Dandelions | Yuki Ishikawa

Da NikkieKnickKnack

After her parents died in a car accident, Mio was forced to move with her grandmother from Okinawa to Okazaki... Altro

Disclaimer
Four Eyed Freak
Call Me Yuki
Nagoya
Tall, Scrawny, Smart and Cute
Pretty
Sports Day
Go Out With Me?
Meet Kasumi
Cold Christmas
Cancer
Tutor
Sleep With Me
Sick
Friendly Visit
We're going out?
You.. What?
What Have I Done?
What about my ice cream?
Ice Cream
Love at First Sight
Hen Party
Thinking Out Loud
Euphoria
It's You
Masa & Yuki
Karma is a B*tch
Guilty
One Day
Covid
Time Apart
Cupcakes
Flour
Comfort
Truth or Dare
Not When You're Drunk
Failing to Protect
Against All Odds
Failure
It's Blinding
Little Peanuts
Scared
Uncle Yuji
All is Well
Bonding with the Ishikawa Twins

I Messed Up

1.3K 48 9
Da NikkieKnickKnack

Yuki's POV...

I messed up. The moment she saw us at the field, I knew I messed up really bad. It was her safe space, where she would come to relax and think. The moment she pulled her hand from mines, I knew I was going to lose her if I didn't do anything. It was hard to reach out to her when Kasumi-chan is around. So, I decided to wait until I see her in person.

Sato Kasumi, she was someone I met in Hokkaido back in junior high. She was a good friend of my cousin and we became close throughout the years. She would visit us every Winter break for a week and we'll just spend time together. There was a point where I had a crush on her, but time passed and it just disappeared. I only see her as a friend now, well.. more like a sister. We're comfortable around each other, so it wasn't weird for us to be close when we're sitting down etc. It's just the way we are, but I guess some would think we're in a relationship...

She confessed to me back in Hokkaido at the beginning of Summer break. I politely rejected her, but she insisted to give her a chance.. to go out with her for the Summer and then decide after. I think this is where I truly messed up, when I said yes and brought her home for a week and a half.

The second time we went to the shop, that was when I told Mio to meet me at our usual spot... Her answer was not what I was expecting..

"Our spot? I don't think it's OUR spot anymore and I'm busy" she said.

I still asked her to meet me there at 10pm. I already promised myself that I'll make it there. That I'll explain everything to her tonight.

That did not happen...

Kasumi-chan decided to have a movie night with everyone in the house before she heads back to Hokkaido tomorrow. She picked some rom-com and had everyone watch it. We started at around 9pm... I had to leave before 10, but she complained on how we barely spend time together etc. I was about to message Mio, but she said that no phones while watching the movie, so she took it and turned it off, putting it away.

I looked at the clock, time passing by... When it hit 10pm, I knew in my heart that she was there already, waiting for me.

10:15... the movie is still not over. I wondered if she was still there waiting for me. My luck is not so good right now..

10:45... it started raining about 10 minutes ago. I hope she went home already. I hope she did not wait for me under the rain... she might get sick if she did.

11:00... the movie just finished, I was about to head out, but mama said it was getting late and that we all should head to bed. I guess I'll just have to sneak out when everyone is asleep.

Everyone went to their bedrooms, Kasumi followed Mayu since they were sharing a room. I laid down on my bed and waited... my eyes closed for a second... When I opened them back up, I checked the time... Crap. It's 2am...

I quietly went downstairs, looking for my phone. I found it on the tv stand, still turned off. I turned it on and there were missed calls and messages from Mio. I quickly went outside, it was still raining... I grabbed an umbrella and headed to Mio's place. I sent her a message.. hoping she's still awake..

'I'm sorry I couldn't make it at 10, I'm outside your house right now.. can we talk?'

She did not reply.

I called her phone a few times...

She did not answer.

I looked at the house, curtains were closed and lights were off... I guess they're sleeping.. I called her one more time and still nothing... I left, but I sent her another message, telling her to call me once she sees the message.

The next day, I dropped of Kasumi to the airport. She's finally going back to Hokkaido. I also rejected her, again... telling her that I don't see her more than just a friend.. She asked if I like someone else. I couldn't answer the question. I was not sure if my feelings were real or just an infatuation..

"You know I don't give up easily, Yuki.. so just wait and you'll see.." she told me before entering the airport.

I went straight to the shop right after to see Mio. I didn't see her there even after waiting a few minutes. Is she not here today? I asked obaasan if Mio was working today...

"Obaasan, is Mio here today?"

"Ahh, Yuki-kun.. No, Mio is not here today, she's at home with a fever" she told me.

"I see, I'll stop by then, is the spare key still in the same place?"

She nodded in reply.

I quickly left the shop and headed to their house. When I got there, I went to get their spare key from their hiding spot. It wasn't there. What the heck? Where would it be?

I sent her a message, telling her that I'm here and that the spare key is not where it's supposed to be. I waited for about a minute or so before I hear someone unlocking the door. Great, I'll finally get to talk to her. When the door opened I apologized quickly... "I'm sorry abou-"

"Look who it is"

I looked up and found Atsuki-san standing in the doorway. Her arms folded across her chest. What is she doing here?

"Atsuki-san, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Suzuki-obaa said she was sick when I went to the shop earlier.. so I decided to pay a visit" she answered.

"I see, is she available to talk?"

"It's more like 'does she want to talk'" she rephrased my question.

"Atsuki-san, I have to talk to her.. explain to her about what happened"

She just smiled at me, I didn't like it.

"You know she waited an hour for you under that rain last night, right? If she wanted to talk to you, she would've answered her phone while you were waiting here at 2 in the morning last night... you get the hint?"

She waited an hour for me? She waited under the rain last night? But why? She was up last night as well... She knew I was here, waiting, but why didn't she answer? All I need is 5 minutes to explain to her what's going on between me and Kasumi.

"Is she doing alright?" I asked.

"She has a fever, but she's ok"

"I just need 5 min-" I didn't even get to finish my sentence when the door slammed shut in front of me. I don't think I'll be able to talk to her while Atsuki-san is here, I should come back tonight.

I waited restlessly in my room, time ticking by slowly... I tried calling her a few times, but she didn't answer. I sent her a message as well, no answer. Why am I getting worked up over this?

'It's because you like,' I thought.

Do I really like her?

We do spend a lot of time together. We've gotten close these past couple of months, but was that enough? Maybe it's a crush...? If it was just a crush then why was I worried about what she thinks about Kasumi and I? I'm confused... all I know is that I need to talk to her.

I took a short nap and woke up at around 7:30pm. I decided to head back to her place after telling mama where I was heading, hoping that Atsuki-san left already. I knocked on the door and obaasan opened it. She was carrying a tray, well, trying to hold it on her one hand when she opened the door.

"Let me get that for you" I said, quickly taking my shoes off and grabbing the tray from her hand.
1
"Thank you, Yuki-kun"

"Do you mind if I bring this up to her?"

"No, I don't mind at all.. if she doesn't answer her door, just go in.. she was taking a nap when I checked on her a couple of hour ago"

I nodded in reply.

I made my way to her room with the food. I knocked on her door, no answer, she's probably sleeping. I opened her bedroom door slowly and quietly... her room was dark, curtains closed. I turned the light on just in case I step on something. Her room was clean except for the trash bin next to her bed and the tissues next to it.. missing the bin.

I put the tray down on her study table and sat on her bed. She was sleeping soundly... I moved some of her hair away from her face and felt her forehead. She was warm... I debated on whether to wake her up or not... She needs to eat though...

"Mio.." I gently shook her.

She opened her eyes a bit... then she quickly sat up after seeing me, eyes wide in surprise.

"Wha.. what are you doing here?" she asked, pulling her blanket up to her chest.

I stood up and got the tray from her study table and gently set it on her bed.

"Here, you need to eat" I told her.

"Didn't answer my question" she said.

"I need to talk to you, but eat first"

"There's a mask on that drawer, wear one.. don't want you getting sick.." she said as she pointed at a drawer on her study table.

"It's fine"

She just rolled her eyes and continued eating. She finished the food in no time. I handed her some pain reliever and water.

"Thanks"

She scooted over on her bed, closer to the wall and patted the space next to her. I sat down next to her, both of us leaning against the headboard. I got under the blanket as well, it was warm underneath.

"So you and Sato-san huh" she said.

I looked at her, she was staring at her hands.

"There's nothing between me and her"

She looked up at me, trying to see if I was telling the truth.

"But she said you two were going out"

"Well, we were..? It's a long story" I said.

"I have time"

So, I explained to her about what happened in Hokkaido. How I rejected her and how she asked to give her a chance, go out with her for the Summer.

"She left this morning" I said.

"And?"

"My answer was the same.. I don't see her more than as a friend, maybe a sister, but that's about it"

"I see.."

"I'm sorry about last night and the other night at the field.. I should not have brought her out in the field.."

"Don't worry about it, it's fine"

"It's not, that was your space.. I know you go there to relax and think..."

"Yuki.. it's fine"

"And about last night... I have no excuse"

"Tell?"

I told her what happened and I was getting frustrated now that I think about it. I could've tried harder to get out of that movie night or at least get my phone and let her know.

"Hey, you're getting upset" I heard her say, feeling her hands on mines.

"Sorry... I just feel stupid, now that I think about it"

"We all have our moments, so don't worry about it"

She leaned her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes.

"You wouldn't be sick if I tried harder..."

"Yuki... shhh.. trying to sleep"

"Let's get you comfortable then" I told her.

"Just lay down..." she whispered.

I... Wait... Did she want me to lay down on her bed? Is that what she wanted?

So... I laid down and she did as well, she scooted closer.. What do I do? I was not prepared for this. What do people do in this situation?

I went with my instinct.. what else can I do? It'll be rude to just leave when she's comfortable. So, I wrapped my arm around her, pulling her closer.

"You're so warm..." she said, scooting closer, her head on my chest now.

I fixed the comforter and pulled it up to her shoulder. I felt her relax and a couple of minutes later she was sleeping. I kissed her forehead and closed my eyes... I'll take a short nap and leave after...

==================================

A/N: Here's a shorter chapter, Yuki's pov about the whole situation. I'll probably breeze through the rest of their high school days just so we can get to Yuki's career.

Anyway, did you guys watch Yuji's first match in Italy?! The highlight was the 3 back to back aces at set 4. The last ace was match point!!! It was amazing!!!

As always, thank you for all your support, follows, comments, and votes. I really appreciate them!

Take care and I'll see you guys on the next chapter!!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

87 0 2
[Rewriting] Just a story about Keina after she moved from Tokyo and became a new student at Karasuno High. She's moved after her parents' accident an...
45.8K 1.5K 25
โ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Š๐š๐ซ๐š๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง๐จ ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ฌ๐จ๐š๐ซ ๐ก๐ข๐ ๐ก ๐จ๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง. ๐“๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ...
100K 3.1K 73
Sakusa x OC After moving back to Tokyo from America, Miyuki Shimotsuki tries her out for the Girls Volleyball Club of Itachiyama. Starting a new life...