Jay Halstead x Reader Story/I...

By changetyre

Jay and y/n have a history together, and everyone around them knows they are more than they claim to be. y/n... More

(1. Y/n)
(2. Lonnie Rodiger)
(3. 8:30)
(4. New Dress)
(5. Bounty)
(6. 1,2,3...)
(7. Shay ✞)
(8. Adrian Gish)
(9. Taser certification)
(10. My best friend)
(11. I am the apocalypse)
(12.1. Green Nail polish)
(12.2. Nadia Decotis✞)
(13. Our first time)
(14.1. Derek Keyes)
(14.2. Kill her first)
(15. I love you)
(16. Jeff Frazier)
(17. Beckett)
(18. We've got a bomb)
(19. She's a lucky girl)
(20.1. Jessica Pope)
(20.2. Dr. Dean Reybold)
(20.3. Trial)
(21. Care Bear)
(23.1. Unfinished business)
(23.2. He's gone)
(24. Birthday)
(25. Polly)
(26. Grandpa)
(27. Angel Star)
(28. Through thick and thin)
(29. Mouch and Trudy)
(30. She's been shot)
(31. Hit and Run)
(32. Double Date)
(33. Rixton)
(34. Lexie Olinsky ✞)
(35. I'm his wife)
(36. Nicole)
(37. He's an idiot)
(38. Camila Vega)
(39.1. Captive)
(39.2. V-fib)
(39.3. Wake up)
(40. Healing)
(41. Brianna Woods)
(42.1. Trudy live)
(42.2. Trigger)
(43. Booth)
(44.1. Surprise)
(44.2. Crash)
(45. Engaged)
(46. Halloween)
(47. Alvin Olinsky ✞)
(48.1. Overwhelming)
(48.2. Pat Halstead ✞)
(48.3. The last thread)
(49. Preparations)
(50. I do)
(51. Family)
(52. Bob Ruzek)
(53. It's a baby!)
(54.1. Detained)
(54.2. Uncuff her)
(54.3. My dad)
(54.4. Cobalt Phantoms)
(54.5. Escape)
Christmas Special
(55. Ties that bind)
(56. The plunge)
Hello?
(57. Truce)

(22. Emma)

2.8K 56 8
By changetyre

Luckily today we had the day off work so I slept in late. I felt really sore when I woke up so I made my way to the bathroom to check how my chest was doing. Jay was still sleeping next to me. I looked in the mirror and lifted up my shirt seeing the bruise in my chest had doubled in size and was really red, when I touched it it was really painful but I didn't want to worry Jay so I didn't say anything.

I put on a bra and one of Jay's shirts before making my way to the kitchen and starting to make some breakfast. I was flipping a crepe on the stove when I felt Jay behind me bringing his arms under my arms and wrapping them across my chest.

I hissed in pain and he quickly pulled his hands away. "What's wrong?" He asked me worried.

"It's nothing, just the bruise from Spencer, it's still a little sore, sorry," I told him turning and serving the crepes on two plates I had set on the counter.

"You sure you don't need to go get that checked out?" Jay asked me, with his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"No, don't worry about it, it's just a bad bruise," I reassured him, not telling him breathing still hurt.

I quickly ate my crepe. "You going somewhere?" He asked me noticing I was rushing.

"Yep, Trudy asked me to meet her, she's worried about the wedding and the budget so she asked me to come check something out. I'll be gone for a couple of hours but I'll try to be quick." I said running over to give him a kiss before going to the bedroom to change.

______

Trudy told me that her dad, kinda my Grandpa had come by to have dinner with Mouch and her last night, letting them know that he was broke and wouldn't be able to pay for the wedding. Trudy was kind of freaking out not only because of the wedding but because she was worried about her dad.

"Hey, he'll be fine, he's a tough guy. And the wedding will be perfect, doesn't matter how much money we have to work with." I tried reassuring Trudy.

"I don't know Honey, I had this whole thing planned and now it's looking like we'll have to get married on the side of the street." She told me bummed out.

"I'm sure we'll think of something. Now c, mon let's start making cuts and see what we can salvage from your dream wedding." I encouraged her.

Just as I suspected going through Trudy's wedding planner and budgeting everything out took a couple of hours. It was already night when I got a text on my phone.

Jay💍: When are you getting home?

You: I'm almost done, I'll be home in 20, I'll pick us up some dinner

Jay left me on read and I thought he was mad. I said my goodbyes to Trudy before driving to Jay's favorite burger place and picking us up some dinner before heading home.

I made my way upstairs and I opened the door to see a girl, just wearing one of my shirts and panties. I felt my heart sink "Who are you?"

"I'm Emma." She giggled. "I was here with that hot man...Halstead, I think he said his name was." she giggled again. "I'm actually waiting for him." She plopped down on the couch.

It took everything in me not to go over and drag this girl out of my apartment but instead, I dropped everything that was in my hands and grabbing a jacket from the coat hanger next to the door.

"y/n?" I heard Jay's voice.

"Get your stuff and get the hell out of my house before I come back." I turned around and walked out.

"What? Wait! It's not what it looks like. Put some god damn clothes on!" I heard him yell but I kept walking.

I took my phone out and dialed Kelly as I went to the elevators, the elevator was taking too long so instead, I opted for running down the stairs.

"Hey bear what's up?" Kelly answered.

"I walked into my apartment and there was this girl in shirts and underwear..." my voice was breaking.

"I'll be right over, you'll stay at mine tonight," Kelly told me.

"Ok, thanks Kel, I'll be at the café next door." I finished hanging up and continuing to head down.

I was heavily breathing as I walked down the stairs when I felt that sharp pain in my chest again, except this time I really couldn't get a breath in and it felt like everything around me was spinning. I felt myself fall down the steps before everything went black.

Jay's POV:

"Put your God damn clothes on and get out of here!" I screamed to the girl Will had brought into the apartment running out to run after y/n.

Will was coming out of the elevator. "Hey man, he smiled up at me with a carton of beer in his hands."

I gritted my teeth. "y/n walked into your lady friend half-naked on our couch." I shoved past him to open the door that led to the stairs.

"Wait What? Wait she didn't think-" Will started registering.

I held the door open. "Yes! She did think!" I shoved him and then we heard a loud thud at the bottom of the stairs.

Will dropped the things in his hand and we both ran down as fast as we could. As we were nearing the end of the stairs I looked down at the center and saw a hand sticking out of the railing.

"It's y/n!" I breathed and choked up.

"Stay calm man, she probably just tripped." Will tried to reassure me but I hear worry laced in his voice.

We turned another flight of stairs and there she was, sprawled out on the stairs, some blood coming out of her head. I froze just taking in the sight. Will pushed past me and started taking a look at y/n wound on her head.

"Did she had a head injury before she fell?" Will asked me.

I snapped out of my frozen state and ran beside him. "Yeah, she was hit with a lamp yesterday, but they said it wasn't that bad," I told Will.

Will nodded. "Her breathing...she's wheezing," Will told me putting his ear to y/n mouth. "Jay call an ambulance." He told me and my worry increased even more.

"Why what does that mean? Will is she gonna be okay?" I asked my brother as I quickly dialed for an ambulance. "They'll be here in 5 minutes."

"Did she have any other injuries?" Will asked me ignoring my questions.

"Uhmm no..." I remembered. "Her chest! A guy elbowed her on the chest, she said it was a bad bruise, I told her to get it checked out."

"Ok help me." Will moved down to her feet. "Grab her head and try to keep it as straight as you can, we're gonna move her down here." he pointed at flatter ground.

"Ok, count of 3," I said and we lifted her up and placed her on the floor.

Will ripped her shirt open to reveal a horrible-looking bruise that was turning yellow, spread across her chest."It's a hematoma, and I'm pretty sure it ruptured." Will told me.

"Is she gonna be okay?" I asked him again. We then heard sirens outside.

"She's gonna be fine just go let them in," Will instructed me and I ran out to get the paramedics.

They were loading y/n to the back of the ambulance when Kelly appeared out of nowhere. "y/n!" His face turned into panic and worry once he saw y/n laying unconscious on the stretcher with a bandage around her head and a bruise all across her chest.

"What the hell did you do to her!" Kelly angrily turned to me and started charging at me.

"Man it's not like that!" I put my hands up defensively before Will stood between us putting a hand on Kelly's chest to stop him.

"I assume she called you, the girl in the apartment...she was with me." Will quickly told him.

"And why the hell is she on a stretcher all bruised up huh?" Kelly asked still holding back the urge to hit me.

"It was from a work-related injury," I replied.

"Who's coming with us?" The paramedic asked us.

I was about to walk around Will and Kelly to get inside but Kelly beat me to it. "She won't want to see you when she's awake," Kelly told me a little more calm. "Take my car." He said tossing us his keys before shutting the ambulance door.

_______

Y/n pov:

I woke up and felt a tube on my nose. I pulled it off and tried to get up from my where I was laying. "Where am I?" Although I had found myself in this situation before I wasn't really able to remember what had happened that led me to be here.

"Hey hey hey, you have to stay here." I saw Kelly and he gently pushed me back down.

"What happened?" I asked him not really feeling any pain anywhere indicating what might have happened.

"You fell down the stairs last night, and you had a ruptured hematoma on your chest that needed to get cleaned out." He explained.

I looked down at my chest and placed my hand on it to feel a large bandage on it. I tried remembering the events of last night but it was all very blurry.

"I can't remember what happened," I told Kelly. "Where's Jay?" I asked him

"Uhmm." He clicked his tongue before explaining. "Yesterday you walked into your apartment and found a girl in your living room, you got mad and-"

I started remembering a little bit. "I ran down the stairs and then my chest started hurting." I started remembering the emotions of last night.

"Yeah but listen Jay explained everything to me, Will needed a place to crash last night because of an issue in his apartment complex and Jay didn't know he had brought a girl over," he explained. "Will helped you last night after you fell."

I scoffed at my attitude. "Oh my god, I feel so dumb, Where is he though?"

"He thought you wouldn't want to see him when you woke up and he didn't want to make things worse so he's been staying in the waiting room just asking for updates on you.

"Can you please go get him?" I asked Kelly.

He nodded before leaning down to give me a kiss on the forehead "I'm gonna head to work but text me if you need anything." He told me then left the room.

A couple of minutes later Jay walked in sheepishly. "Hey" he greeted me leaning against the door.

"Jay come here, I'm so sorry." I felt ashamed for doubting him.

I saw his body relax as he walked next to my bed. "No, I'm sorry I should've told you about Will, I mean I would've thought the same thing, and if it wasn't for me then you wouldn't have hurt yourself-" Jay started rambling.

I pulled him down to give him a kiss. "Can we just agree that we're ok and forgiven?" I said after we pulled out of the kiss.

"Yes please." He smiled.

"So how long is Will staying?" I asked him.

"He thought it was best if he went to stay with Natalie instead, he didn't want to cause any more trouble," he told me.

"Oh, well hopefully those two will realize their feelings for each other." I shrugged.

"What?" Jay looked at me confused.

"Oh you have to be kidding me, those two are so into each other," I told Jay like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Wait... what?" I watched Jay's face as he processed this information making me laugh.

Natalie walked in then. "Good to hear you laughing y/n. How are you feeling?" She asked me.

"Actually really good, my chest just stings a little but I feel like I can breathe better I told her." I let her know.

"That's good to hear, you will feel a little sting in your chest because we had to make a small incision to clean up the rupture but that should feel better in a few days. You can get back to work and resume as normal." Natalie told me.

"Okay, thanks, Nat." I turned to see Jay was looking at Natalie differently like he was still processing what I had told him before. I hit his leg lightly.

"Oh yeah, thanks, Nat." He smiled after snapping out of it.

Natalie was about to walk out and at the same time, Will came in. They bumped into each other and they both blushed as they stumbled on their words trying to get past each other before Will grabbed Natalie and moved into the room so that they weren't in each other's way anymore.

They both smiled at each other as Natalie walked away and I once again turned to look at Jay's expression who was now smiling at the scene in front of him.

"How are you feeling?" Will asked me.

"All better, thanks for helping me," I told him and he then turned to Jay.

"Hey man I'm sorry about everything, it was my fault." Will apologized to Jay.

"No man, it's all good, it was just all a big misunderstanding." Jay hugged his brother and I laid there smiling up at them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 2.8K 32
y/n moves to Chicago trying to get a fresh start, she becomes good friends with some people over at Firehouse 51. One night she meets detective Jay H...
33.1K 788 51
The third story in the ONE Chicago series is here! If you haven't read Three Teams, ONE Chicago and Our City, Our Rules, ONE Chicago.... Please read...
4.1K 209 26
She was running through the alleys being chased by the Chicago police, she was tired and out of breath, maybe from the drugs that were in her system...
67.2K 1.3K 76
The next story following Three Teams, ONE Chicago in the ONE Chicago series. Make sure to read Three Teams, ONE Chicago before reading Our City, Ou...