CONTENDER ✔

By Kinza244

Finding his first love in his office, Taehyung felt quite happy despite his financial problems. Little did he... More

1: Meeting her
2: Teenager crush
3: Avoiding the curse
4: Keep it up
5: Whipped
6: Helper
7: Happy
8: Mr. Jeon
9: Not so bad
10: Jerk!
11: Ache
12: Getting ready
13: A try
14: Worse
15: Worst
16: New boss
17: Lashing out
18: Break
19: Second time
20: Stressing over
21: Duality
22: Dead end
23: Robber
24: Failed
25: Home?
26: Homeless
27: His need
28: Masked
29: Temporary home
30: Trust
31: Misunderstanding?
32: Not alone
33: Special warmth
34: Free of an accusation
35: Strong to weak
36: Hurt or hate?
37: Culprit
38: Blind
39: Hate?
40: Talk
41: His Peace
42: Open up
43: Longing
44: Someone special
45: Reasons
46: Unexpected
47: Not again
48: Heartbroken
50: Contender
51: Love or Loved
52: Afraid
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: 1
Bonus Chapter: 2

49: Once again

6.9K 434 98
By Kinza244

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

Jungkook was sitting on the couch, his hair falling over his eyes with a gloomy environment surrounding him. It was already about an hour since the brunet ran out of his house, leaving him in that state, for the second time.

Jeon Jayson, came out of his room on the eerie silence that he wasn't expecting after having a usually bubbly brunet in his house, well that's how his grandson defined the other.

"Kook? Where is Taehyung?" A deep frown settled on his slightly wrinkled skin when he saw his grandson slumped on the couch with a sad face.

"He is- he is gone, Dada." He mumbled out in a soft whisper-like tone.

"What- but Yoongi said that he would pick him up in the evening, why did he leave like that?!" The words sank down Jungkook's mind like a heavy stone in a water tub.

He shot up from the couch to get his phone. How can he forget about that? Dialing Taehyung's contact, he waited for a response but his heart dropped when the contact came out as off.

He will be fine, he will be there-

The chant was continuously ringing in his mind as he dialed Jin's contact, waiting for the other to pick up his call.

"Hi, Jungkook. How's everything going so far?"

Jin chirped from the other side.

"Hyung, are you- um- are you at Yoongi's place?"

"No. I'm still in the mall. Why?"

Jungkook bit his lip when he felt the other's changing tone.

"Taehyung left the house on his own just after I confessed to him." It was the only way, to tell the other truth.

There was silence for a moment before the older sighed.

"Yoongi isn't home. I'm also out. He's nowhere to go. You should've chased him!"

"I know, I'm sorry. I just- I was so shocked by his reaction even when I kinda excepted that. Let me ask Yoongi." With that, he ended the call when the other hummed in response.

Next, he called Yoongi who said that he was still in his office and that's when his heart dropped because Taehyung's number was still coming out of reach.

Jayson was getting worried just by looking at his grandson who was now panicking.

"Maybe, he is in some park. He needs some time, Kook. This isn't so easy for him."

"Dada- I don't know, but now my heart is very restless. I just want to know that he is fine." Jungkook muttered, pulling his hair harshly at his stupidity in letting the other go, again.

"First of all, calm down. You won't be able to think straight in this condition." Jayson patted his back and urged him to sit back on the couch while he tried Taehyung's contact but again, the number was off.

"If anything happens to him, I won't be able to forgive myself this time. I will die of this pain, Dada." Jungkook's words wavered at the end, more tears fell out of his eyes like raindrops.

Jayson, felt his own heart clenching after witnessing that, once again. He just wanted to see his grandson happy but it seemed like nature was not very fateful for the other.

"Jung- officer Jung!" Jungkook suddenly blurted out and dialed the said officer's contact in a hurry.

"Hey, Jeon. What's up?"

"Officer. I need your help, please help me locate a contact. It's urgent, please."

"Calm down, dude. Tell me slowly what's the actual matter."

Jungkook explained half of the part about how Taehyung left the house about an hour ago and was nowhere to be found, well not at the expected places.

"That's not how the law works but I'll do that for that boy. Send me his contact number and wait for a while."

______________

"It's been more than an hour! When will you send the van?" Minho seethed on someone on the phone but quickly looked back to find the brunet still out cold, laying on his bed with the blanket gently wrapped around him.

"Don't shout! It was you who postponed the plan but now, out of nowhere, you want everything done by today! Of course, it will take some time. This isn't easy to trespass the country boundaries."

On hearing that, Minho sighed frustrated, and looked around to see his bags packed and stacked in a corner.

"I get it but do it quickly. I don't know, how much time I'm left with."

"I'm trying, yeah? Just wait for a little while and be ready, for now, I'm sending the van to pick you up."

"Fine." He almost threw his phone on the wall but stopped. He was in need of that number, at least for a little longer.

Stepping forth to the bed, he softly sat beside the unconscious boy and gently caressed his hair with a small smile.

"You might hate me after that all but I don't wanna be alone, again. Everyone left me in my own abyss when you came out as a light." His hand stopped caressing the soft hairs and moved down to grab the hand instead but the burnt one came in his touch first, making him frown at the dark gash on the usual flawless skin.

Bringing the burnt hand up, he pressed his lips beside the burn and gently pecked there.

"It hurts to see you hurt and I'm truly sorry for hurting you in the past. I just wanted to have you to myself, that's why I did so." He mumbled, jaw clenching on the remainder of the crying brunet who was kicked out of the building.

"I wish, I wasn't a coward." He truly loathed himself for that all but he was blind, blind in need not in love.

____________

"I shared the last location the phone was on and the last contact he contacted before the number went off. The number is saved as Minho, someone known." Hoseok informed and Jungkook's eyes widened in horror.

"M- Minho?"

"Yeah. Do you know that guy? Is there any problem?"

"I don't know but-" The raven-haired hesitated. He did notice something in the eyes of the usually quiet man whenever he looked at Taehyung and he was also sure that the thing wasn't just friendship.

"Jeon, if you want, I can locate this contact as well, just in case."

Jungkook blinked and quickly muttered a 'yes'.

After taking his car keys, he left the house but of course, Jayson didn't let him go alone. Soon, they found themselves standing near a park where Taehyung's phone showed the last activity.

Though he couldn't find the phone, one thing was sure, Taehyung left on his own will because the area wasn't that empty to kidnap someone.

That thought made Jungkook feel more horrified. What if Taehyung really left him and went to Minho? But the brunet never saw the latter more than a friend so it could be just for some talk or anything.

"Jungkook, let's go. He just sent you the location of the other guy." Jayson showed him his phone which displayed another location.

An unknown feeling bubbled up in his heart when he drove to the place, mind full of many negative thoughts yet a few were positive.

Hoseok took the hint of the situation and informed his friend from the central Seoul station to accompany the Jeons.

___________

Another hour passed and now, Minho was literally fuming in anger. He practically gave up half of his savings for the purpose and now it was just delaying.

"Pick up the damn phone!" Taehyung slightly groaned at the loud shout but couldn't open his eyes as it felt so heavy.

"How much?

Ok. Fine." He heard the familiar voice speaking to someone, most probably on the call.

Steps reached closer to him and soon, a hand was placed over his cheek to caress.

"Taebaby, please forgive me for all of this. I'm really sorry for doing that without your permission, but I know, you'd never allow me that's why I've to do it this way."

Nothing made sense to his half-sleepy mind and the other continued.

"I'm normal but all of them called me names. I did nothing but they pushed me into that - that dark place for years. I was so lonely and afraid of coming back to life, but you made it way easier for me, love." The last word made Taehyung groan internally and he again tried to open his heavy eyelids, to fail again.

"You made me realize that- that I'm alive." The tone changed from gloomy to somewhat happier but everything was making the brunet feel uncomfortable as his hazy mind was still struggling with few words.

The hand moved towards his hair and settled on his neck afterward, the thumb was busy caressing his skin like before.

"I'm not ment-" The loud bangs on the door stopped the other who quickly averted his hand back.

Taehyung was left alone in the room after Minho went to the door to peep outside. His eyes widened in fear and anger when he found Jungkook standing there, purely worried.

"No no no.. what should I do now? I can't let them take my happiness once again! He is mine! He is mine baby!" Minho started blabbering, tugging over his hair, eyes roaming around to see anything of help when he found a baseball bat.

Taking that, he made it pass through the handles of the door to keep it locked as he himself rushed back to the room.

He did everything in so much rush, throwing his very much needed bags outside of the window that was on the opposite side of his front door, taking Taehyung on his back before jumping out as well.

"Open the door!" Jungkook was now full-on banging on the door as it was more than 10 minutes but no one responded yet.

To his luck, the police arrived sooner and did the same before taking down the door because the whole situation was fishy.

It took a while before the door opened and a bat fell down, making it more suspicious. The police force quickly spread around the whole house along with Jungkook who rushed inside to feel his heart clenching when he saw Taehyung's bracelet on the floor near the couch, confirming that the brunet is there.

He leaned down to pick it up. Maybe the bracelet fell or the brunet threw it willingly? But he focused on the first option and went to the senior officer.

"Officer! He is here, please find him, he is here!" The senior nodded and looked around to find the whole house empty except for the two bags that were lying beside the bed and an open window in the bedroom.

Two policemen jumped out as well to find a van rushing out of their view at the end of the long street, with a phone lying on the ground, broken.

"Don't worry, we will find him, Mr. Jeon." Assuring that, the officer rushed out of the house as well while calling someone, leaving a very much helpless Jungkook behind.

Jayson walked to Jungkook who was standing like a statue, looking at the bracelet while softly caressing the 've'.

"Jin and Yoongi are on their way as well. We will find him, Kook. Don't worry." Jayson softly said, guiding the younger out of the house to their car.

Once seated in the driving seat, Jungkook bumped his forehead on the steering wheel harshly before muttering the words.

"Don't tell me, I'm late.. please.. please be safe, baby."

But who knew, how late he was?

_______________

Assalam o alaikum! Happy Sunday 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 7.5K 43
"Do you think universe fights for souls to be together? Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences. My life was full of chaos, the cha...
280K 10.5K 22
[COMPLETED] "I fucking hate you Kim!" "Aww,then do you think I love you to the core? I also fucking hate you Jeon!" Taehyung and Jungkook hated each...
2.3M 107K 198
𝘈 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚, 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙖𝙡, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝘴𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘰𝘶𝘭, 𝘚𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘒𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘢. [Book 1, 2, & 3 Combined] ...
1M 45.3K 53
Things get interesting when Jimin started dating Jeon Jungkook ________________________ Highest Ranking #1 in Angst #3 in Jikook Date Started: Augus...