Golden Gate: New World Front

By VerySmokey

The fall of Afghanistan and the situation within the pacific has the United States begun to loosen its grip o... More

Chapter 1 - Call of remedy
Chapter 2 - continent of Gaia
Chapter 3 - Non magic world
Chapter 5 - San Francisco
Chapter 6 - The new world of america
Chapter 7 - baker beach
Chapter 8 - pleaders of elijah
Chapter 9 - the elf in the chambers
Chapter 10 - Bring the news!
Chapter 11 - Ballot for the new world
Chapter 12 - Terror within san Francisco
Chapter 13 - cabinet meeting.
Chapter 14 - The yankees are coming
Chapter 15 - called the marines!
Chapter 16 - The deal of a life time.
Chapter 17 - Ace of Spades
Chapter 18 - No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

Chapter 4 - preparation

2.8K 83 31
By VerySmokey

…..

….

The sea is calm and the weather is fair, The fog was thick, and no rays shone within the thick smog. A group of ships huddled around them the ships came of different sizes elves at the deck looked around with wyverns beside them looking around the at the haze, with 15, ships anchored within the deep water, many waited to have the main aspect to occur, as the ship leading upfront faced an endless mist, as a quick look beside them, two large old pillars, held on with nothing they were inquisitive in could be seen within these pillars. The pillars stood tall being taller than the ships they're aboard on, and with some elven sailors dumbfounded by the mere size of the pillar, and some looked below the deck to see this such pillar, with the leading ship posing between the pillars, the hooded mage stand alone with her staff holding many different artefacts with robed mages behind the elder, hold each other between together eyes shut, with them chanting behind the elder as she held on her staff pointing in front of her. Holding it with both arms, she could hear the clunking sounds from the artificial within the top part of the staff immediately begin to ring around her as she closed her eyes to chant out her words.

"Our great one!! For I must be in the humble request to open the greater portal to enter a realm, for I must seek the realm for this greater nation who I must ask for their humble aid!"

"This nation is nothing before, for my people will ask their unpretentious nation for their support for arms as my nation and its people around would be in grave danger! If not done fast!"

...

"This nation is called the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!"

The elder after and many of the mages behind her slowly opened their eyes, to see nothing but the endless mist all around, many mages around were too confused by the situation and some looked at each other remembering didn't mess the chant; while some looked each other turmoil, the elder knee down with setback, began to think that the chant she prepared didn't work as she plans and looking back at the many naval ships waiting along she felt a sudden defeat was allotted after the chanting did not function as she hoped.

As she tries to get up, the sudden shake begins to occur around the fleet with many sailors and mages huddling around several expecting some kind of sea monster attack, with weapons armed, the elder didn't bother as gazed at her side she watches in amazement with the pillars in begins to extend out with both heading on a different direction, she smiles and looked behind to see many too awestruck on the scene they looked upon, as an instant flash soon appears in front of them as the bright white light blinds many of the sailors. Gradually opening their eyes, the amazement from the sight was beholding for many of the sailors and the mage too soon smiled at the sight they were able to see, as the path was clear to enter, the mage looked back to see the captain standing beside her and the only thing she can do was be surprised the like others.

"What you are looking at, the captain is what they call. The americans!"

-----------------------------------------

The royal throne of Elijah.

3 days ago.

August 12th, 678 AD. 

With the capital being in different situations many within the walls, soon began to enlist while others left as the reports of the many towns and villages from the kingdom of Gallimard begins to fill up and having this news wasn't having it, at the southern gate which heads towards the port town, the walls inner gates got themselves traffic as nobles and poor people within their wagons rushed in quickly with many of the guards having a hard time. Even if the people fled, many remained as some soon initiated to enlist with many expecting an adventure and victory on this so-called "victories less war"

Having to behold her nation with her very own eyes, Galadriel and her councils all sat down as many of her military officials and some who recently returned from the borders, with some military officials that are stationed within their capital many of these officials wore different uniforms with many having various colours on what branch they serve, retaining all be sat down, looking directly towards their majesty, all were quiet as a tomb and some waited for this meeting to be on the motion. Having the top view seeing many patiently waiting for her words to utter, she exhaled and looked back at the crowd.

"My generals and high ranking officials I thank you many for joining this conference, it's an honour that many of you have joined at a time like this."

The crowd only clapped, from the response and maidens behind so too clapped as well, with many eyeing on her she cleared her voice to continue her conference.

"Our kingdom as of now is currently walking in a thin string with many of its allies now dropping like flies, the current situation is now a dangerous one as the feeling of a full invasion of our kingdom could occur."

"This became a reality after our alliance with the kingdom of Gallimard was currently being invaded by them and this shows that these uniforms will attack us sooner after defeating the kingdom of Gallimard!"

Officials within the throne, know what about the current situation with some knowing there are been some requesting, for their forces to help them defend an allied kingdom, even so, many agreed that their limited forces show that there not willing to send men from a kingdom who haven't done much for the association they had between them; even Galadriel understands that, as she gazed back to the crowd she continues.

"Our once allies are defeated, no matter how many highly trained men we sent them to fight, none wouldn't return, and they would ask more from us without providing us what we needed! Our situation is grim. We don't know what these humans would do to us if they ever come to these lands!"

"That saying…. my general and people, the elder mage has found a solution for this dilemma!"

She immediately soon backed away giving the mage some room to watch in front to introduce herself to the many people within the royal throne, she bowed and introduced herself.

"My name is Lillian bell. You can be the elder mage. And for this, I have brought the situation to our problems and it is on this map!"

Immediately after so, the elder soon pointed her staff toward the roof with instant flash imitating at the tip of the staff, doing so the bright light forms a door like a portal, and many dumbfounded on what there looking, the sight of large skyscrapers dumbfounded many within the room some gawked and many whispered each other at the sight there looking and having to see this, the mages sees that he got everyone's attention and continues.

"Before we were in this war, I and a few elders went to the greater realm to see what things our country uses for the sake of the economy or agriculture one nation I had sensed were a nation who lives in a world where no war exists due to their existence for freedom and liberties! Our people will be enslaved and seeing this nation fight for us because they do will show that this nation they call America will surely be willing to fight alongside us and win this so-called victory-less war!"

The portal she expected to open continues to brighten within the room with many just noticing the skyscrapers of the city of San Francisco, even if it is impressive to look at, didn't take long till few of the officials within the room, some of who are more traditional, immediately notice its missing walls and the missing forts. Even with many of the officials seeing what she was doing, some began to disagree and with many liking the idea some immediately got up and requested the purpose.

"Elder! our kingdom would soon be endangered by being invaded by a nation filled with evil impure humans who desire to kill anything they encountered. What you are doing isn't helping the damn situation!"

"General! Please calm down I have~"

Not finishing her verdict, the military official within the ground snaps at the elder mage, looking towards her with a death glare infuriated by what he was made to do.

"I came back from the borders to listen to a conference and this isn't  HELPING! I have men... at the borders waiting for my orders and I was forced to be sent here and the conference isn't helping at all! WE ARE IN A WAR DAMMIT! ELDER! we currently trying to process even if we do it this nation would not help u~"

"Quiet down general! You are shouting in front of your majesty!"

"I AM QUIET DOWN IT'S JUST BECAUSE I WA~"

Bangs from the wooden hammer were heard around the royal throne causing the short outburst to end in a second, the raging military officials gazed back towards the royal chair, seeing that his majesty was now glaring towards her, his mistake hit him hard and immediately apologised to the queen.

"My apologies, your majesty! I have no right to interfere in this conference!"

Hearing this, gave a smile to Galadriel and slowly, nodding her head towards him, the general smiled and immediately sat down to continue listening to this conference. The elder clearing her voice once more looked back at the crowd to continue her talks earlier.

"Like what I was saying… unfortunately due to how weak our magic is capable of opening such a large gate, my people went to the grand archive, to read the old texts about the small geography about the world of realms, we have found from those old texts is that greater ancient mana pillars were placed down on this nation we seek for aid, were never been discovered for over 400 years, having this we also found were our pillars can be found and having some quick checking we found that this is where this gate would open."

Immediately after, the small gate closes with the bright light immediately changing towards a map facing down towards a very small island that below within the coast, with the elder pointing onto it, many looked on with an interest they wanted to know more with this nation.

"This small island, 1 kilometre away from it, two pillars can be used to open a gate between us and them without any problems, as the gate can last around 50 years without any problems! From there my expedition force will soon head towards this kingdom to ask for aid in this war!"

"We request a small force of more than 30 ships to be provided, as we intend to sail towards these pillars to seek this nation and bring their navy and their army to this world to aid us in this war!"

"Any questions?"

In seconds many within the room soon got noisy with many looking at each other while others argued, with the elder's message many within the room, wasn't having it with many of the branches fighting between each other. Words were heard around with some agreeing on her suggestion while others didn't, rather striking to the ones they retain, while many started to obscure the room.

The elder looked back at her majesty with the face filled with confusion, and having her room being roughly around, Galadriel snapped and snapped her fingers causing a sort of wind to flow around the room, the breeze was felt all around and many who argued quietly looked at the direction it came.

"QUIET!"

Immediately so, many soon bowed towards her and having them be looking in front many presently apologise towards her.

"My apologies to your majesty!!"

Having many saying they're sorry, Galadriel could only smile from the sight with her immediately lowering her hand as a sight for all to sit down, have all been a sitten, Galadriel asked the officials for any opinions or suggestions for this operation.

"The idea of the elder mage isn't something we can miss, having our nation be in the blink of an invasion we should ask this nation for their aid of support! Having said I request for anyone to voice out this suggestion"

Quiet at first, as she waited for a while immediately after, among the crowded people sitting one stood up wearing a dark yellow uniform.

"Your majesty, for all due respect but in my humble opinion, this idea is something, not a good idea as our low manpower and this nation we haven't even contacted before could give us some problems… I get this feeling that this country your mages plan to seek could be a nation that plans to defeat our enemy while having a new territory there… Who knows what those people you call Americans would do to us!"

Scepticism would be brought, as she expected for the elder ones brought the idea of the Americans being a potential threat.

"Even so your majesty, this nation who you say had endless victories my chances that they will attend to what we asked wouldn't function… As a nation whose building reaches the sky, I get this feeling that it's not here because of us, but a new world that will soon take over!"

"Your majesty! Please reconsider this. Our nation requires the proper alliance we have, as we don't have the materials to do this expedition! Neither have the fortune for paying these americans!"

Having said that in front of Galadriel and the elder, Galadriel begins to rethink about this American expedition planned out so far, she thinks through the official suggestion, as her mind soon divides her into either stopping or continuing this expedition. A quick gaze at the elder and seeing her face not wanting to give up shows that she was confident that the new worlders they plan to seek would be needed in this world. Even so, the elder looked back at the crowd as she expected more. And immediately after one stood up to query about her ideas.

“Elder… I thank you for this intention but chances are that we are not able to pull this off… you had shown off what this nation capital looks like without giving us a bigger picture, we have no idea of what part of their capital we can land on as you haven't provided us with a map of what their landmass is, the only thing I had seen was their tall towers without any vegetation. And considering that we have only 30,000 readies for combat, I don't want to spend HALF of my men in this new world!"

Immediately after, the general sat down gazing back at the elder seeing that his point was given, having said that the elder after looking back at Galadriel replied to the general of her actual intention.

"Thank you, general. But I don't plan to do something like that as we plan to use more than 25 or 30 warships or axillary ships for this expedition, what I plan is to convince the people of the united states on a more peaceful approach as this will make us more approachable, having that said request from her majesty suggested me to bring only 50 men along from the old guard regiment as a bodyguard if things get sour…."

"Are there any cons to this?"

Having her asserted so, she waited for a response from the crowd anticipated for some time, and immediately after among in front, was an elven wearing a blue naval uniform, standing up among his peers he was known as admiral Alhambra Mullen. A high ranking admiral.

"But even so, we have only 120 warships within the fleet, grabbing 30 isn't necessary as the fleet plans to use them for the potential naval threat of this empire! Your majesty, do you attend to give them the ships they requested?"

Glancing towards the admiral sitting in front, she smiled towards him and gave her final answer.

"I do plan for the elder to have a small range of boats and have her get everything for this expedition, these Americans I have sawn for my very eyes, will help us!"

Leaving no options, the admiral sat down quietly seeing that her mind was made up and the plans for a new naval expedition would be soon allotted, with the request of 15 ships the naval officer saw it as not a problem as they left with only 105 ships within their current fleet. With the current plans concluding that they will seek the Americans, Galadriel before dismissing thanked everyone as she saw it being the conclusion of the conference.

"I humbly thank everyone within this room for joining this conference, despite being short, this lecture will have us bring this nation to our soil and help us on this war! As for everyone you may all be dismissed."

Shortly after everyone within the throne room, got up not before bowing towards their majesty. And immediately they faced towards the door to head out after the conference ended. With everyone heading towards the front door, the elder mage looked back at Galadriel questioning if she did manage to do so.

"Your majesty. I'm not sure you have fully convinced everyone within the room. I'm sure some disagreed with this expedition…"

"But even so elder… Your idea of having a foreign nation aid us in this war would be vital for our survival. Don't think hard about your actions, think about how many people you have saved for this action… I know that America has the heart to do it."

Lilian was enlightened by Galadriel, with her smiling towards her after saying her expressions towards her, having that quick look tell her not having a lot of time, and before she could excuse a loud bash was heard from the door causing many within the room to look towards it. The two large doors with open together officials who were at the door instantly back off with many surprises at what happened, soon what they saw was a group with guards behind them yelling at the group, with them pointing their spears and swords at them, the group who marched towards Galadriel's throne unexpectedly, was a monarch that she immediately realized.

"Princess Murray falledor?"

In Front of Galadriel was the princess of the kingdom of Leilo, breathing rapidly at her with an enraged look, and her knight covered in mud or muck around. As they point their blades behind at the guards.

"Afternoon majesty….. It's been a while since I heard from you. I see that nothing much has happened in your kingdom or even your borders. Your kingdom feels like a comfortable haven, all those screaming I heard from the night is long gone to hear as what I heard from the morning were the chirping of the birds."

"Well, I'm glad that you got away so what~"

The princess snaps in front of Galadriel with her face redder as she glares toward the queen.

"your majesty!! YOU are a fucking traitor!! My father had waited for your forces to arrive and yet you didn't, MY KINGDOM had fallen from those HUMANS and yet you hadn't assisted me from fleeing! All you did was stay and watch! WHAT MADE YOU NOT SEND THEM!"

The angered voice from the young princess was heard around the throne, with Galadriel hearing it full ears, she said nothing at first but immediately so she looked back at the princess further way as her bounces echoed towards her.

"Your nation hasn't done anything for us nor military exercises and no princess my generals did send them but once your kingdom feels I had to redraw."

"You sent your men to my kingdom that late?! It took them 2 months to siege the capital. You had two months to send them!!"

"I didn't send my forces to your kingdom... Because I had time I did it because I was lacking in manpower and the fact that our allies from the kingdom of Augustinian were needed for the support, I cant send tw~"

"Stop lying Galadriel! what made you not send troops to my kingdom??"

She said nothing with Galadriel silent as ever, she shrugged at the princess.

"My kingdom is at the potential invasion with these humans, once they arrived we plan to have my remaining men to use as defenders for this possible siege, we dont have the manpower to send an army towards your kingdom and this is the last time I say so."

"YOU BITCH!"

immediately so, the princess draws out a small blade from her right hip with her pointing towards Galadriel. The immediate threat was shown in their very eyes as officials and guards within the room many waves of panic, as they too pulled out their swords and the realisation hit on the princess. With more than 30 men within the room drawn out their blades towards her group, she begins to tear and shortly she drops her blade at the ground.

"MY FATHER IS GONNA GET KILLED! Send your forces there and save my father!"

….

Crying out from the princess, the queen said nothing back with her looking at the ground not reacting towards her,  seeing that nothing would be brought to them, the immediate tears from the princess ended with her looking back at the group.

"We are leaving!"

Hearing this made her knights follow and shortly after the group soon left not before leaving a glare at Galadriel. With her gone many of the officials within the room holstered their blades within their side and seeing that short event ended, many cons out, With her and her generals gone, Galadriel looked back at the elder, watching all this occur with the elder wanting to not discuss it.

"So what happens?" The elder asked in a confused face.

"You will leave within 3 days, bring those Americans here, those humans will come for our neck."

The elder chuckles with an order from Galadriel and immediately so she turned back and walked back, with her steps quietly gone she looked in front for her doors to be closed and thinking about what would come she memorized the city she saw with the elder along, she believes they would come and this feeling was given since the day she saw.

The golden gate, let my people enter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 239 7
After being completely cut off from Earth after a severe storm and earthquake, America finds itself in era of war and peace and that happens to be an...
23.1K 1K 31
In 2048, the United States was moving toward a second frontier era, a second Manifest Destiny across the solar system. Then, one day, thanks to a str...
39.4K 1K 45
March 17, 2023, the day where humanity's future has been shifted immensely. Some kind of planet or whatever it is has appeared near earth and despite...
25K 682 25
The Nations of the Five Power Defence Arrangements; the United Kingdom, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and New Zealand were mysteriously transported...