Chapter 30

I snorted while I continued to lean against the nightstand. Was he serious? Did he just say what he just said? “What?” I laughed out, my face looking somewhat amused by this. His face was serious, though. My face had gone from highly entertained to irate, “Don’t be so stupid, Brandon. Why would I be-”

“It all makes sense, though.” He interrupted me, pushing his hands in his hair as if he were possessed with factors that might support his theory.

“I…I hope you realize how ridiculous you sound. Me? Pregnant. Never.” I resisted to believe that I could be pregnant, that’s absurd. And how could he think that?

“Heather.” Brandon’s voice tone sounded annoyed, probably annoyed that I refused to believe what he was thinking.

“That’s impossible, though. I didn’t sleep with any….” My voice trailed off as I looked up at him, his mouth was in a tight line. “Oh…” I looked at my nails to avoid awkward silence, and he cupped the back of his neck with his hand. “Well, I’m going to go to a place where life makes sense again.” I confirmed, walking out of the room until he caught me by the elbow. I turned to him, cocking an eyebrow.

“You can’t go anywhere until you see a doctor. Just…go see one and see if you are." He told me, giving me that stare.

“I’d rather go to a pharmacy store and buy a pregnancy test.” I threw my hand on my hips, holding his eyes with my own.

“Then go buy one then.” He said.

“No,” I resisted, “This is stupid. I’m not pregnant.” As I was walking out the door, he spoke up again.

“We never used protection.” He suddenly said, leading me to stop in place.

All of this talk about when we had that ‘special’ time together was awkward, especially when he’s in a relationship now, someone other than me. I turned back to him, “Correction, you didn’t use protection. If I’m pregnant, I will never talk to you ever again.”

He grabbed my arm and dragged me downstairs, grabbing his keys off of the table.

“What are you doing? Where are you taking me?! Let me go!” I tried to fight off his grasp of my arm, and he pulled from me as soon as we were outside. The wind was blowing. I tried to go back inside the house but he grabbed me by the waist and took me to his BMW. “Stop it!” I screamed, smacking his hand, “I hate being picked up….period. What makes you think I like to be picked up by you?”

“Just get in damn car! Either I take you to the doctor or you go and buy the test at the pharmacy.” He let out with a sigh, his keys in his hands. I stared at him; I cannot believe we’re still on this. He gave me a pleading stare, and I couldn’t even back out now.

“Fine. But I’m going to the pharmacy.” I confirmed. He breathed out a sigh when I walked to the passenger side of the car, and he got in on the driver’s side. The ride there was silent, until I couldn’t stand to be in it anymore. “You know, if I was am pregnant, you do realize it’s your fault, right?” I reassured, turning to him. He continued to have his eyes fixed on the road. I chuckled with disbelief, “And you do realize that I can’t keep it, right? I’m doing so well in school…I’m not giving that up for a baby that would look like you.” I spat out venomously. He tensed up in his seat, and I could tell it was bothering him.

When we got there, I walked inside awkwardly, him by my side. He looked around as if he was paranoid, and I exchanged a half curious half annoyed look at him, until I figured out why. “You don’t want Brooke to spot us getting pregnancy tests, do you? Ha, figures you’d be embarrassed to be seen with me.” I walked off annoyingly, my headache slowly starting to make its way back. I felt on it as I looked at an aisle of things.