Familiar Tales, New Adventures

By mewterra1316

"Hey kid, are you ok? Whats with your hands?" ~~~~~~~~~ "What wrong peasant, never seen a demon before? Actua... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Quick Question
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Small A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Very Small Q&A
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Hmmm....
Chapter 9
A/N
Chapter 10
A/N
A/N and Update
How Can I Get You To Accept My Apology?
Chapter 11.5
my head cannons and Q/A
Tiny Request From My Darling Readers
Happy New Years!
A Little Extra Something
You All Are Gonna Make Me Cry!
Q&A and Reveals!
Good News, Bad News
Chapter 12
Um...hi?

Chapter 11.5/2

3.4K 90 131
By mewterra1316

Waking up, feeling more drained than ever, I noticed I'm in a whole different space. I was in a lavish bed with canopy and delicate curtains pulled back. The bed was a soft blue and had an array of pillows piled up behind my head. The room very spacious too, it had a large room to move around in, a desk on one side, a table with a tv and game set connected to it, a sitting area right by it with a coffee table placed in front of it, a long table placed against the wall under the large windows. 2 sets of double doors were on the far one and the opposite wall where I was. Looking to my left, I noticed a pair of double doors there too.

 Looking down at my outfit, I sighed in relief to be out of those clothes, however I was changed from outfit to another.

This one seemed to be a tai chi outfit. I know that was the many random facts I picked up from spending so much time here. Sliding on the shite shoes that were at the foot of the bed, I took my chance to figure out which one was the door way and where I was.

This place is huge! And fully furnished and looked so expensive and highly detailed; not a flower out of place. Making my way to the window, I noticed I'm several floors up high. My best bet was to find the stairs and get out of here. I don't know I'm at and at this point, that scares me more than anything.

"For all I know, this could be mine and Red Son's honeymoon spot. And I'm not looking forward to seeing him give me a show." I mumbled to myself. I got hit with a wave of realization; I patted myself down to find out I don't have my stuff!

Turning around, ready to dash back to he room I was in, I nearly crashed at the sudden person leaning on the wall with his arms crossed. "Where are you running off to?" asked the Monkey King, smirking cool like in my directions.

"Back to get my stuff," I said, a little slowly, cautious if this was really him. "Hey, silly question but where are we?" I asked.

"You-- you don't remember. Right, you probably were in a different wing and never got the chance to show you this side of my home. Probably getting it refurbished and renovated and all." He nervously answered, a little sweaty.

Nodding along, pretending to agree. "Right, that must be it," I said, trying to keep my cool. "Well, what happened to my stuff? And follow up, where are my clothes?" I asked, watching as he leans off the wall and starts walking closer to me, giving me a half lidded stare.

"Well, I have no idea where your actual clothes are, and what you had from Red Son, it just didn't seem to suit you. So, I had some monkey's change you and put you comfortably in the bed. Now, let's not worry about that. You don't need your things, at least not now. Come on, there's something I wanna show you and ask of you." He places his arm around me and he starts to guide me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He lead me out of that part of what looks to be a mansion. He lead me to a set of thrones in court yard area, surveying his monkey's doing other things between them. Sitting down on one side, he patted the chair beside him, silently telling me to sit. Cautiously, I sat down. Slowly, the monkey's began to notice us there and began to gather together.

"What's going on?" I whispered to him, watching as more and more monkeys come from nowhere and appear into a larger gathering.

"I'm waiting for them to show before I make my announcement." He said back before standing and taking 2 steps forward, "My sons and daughters, today has finally marked the day as I promised you some time ago. (f/n), from the moment we first met to now, every shared moment has buzzed in my head and just the thought of you or you being here by my side has my heart beating like mad. What I'm trying to say is I love you and I can't see anybody else stand by my side as my queen. Will you do me the honor and become my queen?" Wukong proposed, going down on one knee and bending his head down. The monkeys proceeded to do the full bow down as well.

A drop of a needle could be heard. I couldn't breathe. I felt just as dizzy and confused as the others. "No." I finally spoke.

"W--what? Why? I thought you love me?" He asked, standing back up. I felt a shift in the air. I need to leave, now! 

"I can't because this isn't my home. You know that. All of my friends know that. Wukong, I think it's best if I get my stuff and go home." my tone was even and flat, no room for discussion or arguing.

I walked away, going back in from whence I came, only to hear fast footsteps behind me. "Is there someone else? Who is it that you love?! You...you have all these people who are throwing themselves at you and you won't give any of them a chance! Are you mad, woman?" Wukong's voice changed! It had an Australian accent to it at the end of his sentence! Gasping, I pulled my hand away and stepped back.

Realizing what happened, he cleared his throat, "I mean, you know that some of us like you. Why don't you give love a chance? It's not like it will hurt you to open your heart y'know." He tried to reel back the situation that he already had come undone.

Not saying a word, I still ran back in before I could be stopped again. Somehow finding my stuff, a monkey was carrying it somewhere but I snatched it as I ran by. I wasn't sure where the exit was so the closest window I found, I jumped through it and landed on the ground. I was still on the first floor so I didn't drop too far.

Hurrying to the front, I rummaged through my bag for something that could help until I found a folded sheet of paper that was a bit bent up. Opening it, I looked at it, examining it's content. "I--I remember this." I murmured, looking at my sketch of my future. Before I could open it, I felt another shake; the earthquake- like experience was already vey scary, worse when you're in a cave! And...things seemed to clip out before going back to normal again? Now knowing that there was another unusual phenomenon going on, I went back to the folded paper. In the hand sketched picture, It was a stall you would see in the market. The stall had random trinkets and items on display, and a string of lanterns lit up above it.

On the table had jewelry and gems for sale. Including an orb with one of my powers on it! But wait, then how? What happened? I was searching-- I let out a gasp; I was searching for it last night, but what happened after that?

I closed my eyes and use the noise of the water fall to help me as a background noise as I clear up my foggy memories from the previous night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has felt this and almost at a loss of what to do. Not the power thing; in a world like this, probably a good 1/16 knows that feeling. The one where you want to clear your head and do your usual thing, only for it to not help in any way and sort of frustrates you more. I'm right there. Music is my main way of relaxing, mix it with running or a cruise on the road and I would slowly melt away some of my worries and issues; think clearer and focus the core problem and get things going right again. But it's not working now. Then again, I'm not out to just clear my head.

I let out a huffed up sigh before continuing on from the red light. Going straight and watching the sunset shaded sky slowly going from the beautiful shades of orange, yellow and pink to a soft but dark blue and the very faint glow of stars appearing. I don't know where I'm going and while that isn't a problem since my scooter can fly and I can find my way back by a few landmarks, I haven't flown since I got back. I spoke about what happened to the gang one time and once more to Monkey King and avoided it ever since. The look of pity on their faces hurt. It's not like I'm dying but that also means I won't be able to unlock what those powers were and use them to get home.

Realizing how far I was from the city and the long ride back to the noodle shop, I can only imagine where those orbs even went. Almost like how the dragon balls get shot all over the planet after the wishes are made. But I hope my powers lay dormant just as well. Making a left turn, I decided to park my scooter in a free spot, placing some coins into the parking meter. I slid my helmet in my backpack before walking off for a bit. Putting in a headphone, I started to listen the first thing that came on.

I enjoy the night life. Seeing the city lit up in both lanterns and lights. The smell of the vendors and soft sound of the crowd going and talking as they go about their own business. Mix with the music, it was soothing. I kept my bag close as I checked out for anything interesting. You never know who may be selling what. Including a special orb.

Pulling out a folded piece with a few sheets together, I opened it and flipped through it. "Aha." I mumbled as I found my artwork. I woke up with my hand cramping and a pencil in my hand. I saw why; a detailed sketch of my orb in a stand out in a night market.

I still have my seer powers and instead of meditating it out, I draw it out. Like how I build my creations instead of creating out of nothing. It's helpful, I guess. Don't know how to make it work and what it me being me or me using my power. But for now I need to find a jewelry and fabric booth. In the back right of their booth on a small shelf, my orb is next to a fake head decorated in multiple pieces.

So that's what I been doing, searching for that same booth. Unfortunately, I've no idea of any colors since it was all done in regular lead pencil. I'm now keeping a multicolor pen and a small case of 24 different color pencils on me. Honestly, I'm getting a little disheartened but it's my third night searching. Judging by the faint drawn lanterns and shading, it was lit and the best time to have lit anything is darker areas or night time.

Being waved over and double checking some booths or stopping to ask if anyone know where this booth is and being sent in circles is almost the norm each go around. I also looked incase I saw a different orb too. Any I found was a false alarm. Touching them, I felt something; a connection or another piece of me coming together.

It's not like I feel hollow or empty but I feel a lot more...I don't know actually. But I feel it when the seer power came back and feels right? Good? More whole? Something, any of it; pick your choice. It's kinda interesting to play an extreme Easter egg hunt, but the power can still be taken by someone else if they knew how and I don't want that to happen so it's a big time crunch and each day is a day loss of me getting them back and another someone absorbing it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Munching on a fresh skewered chicken and sipping on some juice is the best thing right now. Morale is low, hunger is up, satisfaction is rising with each bite. It's now midnight and I been through the market...3 times thanks to a few circles of misleads. So dinner time, take the long way back and see anything else just in case to my scooter and head back for the night.

This is how it keeps going; hoping that some scattered on the mountain the city was built on. But I had that voice in the back of my head telling me I'm wrong. I wanna ignore it and pretend I don't hear it but it's just keep getting harder the passing hour. It's proven with the passing nights and no results.

Finishing my last bite, I pitched the stick as I kept walking back, taking small sips of my drink. Glancing at the people trying to bargain or talking about their days or how they obtain their items of sale. Even though it's a bust, the air and ambience was still enjoyable. There were some nice merchandise but nothing I feel worth spending.

It's not like I have somewhere to keep it. My space is limited but better than none. And while the idea of sharing space with the others is kind of them, I don't think it would be best of me to do. With Wukong, after him saving me and bringing me to his home in his arms as we soared through the sky; that is something I would read out of a fantasy/romance novel. Stopping at a wooden trinket shop, I looked at a wooden monkey king statue. While I'm a forever fan of the legend and hero himself; I feel that it wouldn't work out. I'm mortal and a different kind of human. Not one for this world nor his.

I looked next to a different statue, a monkey one with a smaller one next to it in the same pose of rest on all 3 limbs, while one hand scratched their chest. The smaller monkey; MK. While I'm more aware of his feelings and we had gotten closer and had each other's back this entire time, after the clone incident, we had a little rocky relationship that we are slowly rekindling. He is so lively and thinks about the people close to him already. We seem more alike, both mortal with special powers and a greater than life, destiny! We are learning our way each day and have our own trials ahead of us both. But he can be dense, even with other's feelings. And he seems to have a serious confident issue too.

I was about to leave the booth until a pair of horns stopped me from looking away. They were on a bull's head and the body in a pose that demands confidence and respect by all; just like a certain demon. Red Son reminds me of a tsundere but at the same time, doesn't. Like he has a snobbish personality, thinking we are all beneath him and a total complex. But after the meals and time together playing; hell, after the kidnapping and when he had the chance to take me capture me and send me to his parents on a silver platter and take my powers right then and there. Instead, he kissed me and stepped back from both his parents and me. He needs someone who could help him but he is after his parents approval more. And I'm useless in their eyes unless they were to take my powers away.

Shaking my head, I walked away. I don't think I can handle a relationship, especially from the guys here. Guys here are a lot more complicated in a whole new way than the ones back home. Passing by a group of kids running together with their parents following after, I smiled at how carefree everyone is. Taking another step back and turned back to where I was going, I nearly ran into someone.

Taking a step back, I notice a guy with tanned skin with golden hair pulled back in a messy bun, a black hoodie with the sleeves torn off. His black pants were back and basic dark boots. On his arms were some bags and in his hands were some boxes. "Oops, sorry! I didn't see you for a second there." I said, stepping out of his way.

"Yer good, I didn't see you myself. Been busy bargain hunting. But it's definitely late now, you should get going missy. Don't want some pick pocketers to target you next. Same with demons." He warns.

I nodded in agreement. "Right, I'll keep it in mind, have a good night." I tell him as I walked away.

"Ah, wait! Maybe I can walk you home or to your ride, or something." He offers, following me and falling in step with me. I looked at him for a moment and stopped.

"No. Thank you though. My ride is right there and I don't want you to back track your way through." I said, shaking my head again.

"I haven't been that way yet. Plus I wanna make sure you stay safe." He said, shrugging, as if what he is carrying isn't heavy at all. Nodding, keeping a cautious distance, he started to tell me a bit of things he got and found between him and his brother, who split up from him to go on his own and eventually meet back later with. 

Noticing my scooter, I looked at him, now relieved I was about to leave him. He feels, off; not in a rude way but I rather be safe than sorry. "There's my ride, good luck finding your brother and enjoying your shopping." I said, waving to him.

"Ah, wait, before ya go; mind telling me yer name, missy?" He asked, looking at me expectedly.

"It's (f/n). What's yours?" I asked in return.

"The names Jin, don't you forget it now."

"Jin. It was nice meeting you; hope to see you again someday."

"Oh, don't worry you will. Ain't that right, Yin?" He asked, glancing behind you.

"Got that right, brother. Oi, (f/n), was it?" said a voice behind me. Whipping around, I faced someone who looked exactly like Jin; the only exception is his skin was paler and his hair had a silvery tone to it instead. He was also holding something in his hand but on the farther side from the market, so the lights casted a shadow on him, hiding what he had.

"Yeah; and I have-- WHOA!!!" before I could make a quip, or even pull out my fans, ready for a possible battle, the item started to glow and sucked me into what felt like a black hole before I lost my conscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(f/n)! Come on, wake up already!" I was suddenly stirred out of my flashback. There stood MK and the Monkey King. Shaking my head, I listened to the two.

"Told ya, bud. She might be feeling well. She needs to stay here, give her time to rest." Suggested Monkey King, crossing his arms.

"If that's true, I should take her back to her home where she is more comfortable at. Plus, has us in case she needed anything." retorted MK.

Both faced me. "What's your choice?" They asked in sync. 

Having an understanding what vaguely is going on; I had keep up a charade now. "Go back to my apartment." I replied. "It isn't my home; it was manifested.

"Alright! Then let's get going, I got your scooter here and everything!" MK told me, excitedly. He went on and on about how he will take good care of me and make sure I'll be comfortable when I get there. 

Giving a goodbye to Wukong, I let MK steer since I have no idea how much detail or anything that is and isn't true. I just need the right moment and go. 

Wrapping my arms around his waist, I closed my eyes and slowly began to block him out. Taking slow breaths, I felt myself relax as the wind past through us. It slowly went dark; before a soft glow made it in the small gap between each eye lid. Opening them, it looked to be a mix between 2D and 3D of the night market!

Widening my eyes, I realized I was right where I was captured by the twins! Turning around only to see the place was like a ghost town; no one was around but everything was still lit, cooking and all out on display!

Almost like I was gliding, I was being lead through the maze; twists and turns were being made as I was lead to wherever it was. Eventually I stopped in what felt like eerier part of the market. The one where it feels like it was more demonic than human sort of fashion. Like majority was was a blend of human and demons in disguise but there were some parts that were more so human as well as demons.

And it was definitely a demon's territory. Eventually I stopped; looking around, I did a double take (nearly giving myself whiplash) seeing the exact booth from my drawing! Looking directly at the orange orb, watching as it almost glows as much as the lit lanterns surrounding it. Just as I was about to step forward, I feel myself being pulled back. Doing my best to memorize what I could of the maze through, once I reached the very spot I started, my entire vision went white.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MK was calling my name and lightly shaking me; trying to wake me out of my stupor or trance I was in. "Are you awake? We're back again." He said, now noticing I was back from la-la land.

"Huh? O-oh, right. Thanks." I climbed off, having to do a slightly awkward walk due to my legs falling asleep. Just as my left leg was at least starting to wake up, I was scooped up into a pair of arms.

"You looked like you were gonna fall over any minute; let me carry you in." He offered, already walking into the building. I would have jumped out of his arms immediately, especially knowing it isn't him now, but I can't...I don't have any feeling in my left foot's toes.

I can sorta move that foot side to side but nothing more than that. Whatever this place is, it's going to kill me if I don't hurry! Eventually we made it back to 'my' apartment. I had to distract MK until I get out and to the market again. Maybe that orb's power could help with what's going on. He placed me on the couch before sliding my shoes on for me. "I'm glad you wanted to come back here with me," He started. 

I felt nervous where this fake MK maybe going with this conversation. I don't need it lead to--wait. Yes! Lead it somewhere! I had to keep my features cooled as I had to also swallow my dignity. "I'm glad too. I mean, I've known you the longest and you had my back before anyone else did. Plus, I've always enjoyed our times together. From work to binging movies in your room; spending any time with you always gave me a warm feeling from my heart." I spewed out, trying to give off a bashful persona right now.

Gotta act like I'm admitting my feelings for MK; then if I can only get him to lean for the kiss...

"Yeah; I know what feeling you're talking about. I get that every time you're on my mind and my heart beats so fast when I'm with you. I always wanted to tell you something, ever since our first battle... "Mk said quietly, slowly leaning forward, "(f/n)... I lo--" 

"You stink, MK." I cut him off, placing my hand over my nose and mouth while cringing, more over what he was about to say than the nonexistent smell, "Mind if you go shower real quick? "I asked him.

Looking surprised, he quickly nodded and was gone in a snap. Hurrying my shoes on, I grabbed my keys and went out the door in a heartbeat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I flew over; it was both faster and easier. Especially with my circumstances. I can't feel my entire leg and my right arm is feeling heavier along with the tips of my pinky starting to lose feeling. Like standing out in the cold and frigid air with no gloves. The pin pricks stung but my anxiety over getting caught is what kept me going.

I landed the scooter in the entry way I was captured at. There was a large crowd, blocking the area; making it hard to look through, let alone try and squirm in. Good thing I don't care right now. Gripping my breaks, I revved my engine and took in a deep breath before letting go and started to pull what I would call, a Mei, and ran over whoever was in the way.

I guess they finally caught on because heads turned my way all at once and they all seemed to have the hivemind-set to stop me! Many tried to grab me or the scooter for me to narrowly dodge or kick off. The turns was difficult before I eventually made from people to solid, flat ground again.

Sighing, I kicked to next gear with the turns. I heard a faint rev before a sudden green streak just zoomed past me and stopped in my way, blocking it altogether. Mei's helmet zapped off. "What's going on (f/n)? Why are you driving like you lost our mind in the market? I think we should just head back; maybe go play some Monkey Mech! Or you know, uh, go watch some dramas...that is what we like to do, right?" She asked, sweating nervously and looking a little unsure right now.

"See; I wouldn't mind...if you were my right friend of course. I know that this world and all of you are fake. I'm getting out of here and you can't stop me." I said, gripping my handles tightly; only with 3 fingers on my right hand as 2 of them just stuck out lazily.

Before she could get a retort, I zoomed past her and went over her head before harshly landed, nearly losing my grip before I hurried through. Along the way I saw Tang and Pigsy; immediately tossed my clacker, tying them together in a mess. I barely had the time to avoid the giant blue hand that nearly scooped me up but managed to past by, by the skin of my teeth! I felt his touch on my side and back as I pasted Sandy!

"There!" I said to myself, finally seeing at the end of aisle, facing me was the booth and the orange sphere glowing. My grin morphed into a frown at who was in my way. Monkey King with arms crossed, on his cloud, MK, staff out in my direction, in his signature fighting pose and Red Son far back, more closer to the booth than the other two, fire balls in both hands.

"Give it up (f/n). It would be a lot easier on us all if you did." said the Monkey King.

"I'm not dead yet; so I'll never give up!" I yelled, mentally planning on how to face them.

"If you keep fighting it, the harder it will be. We want to give you a chance to enjoy the once in a life time chance to be with anyone you want. You don't have to throw it away. Stay and you will be lavished and loved." persuaded MK.

My heat was beating loud and fast. I feel like there was a timer of my very soul. There possibly is if I feel like this. "Come now darling. It's about time to stop. Pick wherever you wish to go and I can promise you that we ca--" I threw both my fans simultaneously at Monkey as a distraction while I ran over MK and before Red Son could finish, I jumped off and with whatever strength I had from my adrenaline, I spun on my good foot, swinging around the scooter and released it once it made head and body collision. 

Being a few meters away, I pushed myself forward. Attempting to run, I realized my left foot completely lost all feeling and I had to try to run with a limp and feel my ankle tried to twist around. I nearly collapsed onto the counter before I rolled myself over it, and onto the pointy and sharp corned of the random jewelry that dug into my skin! It felt like doing a tumble roll over legos!

Falling onto all hands and knees, I looked up and saw it just 3 shelves up. Shoving myself off the ground, I placed my right hand on the edge and began to reach for it. Not even reaching my shoulder, I was tackled down into a dog pile. In shock, I gripped the shelf and from the force, I felt both my arm being dislocated and the shelf coming down on top of us all!

Random items rained on top of all four of us. Getting the wind knocked out of me and a sudden shower of random metal trinkets and having pressure placed on my new hurt shoulder and arm was completely unimaginable pain to put it in the least amount of words. Trying to look up, I see the orb just bounce off from one of them and roll right in front of me, about 3 or so feet away!

Yanking my arm from the stupor dog pile, I forced my good arm to reach out; barely out of reach. As I try to reach further, I see a yellow cladded arm on mine, trying to hold me back from getting it. "Oh no you don't girlie; I'm so sick of this stupid game o' tag! This time you're finally caught!" Exclaimed MK with a whole new voice; it had a heavy Australian accent.

"Finally! Now we also know where to find those magic powers too!" Said another voice from, what I'm assuming is Monkey, as I see a tail wrap around the  orb and brings it closer. As it comes back, I moved my arm that was being held by the MK up high enough and snatched the tail to bring it down and immediately chomped as hard as I could on it! "Yowch!" I screamed  the fake Monkey King, letting the tail finch from the pain, dropping the orb in front of me! 

Quickly letting go of the tail, I sucked in a breath, closed my eyes, leaned my head back as far as I could and slammed it down on the orb! I felt the orb shatter and explosion of pain released on my forehead, and yet, no shards pierced me. Everything went black and a void like space.

It last for a moment or two before I feel like I'm being pulled forcefully somewhere. I see a sudden light above and it got bigger and brighter the closer I got before I feel like I was freed from a cramped space! Feeling solid ground as I landed on my back; groaning to the additional pain and the sudden shot of pain that went through my separate socket. "Shit...where...where am I-" I stopped, seeing on the stage before me was a blue and a orange demon.

Realization hit me after a moment to process LITERALLY EVERYTHING; "YOU TWO! YOU WERE THE ONES TO HAVE TRAPPED ME IN THAT ILLSUION!"I accused, standing up and pointing in their direction.

They looked at one another for a moment before dramatically turning their gazes back at me, "Correct missy," Said the blue demon, before his brother picked up the next line, "Now, coward in fear as you are in the presence of.." the orange demon paused before they did an unusual stance and announced,

"Jin," the gold Demon said,

"Yin," the silver said next.

"The Gold and Silver Demon!" 

The blue one broke his posed and shoved his golden counterpart, "I thought we talked about it, and agreed it goes the other way!" He complains before they started a little squabble. I left them be only to notice my bag on the floor and took out my fans and connected the controllers and  the extended the blades before jumping on the stage and held the fan between their faces, inches away.

"I don't care who you two are. What I do care about is what you tried to do to me and how fast it will take to mop the floor with you both." I threatened, waiting for my answers. Seeing them both sweat, they backed away from me a foot or two with their hands up in a sign of surrendering. 

"We're sorry; we were told that we could take your power from you using the prototype we were given to us!" Jin exclaimed.

"We were told that if we kept you in it long enough, your power would have been completely drained and you wouldn't have noticed!" Yin followed up.

"You listened to some shady dude about a device you didn't know that worked?! Not only that, I barely have an of my powers now! What would have happened if it took what little I had? Why was I losing feeling through my body?" I yelled, my anger now boiling, flinching my weapon closer.

They gulped at the sight but looked a mix between dumbfounded and surprised. "Wait, you don't?" asked Yin, not realizing the up to date news about me.

"We don't really know who it was exactly; he stayed in the shadow. He did mention one thing aside how it worked." Jin brought up. Yin and I looked at him as he continued. "It was something along the lines of about soul being sucked out if you were just any regular person or were powerless, maybe. But it probably had those kinks to work out regardless since it was a prototype." 

"And you both thought, that it was ok to use it with the knowledge that I could have died?!" I screamed. "You kidnapped me, trapped me, forced in me in a confusing situation with people who I originally thought were my friends, caused me physical damage, and nearly killed me by attempting to take my only power; the one of several that would help me, help me leave and go back home?!" I ranted, getting mad with each reason. My anger was burning worse than the pain my arm as the demons coward in fear.

"Uh...yes?" Yin questionably answered in a sheepish manner. That was it. I pulled my arm and tried to swipe at them. They narrowly avoided my attacks and it yelped at my fans as they flew by them. Just as I was about to bring my fans in their direction, the best I could with one very bad arm and the best flick I could do, they pulled out a small bag each and yelled, "Smoke Bomb!" Covering the entire area around us in a heavy smoke cloud. 

Coughing, I was able to fan away the smoke only to see they were gone but their voices echoed through the auditorium, "Sorry girly, didn't mean to go that south with it," "Next time our plan will be more diabolical and we'll take any of your powers you have! Until then, watch your back!" 

Huffing in exhaustion, I made my way left of the stage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riding my scooter was a little tricky with a bad arm but not impossible and I took it slow when I eventually figured out where I was. I passed by this abandoned theater a handful of times and was always curious why it was still there, never torn down or why it was shut down in the first place.

I called Mei and told her the short version of the story and what damage I got from it. She immediately told me to head to the shop and would have a first aid kit ready for me. Pulling into my spot in the garage, I walked through the doorway and made it  to the front of the shop. Only Mei was there, which doesn't completely surprised me. The shop was closed, MK is usually out either training or hanging with Mei, Pigsy might be taking care of some paper work his shop again and Tang does have a life outside of the shop, just here for food and the latest updates for MK, our powers and of course the Monkey King.

"Hey, you look worst for wear. That bad?" She asked, patting the seat next to her, offering a small smile.

"Much worse, wait until you hear it all; but phone must be off and doesn't leave the 2 of us, got it?" I made her promised and recounted the whole thing as she took care of my bandages.

"So wait, you're saying that in the night market, there could be another one of those power orbs?!"

"I think so, now that I know what it to find it, and you helped me patch up, I'm gonna go get it before someone, like those two idiots get it." standing and adjusting the sling for my arm.

"I should come with. After what you been through, if something happens again, well..." Mei trailed off, looking unsure before turning to me with a determined smile. "It's better to always have back up, right?"

I smiled back at her, "Right. Thanks Mei."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What?!" Mei and I said in the same time to the teen running the booth; it's the booth's owner's daughter while the actual owner is out getting them a quick bite.

"Yeah, sorry. It was purchased a few days ago by some lady for her kid." The teenage girl shrugged before fixing the display heads and a few matching sets on them.

"Do you know who they were? Are they common or local around here?" I tried asking, feeling like my heart drop. An ounce of hope somewhere.

"Nope, they were on vacation or something and wanted a souvenir for their kid. That's all I really know. I wish I could help you more, really I do, but there isn't much else I can offer. Sorry." The teen, ending the conversation, goes to the back left corner and pulls out a box from the table and pulls out more jewelry to put up.

"Come on. Let's get going." Mei said, putting her arm over my shoulder and guiding us out, all while I stayed silent and kept my head down.  

What we didn't noticed that a man had in a paper bag along with random fabrics in it with the very orb. "Looking at the orange sphere, he noticed that it seemed to glow with unknown power. A wide grin was plastered on his face as he continued his merry way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mei? Where are we?" I ask in a suspicious voice. She stopped me from going into the shop again only to ask if I trusted her, big mistake honestly, only to be blindfolded and tossed onto her bike and zoomed off somewhere before I realized where and only for her to stop quickly after and tugged me inside somewhere until we made it into an elevator, judging but the faint movement of the floor and feeling of being lifted.

"In China, duh!" she said as if it was the most obvious thing ever. Shaking my head, I felt for the wall and carefully leaned back on it before letting out a sigh. I feel exhausted, more so than usual, but then again, having your soul being pulled along with whatever power I have left is a serious energy depleter.

"You know that isn't what I meant Mei." I whined at her. 

She giggled before leaning on me, "Yeah, I know. Just, trust me. We are almost there." She promised before eventually hearing a small chime and feeling the doors shift. Grabbing my hand, she lead me through a carpeted area. I held her hand with both of mine so I don't lose it or fall.

She stopped, and I stopped right after. "OK, you ready?" She asks, letting my hands go and going behind me, placing her hands on my shoulders.

"Yeah, now where are we?" I asked again.

"You're about to find out, just walk a few more feet." She instructed, lightly nudging me.

Doing as told, I cautiously walked forward. It was darker than before, noticing that there isn't much light coming through from behind my blindfold. Aaand, stop." She said, now letting me go. I hear a door shut behind us. Quickly pulling off my blindfold to see a dark space, only for a light to turn on and the gang to be under a banner that said Happy Birthday! 

"Surprise!" They loudly called out, each having a smile or grin. I was taken back; and not by the surprise party.

"This," I quietly said to myself, looking around. Aside from the party décor, this is the apartment that I woke up in from inside that prototype those twin demons had sent me in. The gang must have been planning this for a bit and the demons must have kept tabs on them and probably snooped through. "Is incredible, thank you everyone...but it isn't my birthday." I said, bursting their bubble.

The gang looked stunned before looking at Mei with an array of different expressions; from anger to confused. "Technically, yeah it isn't." She admitted with a sheepish shrug.  Before anyone could blow up on her, I stepped in.

"Mei and I were talking a little while ago and how I brought up my birthday and how it did pass here but I already had mine back where I came from. I kinda saw something relating to something along these lines, just not an actual party. Also, where is this place?" I asked once more, looking at Mei.

"This is your~~~ new home!" she announce with the others seemingly throw confetti from behind her. "See, after I explained my parents about your situation and where you are currently staying, they immediately hunted down a decent apartment close by and let me help design it to fit more of your taste. It's also a small way of saying thank you for fixing up our family treasured pin ball machine."

"Aw~ you have to tell them that I did say thank you. And seriously, thank you, all of you, for being there for me and being who you are. You are all truly great just as you all are and I wouldn't change a thing." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After enjoying another amazing spread and some of Pigsy's noodles, I told everyone the broad version of what happen and about the two demons. MK nearly choked on his cake before explaining he had a run in with them yesterday too and how they tried to force a 'perfect' world upon him.

At one point, we made a pact to go over the details of both sides cuz apparently I wasn't the only one with some tea to spill about it. I convinced everyone to take some leftovers as well so nothing went bad.

Cleaning up my apartment, everyone left for the night and Mei mentioned how I was about a block away so I'm a 5 minute walk from the gang.

I eventually made it to my room, seeing the same layout of everything. But I didn't notice one thing; the sliding door to a small outside balcony. It had 2 folded chairs and a small foldable table leaning against one side of the ledge. Stepping out, I looked at the outside city lights and the city from a distance. It was a beautiful and relaxing site to see. 

Yawning, I decided to take a quick shower before I slept for 3 days or so. Locking the door of the balcony, I shut the thick curtains behind me and look through the closet and dresser drawers at what all Mei and her family got me. Going with a pair of loose pj bottoms and a tank top, I took of what felt like an eternal shower. The steam rolled out of the bathroom as I walked out and put my clothes in the laundry basket by the door way as I went to the bed. 

Lying on it, I couldn't help but think about who must have bought the orb, did they buy it because they knew of its power or was it because it was just pretty? I just wish I knew who and why? Maybe I can try to sketch out a vision in the nearby future.

At some point my mind drifted to back home. What was happening? How is my mom taking this? And so on, until I drifted off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I'll stop it here now. I'm so sorry for the wait and so thankful for your patience and understanding, I been hardcore wanting this posted and I was so close to finishing it and then had to put it on hold for an entire month due to family problems and work taking up more of my time. I also wanted to thank AmethystJulien for agreeing to help me with sorting my ideas out and get her opinion; if it was for you, I would be taking longer on my decisions!

Anyways, It's still the 25th over here for me, so Merry Christmas everyone! And to all who doesn't celebrate it, happy holidays! I'll try to post another chapter soon but in the mean time, why don't you all go check out my newest story, The Great Sage's Monastery. It's a work in progress story but I feel that this would be really good and would take a lot of focus on this original piece.

Any who, end of the chapter question: What is your favorite tradition during this time of year/ season? Mine is seeing all the really decorative lights and displays for Christmas. And as for my apology, I'll have it posted between Monday until new years. But until then, I'll see you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 106 13
Gilded Memories Book 2 [Short story] ☆COMPLETED 2023☆ ☆Bloomers Award Participant [2023-2024]☆ A man who is afraid of expressing himself and a woman...
32.9K 1.6K 21
Various Lego Monkie Kid x GN Muichiro Reader. ______________________________ ❝𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒇 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔, 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍...
6K 183 14
"But you know the Monkey King! You two were practically best friends before!" Macaque looked away from the boy, sorrow filling his eyes. "Oh, we wer...
2K 73 24
𝐋𝐌𝐊 𝐗 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 ೃ༄ 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐚𝐧 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞...