it away...

you

WHAT

eren💒

jkjk

right?

you

eren💒

😳 t-t-t-t-thank u

you

LMFAOOOOO

I have to go:/

I need to sleep😕

eren💒

NOOOOOO

you

yeah:(

gn

eren💒

btw, here's the photo I took of u

in case u want to post it

*eren💒 sent a photo*

you

I'll post it rn

eren💒

rlly?

you

yeahhhh

eren💒

Kkkk

good night y/n

<3

you

:D

**✿❀ ❀✿**

After you finished with everything you needed to do, you settled in your bed and posted the photo Eren took of you on Instagram. After more or less 5 minutes, you saw that some of your friends already commented.

historiareiss1 omg so beautiful

mikaackerman I'll b at ur house in abt 5 minutes

thesfalseymir @historiareiss1 ummmmm

reinerbraun_ love it:)

sashasbetterthanurfave6 OMGGGGGGG

conniesbetterthanurfave9 FIRST HATE COMMENT LET'S GO

annieleonhart @arminarlrt we broke up

        - arminarlrt understandable

        - 6marcobodt9 @arminarlrt HUHHHHHHHH?!

eren.jaeger um I wonder who took this

eren.jaeger pretty

.•° ✿ °•.

A/N: hey:) just so y'all know, from now all of the main characters will be on Senior year instead of Junior, because I think it fits better the story. Have a good day!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 191 10
▎𝗕𝗢𝗥𝗡 𝗧𝗢 𝗗𝗜𝗘. 𝖺𝗇 𝖺𝗈𝗍/𝗌𝗇𝗄 𝖿𝖺𝗇fi𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇. 進撃の巨人 ❝ 𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗌𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽𝗌, 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗂𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅�...
286K 10.1K 48
ac: @/staticfeels_ on twt Falling full on into the illusions that come with love, you find yourself regretting two years of your life, viewing those...
6.5K 320 26
𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗴𝘂𝗻𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗲𝘆�...
13.9K 551 63
AOT modern au !! Sasha suffers from severe anxiety that takes over her entire life...along with two roommates named Connie and Jean who monitor ever...