Avatar: The Fire Twins

By O_Cansino

The Fire Nation royal family are one of the more powerful families of all the world. They possess a great ski... More

The kid from the sky
Innocence of a child
Fire Bending
Agni-Kai
Overcoming the past
First Mission
The rescue of a baby
The chase
Promises
Bonding
Protecting home
Betrayal
Surprise News
The end of the war
Fulfilling a promise
Family reunion. PART1
Notes before the chapter
The New Threat
The strongest team
Training time
The Saibaimen
The real battle begins
A hopeless feeling
The end of the invasion
A new plan
Destination Namekku-sei
The Dragon Balls
Vegeta's new power
Need to rest
The last soldier
THE GINYÜ TOKUSENTAI!
Azula's disappointment
Furiza's transformation
Goku arrived
Goku's true power
Escape from Namekku-sei
The peace is back
The golden warrior
A gift for hard work
Notes before the next saga
No weakling allowed
Kyoshi Island
The Fire Nation
Northern Water Tribe
Republic City
A new fruit
A Cooler visit to Fire Nation
Notes

Family reunion Part 2

2.6K 75 16
By O_Cansino

Over the flying Bison, Aang asked Toph where are they going, and she answered, "to the same forest of last time". When Aang was calmer, he talked with Toph.

- I wanted to ask you. Why were you that upset back then?

- You are a monk you won't understand.

- What?

- Look, did you hear what happened, right?

- Yes, she has to go for all those problems because of the Fire Lord.

- Wrong. If it was only for the Fire Lord, she could have gone to any earth village as a refugee, like hundreds of people did. But what she did? She go for another man and decided that that man was more important than the memory of her kids.

- All people need to find their own happiness.

- See, I told you that you won't understand. Monks do not have a concept of family.

- I thought that you were the one that loves freedom.

- That does not mean that I do not love my family. Or that I would want to forget about them. They were overprotective parents, and even when I was with you having fun or fighting in the war, I never forgot my parents.

Aang got silent. He got reflexive, he was not raised in the parenting system of father and mother as the Airbenders were raised all together and, the idea of parents was not really implemented. Aang does not know or remember who his parents were, and that has never been a problem for him, as that was the way the air benders were raised.

After they arrived at the forest, Toph asked Aang to stayed there as she will come back later. Aang decided to go to the river close by and meditate there. After an hour, he heard that Toph was back, so he stood up and opened his eyes, only to be surprised as behind Toph was Azula and Goku. Aang changed into a fighting stance and said, "left Toph to go". Toph attacked Aang and made him fall, then she said to the Avatar.

- They are not here to attack you. They are here because you need to help'em.

- What? Why should I help them?

- Because they are the ones that give me the information of the whereabouts of Zu... of Ursa.

- They?

- Who else would know about it?

- Besides, you give me your word as an Avatar that you will give me this favor.

After Aang was sure that he was not going to be attacked by the Fire twins, he lowered his defense. He reflected a little and then asked:

- What kind of favor do you need?

- We are searching for our father.

- Wasn't he with you?

- He disappeared a few months ago.

- And how do you expect me to help?

- Take us to the spirit world.

- What? Do you know what you are talking about? You know that there is not a way to enter there. It is even difficult for me as an Avatar to go there, let alone taking other people. Besides, thinking that I could take you there, why do you think he would be there?

- In the north and south pole are portals to the spirit world. Only the Avatar can open and close the portals. And if after we go there we do not find him, that will be ok.

Aang thought for a while. Then Toph said:

- You wanted to know about families? Well, you can also see the other part of the same family.

- Aang stayed silenced for a moment.

- Very well, but I hold no responsibility if you got trap there.

Aang accepted and the 4 went on Appa.

While they were on their trip, most of the time there was silence. Aang was hoping that, in the meantime of the travel, he could give a reason to Toph so she could stop this, but he couldn't. In fact, Toph was talking with Goku and Azula like she does with him and the others in the team Avatar.

- So, why don't you fly by yourselves?

- Well, we don't know where exactly is. And I want to talk a little with you.

- Really? About what?

- Well, you never told us how was your training.

Toph made a big smile.

- Let's just said that my vision and repertoire have increased. Can't wait to show it to you.

- Really? Wow!

While Goku and Toph were talking, Azula just watched Goku with a big smile. In her head, the words told by her father about Goku were still hunting her, "I only wish you were my true son". She could not conceive that Goku was not her twin brother, but still, he felt like family, the only family she has left. She felt comfortable when she was with Goku, something that never happened with his mother, his older brother Zuko, nor with his father. And even when she has that revelation, she could not go against herself. She has never been able to hate Goku, and she is still unable to left his side. Brother or not, he is the only thing she has left, and she will fight with all her might to keep him with her.

The Avatar landed at night so they could rest. Unlike the time when Toph and the Avatar spent together with their friends, when they needed to take different responsibilities of the campfire, this time all went smoothly as no one asked the other for help to set their camp.

Azula burned part of the grass, and then remove it and use that place to put the fire, after that she covered part of the grass with a sheet. Toph by her side created a little camp house with her earth bending. Goku did not make any preparation, he just brought some logs, and use one for the fire, and another as a pillow. Aang was watching everything, he tried to see if they will do something to her friend, but they did not do anything. In fact, it looks like they were giving her the space she always wanted back with his group, so he ended up giving up with that task and slept over Appa.

After a day of travel, they arrived at the south pole. And by their surprise that day was the solstice, so Aang could open the portal to the spirit world.

The portal was inside a dead forest, and around it was some dark spirits roaming, but when Aang started to walk to the portal, the spirits moved away. At first, Aang did not know what to do, but when they arrived at the center he saw a sphere of light then the Avatar knew that has to touch it while in the Avatar state. A great light shouted to the sky, and all were transported to the spirit world.

The place was very dark. A tree was almost next to the portal where a red spirit was trapped. Aang looked worried for it, but something inside him told him that the spirit should be there. Then they started to walk, but the one in front was Goku. Aang told them that inside the spirit world they won't be able to use their bending, which was troublesome by Toph, but she resolved her problem by putting her hand on Azula's shoulder. When Aang realized that, he tough that Azula was going to do something mean to her. Azula just saw the hand and then paid no attention to it and started to walk.

Azula was still more worried about finding her father, and by the security that Goku was walking, she decided to only follow him without asking anything. Azula foresaw this happening, she knew that the bending won't be working, but they will not need it, because Goku could find their father with his sensing technique, which is not linked to any bending, so there won't be any problem.

The whole place was full of spirit energy, which should be no problem for Goku.

After some time walking, Azula and Toph could also sense the energy of Ozai. Toph let the shoulder of Azula go, so she could go alongside Goku to their father. Aang went and took the shoulder of Toph, while he was watching Azula running to her father, he hugs her with care, then he turned to Goku and opened his arm, welcoming Goku, which made Goku run, and then he cried on his shoulder.

Aang, at the moment, after seeing the scene he got a warm feeling. "I guess the monks were right. Everybody has good in their hearts. Looking them like that made me realized that". Toph was not able to see or feel with her earth bending, but she knew that Goku and Azula were with their father, then she asked Aang:

- Although I am happy for them. I got my doubts that he would be here.

- And why did you asked me to take them here?

- That was their idea.

- Oh!

- Do you know how he was able to come here?

- Well. It is said that when you hit your lowest point is when you are subject to a greater change.

Meanwhile, Aang and Toph were talking. Azula, Goku, and Ozai also started to talk.

- Why are you here? You suddenly disappeared from us.

- While in my deepest point, I was called by a spirit called Vaatu. He offered me great power enough to fulfill my desires. He took me here using a portal near the northern air temple, but when I was in front of him, I realized that the spirit will use me for his own plans. That is why I decide to decline his offer and I end up inside this place.

- Well, we can take you back to our world.

- Thanks, but I would prefer to stay here. While I do miss you, I do not think there is anything left for me in that world. My time here helped me to find peace and made me realized many things.

Both Azula and Goku looked sad for that answer. Azula looked like she was going to suggest staying there with him, but then he said:

- You two have the potential to make something extraordinary and make a big change in the world. You are the ones that still belong to that world.

Azula stopped herself from proposing to stay there, then she turned to his brother and remembered the questions she wanted to ask:

- About what you said of Goku not being my brother. That was a lie, right?

- No, I did find him in the wilds. He was inside a pod that looked that fall from the skies. But the pod disappeared from our warehouse, where it was held by our alchemist and scientists. It seems that some foxes were responsible for it. I have seen the same kind of foxes coming from the library of Wan Shin Tong.

- So, he really is not my brother?

- Those that change any of your memories from him?

- What?

- All the things he has done with you and for you. All of them were done by him. Even when he did not share your blood, he was still with you.

- Unlike another brother who really shares my blood.

- By the way. You knew that Zuko was not your son?

- Why did you say that?

- Azula found a letter from mom saying that.

- Well, that was a lie. She proved me with that letter. Unfortunately, I failed.

- So, he really betrayed his family.

- Thinking about it will only take your thoughts from the real important things.

Azula just chuckled a little at the comment of her father.

- Well, let's put it like the old time. Azula, Goku, give me your reports of your life.

Goku and Azula smiled and started to talk with him. They talked about how they searched for him in the colonies, and what is happening there. They also talked about the sparring partner of Goku. Ozai just had a small look at Toph, who was standing next to Aang. They also talked about the new town they founded due to the number of citizens that escaped from the Fire Nation as they do not want to be ruled by Zuko.

After a long talk, Goku and Azula were able to say their farewells to their father. Now they do not have anything left and have a clear mind.

Aang and Toph were sitting on the floor, Toph was alone with her legs crossed and bored. Aang was surrounded by a lot of colorful spirits.

Azula and Goku got close to them.

- We can go now Twinkletoes.

- Ok ... Wait. How did you call me?

- She called you Twinkletoes, Twinkletoes.

- How-why...

- Come on, we are leaving.

After that Azula was in better spirits. She called Aang with the nickname that Toph gave him with a smirk in her mouth. Aang was more surprised by the sudden change but was ok with it. When they left the spirit world, Aang closed it again.

- Well, we can go back on our own from here.

- Thank you for helping us.

- Don't thank me. It is Toph you should thank.

- We are going home. Toph, do you want to come with us?

- Sure!

It was a great surprise that the one that invited Toph to go with them was Azula, and Toph answered right away. After everything that has passed, Aang did not oppose the idea.

Goku and Azula bow a little with a fist under an open palm as a signal of respect to Aang. Aang answered them with a similar bow.

Azula, Goku, and Toph started to fly away, which made Aang amazed and confused, "I am the Airbender but, they are the ones that can fly?" then Appa groaned. Aang just frowned at that, and then he said, "So am I the weird one?" and before he jumped to get over the Fly bison, he started to wonder, "How am I going to explain all of this to the others?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 811 12
Y/N Seang, a noble girl daughter to one of the most important clan in the Fire Nation, is a girl who grew up learning the way of fire. As the people...
20.8K 590 11
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avata...
9.3K 282 8
Peace and chaos two forces present in the world, the Avatar brings balance to the world and help people in all lives, this is Aang task. While the da...
1.9K 139 2
Water... Earth... Fire... Air... Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked and eme...