Uncle Yuji

Yuki's POV...

'Boy-Ishikawa' and 'Girl-Ishikawa,' that's the name written on the tags attached to their bassinet in the nursery. It felt... weird seeing them for the first time. They're beautiful. My heart skipped a beat when I saw their tags... I asked mama if Mio decided on their names yet, but she just shook her head no. She told me that Mio wanted my opinion on their names, but she does have a list. Both of them have a thick hair. Is that a beauty mark? Both of them have it? Like the one I have? I couldn't really tell, yet. I can't wait to hold them... but they will have to wait a little longer.

For some reason, walking down a hallway in hospitals feels longer and eerie. It could be just me, but it just seems like that everytime I'm in one. I am exhausted and need some sleep, but I have to make sure that everything is alright before I do that. I have to make sure that she's alright.

I entered her room, it was quiet and the only thing that was making a sound was the heart monitor. It was a steady sound and looks to be normal. She was there.. laying on the bed, pale as ever, but her color is slowly returning to her. The doctor told us that they managed to stop the bleeding and that she didn't need a hysterectomy, but they will be keeping a close eye on her for the next 24 to 48 hours. She hasn't woken up yet, but the doctor and nurse said that it's normal since she was under anesthesia for quite some time.

Mama went back to the apartment to get everything ready once the twins and Mio are healthy enough to leave. She's also there so she can get me some clothes to change in to. I don't plan on leaving her side anytime soon... I have to make it up to her, for what I've said and how I acted these past months.

It was around 7 in the evening when she started gaining consciousness. She was still a little out of it due to the other medications, but I'm just glad that she's waking up.

"What happened?" she asked as she tried sitting up.

"Hey, relax... don't sit up yet" I told her as I pressed a button to call the nurse.

Then, in realization.. her eyes widened when she saw her stomach smaller now. She was about to panic...

"They're fine and healthy" I assured her.

"They are?"

I nodded.

"Yokatta.."

The nurse then entered followed by her doctor. They checked her vitals and explained to her about what happened. They want her to stay in the hospital for an additional two more days... so about 6 days in total.

"Can I see them?" she asked as soon as they finished checking her.

"Yes, I'll have someone bring the twins.. per their name, have you decided on them yet?" the nurse asked.

"Not yet" she answered.

Two nurses arrived about 10 minutes later with the twins in their bassinets. They were wide awake.

"Here's baby boy" the nurse said, handing her the baby on her right arm.

"And here's baby girl" the other nurse said hand her the baby on her left arm.

"Let us know if you need anything" both nurses left.

"They're so... tiny and cute" she smiled as she looked at the bundles in her arms.

"You want to hold them?" she asked.

Do I want to hold them? No need to ask me twice, but how? I don't think I've held a new born before.

"Take her" she said, motioning for me to take baby girl, who seems to be looking towards my way. I know they can't really see yet, but it feels like she knows where I'm at.