CONTENDER ✔

By Kinza244

Finding his first love in his office, Taehyung felt quite happy despite his financial problems. Little did he... More

1: Meeting her
2: Teenager crush
3: Avoiding the curse
4: Keep it up
5: Whipped
6: Helper
7: Happy
8: Mr. Jeon
9: Not so bad
10: Jerk!
11: Ache
12: Getting ready
13: A try
14: Worse
15: Worst
16: New boss
17: Lashing out
18: Break
19: Second time
20: Stressing over
21: Duality
22: Dead end
23: Robber
24: Failed
25: Home?
26: Homeless
27: His need
28: Masked
29: Temporary home
30: Trust
31: Misunderstanding?
32: Not alone
33: Special warmth
34: Free of an accusation
35: Strong to weak
36: Hurt or hate?
37: Culprit
38: Blind
39: Hate?
40: Talk
41: His Peace
42: Open up
43: Longing
44: Someone special
46: Unexpected
47: Not again
48: Heartbroken
49: Once again
50: Contender
51: Love or Loved
52: Afraid
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: 1
Bonus Chapter: 2

45: Reasons

6.7K 434 93
By Kinza244

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"You.. these are for you,  Taehyung."

Taehyung blinked surprised all while the other was just staring at him for some sort of reaction that was hard to come by.

"Taehyung?"

"Oh God, hyung you got me for a second." Taehyung nervously chuckled getting the words as a joke. Jungkook sighed once the younger kept avoiding eye contact until their order was there. Although, the brunet grabbed the offered bouquet and placed it on the table.

"Thank you." Jungkook thanked the waitress who bowed with a smile and left the two.

Taehyung was still looking around, not even glancing at the raven-haired male in front of him, and that made Jungkook a bit disappointed.

"It feels like you don't like my company." Taehyung jerked his head to the older on the words.

"What? No!"

"Then why are you avoiding me like that, again?" The brunet bit his lower lip and grabbed the chopsticks. The word again made him feel guilty, he surely gave his new friend the wrong idea by his panicked reaction. 

"I'm sorry, hyung. I didn't mean that. I'm just a bit.. how to put it, a bit worried?" He chuckled awkwardly but Jungkook could feel that the other was really uncomfortable because of some reason.

"You can tell me anything, you know that, right?" Taehyung nodded his head but how he can talk with the other when he was the reason for the restlessness in his heart and mind?

For a few minutes, there was silence between them after which Taehyung made himself busy with the pasta he ordered while Jungkook lost his appetite just by the look of the other. But, somehow he managed to eat the food.

"It's getting cold, do you want something to drink? I'm ordering a coffee for myself." Jungkook again tried to strike up a conversation.

"No, I'm fine."

The way Taehyung was reacting, made Jungkook feel defeated in every way. He came all the way to make a good move to make sure about his feelings about the other, but to his dismay, the brunet seemed not even getting a hint from his words or actions.

The whole situation just made another crack in his heart. It felt like he was again going to lose someone, but this time the loss will be the biggest one.

His trance of thoughts broke on a wince by a familiar voice and his eyes widened in horror as he saw the brunet hissing in pain because of the very hot liquid that burnt his whole arm, making his button-up shirt sleeve stick to his skin.

"What the hell!" Jungkook seethed at the waitress who was already apologizing for the mistake.

Very gently, Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's other arm and followed the waitress to the restroom to do the first aid.

Taehyung was continuously biting his lips, trying his best not to cry in front of the older one when Jungkook gently rolled up his sleeve to see a very big red gash. The red burning skin made Jungkook clench his jaw in both anger and frustration.

The waitress came with the kit and helped Jungkook to find the creams for the burns.

"Shh, it's ok." Jungkook kept mumbling as he softly blew over the skin while putting the medicine over it.

Taehyung almost forgot his pain when one hand of Jungkook started rubbing over his waist as the other applied the medicine. His mind went blank when Jungkook lifted him up from the counter and sneaked one arm behind his back while keeping a very feathery hold over the burnt arm.

"I'm really sorry, sir. I don't know how I slipped." The waitress apologized again and Taehyung just dismissed the topic.

"It's ok." Jungkook, although grumpy, paid the bill and left the restaurant as soon as possible, blaming himself for whatever happened.

He made Taehyung sit on the seat very carefully and led him to the nearest hospital even when the latter protested that it wasn't that bad.

After the proper check-up, and all, he called Jin and told him about what happened. He also told him that he would drop Taehyung back at the house instead of the club and Jin definitely agreed after making sure that the burn wasn't too much bad.

"It wasn't necessary, I'm fine." Taehyung again protested but it went to deaf ears.

As per instructions by Jin, the raven-haired found the key, opened the door, and silently dragged the other to his room.

"Hyung~"

Jungkook simply opened his closet and grabbed some loose sweatshirt and gave it to the other to change into. Taehyung's right wrist was burnt and thus he wasn't able to do most of his things, or more precisely, Jungkook wasn't ready to see him try even a bit. 

Taehyung's heart almost jumped out when Jungkook grabbed the sweats again and walked to the bed where he was sitting with wide eyes.

"Don't worry, I'll close my eyes but you can't change it on your own." Taehyung opened his mouth again but Jungkook was quick as he leaned forth and started unbuttoning the shirt he was wearing.

A deep blush spread on his cheeks when Jungkook's fingers brushed against his skin. His heart almost skipped a beat when he noticed the same deep crimson blush on the ears of the older.

His eyes couldn't move away from the face of Jungkook. His closed eyes, pointed nose, dark and a little curly hair, red lips, and perfect jaw, all felt so unreal.

There was a point when his heartbeat was so loud that he could feel it in his ears when Jungkook placed his one hand above his burnt one, the back of his palm brushing against the shirt as he prevented the same thing from happening on the skin when he removed the sleeve.

His every gesture was so gentle and careful that it left Brunet's heart a complete mess.

When the shirt was completely off, Jungkook briefly opened his eyes to see the right side of sweat before closing his eyes again.

Taehyung slightly assisted him to take the sweatshirt to his head and during this, their hands touched, sending tingles down their bodies.

Again, Jungkook carefully covered his burnt hand before slipping the sleeve over his arm.

When it was done after what felt like so long, Jungkook finally opened his eyes to look into the brown ones which were already focused on his.

"Did I hurt you?" He breathed out, eyes still locked with the other's.

Finding himself in a daze, Taehyung shook his head slowly and finally looked down, still feeling his heart jumping inside his ribcage.

Seeing the nervousness back again, Jungkook sighed and got up from the bed, producing a considerable distance between them.

"I'm staying here as Jin hyung asked me to. Have some rest and call me if you need anything." With his side vision, Taehyung watched the older man grab his previous shirt and enter the bathroom to put it in the basket before walking back to the door.

Deep inside, he wanted to stop him from leaving but he knew better than to let it happen as his mind and heart were kinda out of control.

If he was straight, then why he was feeling like that? Every little touch of the other left him all tingly and restless, in a good way. Why he felt hypnotized while looking at those dark eyes? Why did his heart jump so loudly at the closeness?

The moment the door closed, Jungkook leaned back on it and his body slid down, settling on the floor.

It was too much for his already suffering heart. It felt like the point when he just couldn't control himself anymore. He was getting desperate for the other who was still acting oblivious to his feelings.

"What should I do? What can I do to make you feel about my emotions, Tae?"

Little did he know that his actions and words already left a mark on the other's heart.

"You, these are for you, Taehyung."

Those words already made him think about the raven-haired because he was sure, he witnessed something in his eyes when he said those words.

The way he looked so excited for the dinner and all, brought flowers-

Flowers-

"Flowers?!" He almost screamed and it didn't even take a second as the door was opened by a very concerned Jungkook.

"What happened, Tae?" The nickname slipped automatically but both ignored that for the moment.

"Um- I- I forgot the flowers on the table." He exclaimed with a guilty look and that was enough to warm up Jungkook's heart who gave him a warm smile.

"I can bring more if you want."

"No, I mean, those were special, for me." Jungkook smiled more and stepped inside the room again.

"Every time, they will be, especially for you." Taehyung blinked surprised but overcome his shock when Jungkook's phone buzzed and the other attended to the call before leaving the room.

For some unknown reason, Taehyung felt his heart swelling up with the warmth he was in search of like the void was slowly getting filled back and this time in a better way.

He was left with his messed up thoughts that just got more jumbled up after the other left him alone. His mind was trying to find a reason for the other's peculiar behavior and was coming back with only one answer, the one he believed in as he couldn't just believe in the others or could he?

_______

It was around 12 am when Jungkook came back into his room with another bouquet of the same flowers and this time it was bigger than the former and the same box.

"Hyung!"

"These are for you, and I just remember that I also forgot something on the table." Jungkook sheepishly rubbed his neck. He was lucky to find the box because the same waitress kept it to herself when she noticed that and returned it to him.

Taehyung was once again speechless as he also noticed the box that Jungkook placed beside his seat in the restaurant.

"I got that for you as well and was thinking to give it to you after dinner but." He sighed sadly but Taehyung smiled and got up to grab the beautifully wrapped box and placed it on the bed.

It was like his body was working on his own after he took the box from the other's hold and in turn, wrapped his good arm around the other's back, head leaning down on the buff chest.

For Jungkook, the time stopped right there though he was sure that the younger meant it only in a friendly way, he just couldn't stop his heart that was happily jumping.

"Thank you so much, hyung." Taehyung softly started, head still buried over the other's chest.

"Thanks a lot. I can see, you're putting so much effort in this all but as I said before-" He parted back and sadly smiled as his eyes reflected a hint of deep sadness as well.

"- I helped your grandfather because I really wanted to do so. You don't need to pay back for this in such a way when you already did so much for me." If words could leave a visible scar, Jungkook would be littered with the painful ones.

"Tae-"

"I know, you're really grateful for it all but I mean it, I mean it when I called him grandpa. You don't need to feel burdened for-"

His words suddenly stopped when Jungkook freed himself from his little grasp and left his room, leaving him all baffled.

____________

Assalam o alaikum! Good or bad?

Happiest birthday to our little mochi 💜 💖 💕 💗 💓 ❤ 💜 who can be very hot as well ㅠ_ㅠ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427K 22K 55
'' So, you are Jeon Jungkook?...Second closest person to Taehyung?'' Bogum asked with a smile. '' Nah....First.'' Jungkook replied smugly. '' Huh?" B...
282K 10.5K 22
[COMPLETED] "I fucking hate you Kim!" "Aww,then do you think I love you to the core? I also fucking hate you Jeon!" Taehyung and Jungkook hated each...
1M 45.3K 53
Things get interesting when Jimin started dating Jeon Jungkook ________________________ Highest Ranking #1 in Angst #3 in Jikook Date Started: Augus...
590K 22.1K 52
( Completed ✔) Kim Taehyung arrogant and cold hearted CEO of Kim Corporation , Something happened in his past which made him hate the word Love. Jung...