Not When You're Drunk

Nights aren't easy. It's difficult to fall asleep in a different surrounding and for some reason... my mind and body craves Yuki's presence. So, I've had sleepless nights and I think Yuki finally noticed when I almost fell asleep piping some frostings on the cupcakes I made for tonight's dinner. He invited the whole team in his apartment, but only a of them are coming, for a small get together, to bond with each other and they all requested cupcakes. It's the first time I'm meeting the new members.

"Hey, are you okay? You look like you haven't had enough sleep" he said as he held me steady in the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm fine... I'll finish this and I'll take a nap" I told him.

"This past week, how much sleep have you had?"

"I... hmm... have no idea"

"Is it the bed or pillows? Tell me?"

I can't tell him that it's him... that I crave his presence, that'll be weird and awkward. If I do tell him, how would I word it without sounding insane?

"I'm fine, Yuki... just not used to the surroundings. I'm just trying to adapt" I excused.

I know he didn't believe me, but he let it go knowing that I really don't want to talk about it. I finished piping the frosting and told him to wait until everybody gets here before he can have some. I went to my room and laid down on the bed, closing my eyes... trying to sleep... but nothing. I tossed and turned, trying to find a comfortable position... still can't sleep. How many hours did I sleep this past week? 8 hours maybe 10 total? I know it wasn't enough for me... or for someone to function normally.

I went to the living room with a blanket and turned the ac on, I like it cold and it usually help me sleep. I laid down on the couch and closed my eyes... not even a minute later I opened them again. I sat up, pissed that I can't sleep and was punching the pillow.

"What did the pillow do now?" I heard him ask.

"I just can't sleep and it's frustrating... I just want to take a nap..." I whined, sounding like a little brat.

He sat down on the couch and put a pillow on his lap, patting on it. I laid my head on it, covering myself with my blanket. He was stroking my hair slowly  and it was comforting, relaxing...

"I owe you a cookie if you manage to make me fall asleep" I told him.

"Deal"

Not sure what happened after but I just remember hearing voices, unfamiliar and familiar voices. Too loud.

"Keep it down a bit, she's taking a nap"

"Can I wake her up?" that was Yuji.

"She made cupcakes!" unfamiliar voice.

"Shhh!" that was Yuki.

I opened my eyes and found Yuji staring at me, inches away from my face. "You are such a weirdo" I told him before flicking his forehead.

"Ow"

I sat up and found about 8 pairs of eyes looking at me. Is there something on face? Was I drooling? Why is everyone staring at me? Yuki then gave me his hoodie and that's when I remembered that I was only wearing a tank top, bra and shorts.

"Sorry... I'll uhmm... go change really quick" I told them as I basically ran to my room.

That was embarrassing... I don't want to show my face now. How would I even? If it was just Yuji and Yuki it'll be fine since Yuki has seen it all and Yuji, well he's seen me in sport bras and shorts, but that was like half of the national team staring at me. Shit. I heard someone knock on the door...