I'm Her Boyfriend?! (HAYG Seq...

By GrexyMazing

"Could it be possible for the heart to remember what the mind have forgotten?" ~*~ This is a sequel to 'H... More

FOREWORD
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 1: Not to Greyson...
CHAPTER 2: Last two years...
CHAPTER 3: Where's Lauren?
CHAPTER 4: Morgan?
CHAPTER 5: Time to get closer to my bestfriend...
CHAPTER 6: Here comes Lauren..
CHAPTER 7: I remember...
CHAPTER 8: Like a boss
CHAPTER 9: Oh, Greyson
CHAPTER 10(Part 1): Reason 1 & 2
CHAPTER 10(Part 2): Reason 3
CHAPTER 11: When Lauren came into the picture...
CHAPTER 12: I wanted us to start all over again
CHAPTER 13: Reason 4
CHAPTER 14: Sunshine and City Lights
CHAPTER 15: Oh, shit!
CHAPTER 16: "It ain't my fault"---"Just friends"
CHAPTER 17: Everything's okay... ALMOST
CHAPTER 18: Total Chaos
CHAPTER 19: "You're being sweet again, Keaton."
CHAPTER 20: Triple shit
CHAPTER 21: I can smell success
CHAPTER 22: That ends it.
CHAPTER 23: "He's a jerk, but I love him."
CHAPTER 24: Life must go on
CHAPTER 26: Letting go
CHAPTER 27: The kiss
CHAPTER 28: Kissing monster
CHAPTER 29: Hope
AUTHOR'S NOTE (IMPORTANT)
CHAPTER 30: Issues + Upcoming Revelation
CHAPTER 31: The favor and the promise.
CHAPTER 32: Twists and Turns
CHAPTER 33: Weird acts + The plan
CHAPTER 34: Heart Alert
CHAPTER 35: What will happen?
CHAPTER 35(Part 2): The jerk and the dork's story ends here? Or not?
CHAPTER 36: Playing games
CHAPTER 37: Revelations
CHAPTER 38: Giving up
CHAPTER 39: More Revelations
CHAPTER 40: Choosing Him
CHAPTER 41: Confusion
CHAPTER 42: It's Time
CHAPTER 43: Better Off This Way
CHAPTER 44: Scared
CHAPTER 45: 10th Reason
CHAPTER 46: Out Of My League
Hey! :)
SEQUEL!!!!!

CHAPTER 25: Feel Again

5.2K 101 74
By GrexyMazing

"Aye! These are my expectations for that perfect story above. Keaton and [YN] would be more closer than ever. Then [YN] will move on. Then [YN] knows that Keaton's sick. Then she cried a lot then she finds some stuffs that make Keaton lose the his problem inside. Then she kept on praying for Keaton and something made a miracle or something. I'm so weird. Then they became happy again and they both moved to NYC to study collage together. Then they became together again. Then Greyson went to the same resto where the incident happen. Then some staffs told the whole story to Greyson. Then Greyson started to talk to Lauren and Morgan then Morgan started to tell the truth. Then Greyson cried for months cause Nikki told Greyson that [YN] went to some other places she doesn't know. Then Greyson remebered everything after fighting to Lauren. The Greyson become a crazy dude. Drinking everynight and doing some bad things always. Then Greyson has a concert in NYC but he's still sad. But he saw something which can broke his heart. He saw [YN] and Keaton enjoying things together in NYC. Then they saw each other. Then Greyson cried then [YN] saw Staci and some people around then back in years. Then Greyson's still like crazy because of the old bad decision he did. That he choosed Lauren not [YN]. Then... More..."

-ChanceBucks

A/N: ChanceBucks... ILOVEYOU. <3

Hohohohohoho! I'm baccccck! \*O*/ I hope you still know me! :D Okay, so, I really don't know if this update is worth your long wait. :'( I suffered from a MAJOR WRITER'S BLOCK AND OH GOD I DON'T WANNA EXPERIENCE THAT AGAIN. NEVER.

This is quite long. :"> They're not really sweet here because YN is brokenhearted. :(

AND OH! READ END NOTES. (;

~*~

*KEATON*

2:24 P.M.

Loving someone doesn’t mean you have to be sad when that person is sad too. As much as possible, you have to do every possible thing you can imagine just to put that smile on her face again. That kind of smile that makes you fall in love over and over again.

So, here I am driving on the road with YN. I’m planning to bring her to Santa Monica Pier. I just love that place-- the view of the sun setting by the beach in particular. I wanted to experience watching the sunset again with her, play arcades, ride the roller coaster and the Ferris wheel and eat ‘til were bloated.

We finally reached the destination. I pulled off the car on the car park and looked at YN.

“S-santa Monica Pier?” YN looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

“Why?” I asked, bothered.

“Greyson and I u-used to come here.” YN said and tears swelled up in her eyes.

I sighed. What a fail, Keaton. “I’m sorry. D-do you want to go somewhere else?”

She raised her head up and blinked multiple times before looking back at me. “N-no. L-let’s just go out and finish this day.”

Once again, I heaved out a sigh. “YN, I’m sorry.”

“F-for what?”

“I know you really don’t like to go out but I insisted. I’m really sorry. I can just drive you to your work.” I smiled at her but it didn’t reach my eyes. I’m hurting because she’s hurting. Yes, she was smiling earlier back in the apartment but it wasn’t the genuine one that I used to love.

She closed her eyes and deeply breathed. “I’m sorry.” She opened her eyes and smiled at me. It was still the same smile back in the apartment; sad and heartbreaking. “I promise to enjoy this day without thinking about him. I promise to forget all of the burdens I’m carrying and I will just enjoy this day,” she paused. “with you.”

“A-are you sure? I mean, you don’t have to if you really don’t like. I’ll understand.”

She shook her head. “Since we saw each other again, we haven’t bonded together. I think, today is the perfect time. We need to catch up about a lot of things.” She smiled half-heartedly. “So, let’s go?”

I smiled. “Okay. C’mon.” She was about to open the car door when I realized something. “No.” I held her arm.

“Huh?”

“Don’t open it. Wait.” I went out of the car and went on the side of the car where she is sitting and opened the car door for her. I offered my hand at her and smiled. “May I hold your hand?” She deeply breathed and smiled before placing her hand on top of my palm.

She wore her Raybans and combed her hair using her other hand. As long as she stepped out of the car, everyone’s eyes on the car park were on us. I squeezed her hand and let go of it. She looked up on me. “Why?”

I leaned down on her ear a little so people who are close to us wouldn’t hear. “People’s eyes are on us.”

She looked around then she held my hand. I was caught off guard. “Let them stare. I don’t care.”

“But—“

“Greyson and I are over if that’s what you’re worrying about.” She said quietly but just enough for me to hear. “So no one would get hurt if ever they took pictures of us holding hands. Besides,” she raised our hands. “It isn’t intertwined. It’s just a friendly holding hands. No one would get mad. Unless, you have a girlfriend?”

I shook my head. “I don’t have one.”

“Then, that’s it. Let’s go and don’t mind them.”

So, like what she said, I didn’t mind the people staring at us and those people who are taking pictures. We kept walking hand in hand while looking around. Santa Monica Pier doesn’t have lots of tourists today so it’s nice to walk around because it’s not crowded. We stayed silent while walking and I’m fine with that. As long as I’m with her today and I’m holding her hand, I’m happy.

Then all of a sudden she stopped from walking. She looked up to me. “Where to?”

“Hmmm. I dunno. Where do you wanna go?”

“Arcade?” She suggested.

I smiled. “Okay. Then maybe after we could go to the ocean front walk then we could pay a visit to the historic carousel.” I suggested.

“Ocean front walk! There are restaurants there.”

I nodded. “Yeah, and maybe we could take out some food and then eat by the beach and watch sunset together.” I said the three last words quietly but just enough for her to hear.

She smiled. “That’s a great idea. I miss watching sunset. I haven’t watched sunset since…” She bit her lip and looked down. “Since Greyson took me on a date by the beach on our ninth month.” I squeezed her hand because she might cry. She shook her head then she looked up to me. “I’m sorry about that.”

“It’s okay YN. I understand.”

She heaved out a heavy sigh. “Let’s get going then. I wanna play to forget everything.” She grinned—a fake one. Then she started walking, dragging me.

I looked at her and then to our hands then back to her. As she drags me, I muttered a silent prayer.

I wanna see this girl smile—a genuine one-- before I leave this planet. I want her to laugh again not minding any problem that might come after she laughed. I want her to feel loved again. I want her to be happy… with the one she loves. God, if that happens within a month, I need not to wait for my dying day, because the time I’ll see her smile and laugh and be happy genuinely, I could die right there and then.

~*~

“Hahahahaha! I don’t think you could dance like that Keaton! Hahahaha! You look like a retarded donkey.” I watched YN as she throws her head back laughing.

I blushed in embarrassment at remembering what happened back at the Dance-Dance Revolution. A total embarrassment. Me and dance doesn’t go in the same sentence but she made me play that damn game. “Stop it, YN. I know you can dance better than me. You don’t have to—“

I didn’t finish what I was about to say because she started laughing again. I sighed and smiled. She was laughing. Not the fake one, but the laugh I used to love-- the laugh that sounded music to my ears.

Know what?

I’m willing to dance forever just for her to have that laugh permanently.

She stopped laughing and bit her lip. “Uhm, Keaton?” I immediately changed my expression. I frowned at her. “Uhm… Err—B-but you were cute!” She raised her right hand. “Promise!  I had fun watching you.” She smiled and nodded.

I shot her a fake glare and raised my index finger. I was ready to tickle her. “So, I looked like a retarded donkey?”

“Hehe.” She took a step back. “K-keaton. I was just joking.”

I took a step forward and she stepped back again. “Jokes are half-meant.” I said seriously and kept stepping forward because she keeps stepping back.

She raised both of her hands. “Keaton, I will not be responsible for your injuries if you tickle me. I’m telling you.”

I flashed an evil grin. “You think you’re stronger than me, miss?”

 “Keatoooooon!” She yelled causing the other people to look at our direction. “You were cute! Promise! Now, please put down your hand.” She whined.

“No.” I ran towards her and started to tickle her. She can’t do anything but to laugh and hit my arm.

“Hahahahaha—Kea---Hahaha—ton! Stop—Hahaha!”

I stopped and gasped for air. My arms hurt. This girl can bring such pain.

She bends placing both of her hands on her knees. “I hate you.”

I laughed. “I love you too.”

YN stood straight and her expression changed. “W-what?”

I shook my head. “Joke.”

“You said jokes are half-meant.”

I smiled at her. “Then be it.” I placed my arm around her shoulders then glanced at my wristwatch. “It’s nearly five. Come, let’s order some food and find a nice place on the shore.”

“O-okay.” She stammered.

*sigh* If only you knew how much I still love you, YN.

“What do you want to eat?” I asked.

“Uhm, I’m craving for burgers.” She licked her lips and all of a sudden I want to kiss her.

Aish! Keaton. Stop.

“Then we’ll head over to Back On The Beach. Let’s go.”

~*~

 “Their blue burger is so good!” YN said while munching her burger. We’re sitting by the shore and waiting for the sun to set. “This is definitely my new favorite.”

“I agree.” I said as I took a bite on my burger.

“Let’s go back here again.”

I looked at her and she was sipping her smoothie. “I’d love to.” She looked at me and smiled.

We finished eating without anyone talking. We just enjoyed watching the view. Well actually, I wasn’t really looking at the sunset; I’m looking at YN, because if there’s any view that is a hundred times greater than the sunset, it would be her. I pulled out my phone in my pocket and took a picture of her. She didn’t seem to notice because she’s awed by the view. I smiled and decided to amaze myself with the view of the sunset too. I inched closer to YN and she looked at me. I just smiled and she smiled back. She placed her head on top of my shoulder and she hugged her knees. I suddenly felt a sudden eruption of butterflies inside my stomach. I smiled at getting that same feeling again every time she gets close to me. I love it.

This is perfect.

I silently wished for this moment not to end. I silently wished for these butterflies on my stomach to keep flying. I silently wished for the time to stop so she could just sit right here beside me. I silently wished for her to be mine… again.

I shook my head mentally. That would never happen again. Who would want to be committed with a boy dying in less than a month? No one. Truth hurts. That’s reality. By this time I should accept that I’ll be gone anytime soon. I should accept that I’ll be leaving her.

But of course, like what I promised to myself—I wouldn’t leave her unhappy. Because it’s not just enough that you love someone. You have to make sure that the one you love is happy. Even if that means, giving her back to the one person she truly loves.

“I’m going to miss you.” I said out of the blue. The sun already set but everyone in the shore remained quiet. Maybe they can’t get over with the breathtaking view earlier. I felt YN pulled her head up so I looked at her. She has a confused expression written on her face.

“You’re going to miss me? W-why? Are you going back to Australia again?” A hint of sadness is obvious in her tone.

“No. I won’t be coming back to Australia but I’ll be going somewhere else.”

“W-where?”

“To a happy place.”

“H-happy place? What? When?”

“I don’t know. But when that time comes, I’ll make sure you’re happy.” I tried my best to smile. She lifted her one eyebrow and was about to say something. “Come now. Let’s go to the Pacific Park.” I stood up and dust off the sand on my pants. I looked down at her and offered my hand. “I wanna ride the roller coaster.” I saw her hesitated for a moment but she smiled and took my hand. She dusts off herself as well without letting go of my hand.

We were about to walk away from the shore when two girls approached us; a blonde and a brunette. They look like they were a year or two younger than us. They stood in front of us.

“Uhm, hi!” The blonde said. Her eyes moved from YN to me.

We both smiled. “Hello.” YN said.

“I’m Hayley.” The brunette said.

“And, I’m Neri.” The blonde said.

“We can’t help but noticed, you are [Your Full Name] right?” Hayley said.

YN nodded. “How do you know me?”

Neri smiled. “How can we not? You’re Greyson Chance’s girlfriend.” I looked at YN and she was taken aback. These girls should know how to keep their mouth shut. Oh, Keaton. These girls don’t even know they broke up yesterday. “But we’ve been watching the both of you since we arrived here. You look sweet.” She continued while glancing at our locked hands.

YN looked at me, her eyes are asking for help. I looked at the two girls and smiled at them. I slowly loosen my grip on YN’s hand. “We’re best friends. I’m Keaton.”

They both nodded. “Aww. I wish I had a guy best friend too.” Neri said.

“Yeah! They said it’s the best thing!” Hayley agreed.

“It’s really the best thing.” YN said.

“Okay then, can we take a picture with you?” Hayley said to YN then she pulled out something in her pocket. It’s an iPhone.

YN smiled. “Sure.”

“Okay, I’ll take the picture.” I volunteered. Hayley handed her phone to me and she and Neri moved beside YN. “Okay. 1, 2, 3, smile!” I gave Hayley her phone back.

“Would you mind if I take a picture with you too?” Hayley smiled.

I shook my head. “Not at all.” She gave the phone to Neri and we pose for a picture.

Hayley smiled. “Thank you YN and Keaton.”

I and YN just gave them a smile. We walked passed them, but we just only took a few steps when someone called YN’s name. We both turned our heads and saw Neri and Hayley smiling. “Take care of Greyson! I hope you both will last forever!” Neri shouted.

“We’ll ship you to infinity and beyond!” Hayley added then they both waved their hands as a goodbye.

I saw YN bowed her head down then I heard her sniff.

She’s crying.

“YN.” I said quietly as I rub her back.

“It’s impossible.” YN said in between sniffs.

“What?”

“It’s impossible that we’ll last forever because we’re over.” She was crying silently. I inched closer to her and hugged her. It pains me to see her like this.

“Ssssh, YN. Don’t cry please. Remember? We’re here to have fun.” I pulled her away. She looked down but I lifted her chin up. I tried to catch her gaze but she won’t look at me. I used the end of my shirt to dry her eyes and cheeks.

“I—I’m s-sorry, Keaton.” She sniffed then she smiled. “You’re right. We’re here to have fun. Let’s go retarded donkey!” She held my hand and she started running while dragging me.

~*~

“Ticket for two please.” I told the girl on the ticket counter.

“That would be $10, sir.” I pulled out $10 on my wallet and handed it to her. She smiled and handed me the tickets. I looked at YN and she was quiet. We walk to the roller coaster and sat on the first seat.

I glanced at YN and she was still quiet. I held her hand and she looked at me. “Are you afraid?”

She smiled but it didn’t reach her eyes. “Me? Afraid? Of course not!” She tried to laugh but she failed. I know she’s not afraid. When it comes to things like this, she’s always game. I guess, she’s still affected with what Hayley and Neri said to her.

“YN, you’ll get hurt more if you deny what you really feel. Don’t fake a laugh when inside you’re crying. I understand YN. I do.”

She bit her lip. Bullseye. . “K-keaton.”

“I thought bringing you here would ease the pain you’re feeling or at least lessen it, but I think I failed. I’m not giving up though. We still have time.”

She flashed a weak smile and squeezed my hand. “Thank you and I’m really sorry.”

I gave her an assuring smile. “It’s alright.”

The ride started. I saw YN smiling. She’s trying.

The roller coaster stopped at the peak for a while then it boosts down rapidly. Everyone started screaming including YN.

“WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!” She let go of my hand and raised it like what a usual rider of a roller coaster would do.

I did it too. “I STILL LOVE YOU YN!” I yelled at the top of my lungs.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?” I heard YN yelled.

I looked at her and she was smiling. I just shook my head as an answer. She shrugged that and continued screaming again, joining everyone on the ride.

~*~

“That. Was. So. Much. Fun.” YN told me for like a hundredth time. We just finished our round three of roller coaster.

“Don’t tell me you want another?” I asked; gasping for air.

“Please?” She pouted.

I shook my head rapidly. “No. No. No. Thrice is enough.”

She held the sleeve of my shirt. “But—“

“YN, let’s ride the Ferris wheel instead.”

Her eyes sparkled. “Ferris wheel?”

I nodded and offered my hand to her. “But… the roller coaster.” She said, hesitating.

“We’re going back here. I promise. And we can ride the roller coaster for how many times you want.”

She held out her pinky to me. “Pinky promise?”

I smiled and held her pinky. “Pinky promise. Now, let’s go.”

~*~

*YOU*

Keaton tried his best to make me happy today. He didn’t fail-- though the first few hours were really devastating. It all faded away when we watched the sunset by the shore. It was the nicest thing ever. I felt relieved to know that Keaton was on my side, trying to help me out. He didn’t get annoyed even I cried for how many times. He’s still concern.

I’m thinking, if… if he didn’t leave me… maybe, maybe we’re still together.

Maybe I’m not hurting.

Maybe I’m still happy.

“Come.” Keaton offered his hand to me. He was now holding a… guitar? Wait, where did he get that? 

“Where did you get that guitar?”

“I borrowed this from that guy over there,” He said pointing the fat guy that was on the ticket counter. “I’ll sing.” He gave me a sweet smile. I felt my heart flutter for an unknown reason.

We both sat down and were waiting for the complete turn of the ride.

I remembered my first time I rode this Ferris wheel. It was when I and Greyson went out on a fake date. I was just his ‘hired girlfriend’ when that happened. Memories.

To tell you honestly, the fact that we broke up yesterday haven’t sunk in to my mind completely. A broken heart doesn’t heal overnight. I’m with Keaton, yes… but flashes of memories from Greyson kept pouring. That gave me guilt.

This smiling guy in front of me, holding a guitar is trying to make me happy.

And yet, I couldn’t give back the favor.

Keaton started strumming the guitar and that’s when I knew the ride has started.

(Now Playing: Feel Again by One Republic: Acoustic Cover)

[A/N: Video on the side. Open it on a new tab (:]

“It's been a long time coming since I've seen your face

I've been everywhere and back trying to replace

Everything that I had 'til my feet went numb

Praying like a fool that's been on the run

A song by One Republic. I smiled to myself. I remember Keaton sang that to me on the phone exactly at midnight for our third month.

Heart's still beating but it's not working

It's like a million dollar phone that you just can't ring

I reached out trying to love but I feel nothing

Yeah, my heart is numb

But with you

I feel again

Yeah, with you

I can feel again

Woo-hoo [x4]

He smiled. His face lit up and I can see he’s blushing. I knew that expression. He’s like that when he’s singing for the one he’s in love with. Not to brag or anything, but I get the expression a lot every time he sings for me.

I'm feeling better ever since you know me

I was a lonely soul but that's the old me

Could it be possible that he’s in love right now? But, with whom? With me? I shook my head mentally. It’s impossible. It’s been two years.

A long time coming since I've seen your face

I've been everywhere and back trying to replace

Everything that I broke 'til my feet went numb

Praying like a fool just shot of a gun

Whatever it is he’s feeling right now; in love or not… There’s one thing I’m sure of…

Heart still beating but it's not working

It's like a hundred thousand voices that just can't sing

I reached out trying to love but I feel nothing

Oh, my heart is numb

I miss his singing voice.

But with you

I feel again

And with you

I can feel again

But with you

(I'm feeling better ever since you know me)

I feel again

(I was a lonely soul but that's the old me)

Yeah, with you

(I'm feeling better ever since you know me)

I can feel again

(I was a lonely soul)

Woo-hoo [x5]

I'm feeling better ever since you know me

I was a lonely soul, but that's the old me

I'm feeling better ever since you know me

I was a lonely soul, but that's the old me

I'm feeling better ever since you know me

I was a lonely soul, but that's the old me

I'm feeling better ever since you know me

I was a lonely soul but that's the old me

A little wiser now but you show me

Yeah, I feel again

Feel again...”

.

He finished the song with a grin plastered on her face.

“You still got your voice, Keaton.” I smiled at him.

“Well, of course.” He cockily said. I hit his arm playfully and he just laughed.

“Thank you for this day, Keaton. It might not be obvious but somehow, you made me forget what happened yesterday. You made me happy.”

“That’s what I’m living for.” Keaton smiled.

The ride stopped and we both went down. Keaton approached the fat guy and he handed the guitar to him. He said ‘Thank you’ and we both walked away.

“So, let’s go home now.” Keaton said.

“Yeah. I’m tired.” I said stretching my arms.

~*~

Keaton parked the car on the driveway of Nikki’s apartment. He went out of the car and opens the car door for me. Forever a gentleman.

“Thank you again, Keaton.” I smiled and gave him a hug.

He hugged me back. “Thank you too.” He whispered. I felt him kissed my head.

“How sweet.”

Keaton and I pulled away from each other when we heard a familiar voice.

“G-greyson?”

~*~

A/N: GREYSON! :o

SO, WHAT DO YOU THINK GREYSON IS DOING IN THERE? BEST ANSWER GETS THE DEDICATION. (;

ILOVEYOU. KEEP SWAGGIN'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 926 37
"Who are you?" His eyes widened. "(Y/n)... How could you not remember me?" I was astonished. "W-what do you mean? I don't...
35.6K 1.1K 31
"I love you," Johnny murmured, clutching my wrist to the point I could not pull away no matter how much I tried. "Stop it," I snapped, "Stop saying...
23.9K 903 39
"The Heart Remembers What The Mind Forgets" This is pure fan fiction and it's been a while since I wrote a story so please pardon some errors. Englis...
347K 9.1K 20
BOOK #1 of 'Forever Collection': But why did he even listen to me when I told him not to talk to me? Why couldn't he have thought about the whole fr...