𝑴𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒕𝒆, regulus black

By pearlmaher

↬ in which Regulus and Rune find out that broken pieces still fit together. **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ Academic rivals... More

!
𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐓𝐰𝐨-𝐖𝐚𝐲 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐦
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐕𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞-𝐕𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐥𝐲-𝐕𝐢𝐚𝐥
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐞?
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗: 𝐀𝐬 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬...
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎: 𝐒𝐥𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏: 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑: 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒: 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓: 𝐋𝐢𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐨
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔: 𝐍𝐨 𝐒𝐮𝐛𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕: 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐝
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗: 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎: "𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞"
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏: 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐉𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐: 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐅𝐮𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑: 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒: 𝐀 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓: 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔: 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕: 𝐀 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖: 𝐀𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐲 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗: 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐓𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎: 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏: 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐: 𝐀𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐑𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑: 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒: 𝐇𝐦𝐦 𝐌𝐦𝐡
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓: 𝐒𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔: 𝐎.𝐖.𝐋'𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕: 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐧 𝐒𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖: 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐬 𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐰
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗: 𝐑𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐰 𝐉𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎: 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏: 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐: 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭?
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟑: 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒: 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐡 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔: 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕: 𝐒𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟖: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟗: 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟎: 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟏: 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐍𝐨 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟐: 𝐏𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟑: 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟒: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟓: 𝐁𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟔: 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐆𝐮𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟕: 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟗: 𝐈𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐝
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟎: 𝐏𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟏: 𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟐: 𝐁 𝐅𝐨𝐫?
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟑: 𝐀𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐚
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟒: 𝐆𝐫𝐲𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫 𝐉𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟓: 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟔: 𝐒𝐰𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟕: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐭 𝐒𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟖: 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟗: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐜 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟎: 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟏: 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟐: 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟑: 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟒: 𝐎𝐡
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟓: 𝐀 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟔: 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟕: 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟖: 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟗: 𝐋𝐮𝐱𝐮𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟎: 𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟏: 𝐏𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐨𝐰
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟑: 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐭 𝐔𝐩
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟒: 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟓: 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟔: 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐆𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟕: 𝐀𝐦𝐢𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟖: 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠

2.3K 136 36
By pearlmaher

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"Give it back, Regulus!" whisper yelled Rune as she tried her utmost best to pull the last box of liquorice wands from him. 

"I got it first," he retaliated, holding it high above his head. 

He was far too tall for her to be able to reach it, but she still gripped his shirt and tried to get up as high as she could to grab it. "I saw it first. Give it back!" 

"Give it back, Regulus," sighed Rabastan, apologizing to the trolley lady and the other students who were waiting to buy things. 

"What do you mean give it back?" asked Regulus, as he pushed Rune off of him. "It's mine."

Rune gasped loudly. "I'm a girl! You can't push me!"

Regulus looked down at her and shrugged, "It's the 20th century. I'll push who I want." 

Rabastan heaved a breath before standing up and grabbing the wands out of Regulus' hand. 

"How much is it?" he asked the trolley lady. 

"2 sickles," answered the trolley lady.  

Rabastan handed her 5 and took the box of wands with him back to his seat in the cabin. 

He made no eye contact with either Regulus or Rune as he ripped the box open and took a bite out of all 3 wands in the box. 

"Look at what you did," muttered Rune as she shoved Regulus with her shoulder. 

She turned back to the trolley and whined in sadness when she found that it was already gone. 

When she looked back at Regulus, he shrugged. "Should have just taken something else. Then maybe you could have had a snack." 

"Should have just punched your stupid face!" she spat out angrily at him before spinning on her heel and marching off to sit as far away from him as the train would allow her. 

When Hogwarts Express reached platform nine and three quarters, Rune was immediately joined by Evan. 

"Hiya, Rune," he greeted before throwing a box at her. 

Rune caught it and looked down to see what it was just as he said, "Reg found me inside. He said to give it to you." 

Her eyes scanned the platform until they looked with Regulus', and he lifted his hand and waved at her mockingly. 

"Oh, I see my dad, let's go!" 

As Rune turned to follow behind Evan, she put the box of liquorice wands inside her bag and motioned for Rolo to start moving.

***

Rune was having the best week of her life at The Rosier Estate. 

The house-elf, Hattie, seemed to have blessed hands because every dish eaten was better than the one before. 

Mr. Rosier and Evan had taken her on outings to different parts of England and Scotland during the days, showing her monuments of wizarding history and the Rosier family. She'd even gone to a Winged Horses game for the first time in her life. 

Her favorite part of the Estate was the library by far. It was paralleled only by Hogwarts Library. She had never seen so many novels and encyclopedias and biographies in one place. It was her very own Christmas miracle to even be in it.

During the hours when Evan would disappear unannounced, she'd spend her time in the library. Mr. Rosier even had Hattie come up every hour with refreshments. 

If she could have chosen, she would have asked Mr. Rosier to employ her, and she'd spend the rest of her life dusting the bookshelves. 

The day before Christmas, Rune set out with the Rosier family for robe shopping. 

The Christmas Ball was set to be hosted by The Nobel House of Black. 

Rune had asked if she could sit it out and remain at the Estate, but her answer wasn't the one she wanted. 

She was loitering outside the changerooms when a rack filled with designer dress robes was wheeled up to her. 

"Mr. Rosier says to pick one," said a shopping assistant. 

"Oh no no. Not for me." 

The assistant gave her a once over before turning and walking away. Just as Rune breathed a sigh of relief, the assistant returned with Mr. Rosier in tow. 

"What's the matter?" he asked, looking at the rack. "Are none of them to your liking?" 

"No, they're quite lovely. I just don't need anything. I have a dress." 

"You must get one," insisted Mr. Rosier. "I insist." 

"You've already been so kind to me," tried Rune desperately. "I don't—" 

"Just try on a few," interjected Mr. Rosier. He turned to the assistant and whispered something and then as he began to walk away, the assistant gently shoved Rune into the changerooms. 

The assistant handed dresses to Rune one at a time and before long, she'd tried on almost every one of the exquisite, expensive pieces of cloth. Each one was gaudier and more detailed than the one before. And every one of them earned a dissatisfied grunt from the assistant before she handed another one to Rune. 

As Rune stepped out of the changerooms again, she felt the air get knocked out of her lungs when she found Evan standing next to Regulus Black. 

"Have you found one yet?" asked Evan, but he might as well have not spoken because she didn't hear him.

Regulus was staring at her. 

Not just staring, admiring

The dress was powdery blue and had ruffled sleeves. There was lace detailing all over the bodice and its flaring skirt. It was exactly the kind of dress she'd wear to go running through a field of dandelions. 

She liked it best from all she'd tried on, but the way he was looking at her subconsciously made her like it even more. 

Regulus continued to stare at her as Evan asked, "You like this one then?" 

"I don't really need a dress," mumbled Rune. "Please tell your dad for me."  

"Nonsense. We always buy from here. He gets special prices; just pick one."  

"I have a dress." 

"Pick another one." 

"Evan!" she exclaimed, but he waved a hand at her dismissively as he dropped down onto the couch and stretched his feet over the coffee table. The assistant immediately ran out of the changerooms. 

Rune turned back to Regulus and when she found him still staring at her, she grabbed the curtains and used it as a shield to cover herself. 

"Do you mind?" she scowled. 

"What?" asked Regulus, slightly dazed.

"You're staring at me!" she exclaimed.

"I've never seen anything quite so atrocious as you in this dress," he said, with an infuriating smirk. "It's boggling my mind." 

"Never had access to a mirror before, have you?" she snapped. "Stand in front of one and you'll see something worse!" 

"I have to say," commented Evan. "Regulus has got to be lying. I just know he likes the dress." 

"You don't have to say anything because you don't know anything, Rosier," bit back Regulus. 

As Evan's mouth spread into a lazy grin, the assistant arrived with three cups of piping hot coffee. 

When she saw Rune, she gasped happily. "I believe this is the one."  

"No." Rune held out her hand. "I don't like it. I'll take another." 

"Are you sure?" asked the assistant unsurely. "This one looks beautiful on you. It's a perfect fit." 

"I don't like it."  

Once another dress was handed to Rune, she made sure to sneer at Regulus before flinging the curtains shut. 

At the end of the shopping experience, she was coerced into buying one, so she settled with choosing the cheapest option of the lot. It was by no means cheap but there was a significant difference in the hundred's column of the price when compared to the others. It was a plain corset-style white dress with puffer sleeves. 

It would do. 

The Rosier's had urgent business to attend to on Christmas Eve and after a rushed dinner of turkey, roast lamb, potpie, grilled vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and trifle, the father and son were off.

Rune settled into one of the comfortable sofas in the library as she started the novel The Shining by Stephen King. It was a horror masterpiece and she'd grown so engrossed in it that Hattie had to physically force her out of the library at 3am to retire to bed. 

Just as Rune changed into pajamas and made her way to bed, she caught sight of a large white box laying in the center of it. 

It was plain and had no note attached. 

She shook it first and when it made no noise, she carefully opened the lid. 

As soon as she did, she figured out exactly who it was from. 

Her hands involuntarily dug into the box, and she lifted up the same blue dress she tried on earlier that day in the shop.

She could picture Regulus so clearly. 

His smug smirk, his overconfident eyes, the condescending manner in which he would have asked the assistant to bring out the dress, the snark as he paid for it from his own vault, probably providing a hefty tip just because he could. 

It angered her more than she could have thought possible. 

She did not want the dress and she especially did not want it from him. 

She shoved the dress back into the box it came out from and once it was packed away, she shoved it into the cupboards.

Rune decided that when she saw Mr. Rosier again, she would ask him to return it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264 1 11
Evelyn Lupin, a half-blooded witch, lived once lived a cheerful, happy life with her brother Remus and his friends they called the Marauders. Note th...
25.3K 608 13
Y/n Lupin, Remus' little sister was sorted in Ravenclaw. Of course, this did not prevent the friendship between her and the so-called Marauders. At...
2.1K 9 31
Regulus was feeling confused about his emotions and what side he wanted to be on due to the bidding war and dark headlines in the Daily Profit. Find...
8.5K 379 18
She hated him. More than anything. He hated her, too. The very thought of her was enough to send him into a raging fit. No one understood when or why...