The Blink of an Eye

By StoryTeller96

Heather Haggler, a young but comely fifteen year old faces extreme difficulties shortly after the death of he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 15

163 1 0
By StoryTeller96

"Mm, what do you want?" I asked rudely, my eyes piercing at him. The patio lights were on, so I knew he could see my glare the way I meant for him to.

He shrugged as if he were innocent, "I just came to check on you, beautiful."

He sat on the other side of me. I gazed at him, trying to avoid his eyes, but they were so irresistible. I came back into reality and snatched my gaze from him rudely, not being sucked in by his mesmerizing eyes.

"Come on, why do you have to be that way?" He questioned, touching my elbow. I shrugged as a response, pursing my lips stubbornly. "What...is it because I wouldn't tell you what we hid from both you and Lola?" He questioned, cocking an eyebrow. I didn't reply. He started chuckling, "Ah-ha. Soit is that, isn't it?" He scooted his chair closer to me, and slowly eased up a bit, maybe I'm being a little sensitive about it. "Look, it's nothing, really, I don't see why you're so desperate to know." He claimed apologetically.

"Then why are you hiding it from me?" I snapped tersely. He stared at me bluntly, and his face softened up a bit after a few seconds. "I mean, if it's nothing, then why I can't I know?" I questioned.

He scooted closer to me, his lips meeting beside my right ear. "It's not a big deal, really. You wouldn't care." He whispered. I snapped a look at him. His calm smile had suddenly been replaced by a smirk; "I heard you got a new tongue piercing...?" He bought up, changing the subject.

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that whole tongue pierce thing! The pain has been slowly easing up on me that I failed to notice that I actually ever had one. I felt my tongue, as the pierce poked the apex of my index finger.

"Mm, yeah. It had hurt at first." I claimed with a smile, forgetting my upset mood.

"Oh, really?" He cocked an eyebrow, scooting even closer.

I nodded. "Yeah..." My voice trailed off as I noticed how close he was to me, I gazed down at his lips and back up at him.

"I'm sure you wouldn't mind if I played with it, just for a little while?" He asked softly.

I gave him a look as if to saying 'not ever'. He gave me a challenging look and lean into me, but I yanked my head from him, rejecting. As he fought me playfully to get to my lips, he had finally won. He pinned both of my hands onto the back door as he smiled deviously.

"Michael, nice job, but fun's over. Let go of me." I demanded calmly, my eyes fixed on his. He smirked as a response, taking it as a joke. And just as I was about to yell at him this time, he slowly leaned in towards my lips and quickly planted a kiss on them, pulling away steadily.

I gazed at his lips just as he was about to lean in again. Oh, why not? Just as I closed my eyes for another soft kiss, it wasn't what I expected. He bit my bottom lip gently but fiercely, and just as I was about to yell at him for doing so, he quickly stuck his tongue in my mouth.

I could feel it dance on top of my piercing, licking it. I wrinkled my eyebrows at the same time as it felt weird to me, but then...I decided to just, live a little.

Kresten and Lola are upstairs at this very moment, doing more mature things, and I can't even French kiss with Michael? I might as well. I closed my eyes as I kicked my tongue into gear, having it work with his smoothly, without a care. He cupped my face with his hands as he kissed me more roughly and furiously. I had finally kissed him back, seeing as though it was very slight for him to give me a chance to be the one to start a kiss. I found it hard to believe that my lip piercing didn't stick him in the lip, but I was glad it didn't. He had finally pulled away officially and brushed some of the hair out of my face.

"It's cold out here, let's go inside." He suggested softly. I nodded as an agreement and walked back inside, him following me from behind.

Just as we both got into the living room, Michael sat down on the couch, expecting for me to sit next to him.

I stood in place, turning to James. "I think I'm ready to hit the hay. I'm really sleepy. James, do you mind taking me back to Lola's house with your van?" I forced a smile.

"My car's in the repair shop, the van's Kresten's. Go upstairs; ask him to drive you home." He instructed with a smirk.

Vincent and Brett mimicked him, flashing the same smirk. I knew they were putting me into a trap, just for me to walk in on Kresten and Lola when they're doing...eh. I shuddered in thought. But at the same time, I'mreally sleepy.

I sighed, making my way towards the staircase. And as I was, I could hear the guys snicker. I shot a look at them, and continued going upstairs. As soon as I got in the hallways of the second floor, I instantly remembered where the guest room was, so I directed myself there with no help.

As soon as I got to the door, I pressed my ear against it softly, and could hear strange noises. I wrinkled my eyebrows, continuing to listen. It was kind of inaudible like, but it sounded like soft moans and grunts. Disgusting!

"Um..." My voice trailed off as I tapped the joint of my index finger against the door softly.

"Mmm?" I could hear Lola respond in a moan.

"Um...Lola, it's...me. I-I'm ready to go home." I called out, trying to listen still. As I waited for a reply, I heard soft whispers from both her and Kresten. Just as I thought I waited long enough, I opened my mouth to speak up once more, but I stopped when Lola went back to speaking.

"Um, go away! Not now." She called out calmly.

I raised an eyebrow, "What? But why?" I know I was being stubborn, interrupting their pleasure privacy.

"Look, a-ask James or someone to drop you off! Kresten's keys are downstairs! I'll be back at home in a couple of hours! I promise." She called out.

I smacked my teeth silently. "Al-alright. Bye." I stammered.

Just as they probably thought I was gone out of their hair for good, I stood there for a little longer, puzzled. Shortly after, I walked downstairs and the guys went silent again. "Lola told me to ask one of you if you could take me home." I mentioned softly, fiddling with my fingers.

Brett cocked an eyebrow, standing up instantly as a volunteer. He was always willing to be helpful to me.

"No, Brett, sit back down. Michael can take her." James confirmed, smirking directly at him.

Michael was slumped on the couch, with a cigarette in his mouth. "But Ijust started smoke-"

James gave him an eager look, and raised the both of his eyebrows. Michael had went from rejecting to accepting, smiling as he pressed it against a platform nearby and stood up, dusting himself off. I walked to the door awkwardly as he took the keys and followed me.

Just before he closed the door once we got outside, the last remark was from Vincent, who said, "Have fun, you two".

The wind was picking up steadily as I hurried over to the passenger side of the van. Michael took his time, unlocking the door carefully, I guess it's because he didn't want to be responsible for breaking any of his best friend's belongings. I stood impatiently, waiting as it felt like the temperature was dropping by seconds. As soon as I heard the locks pluck, I opened the door quickly and got inside, rubbing my hands together. Michael did the same, starting up the van.

"You know how to drive, don't you?" I questioned blankly, staring straight ahead. "

Don't underestimate me. I'm seventeen." He confirmed sourly, I could feel his glare focusing on me.

"I know that, I was just asking. You know, I wouldn't want us to get in a car crash." I mentioned while hugging myself for warmth, emphasizing 'car'. It went silent, and the only thing you could hear was the engine roaring.

"Are you saying that I could be drunk or high?" He guessed with disbelief. I remained silent, not saying a word, and so did he. After a few seconds, I broke it by breathing out an exhausted sigh.

"Look, I'm sleepy, and I tend to get very bitchy when I'm sleepy, so could you please drive?" I asked impatiently. He looked at me a little longer, and finally shifted the gear stick and backed out, driving off. James house is at a good walking distance from Lola's house, so we got there in no time. We both got out of the car, and I walked up to the front door. I took out a spare house key, and once I got the door opened, I turned the lights on, and I closed the door. Michael stood in place, scratching his head and then sighing afterwards.

Just as I was headed to the staircase to change, I glanced at him, "You don't have to be here. You could've just dropped me off and went back to doing god knows what." I suggested, crossing my arms.

He paced the floor a little, and stood in place as if he were frustrated. "Can I...come upstairs with you?" He asked, scratching his head awkwardly. I stared at him, not sure of how to reply. "I mean, this is kind of like your house now so...I guess it's up to you." He randomly stated. I gazed at him a little while longer, for what seemed like years, until I slowly tilted my head, examining him, and nodded. He followed me until we both got into the guest room. "So, this is your room for now?" He questioned, seeming a bit occupied.

"Yeah, I know it's nothing right now but I'm thinking about going to my house to get some decorations from my old room, to make it seem a little homier." I sat on the best as I kicked my red converse off, kicking my feet in the air afterwards. He smirked as he sat down beside me, continuing to look around. I stared at him, waiting for him to give more feedback.

"Well, you have a dresser, I see. A closet, a bathroom..." He listed, continuing to look around.

I nodded with a wide smile, "Oh! And, a ground-to-ceiling mirror!" I squealed, pointing to it eagerly. He laughed as a response. "I didn't have that in my old room," I announced with a laugh, continuing to kick my feet in the air.

He chuckled as he stared down at his hands. "You are truly...one of a kind."

I giggled and as it died down, I bit my lip, staring at him as he seemed nervous. What? Michael, nervous?

"Look...I know about how your mom handled it yesterday. And I just want to say I'm sorry." He apologized truthfully, settling his eyes into mine.

"It's totally fine. Who needs her? You know, I mean, she may have kicked me out of my own house, forbid me to speak to Haley, threw my clothes out into the rain, threw me out into the rain, and left me with no choices to go...but..." My voice started getting shaky as I could feel my eyes moisture up. I sniffed as he continued to look at me with sympathetic eyes. "So um...yeah." I muttered out, I started crying as he scooted closer to me and laid my head on his chest.

I felt so thankful to having someone to cry on. Michael may be a conceited bad boy, but when it comes to girls getting hurt, he doesn't seem to be fond by that. "It'll be okay." He consoled.

"It's like, fuck my feelings, fuck my life, just give up on me, you know?" I listed while sobbing, wiping my eyes.

Wet eyeliner appeared on my fingers, and I rubbed it on my thighs. I sniffed as I pulled off of him and sat casual, easing up.

"I think Lola should really be here. You really need your best friend, don't you?" He questioned softly. I

gazed at him and shrugged. "I mean, Lola's been there for me plenty. I'm okay with you being here." I noted confidently, easing up into a smile. I sat in place in silence, and a couple of random sniffs later, I stood up, "Hey, I'm going to get changed, I'll be right back." I touched his shoulder and went into the closet to get out some sleeping clothes, and went to bed.

I have school tomorrow, and there's no way I'm not going this time, I hate making up work. After I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and putted away my piercings, I came back into the room from the bathroom.

"Whoa." He claimed, examining my face as he stood up.

"I know I kind of look ugly without any makeup...go ahead and laugh." I allowed with a cheesy grin.

"I wasn't going to say that at all, actually." He confirmed with a smile. I gazed at him and blushed secretly, walking to one of the room windows. "I think I should seriously be headed back. So uh...yeah. I'll see you tomorrow or whenever." He concluded in a dismissive tone.

"Oh, already? Okay, and, thanks for making me feel better. I really appreciate it." I flashed a soft smile, and he did the same in return.

I gazed out the window as I was alone in the room. I stared at the sky, things will get better for me, I know it will. I have friends who care, and they'll me through whatever, whenever.

I sighed as I turned around to go to bed, but as I did, I stopped in place. Standing there in front of me, now pinning me against the wall was none other than Michael. I thought he left.

I blinked at him repeatedly, amazed. "Michael?" I was finding it hard to believe, but then again, as I stood there thinking about positivity, I haven't once heard any footsteps descend or the front door shut.

"I want you, so fucking badly..." His voice trailed off as his eyes settled into mine, and I was almost mesmerized.

I threw on my serious attitude, "Mike, you're high. I'm sleepy. Go home."

He shook his head, resisting as he pulled me over to my bed.

"Are you crazy? I'm freaking dying of no rest here." I whined out. He had quickly planted a kiss on my lips, and pulled away slowly. I was now trapped under his charms. I leaned in as well and did the same in return and as it were just slow, quick pecks, they turned into fast and passionate kissing.

I pushed him on the bed, and as I was about to do something that would change my life, I knew I just couldn't. This isn't the right place, nor the right time. And we're not even dating. It's alright for Kresten and Lola to, because they're boyfriend and girlfriend. But me and Michael, no. We're friends who feel for one another, yet, for some reason, neither one of us to the time to ask each other out. He smiled, getting excited. My face had gone from seductive to calm, and mature.

I finally let out a sigh, "Michael, I can't do this."

He sat up, raising an eyebrow as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing, "Why?"

I rubbed my arm and sat next to him, staring down at my hands that were embracing one another. "It's just...well, I'm not ready for that step in my life. I want to take things slow, you know? You and I are only friends." I figured aloud.

His eyebrows knitted into confusion, while I studied him, trying to figure out why. "Oh, um..." His voice trailed off, his hands stealing the gaze we had on one another.

"Yeah...? Go ahead and let whatever you have to say out." I allowed with an accepting soft and gentle smile.

"I kind of figured, you know...ever since me and you made out that day, we were already..." His voice trailed off, looking at me as if he were expecting for me to add onto the wrecking sentence. I widened my eyes as my mouth formed into an 'oval' shape, realizing what he assumed.

"Oh." I had finally replied, my thoughts sinking.

"Yeah." He responded awkwardly.

"Well, why didn't you say anything? This whole time I thought we were just best friends, making out and flirting for no apparent reason." I had really thought that we were doing that, and to be honest, there are friendships like that in the world.

"Of course not. Why else would I French kiss with you outside earlier? Or when James would tease the both of us? Or when I cuddled with you in the van earlier? Friends don't experience that together, it's impossible." He stated in a guarenteed voice. I grinned as he did as well.

"Well," I started fiddling with my fingers, how I do all the time to avoid any awkward vibes.

"Well, what? I mean, if you don't WANT to be mines, then it's cool..." He stood up and shrugged as if it weren't a big deal, but I knew the way his sentence came out, he was offended by the whole idea of it.

"No!" I interrupted tersely, tugging on his arm.

He stopped in place, staring at me.

I took a deep breath, thinking. "I would actually love it if you and I could be something more." I could feel my cheeks getting hot, and that meant that I was seriously blushing.

He forced a grin as he sat back down, scooting beside me. "And, putting all silliness aside for now, you really wouldn't care if someone like me was yours?" He cocked an eyebrow conceitedly and grinned as he waited for my reply. I sucked in my breath, afraid of the wrong things slipping out.

"I want you," I mumbled, my face sprouting into a smirk. He smirked back.

"I love the way you think," He said. "Because, it's just a weird coincidence that I want you too, if not, more."

I think I was definitely getting turned on by his replies, and I actually was reconsidering finishing what we both started, that I chickened out of. But instead, I gave him a quick but warm hug, and he left my presence, going back to James' house.

After I watched a little TV downstairs, I went to bed, since I clearly had school the next morning. I laid in bed in silence, no light but the moonlight contrasting on my bed, on me. I turned over, facing the ceiling, thinking about today.

Okay, so I am now in a relationship with Michael (but little did I know, I was his girlfriend this whole time and didn't realize until tonight), I learned to French kiss sort of, Kresten and Lola had officially scarred my ears and memory with their rough noises that was never meant for me to hear, and my friends took me shoplifting, which I didn't actually do.

I sighed in thought as those weren't the only things that took place on this eventful day, but for the first time in my life, I actually drowned in curiosity about Brandon, so much that it had put me to sleep....

_________________________________

Comment, share, and vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 487 24
"Life is a fight from the minute you take your first breath to the moment you exhale your last." Ronda Rousey, My Fight / Your Fight ****************...
482K 13.9K 70
She is sweet. He is cruel. She wants freedom. He wants her all to his self. ~*~ Roselyn has been a good little girl all her life. Never said the word...
464 23 15
Lindsay is a high school girl. Her and her best friend, Lizzie, are very close. They've known each other since they were little. When Lindsay's paren...
295 80 23
Growing up in a toxic environment, sixteen-year-old Jay Foster has always had psychological problems, coupled with a quick temper. But one night some...