Love at First Sight

Being Yuki's girlfriend was not easy. After his contract with Modena, he moved back to Japan, while I stayed in Italy to complete my studies. He went back into playing for Chuo University after his season with Modena. During these times, phone calls, video calls, and text messaging were the only thing that's connecting us to each other. It was difficult to say the least, but we've endured it. He did go back to Italy for a few months to play in Latina, but it was about 7-8 hours drive...

2018...

Yuki's due to graduate in two days. He's not expecting me to be there in person, but skipping a couple of days of classes wouldn't hurt. I have been planning this trip for quite some time now. It was really hard to keep this from him, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. The flight to Japan was long and tiring. I made sure to pack lightly since I am only staying for a couple of days. I do wish I could stay longer, but I still have classes and I'm not due to graduate until next year since I am working on my master's degree.

It's been so long since the last time I've been to Japan. The moment I stepped out of the airport, it felt like home. I am home. Spring weather has always been my favorite. Cherry blossom season, flowers blooming, festivals... Things I've enjoyed since I was little, things I have missed so much. I arrived in my hotel and decided to give Yuki a call. It rang twice before he answered.

"Hey, love, something wrong?" he asked.

"No, just wanted to say hi" I told him.

"At 4 in the morning?"

Shit. I completely forgot that Japan is 7 hours ahead of Italy.

"Yeah.." I don't have any excuse.

"What's the matter? You usually don't call until 10am there" his voice sounded serious now.

"I just miss you, that's all..." I told him.

I do miss him a lot. It's been a couple of years since I've seen him last. Long distance relationship does take a toll on someone's physical and mental health. I've had days when I just feel lonely, depressed, and stressed at the same time. Days when I wouldn't eat... I tried my hardest to stay healthy for him, but sometimes it just gets to me. I miss his touch, his smile, his laugh, his kisses, his calming presence... I miss everything about him. So, being here in Japan, being so close to him.. it's giving me enough energy to last for another year or so.

"I miss you too... did you want me to visit you after graduation? Stay there for a few weeks?" he asked.

"You don't have to, you'll probably be busy by then..."

"If you ever need me just let me know, I'll fly to you in a heartbeat"

"I know, what time's your graduation tomorrow?"

"It starts at 9am, don't you have class in a few hours?"

"I do... but like I said.. I miss you"

"I know, love... but I do have to go in a bit. I'm with the national team, we're getting lunch to celebrate my graduation"

"Ohh, alright... talk later then?"

"Of course, love you"

"Love you too"

So, he'll be out for lunch. Maybe I should stay in just in case I run into them. So, that's what I did. I stayed in my hotel room until mid afternoon.

At around 3pm, I decided to explore the area. There were a lot of local stores that sells souvenirs for tourists and other specialties. I went inside a mall to look through some of the stores. I tried on a few dresses here and there and bought a few of them, hoping they'll fit nicely in my luggage.