Chapter 24

The next day, I woke up tiredly as I noticed Brandon wasn't on my bed anymore. I felt on the sheets, wondering why as I realized that it wasn't like he was my cell phone or small device.

Just as I was about to call out to him, he walked out of the guest room bathroom, his shirt was off, and he had on a pair of denim jeans and shoes. My back quickly straightened and my eyes widened as he walked over to my mirror, ruffling with his own hair. He was unaware that I was awake, until he noticed me once he looked at me through the mirror reflection.

"Oh," He started up, smiling afterwards. I remained quiet, and a small grin glazed over my face, I could feel myself blushing sort of. "I forgot that I wasn't in my house for a second." He laughed out, messing with his hair again. My grin had gotten wider as a response. He stood uncomfortably and turned to me, his abs totally exposed. I got out of bed quickly and didn't say a word to him; instead, I smiled one last time and went into the guest bathroom.

After I brushed my teeth and washed my face, he came back into the bathroom, he flipped his hair and looked over at me.

 "Hey, um, if you're going to school, I'll take us." He offered. I turned towards him, folding my arms,

"Of course I'm going to school." I walked passed him and went into the walk in closet, getting on my knees while trying to find something to wear. As I was going through my piles of clothes, I heard footsteps approach me. "Did you see if Lola made it back this morning?" I questioned, knowing it was Brandon that was behind me.

"Uh, no. She's not back. I think she's making herself very comfortable there." He claimed in a low tone. I snatched out a red shirt and black torn skinny jeans, and my white converse. I walked passed him, trying to ignore the fact that his shirt was still off. As I threw my clothes on my bed, I turned to see his arms crossed, smiling directly at me.

"You mind giving me privacy? I have to change." I confirmed with a grin.

He had then putted on his shirt, walking out without another word. I stared at the door, as I could feel that he was probably still there. I shrugged in thought, putting on my clothes. After that, I was straightening my hair through the mirror, and he came back in. I placed my hair in a ponytail as he approached me.

"You ready?" I asked, not looking directly at him. He raised his car keys in the air as a response. I quickly forced a small and fetched my book bag, going downstairs with him. Once we got outside, we headed for the car doors. The car ride was silent. I wanted to ask him if he didn't mind me staying with him, and I had to ask him before it was too late, Lola's days of being here are limited now. I bit my lip as he focused on the road. Just as I had the courage to speak, he beat me at words.

"You know, my parents aren't going to be over this weekend," He started up, running his fingers through his hair again as he glared at the slow driving car in front of us.

I love it when he glares. It's so appealing, the way his green eyes glisten and sparkle when he looks aggravated, and his rising eyebrow gives it extra points. I giggled, "When are they ever?"

He smiled at my reply, not saying a word. After a few minutes of silence, he started the conversation back up again. "I was wondering, maybe...maybe you'd like to come over and hang out?" He suggested as we drove into the parking lot of the school. A smile had crept up on my face, and I replied with a simple yes. Afterwards, we got out of the car and started walking into school together. He gazed at me as he walked me to my locker. "You know, you look sort of different." He claimed, tilting his head, narrowing his eyes down at me. I looked at him confusingly, my eyes getting broad as I realized why.

I started blushing, "Oh, um, I don't...I don't have any of my piercings on." A smile had appeared on his face, "Oh, yeah, that's why. Well, you look better without them."