Wizards and Geniuses [IronStr...

By drstrangeandironman

Follows through the What If concept: What if Tony, Stephen, Mobius, and Loki became roommates in college? Ir... More

Introduction
Roomates |1|
Breakfast with Tony |2|
Christine |3|
Caught |4|
Mobius!? |5|
Date Night |6|
College Play (BONUS)
Fake Melody |7|
New York |8|
Rainy Confession |9|
Leaving Already? |10|
Thunderstruck |11|
Girlfriend |12|
Icy Heaven |13|
Halloween Holmes |14|
Runaway |15|
Found |16|
Cold Stitches |17|
Frozen Apology |18|
Hurt |19|
Truth |20|
Frostbite |21|
Aftermath |22|
Mystery Ride |23|
Fireworks |24|
Affection |25|
Peace and Thunder |26|
Gifts |27|
Dimension |28|
Thor |29|
Expo |30|
Trouble |31|
Mischief |32|
Missed Calls |33|
Lost |34|
Force |35|
Battle |36|
Plan |37|
Birthday Mayhem |38|
We Did What?! |39|
Relaxation |40|
Mall Wars |42|
Origin |43|
Human |44|
A Good Change |45|
Christmas Party |46|
Avengers |47|
Perfect Team |48|
Boss |49|
Letter |50|
Last Kiss |51|
Many Years |FINALE|
The Wizard Without His Genius |53|

New Students |41|

205 13 3
By drstrangeandironman

Oh god, the car ride was awful awkward. Mobius claimed the driver's seat, he's always the driver. Loki took the seat furthest away from Mobius, all the way in the back.

Not a word was said between them. Loki was extremely pissed off, meanwhile Mobius was miffed at Loki's immature way of communicating. He hoped for a civil conversation between two adults, but it became a childish war.

They made it on campus and parted different ways. Mobius had a folder in between his armpit, it was information on the university. He waited outside, on the stair-steps of the main office. Minutes passed, Quinn was late to her tour, which is a typical thing for a person to do.

"I'm so sorry for being late! I had an issue with traffic." Quinn approached him.

Mobius jumped up, he tried his best to fake a smile even though he felt uncomfortable due to his hangover. "Yeahh, I understand. Traffic can be a real pain in the ass sometimes. Shall we begin the tour?"

"Yes! Your name is Mobius, yeah?" Quinn asked him.

Mobius yawned while saying, "Yep... and you're Quinn?"

"Mhm, show me around now." She made an unnecessary arm gesture, she had that 'I was forced to come here, so I'm going to be a bitch' attitude, just based on her body language.

He sighed deeply, he knew better than to judge someone based on their first impression. He clenched on to his folder and motioned at her to follow him. They faced the main office.

"This is the main office, the headmaster is usually in here. This is where you go to if you have any concerns, or problems. They'll help you with your schedule and-" He looked over at Quinn, she's on her damn phone!

If he didn't have such a horrible headache and a bad temper from his argument earlier, he'd be calm about this. His anger usually forms into humor, "Ohh, wait I'm sorry! This isn't the main office, this is where the library is, my bad." He lied, he was in a salty mood.

Quinn glanced up from her phone, "Huh, small library." She continued doing whatever she was doing on her device. Mobius clenched his teeth, "Yes, let's go to building A." They walked over to a building that was larger than the last one.

"This is where you'll find all of your magic-based classes. It ranges from beginners to advanced, as well as-" He glanced at her again, she's not paying attention...

She giggled at something on her phone, she looked up and covered her mouth as she faked a gasp. "I'm so sorry, what was this building?" Her apology felt so fake.

Mobius harshly sighed, "Magic-based classes are in this- are you even listening!?"

She's on her phone, again! He dropped his folder in frustration, "I'm having a really bad day, and I can't keep up with your bullshit. Find another guide." He stormed off, he went to find Loki.

"Asshole! I'm telling the office!" She yelled out.

"If you can find it!" He yelled back.

——

"Your sciency classes will be taken in this building." As Loki didn't take any science classes, he didn't really know the term for them so he used 'sciency.'

Bruce cocked his head, "And... you're talking about Physics and Chemistry, right?" He shyly asked him.

"Mmm, sure." They didn't have those kind of classes in Asgard. "Hey!" Mobius called out in a breathy way, he was out of breath from running.

"Ah..." Loki couldn't be visibly mean to Mobius in front of a student, so he decided to play nice. "Mobius, where's your student?" Loki questioned.

Mobius thought of what to say, "Oh... she canceled on me."

"Okay, well you're interrupting our tour." Loki's words were coated in secret bitterness.

"Gee... sorry. I'll be in the car." Mobius looked at Bruce, "You're Bruce right?"

"Yeah, that's me." Bruce replied.

"I'm Mobius, maybe we can chat later?"

"Sure. That sounds fine."

"Cool, well... see ya!" He made his way to a different direction.

——

"Are you ready for the phone call?" Loki asked as he sat in the seat next to Mobius.

Mobius made a face, his posture lowered. "Loki..." He looked at the steering wheel while saying, "Can we talk about this before we tell your girlfriend? You're making it seem like it's my fault... yes, it was. But you played the same role as me."

He was expecting Loki to scold him, but instead he took a deep breath in. "Fine... we'll talk it out... what is there to say?"

"Well... for starters, I'm sorry. I understand that you're in a relationship and I respect that, it was never my intention to do what I did." Mobius was always the upbeat, cheerful, guy. It's rare for him to express sadness.

"Alright." Loki crossed his arms, "I'm sorry too, I shouldn't of yelled at you this morning, I was stressed and worried about my girlfriend. I love her dearly, I don't have room in my heart for anyone else."

"I get it... we're still friends right?"

Loki looked at him in a concerned way, "Depends on what Iris's response to all of this is."

And just like that, Mobius felt like crying. He didn't, but he was about to. He cared for Loki and was frightened that he'd lose him. He started the car and drove in silence. Horrible thoughts hit him, what if their friendship ends?

A few minutes into the car ride, Mobius asked, "If... we don't stay friends... what will happen to us?"

"I'm not sure. I'm... going to call Iris now." He had his phone in his hand, he searched her contact.

Mobius didn't protest. He kept his sad eyes on the road.

Iris answered, "Hey hun."

"Hey... um, Mobius and I have something important we need to tell you..."

The suspense was killing Mobius, he wasn't sure if Iris would hate him or not. Something came out of Loki's mouth that he didn't expect, "Can you come over now?"

He thought he'd have to face her on the phone, not in person! He supposed that's better though... "Uhph, sure? I'll be there in a bit." She said

"Okay, thank you. Goodbye." Loki turned off his phone.

"In person, huh?" Mobius questioned, he pulled up to their driveway.

"I figured that'd be best."

——

They walked into the living room, Stephen and Tony were snuggled up on the couch. "Iris is coming over, I think it'd be best if you left the house or went into your room." Loki told his two friends.

Stephen let go of Tony, "What? Why?" He then remembered the situation, "Ohhh... okay, we'll leave the house, is that alright?" He asked his boyfriend.

Tony yawned with a nod, "Yeah. We can walk around town or something."

The both of them stood up from the couch, the stretched together. "We'll be back in an hour, text us if you need us to leave longer." Stephen told Loki before walking through a portal. The both of them left.

Minutes later, Iris softly knocked on the door. Mobius' heart was pounding, he couldn't see straight! Loki opened the door, "Come in." He told her.

"Oh boy, you guys are acting suspicious." Iris said in a joking way. Everyone sat down in the living-room. They all went serious. "Iris..." Loki's voice was harsh, he struggled with finding his words. Mobius had his hand on Loki's shoulder while saying, "I'll say it."

Loki gave him an approving nod. Mobius sat up, he prepared himself for any backlash. "Last night, Loki and I were celebrating Stephen's birthday at a restaurant. Tony and Stephen left us alone at the booth and... well, we were super drunk whenever that happened. We were being irresponsible and ended up hooking up with each other in our car... Iris, I'm so sorry. I did not mean for that to happen at all. We felt like telling you would be the right thing, I want to stay as your friend, and I don't want you to be angry at Loki."

Iris had a neutral expression, she didn't seem to be too bothered by this. She shrugged, "Huh... okay."

"Okay? You're not mad?" Loki asked her, he was surprised. "I don't know... I can't be mad at you, it could've happened to any of us. I'd be mad if you kept that a secret from me, but you didn't. Which I appreciate you being honest, so thank you for that. And Mobius, we're still friends. I'm not angry with you. Just no more drinking with each other, okay?"

They were stunned! Mobius nodded, he sniffled from the tears that were about to fall. He felt so relieved that Iris wasn't mad, and him and Loki would stay friends. He stood up and went in for a hug toward Iris. "Thank you." He weeped. "Yeah... I know you'd never purposely do that with him." She whispered into his ear.

"I swear I'll never drink again." Loki held his hand up, Iris laughed. "You can drink, just not with him."

"Deal!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.1K 1.3K 30
After your parents' death, you have worked hard to follow your dreams of becoming a scientist. You spend ages in the lab at a local high school, work...
173K 7.8K 16
Loki and Thor have come to Earth to find a new home after the destruction of Asgard during Ragnarok. Loki has reservations about Thor's plan, given...
129K 3.2K 22
When a sick 20 travels to New York from Britain with her best friend trying to find there Soul mate's before her time is up they run into the Avenger...
207K 5K 38
(Loki x Reader) [COMPLETED] y/n Stark, the daughter of billionaire genius Tony Stark and Pepper Potts, arrives at the Avengers Tower after spending s...