Unbreakable | Klaus Mikaelson

By -Maddyy-

ON HOLD ~ A world where there's two original hybrids roaming Mystic Falls ~ ~ A world where Klaus Mikaelson d... More

CAST
Brooklyn Wolfert
Damon Salvatore
Your Humanity
The Ball
Beacon Hills
Bardo
Werecoyote
Paralysed
Void Stiles
Hello, Brooke
Mystic Falls
Elijah Mikaelson
I Love You Too
The Dinner Party
The Last Dance
The Truth
The Sacrifice
Hybrids
Rippahhh
Rebekah Mikaelson
Mikael
Mikaelsons Reunited
Humanity-less Brooke
I'll Always Be Here
The Five
The Hunter's Curse
The Alpha
Darling
Brother's Death
Return From The Island
I love you
New Orleans
Aconite Flower
It's Okay To Care
The Plan
Bayou Clinic
The unlinking
Tyler?
Wolf Hunt
You Can Trust Us
Labonair
Devinette
You're Free
The Peace Treaty
Fête des Bénédictions
Bayou Attack
Moonlight Rings
Sacrifice My Daughter
Abandoned My Daughter
Alone
Stories
Ascendant
Brothers Reunited
Lorenzo
Crescent Birthmark
Author's Note
Bonfire
PLEASE READ!

The Harvest

322 7 0
By -Maddyy-

"Davina, Davina!" I heard Marcel call out in a panic.

I ran over to her room where she was vomiting dirt all over her bed. I stood in the doorway and felt Klaus show up behind me, clearly as shocked as I am as he hasn't moved either.

"Bloody hell." He exclaimed.

The whole compound began to shake, leaving Klaus to rush out of the room. I looked over to the cause of the chaos, being Davina who still looked like hell.

Once everything calmed down, I walked over to her, helped her lay back down and relax on her bed.

Marcel left the room just as Rebekah entered.

"Hey. What kind of game do you think you're playing? I said disrupt the household, not destroy the whole city." Rebekah questioned.

"Bex, it's not her fault." I defended her.

Davina looked at us with tears in her eyes. "I didn't do it. Not on purpose. I-I don't know what's wrong with me."

-

I stayed with Davina for the day, while everyone tried to figure out what was going on. I got updated midday and it was now time to tell Davina what's going on.

"According to Sophie Deveraux, as you self-destruct, you'll cycle through four stages that represent the four elements that bound together the harvest. The earth stage was first, the earthquake. Then comes wind, and since each stage is more intense than the last, let's just say you'll blow the roof off this place. Then it's water. Rain, flood. The last stage is fire, and since it's the last it will be by far the worst."

Davina was looking at me horrified and I sighed deeply, preparing myself for the next part.

"They want to complete the harvest."

"No!" She cried.

"The witches say you'll be resurrected." I explained quickly.

"They're liars!" She panicked. "They'll say anything to get what they want. Just like Marcel. Just like you!"

"Davina, you may think that I don't care about you, but you're wrong. I know what it's like to have your life stripped away from you because of other people's bad decisions. How do you think I became a vampire?"

She seemed to slightly calm down but not for long. I pulled out a syringe with a sedative but she immediately began to panic again.

"What-what is that?" She cried.

"Davina the power inside of you is slowly tearing you apart. The more upset you become, the faster you deteriorate. I compelled up some sedative."

"No, no, no!" She struggled under my grip.

"Davina, please. I'm not trying to hurt you, I'm trying to keep you alive."

"Stop!"

I grabbed her arm a little firmer but she began to panic even more. "No! Please! Nooo! Please!"

Extremely strong winds started to blow through the room. I even heard a few windows shatter downstairs. I quickly injected Davina with the sedative, causing her to fall unconscious shortly after. As soon as she did, the wind stopped.

Marcel came to check up on her but he didn't stay long upon hearing Klaus' and Elijah's conversation downstairs.

"We all agreed that Davina must be sacrificed. There's no need to let her blow the roof off our heads in the meantime." Klaus stated.

Marcel sped out of the room. "No way! You're not touching her!"

I ran out after Marcel and saw him jump over the railing, landing in front of Klaus. He immediately punched Klaus.

Klaus rubbed his face, clearly annoyed. "Okay, I'll let you have that one."

Elijah held Marcel back before he could land another punch. "Marcel, no one wishes to see Davina come to harm less than I, but there is no scenario here in which we simply wait this out. She's going to die."

Marcel shoved Elijah's hand off of himself. "According to Sophie, the witch who screwed over everybody here."

"The Harvest was working before it was stopped. If a nonbeliever like Sophie Deveraux can come to have faith that these girls will be resurrected, then I, also am a believer." Elijah negotiated.

"I save Davina from the Harvest, and now you want me to just hand her over?"

"Do you think that I'm happy about this?" Klaus spoke up. "If the witches complete the Harvest, not only do they regain their power, we lose our weapon against them. The earthquake I was willing to chalk up to hideous coincidence, but these winds? If Davina is not sacrificed, then every inch of earth that shook, everything blowing about now will soon be drenched in water and consumed by fire."

"Oh! Now you care about the city." Marcel exclaimed.

"We ought to. We built it." Elijah chimed in.

"And we all saw it burnt to he ground twice. I will not let that happen again. Do I make myself clear?" Klaus added.

"Yeah, yeah." Marcel stormed out, so I finally headed down the stairs to join the two brothers.

Elijah crossed his arms. "Not a people person, are you, Niklaus?"

Klaus looked over to me and smiled. "Nonsense. I love people."

I returned the smile and stood by Klaus' side.

Elijah raised an eyebrow, eyeing us both suspiciously. I forgot nobody still told him about us and for some reason he still hasn't realised himself.

"Well, soon Sophie Deveraux shall be consecrating Celeste's remains, and though her actions are reprehensible, still I should pay my respects." Elijah stated.

"Who's Celeste?" I inquired.

"Elijah's ex lover." Klaus informed me.

I opened my mouth and silently said 'oh', giving Elijah a comforting look to which he replied with an appreciative smile.

Just as Elijah was leaving, Hayley showed up. "Hey do you have a minute?" She asked Elijah.

Without even paying her a second of his attention he replied coldly. "Just on my way out."

"Which one of us is the people person again?" Klaus shouted after him.

I looked between Elijah and Hayley and finally realised why she was here in the first place. Something was going on between them. My guess would be that they found each other out in the Bayou when Nik bit Elijah.

-

I found Hayley in the courtyard, packing up canned food into cardboard boxes. I also noticed that she was trying her best to muffle the sound of her sobbing.

I walked over to her and began to do the same as her, grabbing the canned food and placing it in the boxes.

She wiped her eyes and looked over at me. "What are you doing?"

"Taking these to the Bayou with you. What does it look like I'm doing?"

Klaus walked into the room and glared straight at me. "This is not the night to be out there-"

"For anyone. But some people don't have a choice." Hayley interrupted him.

I raised my eyebrows at Nik, clearly showing that I'm with Hayley on this one.

"Right." He walked over and grabbed one of the boxes. "Grab that lot and come with me."

We looked at each other confused but did as told.

He led us all the way over to St. Anne's church where we found Father Kieran talking with someone and handing out food. However, as soon as he saw us he hurried over.

"We still haven't gone through all that you've already provided, Klaus."

Klaus smiled and looked at Hayley and me. "Well, this newest bit isn't from me."

Father Kieran looked over to the both of us. "Oh? That's very kind of you...?"

"Brooke." I smiled.

"Hayley. And these people are?"

"I asked Father Kieran to give them shelter. He suffers from an incessant desire to do good." Klaus explained before diverting his attention to him. "But now, I need you to be useful. Marcel and Davina have disappeared. I assumed from the stupefied look on your face they haven't sought refuge in your attic."

My eyes widened. "Of course he kidnapped her."

Father Kieran shook his head. "No. Those days are gone."

"Then energize your resources. I don't need to remind you how important it is they be found."

"Yes." And with that, Father Kieran left.

I looked around and noticed something special about all the people in the room. "These people, they're werewolves."

"And the priest said that you donated the food. You're helping them?" Hayley looked at Klaus in disbelief.

Klaus looked at Hayley. "They're not your werewolves. They're my clan. From very far back. They've fallen upon hard times, and their plight has brought out the philanthropist in me. What can I say? Must be Elijah's influence?"

"The North East Atlantic pack. Your fathers pack." I stated in shock.

Hayley looked at both of us in complete confusion, trying to comprehend what we're saying. "This family gets more complicated by the second."

Klaus and I began to leave when he stopped and turned around to look at Hayley. "Oh and Hayley, word of advice when dealing with Elijah? Don't do as I do. Just apologize. He's accomplished in many things, but he is a master of forgiveness."

I grabbed his hand as we walked out of the church. I looked up at him and smiled. "Niklaus Mikaelson. That was a really nice thing to say."

Klaus rolled his eyes and continued to walk out of the church with me, hand in hand.

-

Klaus, Rebekah and I sat in the Mikaelson compound while Elijah explained that they were going to use Celeste's bones to complete the harvest. However, it turns out that her bones were already consecrated and therefore they wanted to use Esther's instead.

Rebekah rolled her eyes. "It's taken one thousand years, but you've finally gone mad. Our own mother?"

"Yes, our beloved mother who Niklaus has affectionately placed in a coffin in his basement - not daggered, but quite dead." Elijah confirmed.

"Well, she did try to kill us all." Klaus defended himself.

"Well, I say we put her to use and put her to rest once and for all. Now if we bury our mother on land owned by one of her descendants, she becomes a New Orleans witch, and we, as her family, share in that ancestral magic."

"We're vampires, Elijah. We can't practice magic. Or own property, for that matter." Rebekah argued.

"Yes. With regard to practicing magic, that's where Sophie Deveraux comes in. After we bury our mother, we can channel all her power to Sophie. Only hitch is, as conduits of Esther's magic, we need to participate in the Harvest. And as for owning property, not all of our mother's descendants are dead."

"The baby." I thought out loud. Loud enough the others could hear.

"The baby." Elijah confirmed and handed Klaus a form to read. "The parish Tax Assessor's office is just steps outside of the Quarter. Brooke now hold the title to the plantation. So, if we bury our mother there, and we consecrate those grounds, we can finish the Harvest ritual."

I furrowed my brows. "But I'm still a vampire so how is it possible? I'm still dead."

"Indeed. But because you're carrying a living baby, it doesn't quite work the same. You're not quite dead as you believe. As we all know, this baby is a miracle and surprisingly it is actually keeping Brooke more on the living side rather than dead."

This was all confusing to us but we chose to believe Elijah.

Klaus and I looked at each other to make sure we're both good with this. I nodded in reassurance that I'm okay to go ahead with this plan.

Klaus turned back around to his brother. "You're a bit of a mad genius, Elijah. Count me in."

Rebekah stared at all of us in disbelief. "Am I the only one thinking? Our mother was the most powerful witch in history. If we bury her, we hand that power to our enemies to use against us."

"Given our circumstances, I hardly see we have a choice, Rebekah." Elijah stated.

Rebekah sighed in frustration. "I don't know why I bother. You will just do what you want anyway."

Eliijah shook his head. "No. Our decision must be unanimous."

"This is not a democracy." Klaus scoffed.

"You're quite right. This is family." Elijah stopped talking as we all heard the sound of a powerful rain storm pouring down the on the house. "Water. The next sign's begun. Rebekah?"

She sighed. "Kill a demon today, face the devil tomorrow. Count me in."

Klaus smirked. "Well, this is no family reunion without our mother. I'll fetch her."

-

Klaus, Elijah, Sophie, Father Kieran and I dug up a grave for Esther in the backyard of the plantation house. We were now just waiting for Rebekah to bring Davina. Klaus and I were standing under one umbrella, trying to hide ourselves from the rain. Thankfully it wasn't long until Rebekah came, joining Elijah under his umbrella.

"Did you find them? Will he bring her?" Klaus asked.

"He'll bring her." Rebekah replied solemnly.

We all turned to look at Father Kieran. "Are you ready to do this?" He asked.

Klaus scanned the three of us under umbrellas. "Always and forever."

He took a dagger and slices his palm open, dripping the blood over Esther's grave. He then handed it to Rebekah and Elijah who did the same before it finally landed back to me. I took the dagger and did the exact same thing, standing in for mine and Klaus' baby. I handed the dagger back to Father Kieran and he threw it into the grave as well.

"It's done."

-

We went over to the Lafayette Cemetery where we joined Sophie and waited for Marcel and Davina to arrive and complete the Harvest.

Suddenly, flames started to erupt near the entrance of the cemetery.

"Fire." Sophie noted.

After a moment, Marcel appeared with Davina in his arms. As he walked towards us, flames followed them in a trail right behind Marcel's feet. Marcel set Davina down at the altar.

Sophie held the ceremonial athame over the flames before she headed to Davina. "Do you believe in the harvest?"

Davina nodded. "I believe."

Sophie raised the blade and slit Davina's throat. She gasped in shock and grabbed at her throat before falling back. I looked away from the innocent, young girl whom I held so much sympathy for.

It wasn't long until the rain stopped. I looked back over at the girl in Marcel's arms who now had her skin glowing gold as the magic left her body.Davina was then placed next to the other sacrificed witches.

"After the Harvest comes the Reaping. The sacrifices made and accepted. We call upon our Elders to resurrect the chosen ones." Sophie began.

We waited for a few seconds waiting for anything to happen, but nothing did.

Therefore, Sophie began again. "We call upon our Elders to resurrect the chosen ones..."

Once again nothing happened and Sophie began to get frustrated. "Resurrect your chosen ones!"

Sophie now had tears forming in her eyes. "Please? I beg..."

We all looked down in disappointment when we realised nothing was going to happen. Sophie fell to her knees and began to sob.

I noticed Rebekah and I start to cry to. I felt so defeated myself. We made Davina believe she can trust us, that we would protect her. And now she's dead.

Marcel sped away from the cemetery and shortly after I felt Klaus' hand slip away from mine as he sped after him. I didn't even realise until now that I was holding onto Klaus.

-

I returned to the compound and found Klaus sipping on some bourbon while sitting on the couch. I sat down beside him with my tear stained cheeks and snuggled into his side as he wrapped his arm around me.

"This whole thing was doomed from the start. Yes, we saved the city, and I'm not complaining about the witches losing their power but this did not go down the way I thought it would." Klaus confessed.

I sighed. "I knew Elijah's plan was mad, but I really thought it would work."

I felt Klaus' hold on me slightly tighten. "So did I. I was sure Davina would survive. There was so much life in her."

We sat in silence for a while before I finally asked the unavoidable question we didn't have answers for. "What about the power? Four were supposed to rise, and none did. Where did all that power go?"

-

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 347 23
Mystic Falls had a history that Amity Romero was unaware of in her move back to the small town. Being convinced for years by her cousin, Caroline, to...
64.6K 1.2K 56
(EDITING) 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Kol Mikaelson finds out his soulmate is dating Damon Salvatore alternative universe [ kol mikaelson x fem oc ] highest rank...
15K 634 11
in which zacharias "zachary" mikaelson is dragged back to mystic falls only to find that his long lost crush is alive and in love with the new petrov...
424K 8K 41
[ʙᴏᴏᴋ 𝟷] [ᴇᴅɪᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss; ᴄᴀɴ sᴛɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴀᴅ] Fourteen year old Emma is the youngest of the Gilbert Family who was sent to live with their Uncle J...