Chapter 16

The next day. I opened my eyes lightly, looking to my right to see the time on the digital clock on the wall shelf, 7:30. I sighed in exhaustion; I should probably get ready for school. As I turned to make my way towards the bathroom, I yelped as I saw Lola sleeping next to me, not actually in the covers.

I stared at her in shock, my body stiffened in fright as if I were locked in a cage with a hungry tiger. She was in the same outfit she had on yesterday, except her hair was a little out of place, and her makeup was a little smeared.

"Lola?" I called out hesitantly, my foot tapping against her back. She had then moaned as she woke up instantly and started stretching, scratching her back afterwards as she sat up. She pursed her lips and looked around, scrutinizing her surroundings. I stayed in place, puzzled.

"Mm...Kresten....put me in here...?" She giggled, dropping back onto the bed as she gazed into the air. I raised an eyebrow, concerned.

"So...um...how-how was last night?" I stammered, hoping she was still drunk enough to not remember that I interrupted their privacy. She burped and started laughing after she concluded it, pushing her back against the bed frame.

"It was...perfect." She said lazily, her eyes more closed than open.

I gave a brief stare and got out of bed, I know she's a little drunk from last night, but her hangover will have an effect on her later. Right now, I can't be bothered by that! I have to get ready for school. I kicked my way out of the bed sheets, careful to not awake her again as I realized that she went back to sleep. I went into the bathroom and turned the water on, so I could get ready to brush my teeth.

Shortly afterwards, I tip toed to the closet, careful to not wake up Lola. I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans, gray converse, and a gray hoodie as an outfit for today. After I did my hair and daily makeup, I grabbed my cell phone and book bag as I went downstairs and out the door, the wind colliding in with me.

I looked around as the bottom tip of my high ponytail brushed on my back softly, kind of ticking me. After a few minutes, I managed to make it to school, and I decided the first thing I would do would be to go to my locker.

As I was slowly looking at everything in it, kind of missing the order of my books and binders, I noticed Brandon walking by, and I stared in shock as he walked passed me like I was a ghost of some sort. I wrinkled my eyebrows and stuffed my class books in my book bag, shutting my locker with a thud and walking after him.

"Hey, Brandon." I called out, tugging on his arm. As he turned to me, the first thing I noticed, were of course his green eyes. His beautiful...wonderful...green eyes. Oh, I've been missing on a lot at school yesterday! "Hi. Um, how are you?" I clutched the books that I could fit into my bag onto my chest securely.

"Um, good..." His voice trailed off as he carefully observed me. I stood in silence, watching him as he did.

He had then opened his mouth as soon as his eyes met with my eyes once more, "Um, Heather, I'm really sor-"

"Oh, say no more. I totally understand. It's not your fault, I guess I kind of over reacted that day, I should be saying sorry to you." I threw on a cheesy smile, I knew I was totally sucking up to him, but I really wanted for things to be back in motion between the two of us.

"Um, actually, I wasn't going to say that. I was going to apologize about what your mom did to you," He claimed, he had a sympathetic face expression.

I knitted my eyebrows together, confused. Suddenly as I gazed at him in shock, everyone's attention had been focused on me, and soft whispers started floating everywhere in the hallway, from a mouth to an ear. How did people know? Who told? As we continued to not break our gaze, someone had tapped me on the shoulder. I turned away from Brandon for a short second to see who it was, and it was the school's shrink. I blinked repeatedly as she examined me.