My companion | میرےہمدم

By 7Hazel

#3 in Pakistan ( 4-1-2021) #1 in Pakistan (19-1-2021) What will happen when two opposite souls are betrothed... More

Authors note
Characters Sketch
Reflection|عکس
Dissociation | بچھڑنا
Sparkle | رونق
Priceless | انمول
Meeting | ملاقات
Restlessness | اضطراب
Stars | انجم
I do | قبول ہے
Indifference | تغافل
Strangers | اغیار
Coincidence | اتفاق
Gem | گوہر
Effort | کاوش
Full Moon | ماہ کامل
Longing | حسرت
Worry | تفکر
Determination | عزم
Blow | ضرب
Darkness | تیرگی
Begining | ابتداء
Sincerity | اخلاص
Responsibilty | ذمہ داري
Pain | درد
Mark | نقش
Trust | اعتماد
Colors | رنگ
Author's note
Family | خاندان
Moment | لمحہ
Care | خیال
Delighted | شاد
Selfless | بےلوث
Protector | پاسباں
Birthday | سالگراہ
Birthday-II | سالگراہ
Birthday-III | سالگراہ
Gradually | رفتہ رفتہ
Closeness | قربت
Related | وابستہ
Affect | اثر
Eid | عید
Embrace | آغوش
Face to face | مقابل
Dewy | شبنمی
Not an update
Unique | نایاب
Drop | قطرہ
Lost in wonder | محوحیرت
Sacred | مقدس
Knock | دستک
Separation | جدائی
Evening | سانجھ
Awaiting | منتظر
Unexpected | غیر متوقع
Twilight | شفق
Confront | روبرو
Misunderstanding |غَلَط فہمی
Helplessness | بے بسی
Unease | خلش
Complete | مکمل
Author's note
Epilogue-1

Epilogue-2

32.8K 1.1K 535
By 7Hazel

HAPPY READ!

------------------------------------------------

Nazar jub us say milthi thi, 

Mein khud ko bhool jatha tha.

Bus aik dharkan dharkthi thi,

Mein khud ko bhool jatha tha.

Us say milne say pehle,

Bohut sajtha sanwartha tha.

Magar jub wo sanwarthi thi,

Mein khud ko bhool jatha tha.

Mein aksar yehi kehtha tha,

Mein tum say pyaar krtha hun.

Magar jub wo kehthi thi,

Mein khud ko bhool jatha tha. 

------------------------------------------------

It was early morning. The rays of sunlight peaked above the mountains brightening up the sky. The crows had started cawing and the birds were chirping all around. A fresh wind was blowing.

"Wani", Faryal called Wania in a hushed tone and held her hand so Wania couldn't move away. Faryal looked at her side Zohaib was making dua with his eyes closed and hands spread together in front of him. She shifted her gaze down, Zahra was doing the same with a small stole wrapped around her head. They were standing in front of Ayza's grave

Faryal picked up Wania in her arms, guided her to spread her hands, and mumbled, "Allah Miyan, take care of Wania's mummy". Wania turned her head towards Faryal.

"Wani say Ameen", Faryal instructed Wania.

"Ameen", Wania said in a baby voice.

(A/N: Wania is almost 2.5 years old if in case anyone wants to know)

Faryal kissed her cheek and shifted her eyes towards Ayza's grave. Today was Zahra's 5th birthday which meant Ayza's 5th death anniversary as well. Whoever says that pain lessens with the passage of time, has never known what pain is in real. The graves in the cemetery get old but the grieve of the loved ones always remains like an open wound.

Faryal starred at the grave and mumbled a prayer for Ayza's soul. Her thoughts drifted to the day when Zohaib asked Faryal why her Ammi's grave is filled with small flowering plants.

When Faryal was little her Baba Jan had told her that if a plant grows on the grave it will keep on glorifying Almighty as long as it remains fresh, green, and flourishing i.e, until it withers. And because of its glorification, divine mercy will be shown on the deceased.

If someone asks, What is love? They need to see these two graves. "Beautiful", and "Graves", are two words that everyone believes couldn't be used in one sentence but Zohaib and her baba have proved everyone wrong. 

Every weekend Zohaib would come back home with muddy clothes and shoes. His hands were dirty with the mud but there would be always baby plants sprouting on the grave.

Love is the way these colorful floral plants have covered every bit of the grave. It makes her wonder if that isn't the heaven everyone talks about. Giving someone heaven up there is entirely Almighty's job but building up heaven through love and selflessness for your loved one is the purest form of unconditional love.

Seeing all the muddy and miserable graves around. It made her realize what love really does to someone. Love makes us stand tall among the others.

"Ammi", Zahra called her, breaking Faryal's train of thoughts.

"Hmm Zahra", Faryal looked at her.

"I'm done. I've said everything to mummy and Allah Miyan you taught me", Zahra said.

"Good", Faryal smiled.

"Daddy can I plant it now", Zahra asked picking up the baby plant she selected in the market.

Zohaib opened his eyes and sat down on his feet. "Yes", he took the plant from Zahra and removed the plastic which was wrapped around its roots. He dug the soil a little bit and guided Zahra's hands and planted it in the soil.

Wania was looking at them intently. "Daddy Wani", she said. Wania wanted to do whatever Zahra was doing, as usual.

"Yes, Wani has brought a gift for mummy as well. Come", Zohaib said. Wania's face lit up. Faryal put her down on the ground and she walked towards Zohaib. Wania planted one baby plant and then picked up another.

"Wani this is nanu's gift we can't plant it here, right daddy?", Zahra turned towards Zohaib. Faryal was cleaning Zahra's hand with a handkerchief.

"Yes", Zohaib replied.

"Yes", Wania repeated his words.

"Ammi why can't nanu and mummy live with us", Zahra asked.

"They are with Allah Miyan", Faryal replied.

"And why?", Zahra frowned. She was growing up and started to question everything. Faryal looked at Zohaib.

"Because they are too precious to Allah Miyan", Faryal replied and kissed Zahra's forehead.

"They are precious", Zahra mumbled. Zohaib signaled Faryal through his eyes that 'it was alright.

For now, he knew this answer was enough for Zahra. Parenting is a beautiful yet demanding job. Educating a child about a sensitive topic requires a lot of courage and death is one of them. Faryal and Zohaib had decided that they won't leave their children unsatisfied with their answers because it would make the kids confused and the chances of them getting wrong information will be higher.

"Let's meet nanu", Zohaib picked up Wania. Faryal nodded and she held Zahra's hand.

Zohaib took a few steps, then stopped and looked back.

"Faryal", he called her and forwarded his hand in her direction.

"Ji (Yes)", Faryal looked up. She looked him into the eyes and then to his hand and understood. She placed her hand on his palm and he held it.

"Shall we go?", he asked.

"Yes", she smiled and nodded her head.

They spend some time at her mother's grave and went back home.

*****

Mahum stepped out of the washroom. Her wet hair had left a wet patch on her light blue lawn shirt. Her eyes shifted towards the bed where Huzaifa was asleep and then to the wall clock.

"He is getting late", she thought.

She walked up to the bed, sat down beside him, and grazed her finger into his hair, "Huzaifa you are getting late for work", she said.

"Hmm", Huzaifa hummed with his eyes closed and pulled the comforter over his face. She shook her head.

"Huzaifa", she called him again but he didn't budge at all.

"I'll know exactly how to wake you up", Mahum mumbled. She pulled the comforter away from his face and leaned down towards his ear.

"Honey bunny, you are getting late work", she whispered. Keeping her voice as soft and loving as possible. Her wet locks were spread on his face.

"Stop calling me that", He groaned. A pair of hands encircled her waist and in a blink of an eye, she was lying above him. A victorious smile appeared across her face. He placed his face in the crook of her neck. "And let me sleep".

"Huzaifa Ahmed Durrani doesn't want to go for work. That's unlikely", she said.

"How unromantic", He removed her hair from his face and looked into her eyes. His disheveled hair and hoarse voice made him look hot. "You should have insisted me to stay at home".

"Like you would stay if I say", she replied as matter of fact.

"I-", he bent down towards her lips but before their lips could meet Mahum pulled away. "Get up", she stated and got up from the bed.

Huzaifa groaned.

"Get up Huzaifa, come on just look at the time", she said dramatically. 

Huzaifa got up from the bed disheartedly and went inside the washroom. 

*****

Huzaifa was standing in front of the mirror. He was humming a song and adjusted his collar.

Mahum took the tie from his hand and encircled it around his neck and carefully tied a knot. Huzaifa starred at her in surprise.

"Done", she patted his chest, looked up, and smiled. She sat down on the dressing table and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Khairyat? (Is everything alright?)", He encircled his arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

"Why? can't I take care of my husband", she murmured and bit her lip.

"Ahan! I see", He brought his hand to her face and released her lip from her teeth. "Your husband appreciates it very much" he smiled and pecked her lips.

She blushed and slightly pushed him away "Go, you are getting late for work my dear workaholic husband".

"Stupid", He groaned at the loss of her touch.

"Who did you call stupid?", she narrowed her eyes. "Tum hogay stupid, tumhre bachay hongay stup- (Your kids are stu-)", she paused as she realized what she was about to say.

"Because of their mother", he winked. She could feel the heat radiating through her cheeks.

"My son is not stupid", She hit him on the chest.

"Indeed, Indeed", he said.

"Haider didn't cry last night. I would say it was a miracle", he said.

"He did actually", she laughed. "But I took Haider out because you came home late yesterday so I thought we should not disturb your sleep", she said.

"You did that for me", his lips twitched up in surprise.

"Of course", she replied. She suddenly remembered his words again and slapped him on his chest, "My son is not stupid", she added.

"You said that. I won't dare to.", he pressed his lips together and raised his hand in the air.

"Ya Allah", She closed her eyes. He stifled his chuckle. "Huzaifa I don't understand if Allah made me fall in love with you as a punishment of my sins or a reward for my good deeds".

"A reward, obviously", he said cooly.

"Acha rehne do (Okay, leave it)", she pouted and looked at him with puppy eyes. She added. "Mein kya keh rahi thi (I was saying)", she said lovingly. He looked at her with doubtful eyes.

"Meesha planned an all-girls outing, I mean we will be taking the kids with us a-",

"But you are not going", he interjected.

"Why? It's just a matter of 4 days", she narrowed her eyes.

"4 DAYS, NO WAY MAHUM", he narrowed his eyes too.

"I am not asking", she replied.

"Whatever, you are still not going", he mumbled.

"Huzaifa that's absurd",

"I'll miss both of you", 

"But we have decided it already. I can't back off due to your emotional blackmailing", she huffed.

"I'll take your wherever you want to go but not like that",

"You can not decide for me", she backed off.

"I can", he held her jaw, turned her face towards him, and kissed her cheek.

"I'm not listening to you", she pushed him and took off from the dressing table. "Meesha and Faryal will have to go without me due to your childish stunts. I will go.", she said angrily.

"Faryal is also going?", Huzaifa asked.

"Obviously", she said in an annoyed tone and walked out of the room in anger.

"Consider your plan canceled already", he laughed. Huzaifa finished his work in the room and went downstairs. Everyone was sitting in the dining area already. Wania was running around the table. Huzaifa picked up Wania in his arms from the back and twirled her, Wania squealed.

He put her down on the floor and bent down to her level and asked, "Who's baby is this?".

"Jahra (Zahra)", Wania replied and sat down in Zahra's lap. Zahra wrapped her arms around Wania and was almost hidden behind her.

"What?", Huzaifa's lips twitched up into amusement.

"My baby Wani", Zahra said the way their Ammi says and kissed Wania's cheek. It brought a smile to everyone's face. 

"See, that's why I always wanted to have daughters. Thank God Almighty has blessed us with these angels", Mom said.

"You are right Saba", Tayi Ammi said. 

Huzaifa took Haider from Tayi Ammi and started talking to him. 

Faryal walked out of the kitchen and put down the plates on the dining table. She shook her head as her eyes fell on her daughters. She picked up Wania from Zahra's lap, held Zahra's hand, and brought them to the dining area. Everyone settled down in the dining area. Faryal put down Wania on the table with her legs hanging down whereas Zahra took a chair beside her Ammi.

Faryal made a morsel and took it to Zahra's mouth, "We don't want to get late for school, right Zahra?"

"Yes Ammi", Zahra said and chewed the food.

Faryal made another morsel and fed it to Wania. This was her daily routine, feeding her daughters by her own hands. Zohaib settled down on a chair on her other side. 

"Let them eat by themselves Faryal, you should eat your breakfast. Take care of yourself. Just look at yourself you are getting lean day by day", Dadi Jan said. 

"Dadi Jan it makes me happy to do everything for my kids. I'll eat, don't worry", Faryal said.    

"Fary are you done with the packing?", Mahum asked Faryal.

Faryal paused and looked around.

"Ammi", Wania called her as it was her turn to be fed. Faryal fed Wania and said meekly, "Mahum I can not go with both of you, I'm sorry",

"You can't go but why?", Mahum's eyes went wide. Everyone turned towards them. "How can you back off now Fary?" she questioned dejectedly.

"I discussed it with Zohaib and-",

"And he said no", Mahum interjected in disbelief. She could sense Huzaifa's eyes on her.

"No", Faryal frowned. "He didn't deny at all". Faryal shrugged. Mahum gave her a look which clearly meant she was expecting a valid reason.

"Zohaib said he has never gone out with his friends leaving the kids and me at home. Which is right, suppose our husbands do this to us wouldn't it make us sad. I'm sure it would Mahum. That's why I think we should go for a family outing instead of this girls sort of thing".

Mahum bent in Faryal's direction and whispered, "He clearly manipulated you Fary, Gosh why are you so naive?". 

"You are misunderstanding Mahum", Faryal shook her head.

"Why didn't you tell this to me before?", Mahum groaned.

"I'm sorry", Faryal apologized.

Mahum slowly turned her eyes towards Huzaifa, he starred her back for a few seconds and then turned his face away.

Huzaifa cleaned his mouth with a napkin and stood up, "I'll be back soon, just have to attend one important meeting. If you need anything just give me a call Bhai".

"Sure Huzaifa", Zohaib nodded.

"Assalam u Alaikum", Zain said loudly as he walked up to them.

"Wow, what a surprise", Dadi Jan said happily.

Zain smiled. He met everyone one by one and then settled down on one of the chairs.

"Chacho", Zahra chirped and ran towards him, and sat down in his lap.

"Happy Birthday Zahra", he hugged her.

"Thank you", Zahra smiled. Wania also copied Zahra and went there. Her eyes flickered between Zain and Zahra as they were busy talking to each other. 

"Chacho", Wania nudged Zain's knee. 

Zain turned his gaze down, Wania was looking at him with puppy eyes.

"Wani, my love", he picked her up and made her sit on his other leg. Wania's eyes twinkled with happiness.

"How's everyone back home?", Mom asked Zain.

"They are doing well", Zain replied. "They will in the evening, I came early because I wanted to help Bhai", Zain stated.

"Did you have breakfast?", Faryal questioned.

"No, I wanted to eat something Mom has cooked?", Zain replied.

"What do you want to eat?", Mom asked Zain. It was hard for her to let go of Zain a few years ago knowing it was hard for him as well, but they did it somehow. On days like these, when the whole family is together Zain's presence is missed a lot by the whole family.

"Anything Mom", Zain's lips stretched into a tightlipped smile.

Zain softly pushed away hair from Zahra's forehead and said, "It healed". 

"Yeah it did, Thank God", Zohaib said.  "Otherwise you know very well Zahra's mother would be still crying". 

Flashback starts:

Faryal was preparing lunch for Zohaib and the kids as no one else was home. She made Zahra and Wania sit in the living area so they won't be away from her eyes.

Wania wore Faryal's block heels and wrapped her Ammi's dupatta around her neck.

"Wania you are going to fall down like this", Zahra said and held Wania's arm.

"No", Wania shook her head and removed Zahra's hand from her arm. She stumbled but kept moving. The heels made a clinking voice. The dupatta trailed behind her. 

"Waniii", Zahra picked up the dupatta so Wania would not trip on it. Zahra was worried for her little sister.

Wania was humming something. Suddenly she stumbled again but before she could fall Zahra held her but in the process, Zahra lost the balance and bumped her forehead on the edge of a table, and fell down.

"Ahhhh", Zahra cried. Wania paused and she looked at Zahra with horror-filled eyes. Faryal rushed out of the kitchen after hearing Zahra's cry.

"Ammiii", Zahra wailed.

"What happened?", Faryal sat down on the floor and picked up Zahra. Faryal paled as she saw Zahra's forehead was bleeding. Faryal could neither leave her bleeding there nor she could take Zahra to their room. The only thing which she could think of at that time was to call Zohaib. With trembling hands, she picked up her mobile and dialed his number, and at the same time, she was trying to calm down Zahra as well. Zahra's cry was like a stab to her heart.

Zohaib entered the house at the exact moment. He got worried as he heard Zahra's loud cry.

"What happened to Zahra?", Zohaib said worriedly.

"Her forehead is bleeding", Faryal replied. She was trying hard to control her tears because in that way it would only panic Zahra. Zahra held her Ammi's hand tightly. Zohaib hurriedly went somewhere and came back with a first aid box in his hands.

"It won't need stitches?", Faryal asked in a hopeful tone. She looked scared.

"I'll have to clean it first to know how deep it is", He said whilst disinfecting it. Zahra let out a scream. This time both of her parents flinched. He might have treated hundreds of kids, but seeing his own child in this condition was causing pain in his heart too.

"Thank God, it is a scratch. Zahra doesn't need stitches", Zohaib said to Faryal. She nodded. He carefully bandaged her wound. By now Zahra has cried so much that her eyes were swollen. She was still lying in Ammi's lap.

"How did it happen Zahra?", Faryal asked softly. She dipped down her head and kissed Zahra's head.

"Ammi Wani stumbled so I was trying to save her", Zahra hiccuped in between.

"Wania", Faryal mumbled.

"Where is Wania?", Zohaib asked.

They glanced around, Wania was standing in the corner and crying silently. Zohaib stood up and walked up to Wania. He picked her up in his arms. She hugged him tightly and placed her head on his shoulder. He rubbed her back.

"Wani it's alright love", He said softly. He walked back and sat down on the floor beside them. Wania slowly moved her head towards Faryal.

"Jahra (Zahra)", Wania sniffed. She was looking intently at Zahra who was clung to her Ammi. She released herself from her daddy's hold and stepped forward.

"Jahra", she said again. This time her voice was louder almost like a cry. Tears were falling from her eyes.

"Zahra is fine now", Faryal held Wania and made her sit on her lap as well. She was very well aware of the fact that no matter how naughty and careless Wania was, she was still very fond of her elder sister.

Wania looked into Faryal's eyes. "Zahra is fine now", Faryal said again. Wania nodded.

Faryal grazed her fingers through Wania's hair and said in a soft voice, "But you have to say sorry to Zahra. I told you Zahra is your elder sister and you have to listen to her. See, now she got injured".

Wania moved forward and kissed Zahra's cheek. Zahra sat down straight and hugged Wania.

"I love you", Zahra said and kissed Wania's cheek. Faryal and Zohaib heaved a sigh of relief. 

But after that Zahra kept crying all day over little things. The pain had made her cranky.

Later at night, Zohaib entered the room. His eyes fell on the bed where Faryal was sitting in the bed between their daughters, with her back pressed against the bed. Zahra and Wania were lying on her sides, hugging her waist and their legs were almost above Faryal's leg. She was looking down at her girls and grazing her fingers in their hair. 

Zohaib stepped forward and sat down on the bed. He heard a soft sniff. He looked at Faryal's face intently and realized she was crying. She was unaware of his presence.

"Hey, why are you crying?", His eyebrows wriggled in concern. She turned her head towards him.

"Zahra has cried so much today. It must be painful for her Zohaib. See, even her forehead is swollen now", she stated.

"Mera tou khud dil nikal gaya tha Zahra ko aese dekh kar (I also got terrified seeing Zahra cry like tah)", he said as matter of fact. "But Thank God it was not a deep cut. We should be grateful for that, right?". He wiped her tears. She nodded.

"But Zohaib what if the scar won't go away? Zahra won't like it when she will grow up", her eyes brimmed with tears again. "Her birthday is also coming".

"It won't. The ointment would not only heal the wound but also inhibit the formation of the scar. And hopefully her wound will be recovered before her birthday, we still have a month of time".

She thought for a moment and then nodded her head.

"How will it work if you would keep crying for the kids more than them. Kids do get injured and it's a normal thing ", he tried to pacify her.

"I don't know", she said meekly and looked him into the eyes. "I can't see both of them in pain.".

"Wania is becoming naughty day by day", He glanced at Wania and his lips stretched into a smile. "I used to be like her when I was a child". He wanted to change the topic.

"I don't mind at all", Faryal smiled. "Zahra is like me so Wania should be like you. I believe in equality, Mr. Zohaib Ahmed Durrani".

"I am indebted to you Mrs. Zohaib Ahmed Durrani", he said playfully.

"Such a grateful husband", she smiled.

"Koe shuq? (Any doubt?)",

"No", she shook her head and smiled.

"Good for you", he replied, pretending to be serious.

He picked up the storybook from the bed and put it on the nightstand. To reduce the screen time in their kids' life they have instilled a habit of bedtime stories in both Zahra and Wania." They are sleeping with us today?", Zohaib asked.

"Yes, Zahra wanted to sleep with me", she said.

"Umm that's great", he picked up the kids carefully and laid them on the bed with their heads placed on the soft pillows.

Flashback ends 

Huzaifa bid them adieu and went outside the and Mahum followed him. He put on the shades and was about to sit down in the car when his eyes fell on Mahum. She was looking at him from afar. He closed the door and walked back towards her. She opened her left arm. He smiled and bent down to hug her and placed his chin on her left shoulder. She encircled her left arm around his neck and turned her face towards him. Her gaze shifted from his eyes to his cheek. She placed a kiss on his cheek and said "Allah Hafiz Honey bunny".

*****

"I'll join you today", Zohaib stood up as Faryal was going to drop Zahra at school. Zohaib had taken off from the work today.

"Yayyy", Zahra raised her hands in the air and jumped due to happiness.

"Yay", Wania copied her too and bobbled up and down as she could not jump properly.

"They are so happy", Faryal laughed and handed the car keys to Zohaib. The kids sat down in the back passenger seats while Faryal took the front passenger seat and Zohaib ignited the engine.

After about 15 minutes of drive, they reached Zahra's school. Zahra hugged and kissed her parents and went inside the school whereas Wania was crying to follow Zahra. Faryal picked her from the backseat and made her sit on her lap.

"Do you want to go to school?", Faryal asked and wiped Wania's tears.

Wania nodded with tears-filled eyes. 

"Daddy, admit Wania in the school too", Faryal said.

Zohaib shifted his eyes towards them. "Okay, I will", he said and looked back at the road.

Wania smiled and after that, she became busy seeing the people and other vehicles on the road.  

"That's our everyday mood", Faryal said to Zohaib, pointing at Wania's condition.

"When are joining the hospital?", Zohaib asked.

"In a few months. Once Wania starts going to school I'll be free", Faryal replied. After Wania's birth, she decided to pursue a master's degree first. 

In a few minutes, they reached home. Everyone was busy in preparation for the Quran khwani and Zahra's birthday.

*****

Faryal was adjusting the red roses in the vase. She stilled as she sensed a pair of arms snaked around her waist.

"You are here", Zohaib mumbled in her ear and nestled his face on her shoulder. "

"Hmm", He inhaled her floral scent. She smelled heavenly and it soothed his mind.

"Just hmm", he asked.

"Hmm", A playful smile made its way on her face.

"Why do you love these flowers so much?", Zohaib asked.

"Because these flowers are special", she said meekly. She touched the petals of the flower. 

"Special? hmm, how?", he asked.

She tilted her head up a little bit, their eyes met "You bring these for me that's why these flowers are so special to me. It's been years but not even once you let my vase be filled with withered flowers. Zohaib your touch makes everything special and beautiful".

His face softened and his lips turned up in a beautiful smile. "I don't know what to do with you", he whispered and kissed her forehead. 

"You are looking alluring", he said. She was wearing a lavender-colored flowy chiffon gown with a silver-colored metallic belt around her waist, according to the theme of the birthday party. Her hair was tugged into a loose fishtail. She looked up, his eyes were fixed on her. 

"Thanks", She blushed bright pink from her neck to her hairline.

"Only Thanks?", he repeated her words and frowned.

"Yes", she patted his chest, stretched her lips forming a line, and turned around. She adjusted the last two roses in the vase which were left.   

"The kids were asking for you", he said. She giggled when he nipped at her sweet spot just between her neck and shoulder. He smiled at how responsive she was.

"Zohaib you should get read-",

"Fary are you ready?", Meesha entered into the walk-in closet. She paused as she looked up. Zohaib quickly stepped back.

"Oops", Meesha's eyes fluttered between Zohaib and Faryal.

"I didn't know you guys were planning to have another kid", Meesha smirked.

"I wish you knew how to enter into someone else's room", Zohaib rolled his eyes.

"The door was opened", Meesha shrugged.

"Meeshu", Faryal signaled her to stop.

Zohaib heaved an audible deep sigh, picked up his clothes from the closet, and walked inside the washroom. Meesha burst into a peal of laughter as he closed the door with a light thud.

"Keep it down", Faryal said to her.

"Why would I?", Meesha winked. An embarrassed blush crept across Faryal's face.

"Stupid", Faryal slapped her arm lightly to which Meesha chuckled in reply.

"Let's go downstairs, you are already ready. Zohaib can come by himself", Meesha held Faryal's wrist and dragged her downstairs.

The lavender and silver-colored decore along with fairy lights looked mesmerizing. 

Faryal looked around Wania and Zahra were sitting with Ayza's parents, probably telling them their never-ending stories. 

"Is it me or Haider really looks like Zain now", Baba Jan said looking intently at Haider in his arms.

"Yes, uncle you are right. Haider does look like Zain indeed.", Mahum said. 

"That's my reward for playing the cupid", Zain said. "Right Haider?", he said lovingly to Haider.

"Sure", Huzaifa and Mahum laughed.

*****

Zahra was standing in front of the table, ready to cut the cake. Faryal lit up the candles and handed the knife to Zahra. They were surrounded by the whole family.

"All set Zahra?", Faryal asked.

Zahra looked up and smiled.

Mahum came forward holding Wania in her arms. "Guys our chief guest is upset", she gazed at Wania and then back to Faryal, signaling her that Wania was upset.

"What happened to my daughter?", Zohaib stepped forward and took a sulking Wania from Mahum.

"Wani do you want to cut the cake with me?", Zahra asked.

Wania nodded.

"Come, we will cut it together", Zahra said.

"Are you sure Zahra?", Faryal asked.

"Yes Ammi", Zahra smiled again.

Zohaib put down Wania on the table. Zahra and Wania together held the knife in their hand.

"Wani we have to blow the candles first", Zahra said to Wania. "Let's count okay, 1...2...3", a birthday song played in the background and they blew the candles at the same time. Wania left the knife and started clapping her hands. She was very excited.

Zahra stretched her hand towards her Ammi, Faryal took a bite and then fed it back to Zahra.

She took Zahra's face in between her palms, bent down a bit, and said, "Happy Birthday my child". She kissed Zahra's forehead and added, "You will always be my sunshine, my little angel. Your mother loves you so much!".

"I love you too Ammi", Zahra hugged her Ammi.

"And Oh! I have to feed it to daddy as well", Zahra said. She stepped back and picked up a piece of cake again.

Zohaib was clearly sulking, he didn't look any less than Wania. Zahra turned towards him and forwarded her hand.

Zohaib looked at her and his eyes softened. Instead of bending to Zahra's level, he picked up Zahra in his arm. He took the bite from the cake and wished her birthday.

"Daddy put me down, I'm big now", Zahra whined.

"Nah, you will be daddy's little girl forever", Zohaib said and kissed Zahra's cheek.

After that everyone gave their gifts and blessing to Zahra.

Zahra and Wania were playing with Moosa, whereas Huziafa was taking care of them.

Zohaib's eyes were fixed on his daughters as well. Haider let out a soft cry, Zohaib looked down at Haider, he was in his arms. Zohaib lightly patted Haider.

"Haider you woke up", Faryal said in a baby voice.

"Faryal what's Moosa doing around our daughters?", Zohaib asked.

Faryal looked at the kids they were playing, "Moosa is playing with them", she said cooly.

"Thanks for informing me", He rolled his eyes.

"Zohaib, Moosa is a 4 years old kid, why do you have to take Meesha so seriously, you she is-", Faryal stopped mid-sentence at the exact moment Moosa kissed Zahra's cheek and then Wania's. She turned her gaze towards Zohaib, his features got tense.

"Huzaifa", He called out.

"Yes Bhai", Huzaifa replied.

"Wania and Zahra have played enough, please bring them here", Zohaib stated.

"Sure bhai",

Zohaib turned his head, and looked into Faryal's eyes for a moment and then back to Haider.

"There we go", Faryal muttered and shook her head.

Huzaifa came back holding Zahra's and Wania's hands. Moosa was following them. Zahra and Wania sat down beside Zohaib.

"Daddy what's Haider doing?", Zahra asked. Wania was silently looking at him. Both kids were fond of Haider.

"He just woke up", Zohaib said softly.

Moosa tried to come closer to them as well but Zohaib wasn't ready to let him sit with his daughters. With Moosa, it was hard to say that he was the same Zohaib.

"Moosa come, you can sit here with me", Faryal said to him lovingly.

"Khala (Maternal Aunt) I want to play with Zahra and Wania", Moosa said.

"It's rest time", Faryal encircled her arms around Moosa and pulled him towards herself. She engaged him in small talks to deviate his mind. She didn't want to hurt the poor child.

"Wania is big enough, you guys should think about having another child", an old lady (distant relatives) said to Zohaib. Everyone paused and looked at her

"We already have children", Zohaib said politely.

"I mean a boy child. There would be always a void in your life. You should ask your daughters to pray for having a brother you know children's prayers are always accepted". Her words were like arrows, that directly hit their hearts. Faryal went silent. That was not the first time that anyone has taunted her like that, but she has never told it to Zohaib.

"Our daughters are enough for us", Zohaib said. He turned his head towards Faryal, she was looking down. He took her hand in his, she shifted her gaze at him. "A child is a child first, the gender comes afterward. Alhumdullilah, there is no void in our life aunty. I'm a lucky man that Almighty has blessed me with two daughters. Praying for having a son while I have two little angels in my home would be belittling our daughters. We don't want that at any cost". Zohaib said. Faryal's heart swelled with pride and gratitude.

"Right?", Zohaib asked.

"Yes", Faryal smiled. "We are blessed enough".

"There is no concept of ours and yours in our lives aunty. Haider is as much as Faryal's and Zohaib bhai's son as Zahra and Wania are our's kids", Mahum said.

"Exactly", Huzaifa agreed.

"The kids are right", Dadi Jan said.

"Didn't your son leave you alone and now your daughter takes care of you. Isn't it?", Dadi Phupho became as mean as the old lady. Dadi phupho wanted to give her the taste of her own meanness. The old lady went silent.

"I am sorry to say but I do not allow anyone to talk to my daughters-in-law like that", Mom said. It was for everyone who kept poking their noses in every matter. 

"We have something to say to Mom and Dad as well", Faryal looked at Mahum. Mahum nodded. "Mahum and I to be precise".

"What?", Mom looked at them, curiosity got the best of her.

"We are only saying that in front of everyone so everyone can know what you are to us not because we want to show off", Mahum said. She could everyone's attention was towards them.

Faryal stepped forward and took Mom's hand. "Thank you Mom and Dad for raising a man who understands that his wife can discuss things with him without fear of getting judged. A man who gives his opinion instead of approval. A man who does not believe in gender roles. Each time he cooks he feels proud of himself instead of feeling embarrassed, each time he takes care of me or our kids he feels happy. Who doesn't think raising a child is only a wife's job. Thank you for raising a man who didn't take it on his ego when I told him that I didn't want to change my surname. Whatever Zohaib is today is just because of both of you", Faryal said.

"Thank you, Chachi and Chacha jan for teaching him that his masculinity is not walking steps ahead of his wife, taking finances in his hands, or asking me mid-meal to get up and bring him things but instead treating his wife equally. He insisted me to complete my education and clapped in the first row when I got my degree. Someday if we fight", Mahum pause for a moment and let out laughter, and looked at Huzaifa, he had a smile on his face too. She continued, "Let me correct that, whenever we fight and don't talk he still keeps his ego aside and comes back to me. Thank you for raising a man who didn't see me as a disaster, instead just a hurricane he had to chase and the rain that had to be felt.", Mahum smiled.

"When I look at Zohaib, I pray for both of you", Faryal side hugged Mom and placed her head on Mom's shoulder.

"And when I talk to Huzaifa, I adore you guys even more", Mahum side hugged her chacha Jan.

"We love you", Mahum and Faryal said in unison and kissed their cheeks.

"I wish my daughters get in-laws like you. Thank you for being you.", Faryal stated.

"If only Zohaib bhai allowed someone near his daughters",  Zain chuckled. Everyone laughed at his words including Zohaib.

"And I wish, I raise Haider into a gentleman so someday a girl stands next to me and say something like that to me as well", Mahum stated.

*****

Zohaib was sitting on the balcony and staring at the night sky. His thoughts were occupied by how his life had taken turns over the years. How he fell in love with Ayza, got married, had everything. Zahra's birth and Ayza's demise. It's still painful. And when he thought his life was ended how Almighty blessed him with another wonderful woman. The way Faryal has brought colors to his devastated life. Rekindled his broken soul. He was indeed destined to Fall in love with the two incredible women. 

Faryal tiptoed into the balcony wearing Zohaib's T-shirt with black leggings, as usual. She went forward and put her hands on his eyes from the back. A slow smile crept across his face.

"Fary", he said and removed her hand from his eyes. He looked up, she was already smiling. He pulled her towards himself and made her sit on his lap. He placed his chin on her shoulder and held her tightly.

"You have worn my every shirt, do you know this?", he asked.

"Yes, happily", she nodded.

"I ain't complaining though",

"What are you doing here?", she asked.

"Tum na hoti tou aesa hota, tum na hoti tou wesa hota. Mein aur meri tanhayi aksar yeh baatien karthay hain (If you were not with me things would have been different. Me and my loneliness often think about it)", he whispered in her ear.

She turned her head and said, "Ahan, a poet. Hmm I see". Nothing can be more special than having a man who admits he wants you, respects you, shows how much he loves you, gives his time and attention to you.

"I've been a poet, my wife has not paid much attention to me", He pulled down the neckline of the shirt leaving her shoulder bare. He dipped down his head and kissed her shoulder.

"Tch tch such a cruel woman, isn't she?", she replied playfully and turned around, facing him now.

"Yes", he replied and pampered her neck with kisses.

"Zohiab-", She moaned and closed her eyes.

"But she can make the amends, you know better late than never", he mumbled in between the kisses.

"How?", her voice sounded a mere whisper.

He stopped and backed off. She opened her eyes as well.

"Pyaar ka nasha hai pyaar say hi utray ga (It is a hangover of love, it will go away with love)", he winked. She blushed bright pink from her neck to her hairline.

"But I'm sleepy", she faked a yawn to tease him.

"Sleep is for the wimp", he replied.

"I am not a wimp", she quickly stated.

"Lag tou nahi raha hai (It does not seem so)", he shrugged.

In a flip of a second, she held his face in her both hands and put her lips on his. He smiled as he felt her soft lips against his and kissed her back softly. "Neither I am a wimp nor I ignored you ever", she pressed her forehead against his and whispered.

"This wasn't enough to prove your innocence Mrs. Durrani", he pressed his forehead against her.

"So?", she asked.

"So", he repeated her words. She smiled.

"I love you", There is was eye contact before he grabbed her back and pecked her lips.

"I have looked at you in millions of ways and I have loved you in each", she replied. She rested her head on his chest, listening to his strong heartbeat. "I ask Almighty to have you twice, once here and once in the paradise", she mumbled.

"We can have a nap date as well", He offered.

"Is it really a thing?", her lip twitched up.

"If we can think it, we can do it as well", he picked her up in his arms and went inside the room. They laid down under the covers.

"So nap date it is?", she asked. He hugged her like she was the last thing in the world and she hugged him back knowing he is her world.

"Nap date it is", he mumbled into her ears and smiled. Home was no longer a place for them. Home was here, in each other's arms. 

Some souls are sent to you by God, as a cure, they reach your depths and calmly heal your wounds.

Rabba Isey Keh Doon Kya Mera Hum Dum
Hum Dum
Rabba Isey Keh Doon Kya Mera Hum Dum
Hum Dum

In Ankhon Mein In Baaton Mein
Sunta Hoon Koi Sargam
Rabba Ise Keh Doon Kya Mera Hum Dum
Hum Dum

*****

Holla!

How are you? Long time no see.

How was the second epilogue of the story?

Which part did you like?

Which scene is your favourite one from the entire book and why?

P.S: With a heavy heart I would say this is a final goodbye to "My companion". There won't be any bonus chapters of the book. I would like to clarify again I won't write any book of Zahra-Moosa-Wania. I just want to remember Zohaib and Faryal to be madly in love and young forever with their kids. If you think I've missed any point unclear in the story, do let me know.❤

New book alert!

*I've published Zain's book called "Raanjhana".  If you are interested, you can check it out now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

384K 19.4K 34
Fahad, a 29 year old business man who has no interest in marriage agrees reluctantly after his mother insists him to get settled in life. Laiba, a vi...
261K 8.6K 71
Ayeleen was a passionate doctor, who achieved her dream after many struggles. She was committed to a man whom she loved for seven years, and he loved...
820K 35.8K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
1.4M 52.1K 18
(Unwanted series#1) Ever heard of any unwanted person? Ever? Aziya was also one of them, an unwanted. No one wanted her. She was an unwanted daughter...