Top Gun: Bringing Back That L...

Door Potterhead1406

Madison is a lonely Florida girl who is struggling with relationship problems with her boyfriend, Johnny. Hop... Meer

Introduction
Chapter 1: The Bus Station
Chapter 2: Lead Me On
Chapter 3: I'm Not in Love
Chapter 4: Sunflowers and Doughnuts
Chapter 5: Liar
Chapter 6: The Breakup
Chapter 7: Rascal
Chapter 8: The Party
Chapter 9: The Plan
Chapter 10: Sweet Child of Mine
Chapter 11: Can't Sleep
Chapter 12: Admit
Chapter 13: Dinner
Chapter 14: Fight
Chapter 15: The Visitor
Chapter 16: Carole
Chapter 17: The Frozen Yogurt Shop
Chapter 18: The Miramar Resort
Chapter 19: The Pool
Chapter 20: Irish Furry
Chapter 21: Falling
Chapter 22: Stalker
Chapter 23: Take My Breath Away [SMUT WARNING]
Chapter 24: I've Recovered, Haven't I?
Chapter 25: This is Wrong.
Chapter 26: Lunch with Iceman and Slider
Chapter 27: A Rough Childhood
Chapter 29: Arson
Chapter 30: Hollywood's Secret
Chapter 31: Hot Summer Nights
Chapter 32: I'll Never Forget You [SMUT WARNING]
Chapter 33: A Performance
(Quick note) Where I've Been :/
Chapter 34: Not My Fault

Chapter 28: Rescue

140 5 58
Door Potterhead1406

Daniel motioned me to sit down once we reached his table at the mini bar area. Nervous as hell, I sat down on my chair. I placed my purse beside my new seat. I was surprised Iceman and Karen didn't notice that I left them yet. But knowing them, they probably weren't paying attention to me at all.

Smirking, Daniel sat down on his seat next to mine. I didn't know if he was flirting with me or not, but the smirk on his face told me that something was going to happen between us....

"So... I see you're still here in California," Daniel finally started our conversation. "Do you like it here?"

"Umm... yeah?" I said confusingly. Who, especially a bad kid like Daniel, would start a conversation like that?

"Well, don't be afraid. I just wanted to see you again—Madison, is it?"

"Yeah...?"

"Well, allow me to change the subject. I'm going to be honest: I love Miramar. It's tropical and it's close to San Diego! Well, Miramar is basically IN San Diego, but still. But what I love most about Miramar are the girls. The girls here are pretty!"

I felt my stomach wrench. Daniel was being creepy. I did nothing but cringe when he said that girls are hot here. Is he suddenly starting to become a simp?
(Yes, I did it again ;-;)

He's going girl-crazy. I can tell.

"Well, aren't you going to say anything?" Daniel said impatiently.

"I-I'm not that pretty..." I said the only thing I could think of.

"Are you sure? You look gorgeous tonight!"

Yep. He's flirting with me.

Someone kill me... I thought.

"Well, thanks, but I better—"

"You know, I might be a bit of a jerk sometimes, but I like people," Daniel interrupted. "Humans are fascinating creatures! They're strange, but smart, and they can do whatever they want. I think us humans are unique creatures! And I love them all!"

"That's nice..." I said. I wasn't surprised that Daniel was a people-person. He looked like one. One that always hanged out with a kid that I bet was on drugs....

"I'm not really into humans," I said. "But my favorite animals? Turtles and wolves (Don't judge)! They're both majestic, and most importantly, they're adorable!"

"Turtles? Ha, are you that type of girl who doesn't drink from plastic straws?"
(Why did I make a VSCO girl reference in this ;-;)

"Wha—no, silly! Sure, I want to save the turtles, but that doesn't make me not drink from plastic straws!"

"I don't care, it's just the way you are. And that's what I like about you!"

I froze. Is Daniel actually in love with me?

"Daniel, thank you for the nice words," I began. "But—"

"You're welcome," Daniel interrupted me once again. "I'm just trying to be as nice as I can..."

"Can you please let me finish my sentence?" I snarled. "I'm just trying to say that I enjoy you saying all of those nice things to me, but if you're trying to tell me you love me, I can't accept because—"

Daniel just started laughing and blushing again. He definitely has feelings for me. And he also didn't know how to not interrupt people. I couldn't attempt to tell Daniel that I was already in a relationship because of how much he was interrupting me.

I hate those three boys.

"Should-should I tell you the truth on why I invited you over here?" He then asked quietly.

"Sure," I said without thinking about how he was acting.

Daniel cleared his throat. "Well, when we first met last week, I honestly thought you were beautiful," he said. "Sure, you're kind of a jerk, and you shouldn't have thrown that brick at Parker's face, but I think you're very unique. I've been seeing you run past me multiple mornings nearly every week, and I can see how much determination you have because of how hard you run. That's what I like about you! Seeing a human being with a lot of determination is always what I look for! And that's exactly what you have! Now, I know I've been acting like a jerk lately, and that's because my friend Parker is forcing me to. So, well, I just want to say that I'm sorry. And—and—"

"Go on," I said impatiently. "What did you want to say?"

Daniel scrunched up his face a little before moving his hand onto mine. He grasped my hand and began talking again.

"I know you: you're single. And this might sound a bit crazy, but I've been searching for a girlfriend for a long time." He grasped my hand even tighter, and I knew what he meant by that. Daniel is in love with me.

Why? How? I don't know, and I didn't want answers. All I want to do is tell Daniel that I'm already dating someone....

"I think I finally know who to spend my future with...."

I couldn't stop thinking about Maverick. Daniel wasn't being mean to me when he was with his friends because he had feelings for me. I was beautiful and determined, and that's what he liked about me. But I knew I'd be safer with Maverick. Maverick is more kind than Daniel, and he understands me more. And, most importantly, he was my boyfriend.

I couldn't handle it anymore, so I slapped Daniel's arm. I slapped it so hard that people around the mini bar area began to look at us. I was scared, and Daniel gasped when I slapped him. He removed his hand from mine and he held his arm in pain. He held his arm like it was a precious jewel. I then started talking.

"Actually, umm... I'm sorry, but I'm already in a relationship..."

Daniel looked at me and scowled. "Wha— really?" He exclaimed.

"Yes. I'm not lying! I'm. In. A. Relationship. Already!"

"I thought you were single!" He screamed.

"Well, I'm not anymore! I can't be your girlfriend because I'm already in a relationship! I'm taken. So deal with it!"

"You're in a relationship already?" He said quietly but dangerously. "With who?"

I was scared to say that I was dating Maverick. I had a feeling if I told Daniel that I was dating Pete, he would get furious because Pete's already dating Charlotte. So when Daniel asked me who I was dating, I kept my mouth shut and didn't say anything.

"C'mon, who is it?" He pushed. I still didn't say anything.

"Madison, is he here? At this restaurant?"

It took me a few seconds, but I finally responded with "No."

"And why is that?"

"His friend took me on a date here so I can meet your friend. Ben, I think that's the name of your friend. I'm not upset because Ben had a rough childhood, I'm upset because this date is unnecessary. Ice—err, I mean, my boyfriend's friend thought I was still single, even after I told him multiple times that I'm taken. But he didn't heed my words because my boyfriend is already dating someone. And my boyfriend—it's that guy on the motorcycle that told you to stop climbing on the sand dunes."

I think Daniel knew who I was talking about once I finished talking. Because that was when he got mad, and his face turned red in anger.

"Maverick. Pete. Pete Mitchell," he said. "You're in a relationship with the Navy pilot?"

I sighed, and told him the truth.

"Yes."

I shouldn't have done that. All of a sudden, Daniel stood up and started ranting about my relationship with Maverick.

"Madison, do you understand how wrong that is?!" He exclaimed, "Pete Mitchell's already in a relationship with his instructor! You know you can't date someone who's already dating someone! It's obvious that he likes Charlotte more than you! It's mean to steal someone's boyfriend! It's mean, it's wrong, it's appalling, it's rude, it's derogatory, and most importantly, it's illegal! You better watch your back the next time you kiss Maverick underneath the sunset, Madison. Because I know the first thing I'm going to do once I see you two making out!"

I felt like crying. Not only was Daniel correct, but he had a point. My dad always used to tell me that stealing someone's boyfriend isn't right. Now an eighteen-year-old who's younger than me had to tell me that. Again. I didn't know what to do. I looked at Daniel, then back at my table, where I saw Iceman and Karen still making out. I bet they still didn't know that I have disappeared. Shivering, I jumped out of my seat and bolted back towards my table, ignoring the amount of boisterous screams coming out of the blonde boy. I ran back to Ferris, panting, and placed my purse down on the floor next to my chair.

"What in the world was going on over there?" Ben said as I sat back down and took a sip of wine.

"Your friend—is—crazy—" I panted.

"What did Daniel try to do?"

"He tried to kiss my hand... he told me I was the one he was looking for all of his life... he looked like he was about to propose to me..."

"WHAT THE—?!" I heard Karen scream from her booth. She and Iceman overheard our conversation, and now they were concerned.

"Madison, are you okay?" Iceman said calmly as he approached me.

"I'm fine..." I weeped. "Just—Karen's son here has a friend, and he's here tonight. His friend took me to his table and told me he loved me and tried to kiss me and—"

"Don't worry, Madison..." Karen said as she hugged me and caressed me carefully. "We won't let that blonde kid marry you..."

"I don't want Benjamin to marry me, either!" I exclaimed, "I'm already in a relationship with someone who's better than him!"

"Madison, for the millionth time, Maverick doesn't love you!" Iceman retorted. "He's PRETENDING he loves you just so you won't cry or be upset! So stop pretending you're the f—king girlfriend of that stupid idiot and date someone else!"

"YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHO TO DATE!" I shouted, tears cascading down my face. "I CAN DATE WHOEVER I WANT TO DATE, AND MAVERICK LOVES ME! JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE! WE LOVE EACH OTHER! WE F—KING KISSED A FEW DAYS AGO! AND WE EVEN HAD S—! YOU CAN'T JUST CONTROL WHO I DATE! NOW LEAVE ME ALONE AND LET ME DATE MAVERICK!"

Iceman's face was slowly turning red, and he was shaking with anger. Panicking, I got up from my chair once again and ran towards the bathroom. Not even contributing to pay for my food, I ran into the ladies room and hid in a vacant bathroom stall.

Breathing heavily, I stood in the bathroom stall. I think I lost them. Iceman and the rest of them won't find me in here.

I thought they wouldn't.

After staying in the bathroom for a full five minutes, I left my stall. Sweat covered my brow from fear. I stood by the bathroom sink and stared at myself. My face was wet from tears and sweat, and makeup on my face was slowly coming off. I turned on the sink and I quickly soaked my face with water to get makeup stains off my face. When I was done, I stared at myself again.

Now, I looked like a full-grown adult crying.

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened, and someone walked in. I figured it was just another woman coming into the bathroom, but it wasn't even a woman who came into the bathroom.

It was Daniel.

Oh sh-t... I thought. He still had that look on his face that symbolized that he wanted to kiss me. I got scared the moment I saw his face. I had nowhere to run, so I leaned against the sink and tried to protect myself.

"Stay back, Malfoy!" I said without even thinking about Daniel's real name. "Stay back! I don't want to be kissed by you! I'm already in a relationship, and I don't care what people say! I love Maverick with all of my heart! So leave me alone!"

Daniel didn't listen. He leaned himself against me and smirked again.

"But I-I can't h-hide my i-inner feelings for you..." he stuttered in a seductive tone. Scared, I tried to move my head away from Daniel, but I couldn't. He caught my head with his hand and started kissing me. He started licking my cheek at first, but then he gradually went down towards my neck. He started sucking on my skin on my neck, trying to give me a hickey.

I was afraid. If I didn't do anything, Daniel would basically be licking me for the rest of the night....

I looked down at my legs. They were free, and Malfoy wasn't even holding them. I could move them. Maybe I could kick Daniel in a certain spot that would cause him to stop....

I took my leg and kicked Daniel in the nuts. Hard. Suddenly, Daniel screamed. He let go of me (luckily, he stopped kissing me) and he held onto his nuts. He was howling in pain and he looked like he was about to cry.

Now was my time to escape.

I grabbed my purse and ran out of the bathroom. Avoiding Iceman and Karen, I ran out of the restaurant and into the parking lot. I have to get out of here. Now. I looked around the parking lot for a bit to try to find my car. Maybe if I could drive back to the hotel, I could meet up with Maverick, tell him what happened, and hopefully he'll cheer me up. All I want right now is Maverick....

"THERE YOU ARE!"

I didn't even take a step closer towards my car before I heard an unfamiliar femininely voice scream at me. I turned around only to see an angry, overweight woman starting towards me. She was wearing a pink shirt that had flowers all over it. She had brown hair that was in a darker tone than mine. She had green eyes that almost seemed too green to even be eyes. Her eyes made her look like an alien. She might've looked like a nice woman on the outside, but the expression on her face showed proof that she wasn't a woman to mess with.

There was a boy standing next to her. He looked about eighteen, and he was wearing a shirt with a skull on it.

Skull Guy. Err, I mean, Parker.

This was the last person I never wanted to see at the restaurant tonight. Now the whole gang of mean boys were here. And they were all after me.

Parker's mom marched up to me, her face red with anger. Why was she mad at me? Did I do something wrong and I didn't notice?

Oh, wait—she's getting revenge. She's going to show me who's boss just because I threw a brick at her son's face.

"You..." she growled. She grabbed my throat. Hard. I instantly began choking, and I couldn't even talk.

"Were you the one who threw that brick at my son's face and made him go to the emergency room and get stitches on his face?"

I looked over at Parker. He certainly did have stitches on his face. This wasn't good....

"DON'T LIE TO ME AND TELL ME! DID YOU DO IT?!" Parker's mom retorted, even though I didn't say anything. I was so scared that I didn't even lie. I nodded truthfully.

"I knew it," she said. "You look exactly like what my son described. A short little girl with stupid brown hair and eyes. NOBODY hurts my son just because he was singing. Now, you're going to burn in hell."

I slapped her arm off my neck and gasped for air. The woman didn't even acknowledge me. She prepared her fists for a punch, and I only started panicking.

"I didn't mean to do that to your son!" I cried, "He just wouldn't leave me alone! I didn't have another choice!"

"Then why did you throw a brick at his face? You could've done something better than throw bricks at people and nearly murder them!"

"Please, leave me alone! I'm sorry!"

"No, you're not sorry," Parker protested.

"My son's right," the overweight mom conceded. "Look what you did to my son! And his friends! You should never hurt my son! Now, you're going to pay. YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!"

I screamed as the woman ran to me and shoved me into the wall. If you think that didn't hurt, there must be something wrong with you. The woman grabbed my throat again and started punching me in the gut. My eyes were watering from pain. And nobody was going to save me....

Iceman was too busy kissing Karen. Ferris was too busy eating dinner. Daniel was too busy trying to recover from his nut pain. And most importantly, nobody was outside to save me.

This was how I was going to die. I shouldn't have thrown that brick. I shouldn't have even traveled here to California. I knew everything that was going to happen on this trip would go wrong. That includes my life getting threatened. Nobody was going to save me, and I was going to die like this...

"LEAVE HER ALONE!"

I jumped at the sudden yell of somebody. That voice, for some peculiar reason, sounded familiar. Parker's mom stopped punching me and turned to the man, who was later followed by an obnoxious "HI-YAHH!" after she turned around.

I stuck my head out to see who the person was. It was Maverick. And Slider.

Maverick looked irritated at the woman while Slider looked a little drunk. He was wheezing from laughter for no reason. Maverick, however, ignored the way Slider was behaving and stared angrily at the woman.

"HOW DARE YOU INJURE MY GIRLFRIEND!" Maverick scolded. "YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR THAT!"

Parker's mom did nothing but laugh. "Like, I can get beaten up by two lemon heads!" She mocked.

"Make that three."

We all turned around to another familiar voice only to find Goose standing upon us. His head was no longer heavily bandaged, and he merely had a small bandage on his forehead. Goose didn't even have any casts on his body.

He certainly left the hospital. Okay.

"Oh gosh... we're outnumbered..." Parker mumbled to himself.
(Fun fact: Parker is named after some annoying kid in my fifth grade class who was a downright tattletale. That kid has long since moved away, but I decided to carry on his legacy (Kinda) by making a character related to him. I hope the real Parker Lanham doesn't read this.........)

"Yeah! You are outnumbered!" Maverick observed. "Now feel our wrath!"

It was Slider who started the fight. He started off with a loud "HIIII-YAH!" and kicked the woman in the face. Goose and Maverick sprinted over to Skull Guy and started tackling him. Overtime, they would switch back and forth between them. Slider would be fighting the mom at one moment, and then Parker at the next. Maverick and Goose would be fighting Parker at one moment, then the mom at the next. Punches, kicks, slaps, and much more were going on in the parking lot at the Italian restaurant.

I just sat down on the sidewalk and spectated everything.

Parker and his mom were getting jumped like mad. Blood was all over their bodies, and I didn't know how they wouldn't leave the fight without a broken bone. Everything that was going on outside seemed like a legalized fighting arena.
(Lol the first sentence in my paragraph is giving me traumatizing flashbacks of my past)

Until, finally, I heard someone scream.

"What in the world is going on out here?!" A male voice exclaimed. I figured it must've been the manager of the restaurant. But when I turned around, I saw a man dressed in a black tuxedo—and our waiter.

The fighting stopped. Everyone (and I mean everyone) that was fighting had bruises and scratches all over themselves. Parker looked like he had a broken nose. His mom was laying on the ground, holding herself and moaning in pain. Maverick, Goose, and Slider were the least injured. They all just had a few bruises on themselves, and nothing else seemed horribly wrong with them.

"So?! What is going on out here?!" The manager repeated himself. The waiter stood still, looking like a coward, and shivered at the sight.

"Sh-she threatened to kill me!" I cried as I pointed at Parker's mom. She was still collapsed on the ground, moaning aggressively.

"So she threatened to kill you," the manager tried to understand what happened, "and instead you killed her back?"

"No, sir. We saved her," Maverick replied, sounding a bit heroic for some reason. "We knew something wrong would happen with her tonight. So when we came here and saw her getting attacked, we sprung into action."

Slider started laughing for no reason again. Goose nudged him on the shoulder, and Slider shut his mouth. However, he was still laughing. Just without opening his mouth.

"So you three idiots all beat up a woman and her son just to save this girl?" The manager asked.

"Yessir," Goose replied.

"Don't kick me nor them out!" I cried again, "They just had to save me! My life was in danger from that woman!"

"Excuse me, boss, but that's Mrs. Lanham laying on the ground!" The waiter exclaimed, still sounding a bit like a coward. "She's wanted for drugs!"
(Everyone: *confused noises* why is the dad in jail for drugs yet the mom isn't?
IT'S BECAUSE SHE WASN'T CAUGHT UNTIL NOW, READERS. Okay, sorry about that. Let's continue on...)

"Oh my goodness, it is her!" The manager gasped, "I'm calling the police. Gentlemen, thank you for catching this criminal!"

"Wait, now she's wanted for drugs?!" I said.

"Well, ma'am, her husband was taken to jail for drugs, and she got away. The San Diego police department has been looking for her for over six months now. So yes, she's a criminal. You're lucky that your friends here saved you."

I looked up at Maverick, who flashed me a wink. I needed to talk with him. How? Why would he leave just to "rescue" me?

"You can't arrest my mom!" Parker scowled, trying not to cry. "She's the only family I have left!"

"Yeah? Well, I'm sorry, young man, but your mom is going to jail. So you're going to have to go to an orphanage for now."

Parker gasped. "THAT'S NOT FAIR!" He screamed. "I CAN'T GO TO AN ORPHANAGE! IT'S A NIGHTMARE COME TRUE! DON'T TAKE ME! DON'T TAKE MEEEE!!!"
(The author has lost it again)

Everyone ignored Parker.

The waiter and the manager turned around to go back into the restaurant to call the police. I stood up from the sidewalk, brushed some dirt off my clothes, and stared at Maverick.

"W-what was that all about?" I said.

Maverick just sighed. "Come down with me to the end of the sidewalk over there," he pointed towards the entrance of the parking lot to the restaurant. "We can talk there. I feel like it's more safe there."

I nodded, and followed Maverick towards the end of the sidewalk.

We were standing right by the road now. It felt even warmer with the sun down. I began sweating a little, but Maverick being there with me made me feel a bit better.

"Well, I'm sorry you had to see that," Maverick began, "but I just knew nothing good would happen here. I heard about Iceman planning to take you with him to Karen's date. Yes, I might've been eavesdropping on him and Slider, but the moment I heard that, I knew something would go wrong. Before I continue, why did that lady beat you up like that?"

I shuddered. I never told Maverick about the three boys that bullied me. I figured after I left my beach house (and after telling them I was leaving when really I wasn't), they wouldn't bully me anymore. But turns out things went a different direction for me....

"Maverick, promise you won't get mad at me," I said.

"Call me Pete, and I promise."

I cleared my throat.

"There were three boys I met when I was staying at my beach house, and they bullied the crap out of me. One of them called me a rascal, one of them cussed at me, and one of them actually thought I was pretty. But none of that matters. The thing I hated the most about them was that they knew that I liked you, and they always made fun of me for that. They always sang You've Lost That Loving Feeling to me because they knew it 'annoyed' me. One day, I just took things too far.

"One day, when I came home from the bar, they surprised me and started singing that song again. I told them to stop, but they refused to. Instead, I got so mad I picked up a brick that was supporting a flower pot on the porch and threw it at one of them. And that boy that I threw the brick at happened to be the son of that lady that beat me up.

"I was hurt by their words, but after I left my beach house, I figured I'd never see them again. So I didn't worry about them, which is why I never told you about them. I should've told you about them, though. You probably would've come up with a better solution than throwing a brick at their face..."

I instead started crying, and I wiped tears off my face. Maverick shushed me and hugged me. By feeling Maverick's grasp, I started to feel a little better.

"I'm not mad at you, sweetheart," Maverick whispered. "I understand why you didn't tell me about this."

I nodded. "It's just—I can't possibly stand them anymore, and that woman tried to kill me..."

"Maddie, don't worry, I'll be there. To help. If someone or something is bothering you, just tell me. And I promise I won't get mad."

I nodded again.

"But why did you rescue me?" I asked after being inaudible for a few moments. Maverick got nervous almost instantly. I could tell he didn't want to tell me why he was so nervous.

He let go of me, stared into my brown eyes, and told me the truth.

"Madison, I appreciate that you're always there for me. So I decided to pay you back by showing that I care for you too. By rescuing you. I don't want to see you get hurt, and I-I heard you might have PTSD..."

"I do, Pete..." I said as I wiped a tear from my eye.

"Is your ex-boyfriend really causing this much trouble and pain in your life?"

"Yes! I just start thinking about it sometimes and I get these horrible flashbacks and—"

"Madison, you'll be fine. I'm there for you whenever you need me, and I'll let you know that I'm better than that old greaser boy you used to date. I'm afraid I'm going to lose you too. But we'll find a solution to our dilemma."

I itched my arm. Maverick just hugged me tightly instead. I felt like choking in Pete's grasp, but I held on for him.

"Pete, you didn't have to save me like that, but thank you," I said.

"I just care for you, and I know boys should never treat a person like you like that, okay?"

"Okay."

(Alrighty guys, I have some good news and (not really) bad news. So tomorrow afternoon I'm going on a road trip to Florida for spring break (I wrote this note in April, just so you know), so I'll have plenty of time to write in this story! This means I'll probably improvise the first few chapters of this story so it won't feel so rushed (I did edit the chapters but they're still not great ;-;). The bad news? Well, my aunt in Florida is deathly afraid of COVID, and my friends and I still haven't found a way to post this story on Wattpad safely. But we'll figure that out, I guess...
Okay that was seriously useless let's just continue on.)

Maverick rested his head on my shoulder, leaned towards my ear, and whispered "I love you."

I looked up and Pete and giggled. "I know," I said, remembering our dinner a few nights ago.

Maverick then kissed my cheek and released me from his grasp. We were smiling at each other for a bit until we heard boisterous laughter coming from nearby us.

"HAHAHAHAHA!" Slider laughed. "I KNEW YOU TWO WERE IN LOVE! THAT'S TWO KISSES IN A DAY! TWO FOR ME AND NONE FOR YOU!"

Maverick muttered something about Slider under his breath, but I couldn't hear him. I understand why Pete was mad at Slider for catching him making out with me. But I wasn't mad at Slider at all. I was used to it.

"Just ignore him," said Maverick. "Here, let's try to find Iceman. I'm going to have a fun talk with him," he finished with a smirk.

"Okay," I obliged, and followed Maverick back towards the restaurant.

Slider unmistakably followed us, and so did Goose. Slider was still laughing (but with his mouth closed) for no reason, and Goose seemed extremely quiet. I knew he was supposed to come home from the hospital today, but Goose just felt—different. I guess it's because I can't believe he's still alive, but I don't know.

We walked over to where Iceman and Karen were originally sitting at, but they were gone. Their food was still sitting at their table, but there was nothing but crumbs on their plates. And Iceman's car was still in the parking lot, so where did they go?

"They're not here..." Goose observed.

"They might be in the bathroom," Slider suggested. "I think they ate a lot tonight and well, ya know... stomach aches!"

"Yes, I understand," I said, "But what if they're not in the bathroom for that reason?"

"Ooh! Nice thinking, girlfriend! C'mon! In the men's bathroom!"

Maverick turned to Slider and scowled. "Nah, we need to try the ladies room," he said. "Trust me. I went in there just to steal Charlie's heart. All men attract their true love's attention in the ladies room."

"Are you crazy?!" I exclaimed, thinking of the original movie where Maverick walked into the ladies room just to talk with Charlie and fall in love with her.

"No, sweetheart! That's what us Navy pilots do!"

"Ugh, fine..." I moaned, "Everyone, follow Maverick into the ladies room."

We then dashed towards the back of the restaurant, where the bathrooms were located. We opened the door to the ladies room and carefully walked inside.

And that's when we saw Iceman and Karen.

They were leaning up against the sink and kissing each other. I swore to God I saw Iceman lodge his tongue down Karen's throat. They were all-out when it came to kissing. I knew, from looking at them, that they were definitely in love.

I prayed to God that nobody else was in the room, watching this. This is truly disgusting....

"Ugh... I wish I had a wedding ring right now..." Iceman moaned quickly yet quietly. I cringed. I was shocked and scarred for life.

"KASANSKY!" Maverick screamed at the top of his lungs. Iceman stopped "licking" Karen and turned around. He jumped a little when he saw us standing upon him. Karen jumped a little as well. Maverick, however, was furious.

"What in the world are you two doing?!" He exclaimed.

"Uhh..." Karen thought up of a lie, "We were using the bathroom together! Yeah..."

"Guys, this isn't the 80s!" I said. "Stuff like this are out of age! People will make fun of you if they see you like this!"
(I wish it was the 80s right now lol I hate the 2020 decade ;-;)

"Karen! We weren't using the bathroom together!" Iceman suddenly protested. "We were just getting a drink of water from the sink! Weren't we?"

"Uh—uh... yes!" Karen stuttered. "Totally not making out... yeah..."

"Are you sure about that?" Goose retorted. "Then why is Ice in the ladies room?"

"I went in the wrong room!"

He then leaned closer to Karen and whispered "Honey, we should pay for our food..."

Karen nodded, and turned to us.

"Well, I'm gonna go!" Karen said. "Forgot to pay for the food we had! Yeah..." She then dashed out of the room.

Iceman stood stiff by the sink and looked like he just saw a ghost. Maverick scowled at Iceman, and said "Tom, are you okay? Why were you kissing Karen in the bathroom?"

Iceman continued to stand still and stiff. He wasn't even blinking. He was almost paralyzed. I could tell that he was embarrassed by getting caught doing something wrong.

"I am one-hundred-and-one percent in love..." he said. He then closed his eyes and collapsed on the bathroom floor. He passed out.

"Oh geez," said Slider. "There's something wrong with him every time he hangs out with that Karen."

I nodded. When then helped pull Iceman up from the floor, and we dragged him back to his table. It looked weird having to drag Iceman back to his table, but we didn't have another choice.

Karen was already at the table, sighing and paying for her meal. I saw Ferris sitting at the chair at her table; his food (and so was mine) was gone. He basically ate the rest of his dinner without me.

Typical.

However, we forgot Slider's uncanny taunting when it comes to Karen. Once he laid eyes on her, he started laughing raucously again.

"HEY GUYS, LOOK!" Slider crooned. "IT'S A WILD KAREN RESTING IN ITS NATURAL HABITAT!"

Everyone in the restaurant turned to Slider, looking confused. Slider continued to laugh. Karen looked up at Slider and scowled.

"You bit—!" She cussed. "Get away from me!"

"SLIDER!" I snarled. "WHY?! LEAVE HER ALONE!"

Slider just scowled at me. "Fine," he moaned.

"There you are, my love!" I suddenly jumped at the sudden sound of a boy. I knew without a doubt that it was Daniel who said that.

And it was.

He ran up to me, looking a bit exhausted, and smiled. "I was looking for you!" He said. "Now where's my kiss?"

"What did ya say?!" Maverick growled. He heard every word Daniel said to me. Daniel froze in fear, and he weeped.

"I-I have a crush on her..." he said cowardly.

"Well, leave her be! She's my girlfriend!"

Scared, Daniel nodded. He then gave me a dirty look, his eyebrows scrunched.

"Is that Maverick? Pete Mitchell?" He whispered. I just nodded. He did nothing but snarl. He then bolted back towards his table.

I looked back at Maverick. "He has a crush on me, I'm so sorry," I said.

"Really? That's fine! You don't have to apologize!" Said Maverick. "I just wanted my girlfriend to be safe. Ya know."

I nodded. Maverick wrapped his arm around me and kissed me again. The moment his lips touched mine, I smiled. I felt all of the love enter my body, and I felt ecstatic.

This may be the weirdest night of my life, but at least I have Maverick with me.

                             —————————

Maverick and I were walking down the parking lot towards the Miramar Resort. I was quiet throughout the entire drive home. Maverick followed me on his motorcycle, so I couldn't even tell if he knew there was something bothering me. I was thinking about what Iceman and everyone said to me about how I should move on from Maverick. They were basically right, but something told me that I shouldn't listen to their helpful advice.

"Madison? You okay?"

I turned to Maverick. His calm, soft face looked friendly yet concerned. Pete also looked tired. I didn't judge him; it's been a long day and we were both tired.

"Pete... it's—"

"Was it something that Ice told you at the restaurant?"

I nodded.

"You can tell me what he said if you want. I won't get mad."

"Pete, he told me I have to move on without you! He took me to that restaurant because he wanted me to get a new boyfriend that's not you! I understand what he's trying to do, but I don't want to let you go..."

Maverick sighed, and facepalmed himself. He turned back to me, his eyes smoldering.

"Madison, I know how you feel about this, but there's a good chance that they're right. I'm already engaged, and—"

We reached the glass doors that lead to the entrance of the hotel by the time Maverick began his sentence. Once he told me that Iceman was right when he said that I had to move on, I got irritated. I threw the glass doors open at such a strong force that Pete flinched.

"How many times do I have to say that I don't want to let you go?!" I retorted. "I love you, Pete! You're the one that I want! So what am I supposed to do if I move on?! You're probably going to say find someone else, but there's no one out there like you...."

Maverick sighed, and hugged me yet again. I felt like he was upset at me. Not because I didn't want to let him go, but because I didn't want to move from letting him go.

"I don't want to lose you either," Maverick whispered in my ear. "Don't think about the dinner tonight. We'll find a solution to this dilemma."

I nodded, but Pete couldn't even tell that I nodded because he was hugging me and I was stuck in his grasp.

"I have work tomorrow, so I can't sleep with you tonight," Maverick said as he finally let me go. "But we can sleep together tomorrow. Roger?"

"Roger."

Maverick and I kissed one last time before heading into the hotel. I followed Maverick towards the elevators, thinking of what he just said.

He told me the same advice multiple times. Everyone is telling me this advice. But I can't seem to understand them.

Hopefully Maverick and I can figure out how to control our relationship when I leave in three days.

I don't know how to move on with my life without Pete Mitchell.

(Okay that ending was seriously unnecessary but whatever. Happy Easter y'all)

(Sorry this chapter was delayed :( cross country season is [almost] over for me and I've been very busy lately due to it (also marching band). I'm also working on a Top Gun oneshot thing right now, but I can't write in it because I have no clue what to write, lol. If you guys have any suggestions for a Top Gun oneshot, let me know in the comments!)
(Also, continue reading (if you can)! Next chapter is going to be intense... hehe >:))

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

302K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
147K 2.8K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
440K 15.6K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
534K 11.5K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.