Silence ○ Lee Haechan

By JisungsAsteroidss

○ Slice of life ○ School rebellion au ○ "you don't even smoke", "no I know, I just needed a reason to talk to... More

○ Info
○ 1
○ 2
○ 3
○ 4
○ 5
○ 6
○ 7
○ 8
○ 9
○ 10
○ 11
○ 12
○ 13
○ 14
○ 15
○ 16
○ 17
○ 18
○ 19
○ 20
○21
○ 22
○ 23
○ 24
○ 25
○ 26
○ 27
○ 28
○ 29
○ 30
○ 31
○ 32
○ 33
○ 34
○ 35
○ 36
○ 37
○ 38
○ 39
○ 40
○ 41
○ 42
○ 43
○ 44
○ 45
○ 46
○ 47
○ 48
○ 49
○ 50
○ 51
○ 52
○53
○ 54
○ 55
○ 56
○ 57
○ 58
○ 60
○ 61
○ 62
○ 63
○ Epilogue
JISUNG SPIDERMAN
GLITCH MODE CHENLE
MARK BOOK

○ 59

1.4K 69 41
By JisungsAsteroidss

"That smells so good dad," Mari spoke as she sat at the kitchen table, watching as her dad cooked up their breakfast.

"Scrambled eggs, just the way you like it," he said as he slid over her and Minsu's plates of food.
"I have to head off early today. Honey can you make sure your friend drops Minsu back home before you head to the movies?"

"Sure thing dad, love you," she said and her dad waved goodbye to them both.

"Oooo are you going on a date," Minsu wiggled his eyebrows and Mari rolled her eyes.
"Shut up, no I don't. Just going to watch a movie with someone."
"With that Jinyoung guy?" Mari's head whipped to look at him. "I knew it! Do you like him?"

Looking back to the front, she adjusted herself in her chair and began to move around the eggs on her plate. "I don't know."
"Do you like Donghyuck hyung?"
"I... I don't know," she said again, voice rising a little higher than before.

Minsu huffed in dignity, sitting up higher in his seat. "You so like Donghyuck hyung."

"Wha? What! I never said I did."
"Isn't it obvious, the way you sounded more certain when you said 'I-I don't know'"

Mari tsk and put up her hand to fake hit him and he laughed, "I knew it. Are you going to tell him? And what about Jinyoung?"

"I'm not sure. I think I still like Jinyoung though. How do I know I'll make the right decision?"
"I think when the time comes, you'll just know."
"Thanks Min. When did you get so wise?" She smiled at her younger brother. Feeling proud of him in the way he's growing up.

"I don't know. Somewhere between moving to Seoul and now," he stood up and put his plate in the sink.
"I'm gonna go get ready."

Mari watched as he walked up the stairs before turning back and pulling out her phone. Effortlessly scrolling through her feed with one hand as she shovelled her eggs into her mouth with the other.

Getting bored of Instagram after a few likes she moved onto her messages, realising she hadn't checked the message from Donghyuck.

Hyuck :)

Hey Ma. Do you think you could come around soon. I really have to talk to you about something that I've been thinking of for a while and I think it'll be better if we speak in person. Don't worry it's nothing bad, I just need someone to tell and I think you're the best person for this.
Sent

Omg im so sorry for not seeing this!
But yeah sure. Hope everything's ok
Im free tomorrow after school if you wanna talk then?

It's okay :)
That sounds good

Perfect

○○

"That movie was amazing" Jinyoung said excitedly as they exited the movie cinema.

"Right! I didn't think it was gonna be as good as it was," Mari smiled, content in the movie choice.

"It makes me really wanna fly a plane now," the boy laughed, adrenaline from the movie coursing through his veins as he imagines what it'd be like to become a pilot.

"It looks so freeing, being able to go anywhere you want," Mari agrees with him, the two stopping out front of the building.

The chilly nights air pricking at their skins indicating that winter was just around the corner.

"Shall we go get churros? There's a place nearby that's really good. Mum used to take me there when I was little."
"That sounds really good."

The two walked in quietude down the streets of the city. It was oddly busy for a Tuesday night, the two having come straight from school, the expected the streets to be desolated.

But couples and friends surrounded them as they headed towards an alleyway. The smell of fried dough and cinnamon tickling her nose as they walked into the quaint shop.

It was decorated with pastel pinks and whites and it was warm compared to outside. With only a few people in the shop, this allowed the two to find the perfect seats.

"Here, you look cute. Can I take a photo?" Jinyoung asked as they sat down and Mari looked up shocked.

"My photo? Why?" She carefully placed her bag besides her and Jinyoung smiled sweetly.
"The pink wall behind you compliments your outfit, I think it's make for a good insta pic."

"O-oh... okay then," she said perplexed but regardless adjusting her hair and smiling for him as he held up his camera.

Jinyoung took a few photos before smiling and handing over his phone for her to check.
"Oh Waw these are actually really good," she said before  tapping the airdrop button and giving his phone back.
"Thank you," showing him her phone to say she's gotten it.

"I cant believe we only have a few weeks left until the break," the boy said, thanking the server as they placed their food in front of them.

"I know, it's crazy how fast this semesters gone."
"Do you plan on doing anything during the break?"
Mari took a bite of her churro and hummed in thought.

Her eyes softened when she realised it would be Eunjoos third anniversary during the break. A heaviness lingering on her heart, but she pushed the feeling away and looked up and smiled.
"I don't think so. I'll probably just chill with Minsu and the others. What about you, got anything planned?"

"I think my parents were planning to take us to Busan to go see relatives."
"Ooo, I've never been to Busan. You'll have to send me photos."
"Oh for sure."

The stillness between the two fell upon them once more as they continued to eat the churros. Her mind wondering back to this morning about what her brother said. Eye brows furrowing as she also remembered that Donghyuck wanted to talk to her about something.

She could feel the corner of her lips rise at the thought that he wanted to confess. But there was no way he'd actually do that. It was probably just something to do with his family.

"Something on your mind?" Jinyoung spoke up and Mari hummed, looking up to him to find his eyes staring delicately at her.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just thinking about what my brother told me this morning."
"What was it?"
Her eyes met his and she shook her head, "just something silly."

"He is a bit of a character isn't he?" He said and Mari smiled and nodded.
"Do you wanna go? It's getting quite late and we still have school tomorrow."

The two made their way towards Jinyoungs car, arms brushing together ever so slightly but Mari thought nothing of it. Mind elsewhere.

The two stopped near his car and Jinyoung faced her.
"Thank you for today."
"Why are you thanking me now?"
"Because I don't think I could wait till we got home to do this."

Mari tilted her head and Jinyoung took this as leeway.
"To do this," his hands cupped her face and brought her closer to him as he planted his lips onto hers.

Her eyes widened and she stiffened. Usually she would've loved this, she would've loved the feel of his lips on hers. The plushness, softness of his lips on hers. But she felt wrong, this felt wrong, he felt wrong.

And that was when she knew where her heart laid.

Leaning back slightly, her eyebrows furrowed and her fingers came up to touch her lips where his just where.

He stepped back in realisation and began to freak out. "Oh my God I am so sorry, I didn't mean to force that on you. I should've asked I'm so sorry."

"No no it's fine," Mari reassured but the boy dropped his head in annoyance.
"I feel so stupid. I'm so sorry Mari."
"Jinyoung I'm fine," Mari placed her hand onto his arm and he looked up at her through his bangs.

"I loved it."
"But-"
"It just took me by surprise and I, a-and-"
"You like him, don't you?"
Mari's stuttering stopped once he said that and she looked up shocked.

"You have feelings for Haechan," Mari's eyes flickered between his, heart racing and felt like she could throw up.
"It's just, i just." She sighed, dropping her head and Jinyoung knew it all.

Eyes softening as he used his fingers to lift up her chin, "hey, Mari look, that's completely fine if you like him. I've kinda known for a while that you might've. You've been distant ever since Jeju-"

"I KISSED HIM," Mari blurted out. Eyes widening and breath picking up as she finally exposed her secret she's been keeping from him.

But instead of him getting angry, he sighs and relaxes in his stance. "I know."

Mari looks taken aback, eyes squinting and eyebrows still furrowing as she shakes her head in confusion.
"I saw you on the steps of the hotel the last night at Jeju. Don't worry I didn't hear anything. I feel so shit for kissing you Ma, I know I shouldn't have."

"You don't have to apologise, I should be the one apologising for you."
"That's the thing though, you don't need to. I think you should go, go to Haechan and tell him how you feel."

"Are you sure," she asks, her stomach twisting at the truth that she's been leading him on all along. But also feeling a deep relief that she finally knows what her heart wants.
"I feel so guilty."

"Don't feel guilty, you can't change what your heart wants. And yours wants Haechan."
Eyes flicking between his two, she felt sorry that she couldn't have chosen him.

"You're such an amazing guy Jinyoung. I wish I could've been the person deserving of your love. But you deserve someone so much better than me. Thank you," she says and Jinyoung shakes his head smiling.

"You don't have to thank me. Now go. I'll give you a ride to his house."

————

Four more chapters and the story is overrrrrrrrr

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 475 54
a school trip to the middle of nowhere, stuck with a bunch of strangers you don't even know, forced to be roommates. what better way to spend one's s...
51.5K 1.6K 119
ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ ᴏғ ʙᴏʏs sᴛᴜᴍʙʟᴇ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ ᴏғ ɢɪʀʟs ᴏɴ ᴀ ʀᴏᴏғᴛᴏᴘ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ʀᴇᴀsᴏɴ.. ᴛᴏ ғɪɢʜᴛ. ᴊɪsᴜɴɢ-ᴄᴇɴᴛʀᴇᴅ. ᴀ ɴᴄᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴛᴇxᴛɪɴɢ/ᴄᴏʟʟᴇɢᴇ ᴀᴜ ʏᴇᴇᴛʏᴏ...
16K 576 33
« living in a place that things changes in just a swift is not hell, it IS hell. » ❍ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ ᴀᴜ ❍ ‼️ 𝘁𝘄 // 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱 , 𝗴𝗿𝘂𝗲𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗵...
19.4K 776 21
𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆𝗷𝗲𝗻𝗼: i'm always open if you need someone to talk to. 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗮: what the? STARTED: august 5, 2022 ENDED: august 22, 2022 mi...