Jay Halstead x Reader Story/I...

By changetyre

Jay and y/n have a history together, and everyone around them knows they are more than they claim to be. y/n... More

(1. Y/n)
(2. Lonnie Rodiger)
(3. 8:30)
(4. New Dress)
(5. Bounty)
(6. 1,2,3...)
(7. Shay ✞)
(8. Adrian Gish)
(9. Taser certification)
(10. My best friend)
(11. I am the apocalypse)
(12.1. Green Nail polish)
(12.2. Nadia Decotis✞)
(13. Our first time)
(14.1. Derek Keyes)
(14.2. Kill her first)
(15. I love you)
(16. Jeff Frazier)
(17. Beckett)
(18. We've got a bomb)
(19. She's a lucky girl)
(20.1. Jessica Pope)
(20.2. Dr. Dean Reybold)
(20.3. Trial)
(21. Care Bear)
(22. Emma)
(23.1. Unfinished business)
(23.2. He's gone)
(24. Birthday)
(25. Polly)
(26. Grandpa)
(27. Angel Star)
(28. Through thick and thin)
(29. Mouch and Trudy)
(30. She's been shot)
(31. Hit and Run)
(32. Double Date)
(33. Rixton)
(34. Lexie Olinsky ✞)
(36. Nicole)
(37. He's an idiot)
(38. Camila Vega)
(39.1. Captive)
(39.2. V-fib)
(39.3. Wake up)
(40. Healing)
(41. Brianna Woods)
(42.1. Trudy live)
(42.2. Trigger)
(43. Booth)
(44.1. Surprise)
(44.2. Crash)
(45. Engaged)
(46. Halloween)
(47. Alvin Olinsky ✞)
(48.1. Overwhelming)
(48.2. Pat Halstead ✞)
(48.3. The last thread)
(49. Preparations)
(50. I do)
(51. Family)
(52. Bob Ruzek)
(53. It's a baby!)
(54.1. Detained)
(54.2. Uncuff her)
(54.3. My dad)
(54.4. Cobalt Phantoms)
(54.5. Escape)
Christmas Special
(55. Ties that bind)
(56. The plunge)
Hello?
(57. Truce)

(35. I'm his wife)

3K 48 13
By changetyre

** Inspired by Chicago PD Remember the Devil S4 Ep 17

We were called to the woods today where a man claimed to have seen a woman running around barefoot and bloody. Jay thought he might have been hallucinating but Hank thought it was worth checking around.

We walked through the woods trying to find any sign of this woman when we came across a cabin, a shipping container beside it where we heard a noise. After opening the container we saw a woman chained up inside, completely frightened.

We were about to come in to let her out. "No no no! you can't! He said there was a bomb and that it would explode if you released me." She cried out.

Jay grabbed a hold of one of the hoops on the back of my jeans and pulled me back slowly. "Alright everyone step back, Halstead, Ruzek check the container." Hank instructed.

Once Adam and Jay had inspected the whole container, they let us know they didn't find anything. Erin and I walked into the container, walking towards the woman, she tried to stop us, terrified we would blow up.

"Sweetie you're okay, there's no bomb." I tried to calm her.

"NO NO NO HE SAID-" She yelled sobbing.

Erin reached her and undid her cuffs, the woman yelled as she did so but soon realized it was okay. I took my jacket off and put it around her. "You're okay." I rubbed her back. "Let's get you out of here." Erin and I began guiding her outside.

Back at the district we gave the woman some clothes and started looking for more information on her. Her name was Julianne Park, 22 years old and she had been reported missing by her parents in Indiana but they never contacted for ransome.

Jay and I had come back from following a lead, we were going in through the back when I remembered I'd left my phone back in the car. "I'm gonna go get my phone, I'll meet you upstairs." I let Jay know and he nodded walking in.

I grabbed my phone and while I was walking back I noticed a girl wondering by the entrance. I looked around me to see if she might be waiting for someone else but there was no one.

"Can I help you?" I asked her and she started walking towards me.

"Yeah, sorry hi, I saw you walk in with Jay Halstead." She finally spoke.

"Yeah?" I looked at her confused waiting her to carry on.

"I'm Abby, I wanted to see if I could talk to him." She giggled.

"Uhmm yeah I mean we're working a case right now so he might be busy, I could let him know you're here, but what do you need?" I asked her.

"Oh I just wanted him to sign some divorce papers." I felt a wave of shock pulse through my whole body.

"You're his wife?" I tried to stay calm.

"Yeah, kind of a long story." She laughed.

"Yeah, I bet. Let me go find him for you." I forced a smile before walking back into the district, feeling so angry but trying to stay calm knowing I couldn't let my relationship interfere with work.

I walked up and I guess Adam noticed my shift in mood when I walked past him. "Hey sis you alright?" He asked me but I ignored him walking to Jay's desk. He gave me a smile which I didn't return.

"You're WIFE...Abby is waiting for you downstairs." I spoke and I didn't care how loud I was being.

"What?" His expression completely shifted to one of pure confusion. He ran downstairs.

I sat back down on my desk trying to keep calm and carry on my work. "Did you say wife?" Adam asked me to clarify.

I turned to face him slightly annoyed. "Yes Adam, wife." I clarified.

Kev walked up then, "Who's that pretty lady downstairs that just invited Jay out for a drink?" He asked.

Everyone turned to look at me. I ignored them when I got a call from the forensic team letting us know they had found more bodies near the cabin. "Adam let's go, we're checking out the scene at the cabin," I told him and Adam didn't hesitate to get up and follow me out.

I was driving and completely silent just trying to think about any reason as to why Jay hadn't told me about Abby. "I'm sure he has a perfectly good explanation...he wouldn't do that to you." It was like Adam read my mind.

I took a deep breath. "Mhm, I'm sure he does." was all I said.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Adam asked me, worry laced in his voice.

I turned to him and forced a smile. "I'm fine, Adam. I...I trust Jay." I tried to convince myself.

When we got to the scene I felt my phone buzz.

Jay💍: Babe can we please talk.

You: After work

I replied.

____

There were a lot of odd loose ends in the case that were proving teadious to chase. Ruz and I were driving to the Crane house to follow a lead. We were inside interviewing Ms Crane when we heard someone yelling for help.

Adam and I both ran towards the noise trying to find the source, we found a hidden basement and we ran down only to realize we were both now trapped. Ms Crane had shut the heavy door behind us locking us in. I pulled out my phone to check for service but there was none.

Jay POV//

Ruz and y/n had been gone for a while and the team and I started getting worried. Hank and I decided to head to the Crane house to check for them. Hank began talking to Ms Crane asking her questions about the case and about y/n and Ruz.

Meanwhile I started looking around the house for anything suspicious, noticing that Ms Crane grew increasingly nervous as I approached the kitchen. I stepped in and started looking around when I spotted the fridge had been unplugged and moved.

I turned to Ms Crane and she had this look of worry in her face. I began pushing the fridge. "NO NO!" She tried to stop me but was held back by Hank.

There was a code on the door that was stopping us from getting to this secret room. "What's the code?" I yelled but got no answer. Hank then threatened to stab her if she didn't give us the code.

Hank yelled the code to me and I typed it in opening the door and running down, y/n meeting me halfway up the stairs. "Call an ambulance she needs help." She hollered at me.

Y/n POV//

I let the paramedics check me out as instructed by Voight. Adam had already left with Voight and Jay was waiting for me. I got up and walked to the car. "You alright?" He asked me before I got in.

"I'm fine Jay." Was all I said as I got in the car.

He started driving. "Can we talk please."

I was frustrated but nodded. "Just until we get to the precinct." I agreed.

"I married Abby when I was drunk on a stupid trip to Vegas and I thought I divorced her 8 years ago. I signed the papers, she didn't." He explained.

"And that's why you agreed to go out with her for a drink tonight? huh?" I asked, anger still laced in my voice.

"Yes and I actually wanted to ask you to come with me." he told me. I turned to face him a little surprise.

I started to calm down. "Ok, well just answer me one last question."

"What?" he gestured for me to go on.

"If Abby had found you first, would you have told me about her?" I asked.

He thought about it for a second. "Yes, I would have." He finally answered.

I was slightly unconvinced but ultimately took his word. "Okay."

"Okay as in we're fine? or okay as in you're still mad at me?" He asked for clarification.

"I'm still annoyed yes but I also trusted you enough to know there was some sane explanation behind all of this." I told him.

We finally arrived at the station. The team had gotten the case resolved only needed to make a final arrest and they didn't need Jay or me for that. Hank told us we were good to head home.

Jay and I headed to the locker room to change, he was changing his shirt when his phone buzzed. "Can you check that?" He asked me.

"Sure." I picked up his phone and saw it was Abby asking when they were going to meet up, since I had my finger ID on his phone it unlocked and I saw all the messages from Abby months before today.

"Who is it?" He asked.

"Abby," I answered. "You said you would tell me about her if she had found you first you right?" I asked feeling betrayed.

"Of course I would have why?" He asked walking over to me.

"Because you did find her first and you DIDNT tell me about her." I slammed the phone on his chest.

He looked down at the texts. "y/n I-" he began.

"Jay I swear if you apologize one more time..." I stopped myself. "Jay I think we need some space." I tried to calm myself.

"What the hell do you mean by space?" He started getting agitated.

"Jay we've been in the same spot too many times before. Look I need some space to clear my head and I think you have some things to work out." I started tearing up.

"You want space to get me out of your head?" I could see Jay was hurt as his eyes started watering too.

"Jay I don't want you and I to be over-" I was saying.

"Then why are you doing this huh! You said you weren't going to run away after every fight!" He argued.

"Jay this is different, you lied to me." I raised my voice a little. " I told you when we started dating communication and honesty were key for this relationship to work and I think I've tried to work past things too many times." tears were streaming down my cheeks now.

"It's all my fault isn't it? I make too many god damn mistakes while you're the perfect part of the relationship?" His emotion were getting the better of him.

"That's not what I said!" I took a deep breath. "I'm gonna go, I'll stay with Trudy for a while. I know you're getting angry and I don't want us to say anything we'll regret later so I'm gonna go. You can come find me whenever you're ready to talk." I tried to calm the situation.

"Walk away then." Jay said under his breath. "Run to Severide." He added.

I turned to look at him, a really hurt expression on my face. "This is exactly why we need space." I scoffed. "You know what maybe I will go stay with Kelly." I looked him straight in the eyes as I said it.

Jay was about to speak but his phone dinged. Another message from Abby.

I took this opportunity to finally leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

623K 10.6K 35
❛ 𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗔𝗗𝗘 𝗠𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗩𝗘 𝗜𝗡 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗔𝗚𝗔𝗜𝗡 . . . ❜ 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛, 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗵𝗮 𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗴...
65.9K 1.5K 20
In which they are both stuck in between the past and the present. Sam and Jay both served together in the army a few years ago, along with Mouse. Th...
33.2K 788 51
The third story in the ONE Chicago series is here! If you haven't read Three Teams, ONE Chicago and Our City, Our Rules, ONE Chicago.... Please read...
191K 2.7K 85
This story based on 2 years after Erin left to go to New York to take a job to keep Bunny out of jail. I kept Alvin Olinksey alive in the story as we...