Love Is Never Ugly

By Fantasyandromance516

An innocent and gentle-hearted beauty, a deranged and blood-thirsty beast, the timeless fairy tale retold in... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Soundtrack
Big News
Inspiration First Half
Inspiration Second Half

Chapter 38

435 22 2
By Fantasyandromance516

On the night of the ball Alastor was determined to make sure that nothing went wrong. The course meal was sumptuous, the decor was magnificent, the music was both lovely and befitting for the evening, he even had a special gift to give Charlotte. Yes everything was perfect. Well almost perfect. Upon glancing at his reflection in a hanging mirror, Alastor noticed that one flaw had yet to be corrected for the ball to be a complete success.

He grimaced at the sight of his wretched face and then began to feel very melancholic as he thought about Charlotte. She was always so beautiful. Not even a royal princess could compare to her beauty, goodness, and virtue. She deserved to spend tonight in the company of a gentleman who's looks were equal to her own. Not one who's looks were unbearably monstrous.

He was certain that before she came here she had every nearly young gentleman at her beck and call. Suitors eagerly waiting for her to decide which one of them she would choose to be her life partner. He had seen the one suitor that her father had chosen for her and he couldn't help feeling a little insecure when he saw how handsome Sevithan was. He started to spy on Sevithan in order to fully understand why Lucifer was so insistent on giving him Charlotte's hand in marriage. At first glance it made perfect sense why any woman would gladly consent to becoming Sevithan's wife. He had looks, money, class, no fangs or claws or antlers, hair growing only on his head. He was attraction at first sight. However when Alastor heard the tone that the man had used whenever he spoke of Charlotte it made him very cross.

His tone held no affection or endearment for Charlotte, only lechery and superiority. He didn't describe her as a precious angel that he wanted to protect and cherish til his dying day, he described her as a pretty trinket that he wanted own. He didn't talk like he wanted to sincerely earn a place in her heart no matter how small, he talked like he was entitled to have her whole heart. It made Alastor feel so repulsed and angry that he was almost tempted to hunt down the lecher and eat him in a slow, agonizing way. Yet even so Alastor couldn't deny that Sevithan had him beat in matters of appearances. If only he could be handsome. Or at the very least decent looking.

"Hmm...Maybe I could try cutting my hair and my claws again. Maybe this time when I do it they won't grow back in five minutes." He put his hands over his face and began to pull on the skin, seeing if he could somehow morph his features into something much more pleasing to the eye. "Maybe some powder might dial down the morbidness."

"If you ask me sir you should start with trying to get rid of that blood smell."

Alastor almost jumped out of his skin when he realized that Anthony had been standing behind him the whole time. He felt embarrassed for not only having his insecurity be witnessed by someone but also for not having sensed Anthony's presence in the room sooner.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough to know that your looks bother you a lot more than I thought." Anthony replied.

"With a woman like Charlotte in my life, can you blame me for being bothered so?"

"No but Alastor you do realize that Charlotte doesn't care what you look like. Not anymore that is."

"I know that but I...I just wish that I could look nice for her."

"You know I think I can help with that."

"You can?" Alastor asked skeptically.

"Of course. I may be a spider but I'm a spider with excellent tastes. I know beauty like the backs of all my four hands. I can make even a mere toad appear stunning."

"Does that mean you can make me look decent?"

"Look decent?" Anthony chuckled. "Sir when I'm done with you, you'll look better than decent. You'll look like the handsome prince you truly are."

"I'm not so sure about that. I suppose I could pass for decent but handsome?"

Alastor once again looked at his reflection in the mirror with extreme anxiety and insecurity.

"Anthony just how are you supposed to make me look handsome?"

"Well sir have you ever heard of Michelangelo?"

"Yes."

"Have you ever heard of the Sistine Chapel?"

"Of course."

Anthony pointed to his chest first naming himself,

"Michelangelo."

Then he pointed to Alastor naming him,

"Sistine Chapel."

He took a moment to stretch and crack his knuckles.

"Time for me to begin painting my ceiling." He said. "We'll start with a bath."

"I agree." Alastor said. "We'll meet back in my room and once I'm dressed you can-"

"Actually sir Husk and I are going to have to help you with your bath."

"Come again?"

"It's going to take a lot of scrubbing to get rid of that blood stench. Scrubbing which can't be done by just you alone. You'll need assistance."

"Anthony I don't think this is necessary. I can bathe myself. I've been bathing myself since I was six."

"You want to be a real looker for Charlotte?"

"Yes."

"Okay then you're going to have to do exactly what I say even if it's uncomfortable. Can you do that?"

"For Charlotte I'll do anything."

"In that case it's bath time."

Before Alastor even realized it he was stripped of his clothes and tossed into a tub of hot water that was scented with sandalwood oil. Anthony and Husk scrubbed him down hard with brushes and rags which Alastor found to be dreadfully uncomfortable. The intense scrubbing was followed by pails of water getting poured all over his body repeatedly. This was undoubtedly the longest and most awful bath of his entire life but he managed to only grit his teeth through the entire process.

After the bath came the grooming which was equally long and unpleasant especially whenever a comb was accidentally yanked through his mangled hair.

"Hey take it easy." Alastor said.

"Sorry about that." Husk said.

"I think that we should experiment with a trim and a shave." Anthony said. "Husk get the scissors and the razor blade."

"No good Anthony." Alastor said. "Every time I cut my hair it grows back shortly after."

"Then maybe we should try to do it the female way."

"The female way? What's that?"

"Husk let's go get some hot candle wax and paper."

"Hold on! I'll consent to letting you two wash and groom me but I draw the line at waxing."

"Very well sir."

The rest of his prepping went very smoothly. His hair was neatly combed to where it didn't look wild or mangled. He was given mint leaves to chew on and musk was sprayed on to his body so he wouldn't smell bad anywhere. Finally he was dressed into the suit Anthony had made for him to where that night consisted of a redwood colored vest over a white dress shirt, black dress pants with matching boots, and a carmine tailcoat.

"Well sir what do you think?" Anthony held a mirror up.

Alastor hesitated before looking at it and he was surprised to find that he liked what he saw.

"Well." He smiled. "Not bad. Not bad at all."

"I know. I'm good aren't I?" Anthony beamed with pride.

"Don't get a swelled head bug brain." Husk said before presenting a medium sized box to his master.

"Ah thank you Husk." Alastor said taking it from him. "I do hope Charlotte likes it."

"I have a feeling that she will kid."

"And do you suppose that she might like the way I look tonight?"

"Only one way to find out." Husk said gesturing toward the door.

Alastor checked his appearance in the mirror again and after taking a few deep breaths he anxiously went to meet Charlotte.

Little did he know that she was just as determined to look her best for him as he was for her. Niffty and Vagatha were happy to assist her in every way possible. Niffty ran her a bubble bath with lavender water and anointed her with rose perfume. Vagatha brushed her hair into a crown braid, pinning pink roses and silver ribbons into her locks. For her make up they used lily white powder, peach colored shadow, and cherry red rouge and lip paint.

Her gown was the color of blush and made from hand-gathered silk with organza and edged in silver lace. The bodice and skirt were fitted with silk-and-silver lace bows and pink roses to match her hair. The sleeves were short and below the shoulder while white lace gloves were drawn over her hands and satin pink slippers were placed on her feet. Her jewelry of choice were two white bead earrings but when she tried to put on a necklace Niffty insisted to her that none of the ones she owned would match her gown. Nevertheless Charlotte was a vision to behold.

"It's wonderful." Charlotte said hugging Vagatha and Niffty. "Thank you both so much. I really appreciate this."

"You're very welcome." Vagatha said.

"And I must thank Anthony for the gown. I can tell that he worked really hard on this one."

"You can thank him later." Niffty said. "The ball is ready now and you mustn't keep Alastor waiting."

"Oh I won't."

She released them from her hug and left her room to see Alastor but not before grabbing a small box from her nightstand to take with her. She also had a special gift to give her companion for the evening. It was a homemade gift and she hoped from the bottom of her heart that Alastor would like it even if it wasn't all that grand or impressive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.5K 1.4K 23
(COMPLETED) Fluffy Charlastor story || Alastor finally gets Charlie's happy hotel up and running, and she's having the time of her life! However, C...
13.7K 285 19
π™°πš•πšŠπšœπšπš˜πš›, πšπš‘πšŽ π™°πšœπšŽπš‘πšžπšŠπš• πšŠπš—πš πš”πš—πš˜πš  𝚝𝚘 πš‹πšŽ, πš‘πšŽπšŠπš›πšπš•πšŽπšœπšœ, πšπšŠπšπš’πš˜ π™³πšŽπš–πš˜πš—. πš‚πšπšŠπš›πšπšœ 𝚝𝚘 πšπšŠπš•πš• πšœπš‘πšŠπš–πšŽπš•πšŽ...
107K 2.6K 28
What happens when Angel and Al fall fast and deep into love, what challenges will they face? Bask in the glory of my beautiful overly protective boys...
2.1K 29 7
Life in hell have a great variety of experiences. Some of them amazing, some of them sad, and some of them weird. There are neverending adventures fo...