If We Have Each Other [Comple...

By ddrrrs2pt0

"I'm not giving up my baby!" Was her last decision. "Then get out of my house" Was all her mother had to say... More

C H A R A C T E R S
D R I S H T I
R A K S H I T
1: 5 Y E A R S H E N C E
2: H I
3: F A V O U R
4: T H A N K Y O U
5: A S S U M E D H E R O I S M
6: W I F E , G F , M I S _ R E S S
7: I C E C R E A M
8: H A B I T U A L
9: D I N N E R?
10: F R I E N D S
11: C H A N C E
12: H A P P I N E S S
13: N E W F R I E N D S
14: J O I N U S
15: A D M I R A T I O N S
16: T H E Y C A M E
17: E M O T I O N S
18: C O M P L E T E
19: G R O U P
20: K I S S E S , I L Y
21: B L I S S
22: N E R V O U S
24: C O L L E N
25: B I R T H D A Y
E P I L O G U E
Bonus Part- I
Bonus Part- 2
Bonus Part - III

23: D A T E

244 60 120
By ddrrrs2pt0

Highly recommended:- moonlight by Harnoor

D R I S H T I

(Imagine the R shaped locket)

I looked at the silver hanging on my neck and touched the R before smiling at Rakshit.

"Don't get me wrong. I thought you would like it. If you don't like it I can buy you a D one" overthinking facts.

"I loved it Rakshit. You should calm down" I laughed.

He smiled for a bleak second before turning to the other side and asking for my hand. I gladly slipped my hand in his and walked with him towards the table.

The loveliest thing about the decorations was how elegantly they were done. It was neither anything too normal or anything too decorative. Just a perfect atmosphere to blend in with the feelings which were finally allowed to sink from the surface and run in deeper. Silver and black decorations added to the extra calmness just like they always did to me. Flowers were kept, but only at the table which made it much more eloquent. The wise and unexaggerated use of flowers, the color coordination, the limited decore and the blanket of stars above us seemed perfect.

"Do you like it?" Rakshit rubbed the back of his neck nervously, something he had been a lot lately.

"Are you kidding me Rakshit? I loved it. It's so perfect to me" I clasped my hands as I looked around us.

"Thank God You liked it. I was so confused when I was doing this and thought you wouldn't like it" Wait

He did that?

Rakshit looked at my astonished face. Understanding the obvious query of mine he wrapped his hands around my waist as he pulled me closer. "I rented this entire floor and did the decorations on my own, in spite of the fact that nobody was allowing me to do. Like excuse me, can't a person do work on his own? I had to pay them extra for not disturbing me then and more extra for leaving us alone now. Damn these nasty creatures"

If I said that he did not look pissed, it would be an absolute lie. His face clearly held some of the worst signs of annoyance which flew away once I started laughing at his complaints.

"That's not funny" But your face looks funny.

"Are we just going to keep standing or there is something else planned for us?" I knocked his shoulder and pushed him off me with gentleness.

"There certainly is" he smiled proudly.

I felt his pinky finger circling around my own pinky as he lead me towards the table and pulled the chair for me. As soon as I sat down, he was on his knees, right in front of me holding my hands close to his chest.

"Um okay. I don't know how to start but I will do it anyways" This was me during my exams.

"I know I have already told you how I feel about you but I want to do it once again. I don't have many things to say, just want you to know how precious you are to me, how much I love and how much I long for starting this beautiful journey of life with you. And the most important part of your life, your Varun, I promise you that I would never let him down. Some day he has to know about us and I know you are worried about that too but trust me" He takes my hands and kisses on the back side, resting his head on them for a few seconds "You won't ever regret being with me and Varun is not going to experience the lack of a fatherly figure just because of some douchebag. I will be there, for both of you, no matter what Drishti. No matter what"

If it had been any other person, he could have possibly forgotten about Varun but Rakshit did not.

The fact that Varun was in his mind and his memeories just like I was, I knew that in future Rakshit was going to be the best father in the world. Period

"You are precious to me Drishti and will always be. I don't want to make big promises like I will do this for you, will do that for you but I will try my best to keep you happy"

He traces my lips with an intent gaze that sends shivers down my spine "I will try that these lips would continue smiling for most of our life"

His hands now moved to my eyes, caressing the bottom of them "And reason for this hopefully would never be me, I love you" he mouthed, wiping away the tear that just escaped my eyes.

"I love you more" I smiled as he stood up pulling me with him. I was determined to tell him how I feel but he wqs not willing to listen to anything.

"Before any conversation or the dinner or any romantic situation, we need to have a dance. You don't know how much research I had to do for this date and according to my research, dance is must. And hurry up, there are a lot of things and the night is so short" If I didn't mention the way he showed me his teeth out of excitement and craving for appreciation, he would feel betrayed.

Poor he had no idea that dance was a better idea after dinner in my case. People generally kissed after dancing and I did not appreciate eating anything after such a sweet moment.

But how could I ever say no to that over excitement?

"Sure"

His hand gently slid to my waist while the other was intertwined with mine, fingers in fingers. Moonlight was being played after Rakshit gave someone a missed call. Our legs and bodies swayed according to the music, breaths mingling due to the closeness and the idea of each other's heartbeats being raised as we felt ours.

I rested my head on his shoulder as my front touched his and relaxed in the surroundings, feeling his touch.

"You know, I never thought that I would find someone like you. I knew that one day I was supposed to be with someone but after what happened with Sinister, I was afraid and thought maybe love did not exist for me when it came to a life patner but when you came, I think it all reversed. Thanks for being with me Rakshit" It had been months since we had known each other.

Weeks of friendship, weeks of attraction, weeks of unconfessed love and here we stand today. Together, for the official start of this love.

"At last" he whispered against my ears, kissing the top of them "You will be mine"

I was shocked as he said will be. I thought he was sure that we were together and would never split apart but that word caused me to slip into confusion. "Will be? Aren't you sure that we-"

"Can you stop talking? I have it all planned so you don't need to worry. Oh god, you speak a lot and can't keep secrets so please be quiet!" He shushed me but I decided to continue speaking.

Nobody can make me quiet.

"I'm not stopping. You can't just treat me like a child. And you can never tell me to be quie-" The next minute my lips were sealed by his.

Okay, I take my words back.

"I said hushhh" he smiled against my lips.

Quick query

What if I talked again? And again? And again?

I nodded my head as he parted and blushed while keeping my head down, still thinking about talking a few more times. All of this felt so good to be exact

I felt special, I felt wanted and most importantly, I felt loved.

By someone beside my family.

The night was one of the best. We went for a movie after the dinner which was again weird but Rakshit told me that he could not find tickets before. The level of frustration on his face was hilarious.

"Thanks for one of the best days in my life Rakshit. Thanks a lot"

"Fucking stupid time jumbled all events!" He cursed under his breath, not realizing that I heard him.

"Well, today you were late and I forgave you but take care next time or I'm not forgiving you"

"Definitely not!"

R A K S H I T

Stepping inside my own house, I realized how much of a zoo it was. Romi and Arjun were literally passed put on the floor due to tiredness with Varun sleeping on top of them. I just remembered that he was being taken care of by my own brothers.

Toys and food lying on the floor.

Oh look, Mr. Nuttles.

Or that's what Varun liked to call that giant black panda thingy.

If anyone expected to listen to some sweet, lovey dovey things, I'm sorry because my mood is fricked up.

Nothing went as planned.

The movie was supposed to start before the dinner but for some reason it shifted or that's what Arjun told me and that cut off the time I decided to take her out bowling. So I had to insert the dance when I fucking had no idea how to dance.

Moreover she was questioning me a lot due to which I was about to tell how I was done with planning our entire future.

Picking Varun in my arms I kicked Arjun off Romi so that he could breath. The push caused Arjun to fall off the couch and land on the floor, thus breaking his sleep.

"Do you have any idea how to behave with your big brother?" He glared at me and was about to hit me just before he noticed Varun in my arms and stopped.

Varun out of sleep meant a series of annoyed looks, blames and maybe a fee punches.

Romi had least chances of waking up, even if one set the entire house on fire.

I took Varun inside the room and put him to sleep before coming in the hall and catching up with Arjun who was making himself a cup of coffee and warming a glass of milk for me on the other hand.

Randomly strolling around the kitchen, I found Arjun's phone lying on the shelf and being the sneaky sneaky brother started going through it.

That's when my eyes fell on the message which said that he booked the seats for that movie at the time intentionally. Below it was Romi's message to prove that it was Arjun's smart intentions.

For the first time I hated laughing emojis.

"So, how was your date?" He asked as if he did nothing.

And I looked at the person who actually booked the tickets for the wrong time.

Arjun looked at his phone in my hands and placed the cups aside, letting out a nervous chuckle "Did you?"

"Your days on earth are over!" I screamed and ran after him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.8K 4.9K 27
I'm trying to keep my eyes open while hearing the noises of doctors and the beeps of machines. It's feeling like something is going away from me...
333K 8K 32
"Abort it." "Excuse me ?" "Abort that thing inside of you!" He shouts in my face. I put my hands on his chest trying to put some space between us...
651K 29.8K 60
"No! Don't-- Don't touch me." Her voice was trembling now because of her so much of crying session. She's getting weak. Physically too. "Okay!! okay...
87.9K 7.5K 27
True love never fails This story is based on this very commonly used phrase If your love is true, the whole world might fight against you, but you wi...