Bad Romance - Beta Lumity - B...

By Lumity1220

This is just a little fanfic I made for beta Lumity Little description: Luz and Amity have both been in the s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
A/N

Chapter 6

595 14 8
By Lumity1220

Amity P.O.V.

After eating dinner and then pacing in my room for a few minutes, I decided to bite the bullet and just go ask my parents if I could "tutor" one of "Emira's friends" and that she "begged me" for help. As I was pacing, I imagined all of the different scenarios of how this could play out. The worst being that they saw right through me and figured everything out about my life outside of being a Blight. The best, being them accepting it and then never bothering me about it again.

I figured that it would fall somewhere in the middle, so when I knocked on the door to my parents' room, I was ever so slightly optimistic. 

"Come in." My mother's voice rang out from behind the closed door.

I opened the door, slipped in, and closed it behind me. 

"What do you need?" My mother was sitting in an extravagant—and not that comfortable looking—chair, stirring a cup of what I assumed was tea. Her expression was somewhat impatient and as cold as ever.

"I have been offered a position as a tutor to one of Emira's acquaintances, and I have come to seek your approval." I stood up straight and kept my voice neutral.

"What will you be gaining from this ordeal?" She asked me.

"I will be paid by the hour for each session," I answered calmly.

"And when will these sessions be?" My mother's gaze never wavered from mine.

"Each day after school," I tried to keep myself from cowering away from that gaze.

"Hmm," She pondered it and looked over to my father, who was immersed in his laptop. "What do you think, Alador?"

He looked up for a moment. "Well, she will be gaining from it, therefore I allow it," He then looked over to me once my mother had also turned her attention back to me and gave me a little smile. 

My father was always kinder than my mother. He was the one to comfort me when I was sad, the one to patch up my scratches and scrapes when I was a kid, the one who actually cared for me. I figured that he knew about a lot of the things I did, since he was still seen as the head of the family to the public eye and got all of the information from mom's little spies. If I wasn't in trouble yet, he either didn't know, or just wanted me to do what I loved to do. That little smile he gave me told me that he knew something, and was covering for me, giving me the chance to live out my life. That little smile meant the world to me. 

I nodded and thanked both of them as I walked out and quietly shut the door behind me. Once I turned around, there were two very curious twins right up in my face.

"Sooo?" Edric was grinning.

"What was that all about?" Emira finished the question.

"And what's got you smiling like that?" I didn't realize that I was smiling until Ed pointed it out, and for a moment it shocked me.

"We can talk about it in my room," I quickly walked down the hall, the twins almost jogging behind me to keep up.

"Ooh! Does it have something to do with that girl you were on the phone with for like three hours earlier?" Em put a hand on my shoulder, effectively stopping me in my tracks.

I felt my face heat up a bit. "Let's just get to my room first," I brushed Em's hand off my shoulder and speed walked into my room, letting the twins in before locking the door behind me.

"So is it that girl or not?" Ed had a smug look on his face as he sat down on the bed with his twin.

"Yes. Now before you freak out, let me explain what's going on," I started pacing and told my siblings about the situation. When I met Luz at the club, sitting next to her at school, our little study session, how we almost kissed, all of the conversations, how she wanted me to be in her band, what our excuse to mom and dad was, and how they let me. 

When I'd finished, I stopped pacing and looked over to see Ed and Em with their mouths hanging open.

"What?!" They both exclaimed in unison.

"You're telling us that this hot girl that you're totally into is doing all these things with you and you just met her yesterday?!" Ed got up and shook my by my shoulders.

"Gah! Stop shaking me!" I ducked under his arms and sat down on my bed next to my sister. "Yes! And I don't know what's going on, but I'm not against it..." I was staring at the ground, trying to process everything.

"Well, it sounds like you like her, which is different from most people you meet," Em observed.

"I think 'like' is an understatement," Ed chuckled and sat down on my other side. He then winced and glared at Em, who had just jabbed him in the side, but I didn't care. I was lost in my mind, trying to figure out what about Luz made me just open up like that.

"Well, when are you going to see her again?" Em gave me a soft look and smiled.

"Tomorrow at school... and then she's taking me to her house after school to clean out what's going to be the band room," I looked up to see my sister's reaction. She was always more helpful with these sort of things. She has a girlfriend so she understands what I'm going through. Ed always tries his best, but he's been dating Jerbo since his sophomore year of high school, so he's no help.

"Well, that should be fun!" Emira gave me a reassuring smile. It made me lighten up.

"Yeah..." I smiled. "But I should probably get some more work done so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow."

"Aren't you already like five assignments ahead?" Edric raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, but I can't fall back or mom and dad will kill me," I said bluntly.

Both of the twins stood up and Em spoke. "Well, we'll leave you to it!" She dragged Ed out of the room, and thankfully he actually closed the door behind him this time.

I sighed and got to working even farther ahead. And after a few hours of that, I was satisfied and I got up to go do my nighttime routine. Once finished, I changed into my pajamas, turned off the lights, settled into my bed, and set my alarm. I drifted off to sleep, thinking about what tomorrow would bring.

*le gay time skip*

I was snapped out of a dream by an annoyingly loud beeping sound. I rolled over and fumbled around my night stand, trying to find my phone. Once I grabbed it, I cracked my eyes open just enough to shut it off and I stretched before getting up to get ready for the day. I was sluggish walking into my en-suite bathroom until I remembered what I had in store for today.

Oh yeah! I get to see Luz a bunch today! I got excited thinking about talking to the Latina again. I quickly got ready and made sure I looked presentable in my uniform. I double checked that the collar of my white button up shirt was perfect, there were no wrinkles in the white and royal blue skirt, my tie was on right, and there was no lint on my blazer before gathering my things and walking out of my bedroom and down to the living room.

And there I sat, waiting for Boscha to come and pick me up, which was supposed to be right around-

HONK HONK!

Oh. I guess she's here.

I walked out of my house and got in the back of Boscha's car since Skara was already seated in the passenger seat.

"Hey, Amity!" Skara turned around and waved at me. 

"Hello, Skara," I gave her a small smile.

Boscha stayed quiet, and it concerned me for a moment, but I shrugged it off, assuming it was nothing.

About 2 minutes into the drive, we were stopped at a red light near the school and Boshca glanced at me in the mirror and spoke up.

"So, uh... who's that girl you were staring at and talking to yesterday?"

"Oh, yeah!" I was prepared for this, and I quickly prepared my story. "It's one of Emira's old friends that needs tutoring. We were just planning it out yesterday." I smiled and Skara immediately nodded along as if she understood. But Boscha wasn't so easy to please.

"Skara stop being such a dumbass!" Boscha turned most of her attention back to the road and continued driving. "We know that's not Emira's friend." She paused. "Look, Amity. I know we don't always talk about a bunch of stuff, but you know you can trust us, right?"

I sighed, then I took a deep breath. "Okay so she's not actually Emira's friend I met her at the night club where I perform on the weekends and we really hit it off and then we spent yesterday after school together and now we're making a band to play at the club and also I'm gay." I said in one breath.

If Boscha hadn't just parked the car, I think we would have crashed. "I don't think I've heard you speak that much... like, ever," She turned around to face me. "Are you serious?"

"Yes..." I looked down, slightly ashamed that I'd been lying to my best friends for so long. "Look, I'm sorry I-"

Boscha cut me off. "Shut up for a second," Boscha and Skara shared a look and then they turned their attention back to me. "Okay, Amity. First of all, I don't care that you're gay. I would be a total hypocrite if I did."

"Yeah! I don't care that Boscha's gay, so I don't care that you're gay either!" Skara squeaked excitedly.

"I'm pan dumbass," She glared at Skara for a second and then looked back to me. "Second of all, you got a super badass side job as a performer, and I dig it." She nodded approvingly.

"Before you say anything about the band, I wanna ask you two something," I fiddled with my hands. "Would you guys wanna be in the band? Like Boscha you would play the bass, and Skara, I know you're really good with sound stuff so you would be the sound director. And Willow's gonna be the keyboard player and this kid named Gus will be on the drums."

"Ooh! That sounds so fun!" Skara squealed. "We would get to spend so much time together!"

I looked over at Boscha. "What about you?"

"I'm in," I could tell from the look in her eyes that it was because Willow would be there too.

"Great! Luz and I are meeting after school to clean out the band room, do you guys wanna join?" 

"Well, we already made plans to do stuff after school today," Skara glanced between me and Boscha awkwardly.

"Oh that's alright," I reassured them. "I'll talk to Luz about it later, but we're hoping to get everyone together soon so we can start planning things out."

"Wait a second, that name just clicked. Do you mean Luz Noceda?" Boscha asked me.

"Yes?" I said hesitantly. I don't know why Boscha would know who Luz was and I hadn't for so long.

"You mean that you got the resident stone cold party bitch of Hexide to fall for you?" I cocked my head in confusion at Boscha's words.

"What do you mean, resident stone cold party bitch of Hexide?"

"Of course you wouldn't know..." Boscha shook her head and started to get out of the car.

"Hey!" I grabbed my stuff and got out too. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing. Just means little miss perfect is keeping up her act," Boscha grinned and we started walking. "Don't talk to her too much at school unless you want to be murdered by your mom."

"Oh trust me, I figured that part out on my own," I rolled my eyes as we entered the building. We still had around 10 minutes until the start of first bell, so we made our way to the cafeteria and found that our usual table was empty.

"Where's everyone else?" Skara asked.

"Like I would know," Boscha sat down in her normal seat and pulled her phone out, presumably to text her girlfriend.

As I sat down in my seat, I felt my phone buzz in my bag, so I pulled it out and saw that I had a text from Luz.

Luz<3: meet me in the bathrooms

Me: and why on earth would I do that?

Luz<3: I just need some advice and I know you wont talk to me in the middle of the cafeteria

I looked up from my phone and glanced across the lunch room to see Luz at her table with her friends. She was also looking at me.

Me: fine just let me leave first... wait a minute and then follow

Luz<3: whatever you say princesa

I rolled my eyes and stood. "I'll be back,"

"Where are you going?" Skara asked with a smile. I saw that Boscha was just watching the exchange.

"Bathroom," I said simply as I began to walk away.

I went into the girls bathroom to find it empty, so I leaned on the wall and pulled out my phone to at least have something to do while waiting for Luz. After a few minutes, the door to the bathroom swung open and a tall figure with a beanie and a half-on blazer walked into the restroom.

"Hey, princesa~," Luz made sure the door closed behind her—they weren't very reliable when it came to that—and made her way towards me.

I put my phone away and waved for her to follow me into the big stall at the back. Once we both had entered, I locked it behind me and leaned up against the wall. "So, what do you need advice on?"

"Alright, skip straight to the point then," Luz grinned that stupid little grin.

"Yes, I don't have much time, and neither do you, so make this quick," I said deadpanned.

"Okay okay, chill out," She raised her hands in surrender. "I was just a little nervous about talking to Willow and Gus and I wanted to ask you about it..." She was looking down at the ground.

I saw her normal confidence fade and I softened. "Hey, look at me," I tilted her head up. "You have nothing to worry about, okay?"

She nodded and looked me right in the eye. "How should I bring it up?"

"When you guys are eating lunch, just say it. Tell them, 'I'm starting a band, and I want you guys to be in it.'" I say that as if it's something easy. I can tell you from personal experience that it's not.

She chuckled lightly. "You make it sound so simple,"

"Because it is," I smiled, but my expression immediately turned to one of fear when I heard the bathroom door open and the voices of either freshman or sophomore girls fill the room.

"You know, I've heard about her. She seems like such a riot," One girl said as she walked into one of the stalls.

"Just looking at her I can tell that much," Another girl quipped.

"I know right? How did she even get the school to let her wear pants as her uniform?" A third girl questioned. 

That's when it hit me that they were talking about Luz. She was the only girl I'd seen without a skirt as part of her uniform. I looked at Luz's face to see her smirking slightly. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the conversation.

"I don't even know!" The second girl sounded exasperated. "I asked so many times, but all I get is, 'No Sadie, you need to wear the skirt! Sadie, that's not fit for a girl!' It's so annoying!"

"Anyways..." The third girl changed the topic. "Luz is in one of my classes, and you won't believe who she's going for."

"Ooh!" The second girl sounded interested. "Do tell!"

I saw Luz shift uncomfortably as the girl began speaking again. "Amity Blight!"

"What? Why her? She's just some stuck up bitch with money! She'd be better off with someone like me," The first girl had come out of the stall and joined the conversation.

"I know right? She's just so bland and proper. Definitely not worth the time of Luz Noceda," The third girl sneered. "But I saw it with my own two eyes! And the funny thing was, Amity turned her down!"

This made the other girls laugh, but the second spoke up. "I thought she would be more desperate than that. Especially since it's Luz we're talking about,"

I looked back at Luz to see her fuming. She shifted her weight to go and confront the girls, but before she could make another move, I grabbed her by the tie, and she tripped and put her hand up on the wall by my head to avoid falling. She looked at me with wide eyes for a moment before I shook my head, silently telling her that it wasn't worth it.

"Ugh, I know. What a loser," The first girl had finished washing her hands and the three left the bathroom, presumably still gossiping about Luz and I.

I looked back at Luz to see that our faces were mere inches away and she had me pinned against the wall. I immediately let go of her tie and she stepped back, both of our faces dusted red.

"Sorry about that..." I avoided her gaze.

"No no no, don't worry," She grabbed my hand and looked me in the eye. "Thanks, for not letting me beat the shit out of those girls."

"Heh... it's nothing," I smiled.

"No really. Most people would have just let me for the fun of it, and I would have regretted it later," She scratched the back of her neck with her free hand.

"Well, in all fairness, they were being assholes," I looked away from Luz.

"Don't listen to a thing they said. You're an amazing person, Ams," She tilted my head up to look at her. "They don't know the real you, and sucks for them 'cause you're great." She gave me a warm smile.

Those words hit me in a way I can't describe. To many people, they would have just felt like nothing. Just another untruthful compliment to another untruthful person. But the way Luz said it, her facial expression, her readiness to jump out and fight three teenage girls just because they picked on me... it hit home. It made me feel like a real person. Not some mindless drone going through the motions. Not the emotionless little miss perfect I came to think of as myself. And I loved it more than I'm willing to admit.

"Thank you..." I stared into those hazel eyes, trying to convey my message further.

"Man, you really don't get compliments often, do you?" She smirked, returning back to her jokester demeanor.

I rolled my eyes and punched her playfully. "Shut up..."

"Well, Blight," She started to walk out of the stall. "We should probably get off to class soon."

I followed, but walked to the sinks to wait a moment before returning to my friends. "Yes we should, Noceda,"

"See you in third bell, princesa~!" She waved and grinned as she walked out the door and shut it behind her.

I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror. 

We're those girls right? Was I just a stuck up rich kid? Why does Luz even like me enough to stay around? 

All of those thoughts and more were swirling my head as the 5 minute warning bell rang. I took a deep breath to compose myself and walked out of the bathroom, heading back to the cafeteria to see Boscha and Skara starting to get up to walk to their first class.

"Well well well," Boscha grinned. "Look who's back."

"Hey, Amity!" Skara waved as enthusiastically as ever.

I gave them a small wave and went to grab my bag.

"What's got you so quiet?" Boscha raised an eyebrow.

"I'll tell you later..." I mumbled as I walked off to my first class. My brain was flooded with new emotions, thoughts, and ideas, and I didn't know what to think of them.

Sure, I've "dated" people before. But most of it was to please my mom, so of course all of my exes are boys. They never lasted long. I've never felt remorseful at all after dumping a guy. They were just little pieces in my game against my mother. And sure I'd kissed girls before. I work at a night club, so how could I avoid it? But none of those girls made me feel anything compared to how I feel when Luz just looks my way. She made me feel things no other person had, and it confused me. And things that confuse me scare me. But despite my perception of fear, this felt like a good kind of scared.

Before I knew it, I was walking into my first bell class and sitting down at my desk, prepared to take notes on the lecture, even though I'd already taken copious notes on the material from the textbook, which I knew would be exactly what the teacher would talk about. The bell rang again, signaling the start of the day, and the teacher started the lesson.

I tried to pay attention. Key word, tried. But my mind kept wandering, trying to place a label on all of the emotions going through my brain. By the time the bell rang for the end of first period, I had only taken one page of notes, compared to my usual four or five per-lecture. I scoffed at my own incompetence and packed up to head to second, vowing in my head that I would pay closer attention.

...

I didn't pay closer attention. Thankfully, I was also well ahead in this class and didn't need the teacher telling it to me all over again. As I was packing up, I got slightly more excited. I had a little more pep in my step. Luz was in my next class, and I was excited to see her again.

As I walked into the English classroom, I saw Luz already sitting at the table. She was leaning back in her chair with her legs extended in front of her. She smiled when she saw me walk up to her.

"Hey there, señorita," Her smile gave me butterflies.

"Hello, Noceda," I sat down next to her, placing my bag on the ground and taking out my laptop to prepare for essay-writing.

"Well, aren't you eager," She chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. "At least I didn't get a C on my last paper," I quipped, and this made the girl next to me falter.

"Wh- how did you know that?"

"I saw it when he handed it back. I'm more observant than I look," I grinned, and it only made the Latina sink lower in her seat. It melted my heart and immediately dropped the snarky act. "Oh, I'm sorry, that was out of line."

"No no, it's okay," She smiled at me. "I started it, so it's really my fault."

"No, it's not okay. That was really rude of me," 

Before she could try and take the blame off of me again, the bell rang and Mr. K started to explain what we were working on today. He informed us that we would spend the entire period finalizing these essays, so there should be minimal talking. He also said that we would need to complete a peer review on these papers, and he would tell us after about 20 minutes of writing to switch with your table partner so they could proof read it and such. This particular paper was one that I'd struggled with more than normal. The topic was, "What is your favorite thing about the life you're living right now? Explain in great detail and provide examples." My life was a shit show, and to be honest, it still kind of is. I wrote my essay about the opportunity I get being a Blight.

I hated it. If I were to have written this paper when we got it assigned, I would have without a doubt written about Luz, although I probably would have kept her anonymous. But, since I'm always ahead, I wrote this essay like a week ago, before I even knew Luz existed. Unfortunately—but also kind of fortunately since Luz is my table partner—I had no time to write a new essay. I just worked on fixing minor errors that I spotted here and there until the twenty minutes were up, and it was time to switch.

"Alrighty then class!" Mr. K clapped his hands together. "Now is the time to peer edit and revise! Go ahead and exchange papers! You have the rest of class to do this, and if you don't finish, it's homework."

I turned to Luz. "Well, let's see what you got, Noceda,"

"I'd love to see how perfect your paper must be, Blight. Probably gonna make my work easy," She grinned and handed me her laptop as I handed her mine.

I rolled my eyes and began to read Luz's essay. It was beautifully written, I must say. She painted a picture with her words. Strung them together and made music. She poured emotion into each sentence. She talked about how she loved where she was living. How tragic it was when her mom died. How she didn't care anymore that her father left when she was a baby. How Eda so lovingly took her in. How King instantly felt like a brother to her. How she's feeling now. Every line had me hungry to read more. I figured the reason she got a C on her last paper was just because of grammatical errors, because besides the abundance of those, the content of her paper was stunning. Mine paled in comparison.

It made me feel almost jealous for a moment. The fact that someone could be so effortlessly better than me at something usually infuriated me. But when I looked over at Luz to see her immersed in my paper as well, all I felt was admiration. 

A few moments after I finished reading through her's, she turned to face me, ready to talk about our thoughts on each other's work.

"So? How was it?" I asked, a little bit nervous as to what she was thinking.

"I don't think I've ever seen such a grammatically perfect paper in my life," Luz chuckled and shook her head.

"That's a good thing though," I pointed out.

"Yes, it absolutely is," Luz paused for a moment and she seemed to be collecting her thoughts. "But... when it comes to content... you lose me."

"Yeah... I don't really like it that much," I shrugged and looked at my laptop sitting in front of Luz.

"Well, I didn't say it was bad. It's just not you," She observed. "I mean, I bet you'll get a 100 because objectively, it's a really good paper. But, since I know you on a deeper level than a teacher and a student, I know that this isn't a good representation of who you are,"

"Ah, so you know me on a deeper level?" I teased with a grin.

She blushed slightly and chuckled. "You know what I mean..."

"Yeah, I do. I had nothing good to write about a week ago when I started this, so I went with what made sense. And that's being a Blight," I shrugged.

"Do you think you would have done something different if you did it when it was assigned?" Luz asked with a raised brow and a smirk.

"Maybe maybe not," I smirked right back at her.

"I'll take that as a yes," She leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms over her chest. "Anyways, how shitty was mine?"

"Surprisingly, it was somewhat enjoyable," I scrolled through the paper again on her computer, looking for what I changed as I scanned it.

"Woah... approval from the top student. How gratifying," She held a hand over her heart and grinned that stupid cute little grin.

Wait... cute?! Now is not the time, Amity!

"However," I snapped my thoughts back to the paper. "Grammatically, it was worth a C."

Luz winced and dramatically placed both of her hands on her chest and slouched down in her chair. "Ouch, princesa. Brutal,"

"Do you want me to tell you why or do you just wanna keep up the theatrics?" I asked deadpanned.

"Sorry, sorry," Luz sat back up and put her full attention on me and her paper. It was refreshing that she could go back and forth so effortlessly between goofing off and putting her full attention into the work she does.

"So from what I can tell by this paper, you think that this is how you use a semi colon," I highlighted a sentence that I left unchanged for this exact purpose and paused for a moment to let her read it. "But, you need to have two independent clauses on either side."

"Oohhh..." Luz nodded slowly. "So it's not used like a comma?"

"No, but if that's what you're going for, you could use a dash," I suggested.

"Oh, okay," Luz reached out for her computer. "Lemme see that for a minute."

I handed it over and watched her begin to concentrate on her essay. She appeared to get really focused, and her tongue stuck out the side of her mouth a bit. It made me giggle, which caused the girl next to me to look up.

"What?" She cocked her head.

"Sorry, it's just that you got really concentrated and stuck your tongue out," I chuckled and grinned at her.

"Oh..." Her cheeks flushed red. "Sorry, that's really weird."

"No no," I shook my head. "It was kinda cute." I immediately froze.

Oh shit... why did I say that? What on earth would possess me to say something like that to Luz Noceda?

I heard her chuckle slightly and she turned her attention back to her screen. "You should've seen yourself working on your essay. That's cute concentration."

I felt my face heat up slightly, but I laughed it off, and joked about Luz needing to concentrate more on her paper, which she soon did. Not much longer after, we were both satisfied with the work we'd put in on our essays, and we were left with nothing to do for the rest of class—which had about 20 minutes left.

"What are we gonna do now, princesa?" Luz asked as she turned to face me. "I've never actually finished my work this early."

"Well, I usually just keep working ahead, but I doubt that's what you had in mind," I chuckled and watched her feign disgust.

"How dare you suggest such a thing?" She acted appalled, but I could tell it was just sarcasm. "Do work? In class? Ahead of time? Yeah that doesn't sound like something I would want to do."

"I figured," I leaned over to my backpack and pulled out a book, planning on reading instead, since I knew I wouldn't be able to focus that well with Luz sitting next to me.

"Ew what kind of book is called 'The Wealth of Nations'?" She asked.

"Well, you see, it's a book from the 1700s about this guy named Adam Smith's ideas on capitalism," I started to explain. "It's actually a lot more boring and hard to understand than you would think... but I'm already this far, so why stop now?"

"Because it sucks," Luz said flatly.

I burst out into (kind of but not really) quiet laughter. I began to see a few heads turn, so I stopped and regained my stone-cold bitch demeanor.

"Yeah? Well, I'm still gonna read it," I snapped. I immediately regretted it, but I had to show the other people in the class that I had gained the attention of that I was not  going soft on Luz.

"Woah, that was aggressive," Luz leaned back with a startled expression.

I sighed, and turned to type something at the bottom of my paper; a way of communicating to Luz without saying anything. When I lightly smacked her under the table and motioned towards my screen, she leaned forwards to read it.

I have to pretend I don't like sitting next to you or people will get suspicious.

I heard a small 'oohhh' escape her lips, and she sat back, and regained her "super tough" bad-boy persona. "Like I would care, asshole,"

I rolled my eyes and played along with it. "Whatever, Noceda. Just leave me alone," Then I pulled my phone out of my bag and started to check my email, since I had nothing better to do in class. I saw Luz pull her phone out of her pocket out of the corner of my eye. Soon after, I got a text.

Luz<3: was that convincing enough for you princesa?

I chuckled and responded.

Me: yes, thank you

Luz<3: now should i do the same thing in history?

Me: that would be preferred

Luz<3: whatever you say señorita

I closed messages and went back to doing random shit on my phone until the bell rang for the end of third period. Luz and I gathered our things and left separately. I wasn't ready to start giving my tutoring excuse to the rest of the school since we hadn't actually had a "tutoring session" yet. 

Once I arrived in the history classroom, Luz was already sitting at our small conjoined table with her notebook out and a pen in hand. We nodded at each other as I sat down and started to get myself ready to take notes on today's lecture.

The class started, and I tried my best to pay attention. Luz made it difficult. Whenever she got really focused on copying the important material down and listening to what the teacher had to say, she would do that thing where she stuck her tongue out. It was very distracting. 

Not because it was cute or anything. Nooo...

I don't like Luz that much... right?

Well, I lied. Sorry about that. I meant for this to be out much earlier, but school was rough this week and I didn't have the motivation to write after doing homework for 3+ hours a night... To make up for it, this is like 700 words longer than normal :)

But all that aside, I hope you enjoyed! Comments make my day so feel free to drop any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions! I was also thinking about doing a one shot book, so would any of you be interested in that?

Anyways, have a good day/night!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 4.7K 71
book 1 Luz Noceda gets into fights constantly in her home town. so her mother, Camila, sends her to live with a old friend of hers named Eda until he...
26.9K 628 20
This story will include- Panic attacks, mentions of rape, and murder, so if any of those things makes you uncomfortable or triggers anything in you...
119K 3.2K 23
When Luz returns to the Boiling Isles, her feelings towards her best friend, top student Amity Blight, haven't changed. But both are too afraid to co...
30.5K 413 9
(X-posted from AO3.) In which Luz and Amity struggle to find some much needed and wanted privacy. (I swear the story is better than the summary, but...