C a p t u r e d

נכתב על ידי sandersensarah

When Laurie Cortez is kidnapped by one of the world's most notorious vampires, she makes a vow to herself: to... עוד

1: Obsession
2: Anger
3: Vampire Girl
4: Virginity
5: Life Saver
6: New Reality
7: Broken Shards
8: Crimson
10: The Dollhouse King
11: Temporary Blessings
12: Spaces Between
13: Beware of Real-Life Monsters
14: Aberrant Dreams
15: Talking to a Wolf
16: Revenant
17: Ying and Yang
18: Killer
19: New Vampires
20: New Beasts
21: Hallucinations
22: Stupidity
23: Selfishness
24: He Can Smell You
25: Invincible
26: A Sadist's Paradise
27: The Art Room
28: Artificial-Blood
29: Endlessly Unfortunate
30: Twisted Dreams
31: Selfish Fantasy
32: Wonderland
33: Parasitic
34: The First Finale
35: Bravery
36: Laurie's Ecstasy
Sequel!!!
ATTENTION!!

9: Our Favorite Psi

6.3K 310 84
נכתב על ידי sandersensarah

Chapter Nine- Our Favorite Psi

Psychic vampire

(Aka 'psi')

1. A being who feeds off the "life force" of other living creatures.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day seven. I was still hiding.

The game room stretched out in front of me, dark and dreary as ever. I crept to the attached bathroom and took a sponge bath. Then I spent the next few hours staring at the wall; visualizing my old life and my family.

After Tyson had opened the door, I decided to play stupid. So I never left of the game room. I fell back asleep on the couch, and have been waiting in here for days. Waiting for what? I had no fucking idea.

Every night, Hayden and Uzair brought me a leftover meal, and shut me back in.

My life sucked.

It's fitting that this bizarre city was underground. I was locked away. Far from the sun. I was starting see why Tyson and the others were all so pale.

I felt like the space around me was made of glass. I watched the Donors wandering in and out, with lively movements and real smiles.

Because this is their game room; they showed up quite a lot. Usually with new blood on their necks and shoulders and wrists and whatever.

It was weird. It was surreal to be there. I was trying to deny that I was here while being here, which was kind of impossible, so I watched the Donors in order to distract myself.

The teenage perfectionist Aubrey had a vendetta against me now. She scowled whenever she is within my vicinity. She always mouthed "bitch" underneath her breath and shit like that.

The three other Donors, Tyson's 'favorites', often came in, too. Apparently, Tyson's favorites were all hookers. Or they were pretty enough to be hookers, at least.

There was a pair of twins that had to be around twenty. Despite their ages, they were tall, skinny, and tan, like supermodels. Their eyes were always unblinking, and they patrolled the mansion like cats. Their tangled hair was wild and curly and callous. I didn't know them, but they were the type of sisters who were always whispering to one another in Hungarian, with their arms sloped around each other, protectively.

The third 'favorite' was a Vietnamese woman named Nam Ha. She was always in the game room, bowling by herself. Other than her messily applied makeup, her white dress and impeccable curls made her look like a queen. She never spoke much, but she always smiled at me.

Three days turned into two weeks. Tyson never went in the game room; I didn't know why. I spent my days staring at the wall.

Maybe this was good. Maybe this meant he was bored of me. If I was boring enough; maybe he would bring me back home.

My stringy hair began to fade. Brown roots were revealed on my head, and the dye faded from red to pink. It looked okay, I guessed. I missed having that bright-red hair dye. I always thought it looked pretty.

I took daily sponge baths, but only had one outfit- the one Estelle gave me. So after two weeks, my nightgown made me smell rank as hell. Its color also faded, from all of the dust in the crappy room.

My life was on hold.

Once, I was a gutsy girl with long red hair. Now, I was just a frozen-in-time girl with short pink hair, with the once-dyed color fading and melting and disappearing into the blackness...

Tyson didn't show up to bring me back home. When I was alone, I kept crying.

The double-doors were French. Swirling grey, impeccably polished, like Tyson regularly hires someone to scrub them clean.

Maybe he did. Vampires were vain, right?

My hair hung limp. I kept expecting a breeze to blow past them, but nothing did. The city below was was a stack of 3-D cards. In the distance, I could see the buildings getting bigger, wider. Some disappeared into the ceiling of the cave.

How is this possible? How hasn't a city like this collapsed yet?

The molten air around me seemed thick. The immortal figures seem to blend together, like ink.

I was three stories high. Three stories away from freedom. If only I could fly.

Somewhere far below, a piano is playing. The musician was clearly a beginner, by the way the chords clink and clunk. And people scream and talk, like a massive party is going on downstairs.

How fitting- Tyson held big parties. I'm glad I wasn't invited. I'd go out like a bomb instead.

It made so much sense.

Wait. Holy fuck. I was a genius! That was exactly how I could go.

Give him some conscious. Stand for something. Treat him with a lesson.

I cackled, softly, "I've gone three weeks without my Bipolar meds, but I've never seen so clearly. I bet my parents were lying when they said the meds would help me. The meds just hid the truth from me!"

I'd always been afraid of death, but getting kidnapped has shifted my perspective. I've never seen things with such clarity.

I took a deep breath, smiled, and hoisted myself onto the edge, just past the pristine railing. There was no sky above. Just the cave ceiling. I closed my eyes, imagining a breeze, but there was nothing.

Then I pulled myself over the raining, clenching on with my hands, for a fleeting instant. Then I pushed myself far into the air, wide, like a diver.

I barely made it over the spiky fence, which was good. At least I wouldn't be impaled.

That's when I started dropping like a rock. AKA, I was flying!

It was fast, yet lasted forever. My feet twisted above my head, and I smiled. The air picked me up and dropped me.

The vampires beneath me glared up, ravenous, and I clenched my teeth. Shit. How did I not think about the vampires on the ground?

Oh my God, what was wrong with me?

My parents were right. I really was crazy.

I was about to bleed all over the cave floor. I was about to get devoured.

That was the vision in my mind, at least. In reality, I smacked into something soft.

Squishy. Like jello. It was like I was sitting on a baby.

I sat up, wide-eyed. An ovular golden balloon lied below me. By golden, I mean literally radiant with light. It was gigantic; like a round trampoline or something.

A vanilla scent attacked my nostrils. Then skinny hands shoved me off and uncorked a button on the underside of the balloon. It deflated, immediately, and the stranger shoved the balloon back into her butterfly purse.

My eyelid was twitching. My whole body was quivering.

What the hell? Didn't this nightmare ever end?

The passersby on the street stared but turned on their feet, slinking away. My feet were frozen on the cave floor, not even daring to look up at my savior.

Did I really just try to kill myself again? What the fuck was wrong with me?

This had only happened once before- I had a psychotic break last year. I tried to kill myself. It was right after I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder, and I hadn't been taking my meds. Same old story.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Maybe I really was schizophrenic, now. Maybe all that I needed to push me over the edge was a kidnapping.

But I didn't die yet. Someone inflated that balloon in an instant, and managed to put it right where I would fall onto it.

Who had saved me?

"Take a look, darling."

My eyes swiveled upward. A spritely young woman loomed above me. She was a butterfly in her blue lace dress. Her hair was in messy twist above her head.

Her grey eyes glazed upward, towards the balcony I came from. Her eyes flashed with familiarity.

"So you know my brother," she purred.

I stared at her white teeth. Her fangs were her two front teeth. I'd never seen them so forward and close together. It was buck-teethed; and yes it was; but it was still batshit and terrifying.

"Well, I just saved your life, so I might as well try you out," she murmured softly.

Please don't. Have mercy on me. I'm never going to see my family; my friends; or my old life again. I have nothing to live for. I'd rather you just kill me.

She giggles. "I just need a fix. I don't care about what you want; honey."

In an instant, I was on my feet. I clawed at her face. I tore down the sidewalk. Then her hand was on my arm. Her teeth inside my back.

She bit me.

So now, I'd been bitten by two vampires. Perfect. And it hurt like a gunshot wound.

Her teeth were sharp like swords. Her hands felt cold.... And clammy...

And... I...

"Nice to meet you. I'm Ji, and I'm a psi vampire."

She laughed- a twinkly, melodious sound. My eyes rolled into my head. My body crumpled. Because yes! Why not, Laurie? Now is a perfect time to pass out!

I pulled myself back up from the edge. I wrenched backwards, nearly pulling myself from the brink of falling into a coma. The woman smoothed down her vintage dress, fiddling with the dark lace fondly. Then her teeth were in my back again and I was trapped inside the moment.

Ji. Tyson's sister. The psi vampire.

Her bite was like fire.

It stung me and wiggles through my skin. Red flames coursed down my back. My arms flail out, and Ji slapped my mouth. Muffled shrieks spilled out anyways.

Once, I had thought that Tyson's bite stung. But compared to this girl, his bite was nothing. In fact, compared to hers, his bite would've been welcoming.

I tried to duck out of her grip. My eyeballs nearly rolled out of my sockets. I wrenched my body backwards, to hit her.

Ji laughed; launching back towards me too fast. Olympic-speed. She kept one hand on her mouth, and the other one around my waist. A strange breathy noise was coming out of her mouth, like a wheeze.

She was high off of my blood. Okay, okay, this meant that she was almost finished with me. Right?

I bowed my shoulders. Then she wrenched her teeth out of my back, still smiling.

I could barely talk. "W-Well, if there's one thing this whole ordeal makes me miss: that is control of my own life. Honestly."

She smiled. "Aw, how cute. Tyson caught himself an honest one!"

I stumbled two steps and nearly fell down; like a drunk. I shouldn't be so dizzy.

"Come on," Ji sang. "Or you could stay here!"

I fumbled, clumsily. I didn't want to be caught by the other vampires on the street, so I just followed her in shuffling steps that scuffed the floor.

My eyes squeezed shut, then open. I was having trouble focusing. My limbs were trembling.

Ji unlatched the huge, looming gate. Then she grabbed my hand, leading me into Tyson's sickly garden.

Flowers and bushes curled, with various fruits. They were all veiny, crinkly, and nearly dead. I bowed my shoulders. As the numbness in my body receded, my heart began pounding. I tried to wrench my hand out of hers, but Ji's calloused palms were as unmoving as iron.

"You belong to my brother, darling," she purred. "Sure, you tried to kill yourself, but that's his problem; not my problem."

Wait? What? You're taking me back there?

"If you keep disagreeing, then I'll bite you again. Now... Do you belong to my brother?"

I gritted my teeth, but nodded my head. Her lips curved upward.

What the fuck? I hadn't been speaking out loud before...

Ji banged the brass door handle down, as if it was a doorknob. I turned to see vampires gathering outside the front gates.

Ravenous.

Fuck. God damn it.

I took a deep, shuddering breath, and the front door swung open. One of Tyson's "favorites" stands there. Nam Ha, the Donor with the Vietnamese accent. She wore high-waist white lingerie that looked unreal; like a bathing suit. She wasn't a supermodel. She was a bit more chubby. But it looked good.

Nam Ha's eyes settled on me. Then she stared at Ji, and nearly screamed. In an instant, Nam Ha was covering up her barely-covered boobs with her hands.

Ji just laughed. "Oh, hi there, darling! Haven't seen you in quite a while."

Nam Ha was horrified. "What is this?"

Ji scooped her into a hug. Nam Ha recoiled and wrenched out of it.

"Get out of here, before Tyson sees you," Nam Ha growled. "Now!"

Ji smiled. "Our little secret."

I jumped inside. Then Nam Ha slammed the door shut and linked arms with me. She practically dragged me up the claustrophobic hallway.

My vision was still spotty. Black dots floated behind my eyes. Wherever we were going, the clunky piano playing was getting louder... And louder...

Was Ji gone? Or was she still standing in Tyson's garden?

Nam Ha spoke, carefully, "...Laurie. How did you get out of the game room?"

It was easy. I just tried to kill myself.

"What does it matter to you?"

Nam Ha shook her head. Then she pulled me into the dimly lit kitchen. The floor tiles were practically sparkling. The dishes had disappeared from the glass cabinets. Stacks of blood stewed on counters, while meals were stacked up in the sink, and a group of strange Donors sat at the wooden table. Their outfits were white and revealing. Nam Ha grabbed a teacup off of the stove. She poured me a glass and leaned up right next to my ear.

"Earl grey tea. Drink up."

With that, she scampered out of the room. Great; just what I needed.

First Ji... Now Nam Ha... And apparently there's some kind of party.

The Donors stared at me, murmuring. I stared at them and my hands began to shake. But I turned around, pretending like I don't notice them.

Hey God, why was I still alive? I didn't belong here. (I didn't belong in college either, but I definitely don't belong here.) Could you please answer me?

I've always been a skeptic, but my problem is: I've always believed that everything always happened for a reason. When I jumped off the balcony, it felt like the right thing to do. But I was so wrong, so fucking wrong. I told myself I would never try to kill myself again! So why the fuck did I jump? Why the fuck did I jump? Why the fuck...

It would be one thing if one of the vampires killed me. I wouldn't mind that as much. I might even go to heaven.

As I sipped on the bitter tea, I could make out some of the Donor's frantic whispers. It was so strange to hear their unfamiliar voices.

"...Political gain... Rare blood type... Tyson's been hiding her..."

I shoved the china glass down on the side table, with a loud crack. They gasped. My hands were trembling out of control. I shoved my nails into the palms of my hand.

How was this real? Why was this happening? Why did everyone know about me?

Now that I was more focused, I could hear more voices from below me. Downstairs, the party seemed to yell. The horrendous pianist was still playing, but it was no longer a personal concert.

The concert from hell. I laughed, harshly, and that's when Nam Ha barreled back into the room. She held her arms out, clasped directly behind her. She tapped my shoulder.

"Tyson wants to see you."

"Tell him no."

Nam Ha's expression fractured. I was almost empathetic.

"Why? You've been here for almost a month; Laurie. You can't avoid him forever."

"This is his mansion. If he wanted to see me, he would've showed up in the game room."

"Laurie," Nam Ha hissed. "Despite his soulless veneer, he was actually concerned about you. He wanted you to get used to this place before he started seeing you."

"Please. He sucked my blood when I was in Georgia."

"That was your territory. This is his. He's been cautious around you, because he knows he has the advantage now."

The way she explained it was strange. Almost like I was in a game of manhunt or something. Tyson versus Laurie. I wish we were in an actual manhunt, because if this game had rules, then I knew enough to beat the living shit out of him.

I stared up at her. Nam Ha's eyes were wide and searching. Then I looked down at my filthy nightgown and shortly hacked hair. She drew in a breath, steadily.

"Not like this, ugly. Come with me."

She dragged me upstairs; into her room- which was hidden behind Tyson's. Almost in an instant, her hands were around my nightgown. On the bottom. Pulling-

"Oh my god! Stop it!"

"Take that filthy thing off!" Nam Ha ordered.

I did as she said. In nearly an instant, the filthy thing was at my feet. She inspected it with strange arrogance. Her whole posture was that of a queen.

"I can help you."

Then she jogged to her closet. I faced the full-length mirror, staring at my strange new body.

My face was gaunt. My boobs were shrunken little potatoes. I'd lost my curves, too. My bra and underwear looked loose on me.

Ewwww. Honestly? I looked anorexic.

I'd been eating just fine before. So it was almost as if Ji had sucked the nutrients right out of my body.

Maybe it didn't even matter. Next time I saw Ji, I could let her bite me until I withered up and died.

Shut up! Stupid Laurie.

Nam Ha turned back around, slamming the closet door behind her. She stopped when she saw my back.

"Oh, my god," she whispered. A mess of white lingerie dropped out of her hands; forgotten already. "That bitch bit you."

"Ji? Yeah," I said, laughing. "It's cool though. You know, what are you going to do-?"

But I couldn't finish. Because Nam Ha was already hugging me.

It's a long hug. A hard one. I was standing there; trying to figure out why this mattered to her. People got bitten all the time- this is a city of vampires.

"I've been in this place for sixteen years," Nam Ha muttered, "And I've never met a vampire worse than Ji. She's a mess of a person; and she's a killer."

"Wait, really?"

Tyson's sister is a killer? Well... Fuck.

Of course she was the one who saved my life, too. I was in the debt of a fucking nutjob.

Unless Nam Ha was lying. Maybe Ji was just misunderstood. Like Jesus Christ, I understood that type of reasoning.

"Laurie," Nam Ha hissed. "I want you to understand- stay away from Ji, no matter what. Do you promise?"

I nodded, slowly. Nam Ha's eyes were too hard. Like she was hiding something.

But in a flash of the light; she pasted a smile back on; and picked up her pile of lingerie. Her positivity was back.

"Pick one."

I wanted to scream, but her eyes were like twin storms. Instead; I stated at the lingerie, meekly.

I would talk to Tyson, but only to convince him I don't belong here. I was nothing like the rest of these Donors.

I wanted to hide, but Nam Ha was still staring at me.

"Come on, Laurie! Pick one!"

"No way. Lingerie will just make him want to bite me," I hissed.

She laughed, brutally. "I know! Tyson may be nearly five-hundred, but he was Turned when he was sixteen."

"So what?!"

"His brain froze at age sixteen. Synonym for: he's immature. Always controlled by his impulses."

"Not what I'm looking for!" I growled, shoving away the lingerie. Nam Ha shook her head; her smile getting wider. Then she giggled.

"You can be eye candy. It won't affect him. He prefers Asian girls. He's traditional."

"He abducted me, though," I muttered. "So are you sure?"

"Yep. There's a difference between his bloodlust and his sexual preferences, Laurie."

"Good."

"It's not good for me," Nam Ha sighed. "When Tyson first met me, he told me I looked like a girl named Nu who he married long ago. That's why he kidnapped me in the first place."

"No kidding?!"

"I wish I was joking."

"It's kind of creepy to imagine him like that. Married."

"Oh. I know."

"I guess she died?"

"Yep. She died. So now I'm here. All because I looked like her."

"I'm so sorry."

I nodded, gingerly. I felt rude, saying the obligatory apology like that. But it's not like anything I could say would console her. It was kind of depressing to hear Nam Ha's story like that- even if it was brief. She was a shadow of someone Tyson lost.

"Most of his Donors got kidnapped randomly," Nam Ha continued. "So please don't tell anyone that I look like his ex-wife. It's awkward as hell."

"I won't."

"Thanks."

"Sure."

I gulped. This felt like I knew way too much. Too much about Nam Ha. Too much about Tyson. Something just rang wrong.

"Have you and Tyson ever-?" I stopped before I could finish, my mouth agape.

Nam Ha shook her head. "No way. But I flirt with him whenever I don't want him to find out about something. It works."

"Of course it does. He's frozen in time, and all that shit."

"And he's got some semblance of manners. Sometimes."

"Great."

"Come on, Laurie. I know you want to keep your secrets."

My lids went lower. "But I have no secrets."

"You want him to know that you jumped out the window? You want him to know that his little sister bit you?"

I laughed, way too anxiously. "Maybe not..."

"Sweet. Try this."

She rifled through the lingerie; and shoved me one. I gave her the side-eye.

"Change right here? With you looking?"

Nam Ha giggled. "Sorry, Miss Modesty."

She turned around, with her eyes covered, pointedly. I took a deep breath; shoving off my underclothes and ignoring the awful feeling that curdled through my chest.

Lace bra and panties set. If that wasn't bad enough; it was silken and scratchy. Then I tugged on lace stockings. Decorative lace hung all around the bra, down to my belly button. Technically, that made it a shirt, but without pants? Its lace tightens down to an angelic bow around my butt. It was too much. I tugged off the lace and bow, so it was just a bra and panties set.

I stare at myself in the mirror. "He kidnapped you too. You look like his ex-wife. Why do you want to dress up for him?"

"What? Just for fun. Lighten up."

"Well; it's not my style. Get me something that shows more-"

"More?"

"Less! I mean less! God damn it!"

As I shoved all the ribbons and layers on her bed, Nam Ha rummaged through her bottom drawers. Then she pulled out makeup, and I shake my head.

"No, no, no. This won't work. I'm way too conservative for this."

She pouted. "Fine."

She ran to her closet and dragged out a form-fitting dress; which had a bit of a miniskirt, and way too low-cut on the breasts. But still- it was the most conservative thing in her closet.

The second I put it on, Nam Ha was feeling up my ears.

"No piercings? That's no fun."

"I already have red- no, pink- hair, now. It's weird enough that my hair is faded."

Nam Ha shrugged, imperially. "Even so, Laurie. You clean up well. I can't do anything about those bite marks on your back... But Tyson would've found them eventually."

"Are you fucking kidding me-?"

"He doesn't like to wait; Laurie come on."

She left the room, as if expecting me to follow her. But my entire body was frozen.

"His sister was hanging outside his house. Is she usually there?"

"That's typical for Ji. She likes to stalk around. So if you see her outside again; don't get surprised."

"Oh, perfect! The woman who saved my life is not only Tyson's sister- she also is a total fucking creeper!"

"She is. Stay away from her."

Now for Tyson.

That skeleton. That arrogant jerk. That domineering, abusive, perverse, disgusting vampire...

To see me like this?

"Laurie!" Nam Ha yelled. "If you don't go, he'll find you later!"

I blinked, wondering what she's alluding to. Oh wait- biting.

Nearly stepping over my own feet, I ran after her. She led me downstairs, to his parents' statues. A few strangers stood in the corridor, and milled through the downstairs of his house. Upstairs seemed to be off limits for them.

Into the claustrophobic hallway. Then we turned a corner and stepped down an enormous marble staircase, which is ice against the soles of my feet. Strangers lingered up and down the steps, whispering towards each other.

Most were vampires. Some were Donors. They wore light, airy outfits. Some have silk over-layers. Some Donor guys were shirtless, exposing hundreds of bite mark scars. Some girls were in lingerie; and bit their scarred-up lips like playboy bunnies.

(What the fuck was I walking into?)

As I stepped into the vicinity of each vampire, they all swiveled around to look at me. Nam Ha stepped in front of me, pulling her tiny bra down. It was almost low enough to see her nipples.

"Hey, everyone!" Nam Ha yelled, like a madwoman. "Look at my pretty scars!"

Vampires stared at her neck and gawked at her veins and her skin. Flashing human-white teeth, Nam Ha waved to each figure. Lightning-fast, her tone changed from playful to teasing to shy.

"Hello, vampires. Nice to see you all here, isn't it... Oh, Gina! I know, you just want to bite into me. Tyson will make you pay for it... Ah, Paul. I, uh, nice to see you. I hope you've been rotting."

Paul hovered near the bottom of stairs, with his arm wrapped around a tan-skinned twin, another one of Tyson's "favorites". The woman stared up at the ceiling, with strange fear skittering across her face. She tapped an anxious hand against her huge bag, which she held against her stomach.

Nam Ha's teeth tightened. Paul seemed detached. He raked a hand through the twin's hair, eyes locking with mine. Cold. Sociopathic...

"I brought you a gift, Paul," the nameless twin whispered, "New wine..."

She pulled a wine bottle out of her bag, and Paul corked it open and began chugging immediately. The twin smiled to herself; and then smiled at Nam Ha and me. From his unsettling expression; it was like he was being roofied.

I looked away, my heart pounding in my chest. The basement was colossal. It was basically a maze of eclectic rooms with high ceilings.

Mini movie theater... Sitting room.... Hot tub...

Hundreds of vampires wove through the crowd. Nam Ha pushed past them, an air of importance hovering all around her. They parted for her like the Red Sea- with lust in their eyes; but it was muted by all the Donors hovering in the crowd.

No wonder Tyson liked Nam Ha so much. She knew a lot.

Nam Ha pulled a key out of her bra and started using it to unlock doors. As we went on, the amount of people inside lessened. They all seem imperial and/or arrogant, like they were wealthy, old, and famous.

As we rushed through each room, we passed Aubrey, who was clinking loudly on the piano. It was attached to speakers, and blasted through the building. Sweat beaded against her forehead.

In the next room, I spotted Uzair and Hayden in the corner, surrounded by pretty young vampire girls. They were practically against the wall; the girls were so close to them. Though Uzair looked used to it; Hayden was about to throw up.

In the next room, there were tiny little side doors. Behind them were sucking noises and shrieks, like someone just couldn't just wait for their next blood fixing.

This place was a horror show. A disgrace. It filled my heart with mud and pumps all of the life out of it, already.

By the time we reached the innermost room, my whole body was numb. We were on the innermost part.... Like finding the Minotaur inside his Labyrinth.

This last room was tinier. More exclusive. I didn't know when this party started (I had probably been asleep when everyone arrived or something), but there were definitely different room-based parameters, based on how important you were in the vampire hierarchy.

The innermost room was the size of a large closet. Tyson's art decorated the walls. But this time, they were all abstract mosaics, but they reminded me of his long, thick strokes and massive shading problem. Was it bad that I'd only seen his art once, but already knew it was made by him?

In the middle of the room was an underhung area, where the floor dropped inwards. This area was fitted with two plush couches, surrounded by clear boxes full of files and official-looking documents. It was as tiny as it was intimate.

Tyson languished on the first couch, like a huge tired cat. His arms and legs were outstretched. The second tan twin was half in his arms as he sucked the blood from her neck.

Oh, ew. Oh, fuck.

A group of ancient-looking men sat across from Tyson, with their own Donors. As Nam Ha and I get closer, I saw that empty bottles of wine littered the floor. The whole group of them smelled drunk- and none were drunk as Tyson.

Nam Ha's eyes were wide. She pushed her face close to mine. "Vampires can't usually eat or drink," she murmured, "It's terrible for them. But most make an exception occasionally, based on the pleasure it provides."

My teeth were chattering. How could I think I could trust her? "I-I don't think this looks like a safe s-s-situation-"

"I know. Tyson wasn't that drunk before. I swear I wasn't planning this-"

"Hush up," Tyson slurred. Nam Ha went quiet.

Tyson outstretches a finger toward me. Then he smiled at me. "I just want to talk to Laurie. Everyone else, get out."

Oh, just fucking shoot me.

I ran back to the doorway. "No thanks."

Everyone ignored me. Numerous drunk vampires passed by me; out the door. The tan twin got up from Tyson's lap. She daintily dabbed the blood from her neck. She was wearing a long white gown, like Marilyn Monroe.

"Oh, Tyson," she purred, tapping her bag. It was identical to her twin sisters'. "Promise me you'll finish the wine bottle I got you from upstairs!"

He cackles. "I already did- among a few other bottles as well."

The twin's lips spread into a smile. Then she winked at me, exiting the room like a rabbit.

What? Did the other twin roofie him, too?

Tyson didn't look up. A languid smile sat on his face; like he was high. He uncrossed his legs. Then he played with the buttons on his black dress jacket.

"Bạn cần phải rời khỏi, Nam Ha," Tyson called out in Vietnamese.

Nam Ha scowled, deeply, and patted me on the back. Then she pulled away from me, and turned to leave the room. Right before she did, she leaned up to my ear, and whispered.

"Like I said; don't make things too fun for him. He's a manboy. A child. Make sure to keep his attention; but be careful, and skitter past all the important subjects."

And with that, Nam Ha left me alone in her barmaid dress, locked in a room with a drunk vampire.

--

Doesn't Tyson have great taste in Donors? Comment your thoughts below and please consider voting. I love you all very much and have a very nice day!

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

5.1K 227 24
After fifteen years, children of the royal family have grown up and are facing new tasks to make their countries prosper. Two families will meet, tw...
158K 2.3K 61
A prophecy. The only thing that motivates her to survive. It doesn't change, even when Victoria, a young Fallen Angel, is caught after many years of...
41K 1.3K 34
In which Alexia Kirby will meet a girl with beautiful blue eyes, only to find out it's the same girl her brother is always talking about. Will Alexia...
14.4K 1K 37
"សូមរងចាំបងពួកយើងនិងបានរស់នៅជុំគ្នាវិញនៅថ្ងៃណាមួយ" មីន យ៉ុនហ្គី 🖤 ផាក ជីមីន