Top Gun: Bringing Back That L...

بواسطة Potterhead1406

Madison is a lonely Florida girl who is struggling with relationship problems with her boyfriend, Johnny. Hop... المزيد

Introduction
Chapter 1: The Bus Station
Chapter 2: Lead Me On
Chapter 3: I'm Not in Love
Chapter 4: Sunflowers and Doughnuts
Chapter 5: Liar
Chapter 6: The Breakup
Chapter 7: Rascal
Chapter 8: The Party
Chapter 9: The Plan
Chapter 10: Sweet Child of Mine
Chapter 11: Can't Sleep
Chapter 12: Admit
Chapter 13: Dinner
Chapter 14: Fight
Chapter 15: The Visitor
Chapter 16: Carole
Chapter 17: The Frozen Yogurt Shop
Chapter 18: The Miramar Resort
Chapter 19: The Pool
Chapter 20: Irish Furry
Chapter 21: Falling
Chapter 22: Stalker
Chapter 23: Take My Breath Away [SMUT WARNING]
Chapter 24: I've Recovered, Haven't I?
Chapter 25: This is Wrong.
Chapter 26: Lunch with Iceman and Slider
Chapter 27: A Rough Childhood
Chapter 28: Rescue
Chapter 29: Arson
Chapter 30: Hollywood's Secret
Chapter 32: I'll Never Forget You [SMUT WARNING]
Chapter 33: A Performance
(Quick note) Where I've Been :/
Chapter 34: Not My Fault

Chapter 31: Hot Summer Nights

100 3 0
بواسطة Potterhead1406

As Maverick sped his motorcycle down the road, I was overjoyed. Hanging out with my boyfriend on his motorcycle was amazing. Plus, Maverick's motorcycle was like no other. His motorcycle was red, fast, and stood out in the night. I can completely understand why Charlotte enjoyed motorcycle rides with Maverick.

We were speeding down the road for a bit, and I felt like Maverick was taking me somewhere. Where? I don't know.

"We going anywhere?" I asked as we continued speeding down the road.

"In fact, yes," Pete replied. "I need to show you something cool."

"Really? What is it?"

"It's a surprise!"

A surprise? Interesting....

Nothing was happening for a bit. Nighttime in Miramar is so quiet that you can't even hear the crickets chirp from the grass. You can sometimes hear the ocean waves, but most of the time you can't. It was strange, but I liked it.

It was a perfect time to go on a motorcycle ride. The cool wind slashed my face like a knife, and the motorcycle engine noises slightly hurt my ears.

But with Maverick, it was perfect.

Almost four minutes later, we started to approach an airport. I quickly recognized the airport as Air Station Miramar, where Maverick flies. Even at night, the station was thriving. I swore to God the jets were still flying, even this late at night.

Maverick carefully pulled up his motorcycle by the end of the runway and slowed down to a stop. Now, we were sitting there, staring at the runway and the lights surrounding it to help guide airplanes landing in the dark.

"This is where we were going all along?" I asked quietly.

Maverick nodded, and suddenly grabbed my hand. "Wait until you see this," he said.

"See what?"

"Just wait for it."

Maverick was staring up at the sky like he just saw a UFO. Was he waiting for a jet to fly in? What are the odds of us seeing that?

"Maverick, what are we waiting for?" I whispered.

"Madison, just wait. You'll see."

Just wait. It was hard for me to wait for something. I'm that type of person who can be impatient sometimes. This time, I was really impatient.

What did Maverick want to show me?

Just wait, you'll see...

Maybe if I think about my future life with Maverick, time will pass by quickly....

I closed my eyes and tried to think of my future life with Pete, but it didn't seem to help at all. I tried to think of our honeymoon, our children, our vacations... but I didn't feel anything.

It didn't feel complete—as if a piece were missing. My fantasies of Maverick and I being soulmates are feeling more and more like just that... fantasies.

It doesn't feel possible anymore. Our lives are so, so different. Besides, he's getting married to Charlie.

Deep inside, I knew that after Maverick's marriage our relationship would never be the same. I would move back to Florida, where I'd keep studying turtles until my dying breath. I'd find a nice-enough man to spend the rest of my life with, and I'd be perfectly content. I'd spend Saturdays building sandcastles with my children instead of riding Maverick's motorcycle with him down the highway. Wrapping my hands around his waist, smelling the salty sea air...

Maybe Maverick and I weren't going to end up together in the future after all.

"No way! Madison, look!"

I suddenly heard Maverick's angelic voice call my name. I opened my eyes and looked at him, wondering what was happening.

"What?"

"Look! Up there!"

Maverick pointed to a jet in the sky. It looked like it was heading towards us. I was anxious for a minute, but then I realized the jet wasn't going to hit us. It was just landing.

"Woah..." I whispered to myself.

"Watch this! It's gonna get really close to us, but it won't hit us."

I stared at the Navy jet that kept descending down towards the runway. As it got closer, I could hear its engine roaring. Eventually, it got so close that my hair began to flow in its wake and my ears began to hurt like mad. The jet flew right above us as it landed on the runway, and I gasped once it landed and moved away from us.

"Wow!" I exclaimed, "That was awesome!"

"Told ya you have to wait for the excitement!" Maverick said back, a smile creeping onto his lips.

"Let's keep watching planes!" I said excitedly, not wanting this moment to end.

"Actually, I was going to take you somewhere else."

"Oh, that's fine! Maybe we can do that again some other time!"

"Absolutely, sweetheart."

Maverick revved up the engine on his motorcycle and then got off to help me get on behind him. He pulled me up by the hips and set me on the back of the cycle, so that my legs are dangling off.

"I can get on myself," I said with a smile. His hands are still on my hips, and my stomach is filling with butterflies.

"Mhm," Maverick said as he leaned closer. We were so close that I could feel his breath hot against my face. He leans in the final inch and kisses me softly. Then, he gets back on the motorcycle and begins to drive.

"I figured I'd show that to my girlfriend," Maverick said as we continued speeding down the road. "You are into aviation, right?"

"Absolutely!" I replied, my lips still tingling from our kiss. "I've been into aviation since I was a baby!"

"When was the first time you flew on a plane?" Maverick asked.

"When I was nine months old."
(That's actually true tho ;/)
(AND I WAS JUST FINE EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I FLEW IN A PLANE HOW)

"Wow! I didn't fly on a plane until I was like, five! Lucky you!"

"My dad was an airline pilot, and your dad was a fighter pilot! Explain that!"

"Well, you got a point!"

Maverick and I continued to speed down the road, but soon, I got bored. We weren't really driving anywhere; we were just driving in a straight line by the ocean. I was holding onto Pete for dear life, and nothing was happening.

I then had an idea. Does Pete have a radio station on his motorcycle? If he does, maybe we can spice things up a bit....

"Hey, Maverick! Can you turn your radio up a bit?!" I yelled.

"Sure, darling!" Maverick screamed back. He turned some kind of notch on his motorcycle's control panel, and the music started playing.

"Hey! I love this song!" Maverick suddenly exclaimed. He turned the volume up a bit louder. By listening to the first few notes of the song, I realized the song was Hot Summer Nights by Miami Sound Machine (Great song btw but it's really catchy lol). I remember that song. I heard it the night I met Maverick.

"Hey, I love this song too!" I screamed, "Woohoo! Faster, Mav!"

"Absolutely, sweetheart."

(GUYS TOP GUN MAVERICK GOT DELAYED AGAIN NOW ITS COMING OUT ON NOVEMBER 19 AROUND MY BIRTHDAY WHAT AM I GOING TO DO AHHHHHH!!!!!!)
(*takes deep breaths* holy cow I'm so sorry about that let's continue on now tho. I guess I can now invite all of my friends to the movie theater to see Top Gun Maverick on my birthday... hehe ;))
(Seriously Paramount if you delay it again I'm going to file a lawsuit against u)
(Present me: This note didn't age well lol)
(Seriously tho I AM going to sue Paramount)
(Does anyone want 2 support me when I sue them? No? Okay.)

Maverick started driving his motorcycle even faster. My hair was flying now, and I felt like my ponytail was about to come undone. Holding onto Maverick, I began singing the song blasting on the radio.

"In the time before the twilight
Settles on the world
Woah
You can feel the magic..."

"Yes! Keep it up, sweetheart!" Maverick exclaimed. "How about I show you some real sh-t on this buddy?"

"What do you mean 'real sh-t'?" I asked.

"Look what I can do!"

I watched as Maverick only sped up faster. We were heading right towards a hill. A steep hill. One that didn't look like one to speed over....

"Pete! Don't tell me, are you—"

"Yes! Hold on tight!"

Oh no. Maverick was going to do a trick off that hill....

I instead tried to calm my nerves down by continuing to sing.

"Dreaming of someone to hold tight
One more lonely girl
Woah
Dances in her attic..."

"I bet you're the lonely girl dancing in the attic!" Maverick blurted as we got closer towards the hill.

"I guess I am!" I said. "But I'm not now because I'm with you!"

Maverick didn't say anything else. As we got closer and closer towards the hill, I continued singing.

"Everywhere across the land
In front of their mirrors with combs in their hands
They prepare
To make a stand
Lover to lover, woman to man..."

"Here we go!" Maverick shouted cheerfully. I grabbed onto Maverick's waist tighter, terror seeping into my limbs.

But the fear I felt was more like thrill. Because deep inside, I knew that I would do anything Maverick said. I would jump from an airplane, ski down Mount Everest...

As long as Maverick was with me.

The song was perfectly timed. Right when we jumped the hill, the beat dropped. I got lifted from my seat (and so did Pete) and I screamed. At least I was holding onto Pete. As we flew in the air, we stared at each other. I smiled at him, and Maverick just blushed.

Suddenly, the motorcycle landed on the road safely, with a big thud! I laughed. My heart was beating like a drum in my chest, but I felt happier than ever.

"See? I told you I can do real sh-t on this buddy!" Maverick said with a smirk.

"That was epic!" I said.

"I can do it again, if you want!"

"Umm, no thanks. I don't want to lose my dinner..."

"Ehh, I'll take that as an 'okay, maybe not'."

Maverick slowed down a bit, but he was still going fast. I prayed to God that there wasn't another steep hill in front of us. For a moment, I felt like I was going to throw up when Maverick did his trick. It was fun, but I didn't want to do it again.

I just continued singing. This time, I sang loud and frantically.

"Living for the small town
Hot summer nights!
Radio 'bout to blow
Top down under the lights
Feel the heat
Wild and sweet
Hot summer nights!"

"Hey Madison! That was awesome!" Maverick observed once I stopped singing. "When did you even start singing in the first place?"

I thought for a bit. "I'm not really sure," I said, "but I think ever since I was young. I didn't know how to sing at first, but I had someone help me learn."

"That's pretty cool!"

I thought Maverick was done talking after that, but within seconds, he soon screamed "Hold on tight: we're jumping another hill!"

"Wha—" I couldn't even talk. Maverick sped up his motorcycle almost instantly and we headed towards yet another hill. It was like it came out of nowhere. I thought we were done with hills, but I was wrong.

"PETE! I DON'T FEEL WELL! CAN YOU SLOW DOWN?? PLEASE??!!" I screamed.

"But I love you, and I want to make this night worth it. Just one more?

"Ugh! Fine..." I gave up. "But if I puke after this one, you're paying for my new dinner!"

"Ooh! Is that a threat?"

I couldn't tell if Maverick was drunk or not, since he always had a boyish personality. So I began singing again, my voice wavering, though a huge smile was on my face.

"Riding solo in his front seat
Bursting at the seams
Woah
Driving by desire..."

Without warning, Maverick jumped the hill in front of us. I got lifted off my seat again, and I screamed. This time, I felt like I was definitely going to throw up. But Maverick screamed like he was on a roller coaster. And, for some reason, so did I.

With the loud, upbeat music playing and Maverick with me, I felt even safer and happier to do dangerous things. So when Maverick performed his hill stunt for the second time, I had a blast. I realized Maverick wasn't taking me on his motorcycle ride just because he wanted to give me a romantic ride, but because he wanted me to have fun.

"Woohoo! That was awesome!" I screamed yet again.

"Yeah! Now you're having fun!" Maverick exclaimed.

I was laughing so hard that tears were forming in my eyes. After a moment, Maverick and I started singing along with the song.

"Home town hero haunts the main street
Dreaming desperate dreams
Woah
Where there's smoke there's fire!

"And some believe that love is won
And some of them go like they're under the gun
In between what's already done
And the promise they feel in the evening to come...

"Out for the small town
Hot summer nights!
Radio 'bout to blow
Top down under the lights
Feel the heat
Wild and sweet
Hot summer nights!"

As an instrumental part started playing in the song, Maverick and I laughed. We were having a blast.

Moments like these made me fall even harder for Lt. Pete Mitchell.

"Wow! We should start a band some day!" I suggested loudly. "Ya know, I can be the main singer and you can be the one who sings along with me!"

"That sounds perfect!" Maverick said through laughter.

As Maverick continued driving down the road, I looked around at the scenery surrounding us. The ocean, their beaches, the palm trees—everything's beautiful here. I can definitely understand why my dad loved traveling to this place every time he went on a work trip here.

"Oh, look, there's Charlie's house!"

I jumped as Maverick pointed to a small house on the corner. I instantly recognized it. I got a sickening feeling in my stomach as we drove by. Charlotte might've seen us through the window in her house.

If she saw us, she would kill me. Metaphorically, of course.

But we drove by her house without any problems. No Charlie, no nothing.

"I hope she didn't see us," I said.

"Oh, she didn't," said Maverick. "I think she's working at the hotel right now."

"She might, I don't know."

Maverick drove farther and farther away from Charlotte's house, and I felt relieved. Maverick then turned to me again.

"I'm going to take you somewhere that I went when I first took Charlie for a ride on this bad boy," he whispered. "Is that fine?"

"Sure," I replied. "I'd love to see wherever you took her. This is just like your first ride with Charlie, but better!"

"Ha! This is better!" He laughed.

And, like we always do, we continued singing the song blasting on the radio as Maverick started driving to wherever he was taking me. This was the best night ever.

"In the end
Two hearts will meet
And maybe they'll find whatever they seek
If they can
They'll learn how to keep
The faith that they found in the sound of the beat...

"Our for those small town
Hot summer nights!
Radio 'bout to blow
Top down under the lights
Feel the heat
Wild and sweet
Hot summer nights!"

(I hate this chapter so much rn but don't worry I'll make it better ;))

—————————

Maverick was driving slowly along a harbor. Comforting music was playing on the radio as I held onto my boyfriend and enjoyed the smell of fresh seawater. Boats were lined up against the harbor, sleeping at their will. It was beautiful to see everything so still.

Maverick was talking about himself for a bit while we were driving alongside the harbor. I breathed steadily, feeling the happiness in myself as Maverick and I had the time of our lives.

"And Charlie didn't even move! She just stood there in the water paralyzed with fear as that stingray rubbed up against her legs!" Maverick laughed as he finished his story. He was telling me about the time when he and Charlotte took Bradley to an aquarium, and they decided to go on some VIP tour. Because of that, they were allowed to swim with some fish and stingrays in a tank. He told me that Charlie got scared when a stingray rubbed up against her legs, and I laughed.

"The same thing pretty much happened to me!" I said after Maverick finished his story. "I went to some place in Orlando when I was eleven, and I went in some pool with a lot of fish and things like that in it. I couldn't even stay in the water for a full five minutes, it was that cold! Also, a stingray rubbed up against my legs when I was leaving the pool, and I stood there confused and scared!"

Maverick began laughing. "Us and our fear of stingrays!"

After a bit, Maverick stopped his motorcycle on the side of the road and parked it. The radio was off. Now, there was silence. You could hear the water from the ocean in the distance, but it was so quiet that you couldn't hear the engine on Pete's motorcycle.

"How about we take a break for a moment and stretch out?" Maverick asked me.

"That's fine," I replied.

I stretched my legs out, and so did Maverick. Miramar was so peaceful at night that it was almost scary. Almost as if it was deathly quiet for a reason. But I enjoyed it. Quiet places are always relaxing.

"Maverick?" I asked suddenly, "Did I tell you that tomorrow is my last full day here?"

Pete turned to me. "Call me Pete," he said, "But no. I knew you were staying for a few more days because of Goose, but I didn't know that tomorrow is your last day here."

"It is, unfortunately. I'm going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too, Madison." Maverick cupped my face in his hands and kissed my forehead.

"I'll be back for the wedding, though. Promise."

Maverick nodded slightly. He then turned to me, his face looking a bit disappointed and upset.

"I'm sorry you can't be the bride of the wedding," he said. "I don't have another choice. If I don't marry Charlotte, she'll get mad at me. You know how she feels against our relationship, right?"

"Yes, Pete. If she realizes we're at the point in our relationship where we're French kissing and stuff like that, we're screwed! She'll probably get mad and kill me and maybe even kill you and—"

"Madison, Madison!" Pete laughed, "She's not going to do that! You can stop thinking that she's going to kill us now. There's no way she's going to do that! If she's trusted by the government, she won't do that. Besides, I trust her too."

"Whatever, Pete," I scowled. "It's probably my PTSD or something similar to that."

"Your PTSD? How could your ex-boyfriend make you think my fiancé is going to kill us?"

"It's not my ex-boyfriend, Pete. It's just—flashbacks. I think..."

Pete wrapped his arm around me. "Madison, you'll be fine," he says. "You aren't going to get killed. And you'll find a man that's probably better than me in no time."
(*Gets uneasy feelings about Will from Unstoppable* (great movie btw))

"How can I, Pete? I love you!"

"I love you too, but you have to move on without me..."

Pete suddenly started wiping tears from his eyes. Maybe Maverick didn't mean what he was saying. He didn't want me to move on without him. I was suffering, and he didn't want me to.

"Pete, are you sure you want me to move on without you?"

"No!" Pete confessed, letting out all of his feelings. "Madison, I know you've been having trouble finding a new man after what's-his-face broke up with you. I know you've found me, the man you want to spend the rest of your life with. But I'm already dating Charlie! I have to let you go, but I don't want to because I love you and I know if I do let you go, you'll just be struggling even more...."

Maverick suddenly hugged me. His breath was shaking, almost as if he was ready to cry. I hugged him back, tears falling down my cheeks.

Pete was right. If he left me, I would be alone, struggling to find someone better than him. And just when we were finally starting a relationship, we realized we have to move on.

Pete let me go from his grasp and rubbed his eyes. I looked back at him and sighed. We had no other choice but to move on without each other.

"I'm afraid of what's going to happen to you after we part ways," Maverick whispered. "I know you're not going to find a new man. I just know..."

"You know what? F—k Charlotte! Let's be together!"

"But I can't... it's too late..." Maverick sighed, and we went silent.

We took some time to calm down before we started talking again. I just stared out at the harbor and all of the boats that stood along it to calm down. I carefully read the many creative names that the boats had.

Sea Ray. Jack in the Boat. Scoot Over. Poseidon. Trump. Atlantis. Five Sixty. Bayliner. Mad Props. Final Approach. Flame Tamer....

"Madison? You feeling better?"

I turned back to my boyfriend, who was now looking at me calmly. I sat back up at looked up at Maverick.

"Ya know, my dad once told me that it's not nice to steal someone's boyfriend," I changed the subject. "I knew he was right, but in a situation like this, it's almost right to do it. You don't want to let go of me because you know that I'd be living a dark life if I did. I love you and I think I finally found, ya know, the one. Like, it'd be fine if you marry me so I can live a happy life again, but the only thing that's standing in our way is Charlie and the wedding. I think I actually have to let you go, Maverick. There's no other way. You're right. I'll find someone that's probably better than you before you know it."
(BOOM ROASTED!)

Maverick just nodded.

What did you just do, Madison? A voice echoed in my head. You love Maverick, don't you? Don't let him go like that...

"Know what? Forget that. I might have to leave you eventually, but let's just be at this level of friendship until we can't anymore."

Maverick turned back to me. "I guess you're right," he replies. "I don't want to just forget you. Let's just remain friends right now. We'll be fine."

I nodded, and Maverick gave me another hug. After he finished hugging me, he kissed my cheek. I laughed.

Maverick looked at some pub on the harbor right in front of us and smirked. I could tell he was forming a weird idea inside his head.

"Hey, let's go inside that pub for a minute," he said, "I want to make this night worth it."

I looked at Pete and laughed again.

"Maverick," I said as we leaned in for another kiss. "You big stud. Take me to bed or lose me forever."

Maverick laughed. "Absolutely," he said as he hugged me. We kissed each other on the lips again. Having to let go of each other is hard, but me being friends with Pete for the rest of my life?

Maybe we'll still find a way to be together.

       —————————

Maverick led me inside the pub. It was very quiet tonight; there were only nine people in the bar. The only thing that concerned me? There was yet another stage in the bar. What is up with the restaurants here and stages? I guess everyone needs to share their singing talent here....

"This is the quietest pub in the city," Maverick whispered to me as we sat down at the bar area. "I figured this would be a good place to relax for a little."

"It's perfect," I said back.

I sat in silence for a bit until the bartender walked up to us, asking us for a drink. I told him I just wanted wine while Maverick said he wanted beer. The bartender nodded and walked away to get our drinks.

"So your plan for the night is getting us drunk until we pass out?" I said unenthusiastically.

"No, it's more than that," Maverick replied, smirking. I can't help but notice how handsome he is when he smirks.

"So, we're still going to get drunk until we pass out..." Maverick grins.

"Ha! We're not going to pass out! We're going to do something better than that!"

"Like what?"

"I'll show you later."

Why not now? Maverick is acting ridiculous tonight....

I sat in silence for a bit. Maverick was talking about work (he kept talking about everyone in Top Gun for some reason) while I just sat there, waiting for my wine to be fixed. Even though Maverick didn't even start drinking yet, he was already acting like he was drunk.

"And Slider's the funny one, as you may know," he said. "Also, I'm supposed to graduate from my second term of Top Gun like, literally two days after the wedding. Isn't that painful or what?"

"That certainly is painful!" I said. I looked back at Maverick and changed the subject.

"What are you planning to do here that's not 'getting drunk until we pass out?'" I scowled.

"Like I said, just wait and see! Everything I'm planning to do tonight is a surprise."

"Ya know, this isn't my last night here..."

"I know, but I need to make my time with you perfect. So I'm going to make everything surprising!"

The bartender placed my wine and Maverick's beer in front of us. I said "Thank you, sir," and he nodded.

"I'm doing this because I love you, sweetheart," Maverick said after the bartender left us.

"But I thought you wanted me to leave you!"

"Well, we eventually have to, but I know nobody's going to love you like I do. So I guess I won't!"

What does Maverick mean by that?

"So? I love you too! I want to be with you for the rest of my life!"

"Well, you're right, but I love you too," said Maverick. "I love you more!"

"And why is that?"

"Nothing compares to you."

"Wha—?"

I have never seen Maverick act so strangely in his life. If nothing compared to me, does this mean that Maverick thinks I'm better than Charlie?

Maverick took a swig of his beer and smiled again. He looked over to the stage and suddenly jumped out of his seat. He bolted towards the stage and grabbed the microphone sitting on its stand. After testing the microphone, Maverick began talking.

"Hello, everyone! Thank y'all for coming tonight, even though there's only, like, nine people here! I just wanted to perform a song to one of my girls, where is she..." Maverick looked around the pub as if he didn't know where I was sitting.

"Ah! There she is! Madison, right there!" He said as he pointed to me. I smiled guiltily. I was so embarrassed by Maverick calling me out in front of these people that I felt like I was going to die.

"Yeah, I met her a week or two ago, and she's like a ray of sunshine! She's fun to hang out with, she's really funny and beautiful, ya know. In my opinion, there's no one out there that's like her. Nothing compares to her. That's why I wanted to sing a song for her. Nothing Compares to You. I hope y'all enjoy, and if Madison can come up to the stage, I'd be honored."

I gulped. Never have I ever been so embarrassed in my life.

Some radio suddenly started playing in the background, and I gulped again. It was the song by Prince. I didn't know Maverick liked Prince. Why did he choose that song over all the others?

After some prolonged musical part, Maverick began to sing.

"It's been seven hours and fifteen days
Since you took your love away
I go out every night and sleep all day
Since you took your love away
Since you been gone, I can do whatever I want
I can see whomever I chose..."

I suddenly started blushing at Maverick. He sang beautifully; his voice sounded like an angel's. Honestly, Maverick would've been better off as a professional singer than a Navy pilot. He's just that perfect.

Feeling more embarrassed than ever, I got out of my seat and walked up towards Maverick on the stage. As I finally got on the stage, Maverick turned to me and blushed. I sighed and stood right next to him, aside from the second microphone on the stage. Pete then started singing again.

"I can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant
But nothing
I said nothing can take away these blues
'Cause nothing compares
No nothing compares to you
Nothing, nothing..."

I thought about why Maverick was singing that song for a while. Then, it hit me.

Maybe this song is how we would feel if we let each other go for the rest of our lives. Maverick could marry Charlotte, but he'd still feel blue. I could go ahead and find a new man, but I could never fall in love with him the way I've fallen for Pete. Nothing in our lives compares to one-another. Nothing in Pete's life compared to me, and nothing in my life compared to Pete.

"Your turn, sweetheart," Maverick whispered to me. I grabbed the microphone and began singing, even with the amount of embarrassment in my body.

"It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling
Tell me baby, where did I go wrong?
I could put my arms around every boy I see
But they'd only remind me of you.

"I went to the doctor, guess what he told me
Guess what he told me
He said, 'Girl you better try to have fun, no matter what you do.'
But he's a fool."

Smiling, Maverick and I continued to sing together. Once my part is done, Maverick joined me to sing the chorus.

"'Cause nothing compares
No nothing compares to you
Nothing, nothing..."

As a small instrumental part began playing, we blushed at each other again. Honestly, this was better than getting drunk. Singing a love song was amazing. For a moment, I forgot about the others in the bar.

It was just Maverick and I, together, in love.

"All the flowers that you planted mama
In the back yard
All died when you went away
I know that living with you baby was sometimes hard
But I'm willing to give it another try.

"'Cause nothing compares
No, nothing compares to you
Nothing compares
Nothing compares to you
Nothing compares
Nothing compares to you..."
(My predictive texts rn: nOtHiNg CoMpArEs LoL)

I kept smiling at Maverick as we sang together. This song was basically about our relationship; we were never going to find someone like one-another.

Meanwhile, two men who were watching us sing suddenly turned to each other and began talking.

"Excuse me, Nate?" One of the men whispered. "Do you see those people up there... ya think they like each other?"

The other man laughed. "Them?" He said, "No way! They probably just wanted to share their singing talent! How can that girl love that hot-shot man so much?"

"I don't know, but let's continue watching them, then maybe we'll find out."

"Okay."

And so they watched us finish the song together.

"No nothing compares
Nothing compares to you
Nothing compares
Nothing compares to you
Nothing compares
Nothing compares to you...!"

Pete and I finished with us staring at each other dreamily. We finished our last note of the song with love. Maverick and I loved each other, and we had to show it. Maverick laughed a little under his breath as he blushed at me. I did the same thing.

Meanwhile, the two men sitting at their table watching us were convinced.

"Yep. They like each other," The man said to Nate.

"I should've known."

After the song finished playing, the entire pub began clapping. At least we were able to entertain some people. I smiled as everyone congratulated us for our performance. We did a great job singing.

"C'mon, let's drink some more," Pete whispered as everyone continued to applaud. I nodded cheerfully. Pete took my hand and gallantly led me off the stage. I smiled at my boyfriend; honestly, this performance was worth it.

We sat back down at the bar. I yawned and took a sip of my wine. Maverick was chugging his beer like he was drinking water. I had a feeling Maverick was going to get drunk before we even left.

"Why did you do that?" I asked as I finished swallowing my sip of wine.

"Well, you told me you wanted to start a band between us one day, so I decided we could get a head start," Pete replied with a sweet smile. I nodded, moved by Maverick and his thoughtfulness.

"What do ya wanna do now?" I asked. "You wanna head back to our hotel or continue to take a ride?"

Maverick finished guzzling his beer. "Naw... how about we stay here for just a little longer?"

"I guess... I have to use the bathroom, anyway. I'll be back."

I got out of my chair and walked towards the bathrooms. Maverick just watched me make my way towards them. He was smirking again, as if he was plotting something that has to do with me....

I made it to the bathroom. Yawning and stretching my arms, I walked into a vacant stall and took care of my business.

After I was done using the bathroom, I began washing my hands. The sink in the bathroom was automatic, so I just stuck my hands underneath the faucet. However, the faucet wasn't turning on.

Are you pullin' my leg right now?! I thought as I shook my hands frantically underneath the faucet. Finally, the sink turned on, and water poured from the faucet. However, the water coming out of the faucet was so hot that it started steaming the moment it came out. Once my hands got soaked under the water, they began to burn from the heat.

"Ouch!" I screamed quietly, pulling my hands away from the faucet. I couldn't control the temperature of the water, but why was the water so hot?

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened, and (unsurprisingly) Maverick walked in.

"You alright, darling?" Maverick asked as he walked over to me. "I heard you scream in here."

How was I so loud when I screamed "ouch!" that Maverick heard me from outside the bathroom?

"Sorry, Pete," I said. "The water is just so hot!"

"Try the other sink!"

I heeded Maverick's words and tried the other sink next to me. The water, of course, was cold and normal. I guess there's different temperatures for every sink here.

"Pete? Why did you come in here?" I finally asked after I finished washing my hands. Maverick just stared at me abnormally.

"What ya wanna do next? Just drop down on the tile and go for it?"

"Nah, I was thinking the counter," Maverick replied.

"How about we don't do it here and go for it at the hotel instead?"

"That sounds perfect. C'mon, let's drink some more."

I scowled and followed Maverick out the bathroom. I could tell he was already drunk.

"By the way," Pete said once we reached our seats at the bar area again. He grabbed his beer and gestured it towards me.

"Have a sip. It's delicious."

"Err, okay..." I said. I grabbed Pete's beer and took a sip of it.

I knew I was going to get drunk, but I did it for the man that I loved most.

—————————

"DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD ON A HOT SUMMER NIGHT! WOOOO!"

I was drunk. Maverick was also drunk, but not drunk enough to drive off the road. We were driving back to the restaurant where we ate earlier this afternoon so I can get back to my car. Maverick was blasting even more songs on his radio. This time, he was playing a song that I did not know. But I still enjoyed it anyways.

"That's it, darling!" Maverick encouraged me for pretty much nothing. "Isn't this night not the best night ever?"

"IS THAT MAVERICK?! WOOOO!" I replied instead.

"Well, I can tell you're drunk! That beer was delicious, wasn't it?"

"IT WAS! LET'S GO BACK TO THE MIRAMAR RESORT AND PARTY!"

"Whatever you say, girlfriend!"

I laughed hysterically for no reason as Maverick continued driving down the road. Once we got to the restaurant we ate at earlier on, he allowed me to get off his motorcycle and drive home.

"Sweetheart, please don't drive like a maniac down the road," Pete said as I walked over to my car in the restaurant parking lot, which luckily wasn't towed yet. I pulled the car keys out of my pocket and yawned.

"I'll try, Mav..."

"Please do. I don't want you to get arrested this late at night. Meet me at the hotel when you get there. Then, we could go to your room and do our things."

"Got it."

I then unlocked my car. I looked back at Maverick, who was staring at me dreamily and blinking slowly. I couldn't resist how much I wanted to kiss Pete. So I ran over to the red motorcycle in the parking lot and kissed the driver. My boyfriend.

Maverick didn't even hesitate when I kissed him. Our lips and our tongues met, and I felt sensational again, like fireworks on the Fourth of July. After we parted, Pete smiled.

"Thanks for tonight, Madison," he said calmly. "I enjoyed being with you."

"You're welcome, Pete," I said, my cheeks flushed with happiness. I then ran back to my car, got in, and closed the door behind me. I started its engine and carefully pulled out, trying my best not to drive maniacally. Maverick started driving as well. And so I followed Maverick out of the restaurant parking lot and back towards the resort, trying to ignore the fuzzy feeling in my head.

The road in front of me kept turning blurry, but I drove on, almost side swiping a car next to me. I pressed on the gas hard, rolling the windows down to feel the fresh air.

Maverick was right... nothing compared to him.

(I don't own both songs in this chapter btw they all go to the original singers)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

540K 11.7K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
666K 33.1K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
270K 11.2K 40
ဤ Fic သည် အရမ်းရိုင်းစိုင်းသော အသုံးအနှုန်းတွေကိုသာသုံးထားသော Big Warning 🚨18+ Fic တပုဒ်ဖြစ်သည် ။
1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...