who's next?

By hisokasbungeegumshot

You're 20 years old living on the outskirts of the big city, York New. Somehow, you unintentionally meet thre... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32

chapter 7

2.4K 71 67
By hisokasbungeegumshot

Word count - 1981

The sun was just about set, forcing a ray to shine through your window. the rest of the room was dark. you wanted to turn on a light switch behind you, but your eyes didn't want to leave the illumis figure. you were scared.

what is it with men appearing in my apartment? and this time through the fucking patio.

Illumi was a stone. He stood stiff with no emotion, no body language, no nothing.

His demeanour was demanding. If he wanted something, he'd get it. No wasn't an answer.

That being said, what exactly did he come here for? Illumi didn't seem like the type to engage with others just because he wanted to. He wanted something.

His eyes were dark, which made it difficult to see through him. if you turned your back, how would you be certain he wouldn't try to kill you?

he took two steps toward you studying your facial expressions, then in a split second, he was gone.

"It's been a while" illumi spoke from behind you. how- ?! he's too fast. I didn't even see him move.

you quickly turned around to face illumi, who was inches away from you. the sunlight reflected off his pale skin, giving you a clear image of his face. his eyes were huge, and non-human-like.

waiting for his next move, you swallowed air standing completely still. you wanted to move, wanted to attack, but that would be stupid of you.

Illumi was an assassin, so he was far from stupid. Not only did he know what he wanted, he knew exactly how to get it.

He knew how to stalk his prey, track them down, and kill them in any way possible. So, thinking you could get away from him, was a long shot.

he tilted his head "Don't tell me you're scared of me" he looked down at you, voice uncertain.

you were. but you'd never admit that to him. "What do you want," you finally uttered, trying to sound confident

illumi looked you dead in the eyes "Well that's easy, you." he blankly said.

your breathing stopped. what?   "...Well I don't want you, so can you leave? please?" you wanted him out of sight, now. his presence was alarming, and you didn't like it one bit.

"We weren't able to finish our conversation at the hunter exam..." he stated

A cool breeze flew in, and you noticed he left the patio door open. You built up the courage to walk away from him to close it. to your surprise, he didn't attack you.

then you remembered, at the exam he asked you to join some kind of mission. but you declined. So that's what he wants.

Knowing he'd be persistent, you stood your ground anyway. "No, I'm not joining your mission"

"I don't understand...you're perfect for the job. all you need to do is distract someone for two hours. you won't get hurt. do this mission with me y/n, and I'll give you half of the money." his black eyes dug into you, not blinking once.

it was like he thought the money would persuade you, and he was mistaken. "No."

he sighed. "It's hisoka isn't it?"

"What??"

He took a step closer to you "That's why you don't want to, isn't it? he's got you wrapped around his waist. You want to stay with him?" illumi pointed next door, gesturing to hisoka

you stammered "Wh-what? no...no i-"

"-so he does. y/n, he does not care about you. he just wants to kill you. but with me, I'll give you all the money you want, and keep you alive." illumi opened his arms as if he wanted a hug. he was literally in the process of trying to manipulate you. but you were able to see right through it.

"fuck you. Were you stalking me you creep?" you questioned

"That is none of your concern," illumi said

you started at him in disbelief "Uh yes, actually it is." Don't tell me he's been watching me. Please say no.

"If you must know, I'm here for killua. keeping an eye on my little brother." illumi said playing with a pin in his hand "I happened to see you, a few days prior"

"ok? That doesn't mean you have to watch me." You raised your eyebrows

"Why not? I was bored," he admitted

You paused at his words. What the fuck "Well, killua's fine. I'll watch him. so you can leave now, I won't be doing this fucking mission with you. Bye." you gestured for him to leave out your front door.

illumi stood still, pausing like he didn't know what to say. he did this in complete silence for about a minute. it was nothing but creepy. One minute felt like one hour. Your heartbeat found its way to your stomach as you tried to keep your cool.

you stared back waiting for him to leave, suddenly feeling his bloodlust spread through the room. It was strong. strong enough to make you freeze.

Your fight or flight was triggered, and it decided on neither. all you could do was stand there.

shit

Before you could dodge his attack, illumi threw a nen pin at you, stabbing your left shoulder. you screamed in pain, hitting the glass patio door behind you.

Blood from the fresh wound splattered the door, while you cried out.

it was an insufferable pain. there was no way it was just a pin. it felt like your arm was being chopped off with an axe, while every vein in your arm was being electrocuted.

you kept yourself standing trying your best to ignore the pain, but failing. your eyes scrunched closed as the teeth in your mouth clenched. it was unbearable

illumis hair floated through his aura, eyes widening more than they were, watching you suffer. "Oops. now look what you've made me do."

"fuck...you.." was the only thing that came out of your mouth as tears ran down your face. you refused to show him defeat.

"I wasn't asking, y/n. you will come with me. you have 10 days to prepare. I'll be here to pick you up then." his bloodlust disappeared.

illumi walked towards you. He was much taller, towering over you. He looked at you with no remorse and slid the patio door open bedside you.

"I made these plans as soon as I set eyes on you. we will go through with this mission. I have your number, so I'll keep in contact." illumi said blankly

You looked up to respond, but he was gone. so was the pin from your arm. blood began dripping down your arm, fast. for a moment, you tried to deny that this was real. but the pain of your injury quickly smacked you back into reality.

you slid your shirt down from your shoulder noticing the pin left a hole as big as your thumb with blood rushing out. how..oww... Fuck I need a bandage. fuck my life

you weren't able to process what just happened, still being in a bit of a shock. you just knew you had to take care of the pain in your arm.

you held in tears, slowly walking to the bathroom holding your shoulder. your feet did most of the navigating, as your eyes were blurred with tears.

even though the pin was no longer there, it still felt like it. you still felt the way it tore your veins, and took hold of you.

how can I be this weak? he's definitely on an entirely different level than I am...him and hisoka.

you walked into the bathroom and opened the drawers beneath the sink, realizing you didn't have any bandages. you had nothing to clean the wound.

..fuck what am I gonna do. I could just go to the corner store but I'm bleeding badly. an ambulance would take too long to get here, plus, that's embarrassing. what about leorio? he's in med school. maybe he could tell me what to do..?

You grabbed a towel from the bathroom wrapping it around your shoulder, like a purse strap, before walking back to the living room and grabbing your phone to call leorio remembering he's educated in the medical field

The phone dialled as you put it on speaker sitting on the floor. "Your call has been forwarded to an automatic voice messaging system-"

"-FUCK" you threw your phone not caring what it hit. blood started dripping through your fingers. the wound was worse than you thought. was he trying to kill me? no. he wanted me to suffer to know he was serious..bastard

you knew you'd be fine, but you couldn't just watch yourself bleed out. you sat down on the couch calming down, snapping back into reality.

maybe hisoka has some bandages? nope. there's no way I'm going over there. that would make me a target. No fuckin way.

20 minutes later.

you found yourself at hisokas front door with blood on the entire left side of your shirt. you were losing too much blood, starting to feel dizzy, and vision fading

finally giving in, you knocked on the door four times and waited for what seemed like over ten minutes. to your advantage, the door opened

"What's this? my, that doesn't look good my love ~" he said crossing his arms

"Yeah, ..no fucking..shit. do you..have bandages? I just need..maybe four to five. then I'll be out of your funky hair." you said trying to keep your eyes open

"You would like to come inside? Of course, why not ~ " Hisoka smiled ignoring your question, leaving space for you to walk inside.

not even making it to the living room, your face planted onto his floor, blacking out.

"Oh dear, walking isn't your thing, is it y/n?"

- author p.o.v -

She passed out. but I was right, she came for help. took her longer than I thought. Stubborn this one. Hisoka thought

Hisoka picked y/n up and threw her over his shoulder, walking to the bathroom. He set y/n down gently on the floor against the tub.

The second hisoka undid the towel y/n  had wrapped around her shoulder, blood came seeping out.

Hisoka cut her shirt open revealing the wound, cleaning it as soon as possible, stitching it up, and placing texture surprise on top. Once hisoka was finished cleaning y/n up, he took her to the bedroom to lay her down.

She can't sleep in these. hisoka gently undressed y/n, not touching her undergarments.
he carefully and quickly slipped one of his t-shirts on her.

finally, he tucked her into bed.

now...time to call illumi. hisoka dialled his number and waited patiently for illumi to pick up

the call connected "Yes?" illumi answered

"I thought I told you to stay away from my toys," hisoka stated

"I'm only doing y/n a favour"

"And what's that?" hisoka questioned

"offering her a better life. Have I done something wrong?"

"yes. you have. this is your last warning illumi, find your own toys. she can go on the mission with you, but do not touch her."

"fine. goodbye, hisoka"

illumi hung up the phone. illumi and hisoka didn't hate each other, but they weren't best friends either.

they knew each other well although they weren't the type to hang out often. hisoka and illumi knew each other's weaknesses but respected each other enough to not use them against one another. you could say loyalty was the strongest thing they had between each other, well... most of the time when one another wasn't being petty.

their friendship was, odd.

hisoka sat on the bed next to you. he glanced down at you, double-checking your wound and making sure you were sound asleep. 

"Goodnight, y/n"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164 7 6
You're a 24 years old magician who lives in York New. You've been tired of working 9-5 as a class act magician, you wanted something more. You wanted...
200K 5.4K 35
(Y/n) is an assassin for the (L/n) family. She's gone to participate in the Hunter Exams in an attempt to escape her assassin career. It should be a...
Weak By eff_off

Fanfiction

127K 4.2K 30
L/N Y/N was never strong. All her life, she's had to rely on others around her and she hated it. She hated not being able to protect herself and she...
975K 31.1K 100
You get added to the Phantom Troupes group chat, People want to adopt you, Hisoka is being Hisoka, And Shalnark and you form the suicidal squad! Or...