Ice Cream

I can't believe I let him drag me into his apartment. My ice cream melted and I'm beyond pissed off right now. His apartment is way bigger than mines, but it's so... gloomy? It's basically empty. The only thing he has, from what I've seen so far are the basic necessities. I took off my sunglasses to properly observe the surroundings.

"Where's the trash?" I asked.

"I'm sorry about your ice cream" he said taking the bag from me and throwing it somewhere in his kitchen.

I just stood by the door awkwardly with my other bag full of bread and pastries. What do I do now? Should I just make a run for it?

"You can come in, you know"

"I..."

"Here, let me take that from you" he took the other bag and put it on his kitchen counter. I basically followed my food... damn it.. I still have to do some grocery shopping. I haven't had breakfast or lunch yet... wait, it's too early for lunch.

"If you're going to talk, make it quick... I still have to do some grocery shopping" I told him.

He didn't say anything.

"Yuki"

"I messed up" was all he said.

No shit, sherlock, I thought.

"No shit"

"Mio, I didn't mean to... I honestly don't know how or why... it just happened"

"It just happened? So, you mean you just walked in and had sex with her"

"Well, I was with Shimada before that. I came home and went straight to my room, locked the doors and when I turned around, she was just on my bed... naked"

"Why didn't you leave? You stayed, Yuki. You could've left when you saw her... but you didn't" I wanted to yell at him, but instead my voice cracked at the end. It's really not the time to be emotional right now... I need to think.

"I know... I should've, but she promised that she'll stop bothering me for.."

"For what?"

"For just a kiss, one kiss"

I rolled my eyes. How stupid...

"She hasn't done anything since we started going out, Yuki. What makes you think that she'll do something when she's halfway across the world?" I was literally poking his chest at this point. I wanted to hit him so bad.

"I wasn't thinking..."

"Obviously"

"Mio, it's a stupid mistake. Give me another chance..."

I thought about it... should I give him another chance? I love him, I really do, but what he did... is that even forgivable? What if Kasumi comes back into his life again? Will he do the same thing? Fall for her trap? Break my heart again?

"What am I to you, Yuki?" I asked.

He seemed surprised when I asked that question.

"Am I just a replacement for her while you're in Italy? So, what's going to happen to me when you're done playing here in Modena? Are you going to run back to her once your back in Japan? I'm just a rebound, aren't I?"

No answer. He just stood there.

"I thought so..." I grabbed my bag of pastries and got ready to leave.

"Mio..."

"I'll see you around, Yuki, good luck with your volleyball career" I quickly left his apartment. I walked a few blocks away before looking for a cab. A couple of months dating and I fall for him, only to get my heart broken again... Maybe I'm the stupid one here. I keep falling for the same guy.