Chapter 17

He cocked an eyebrow and smiled lightly as I blushed nervously. "Long time, no talk," He confirmed awkwardly, looking me in the eyes. I settled my gaze on him so perfectly; it was hard to break it.

"Well, yeah. Only because you said you couldn't be around someone like me." I replied, rubbing my arm. I had then looked down at his hands to see him with baseball equipment. "You play baseball?" I formed a curious look, and he nodded.

"Yep, I'm a pro at it." He bragged. I nodded with a smile, examining him up and down. I tried hard to turn away, but I must say, he looks good in uniform.

"Uh...so, how was your birthday party?" I questioned with a smile, my eyes fiddling with his, I could tell he was getting distracted by my flirtatious voice tone and smiles.

He blinked twice before replying, "Oh, um, it was...fun. It was very, great."

I exchanged a smile as it grew silent once more.

"Though, it probably would've been more interesting if you had shown up." His face had then softened into a sad looking smile, and he started messing with his baseball bat that was hanging out of his baseball bag.

My face had gone alarmed, and my body stiffened.

"Um, Heather, I'm sorry about the argument we had a few weeks back. It's my fault, if you really enjoy someone being around you, you shouldn't neglect it all because of their background." He stated softly, looking down at his hands.

His green eyes twinkled in the sun, and he looked so beautiful.

"All this time, I've been trying to forget you but...I couldn't. I beat myself up verbally ever since I saw you take off from me." He said, his cheeks turning red.

I chuckled instantly with disbelief, "You're a popular here. Why would it matter to you if I was a friend?" I questioned, putting my under the other, forming a pretzel.

"That stuff doesn't matter if the one person you truly care about is not with you, and that would be you." He looked up at me, his eyes settling into mines. I quickly blushed. I couldn't believe this. Brandon cares about me? "I guess I only neglected you because I care that you hurt yourself, and it sickens me to know that you have friends that would actually, have you do those things. I'll never understand that." He took my hands, and I blushed even harder.

As my first thought was to look away, it was too late. His eyes had won me over. I smiled at him as he continued talking, I wasn't even listening.

"Um, dude...?" I heard someone ask. My eyes widened as I moved my head past Brandon to see who it was. And as soon as Brandon turned around to see who it was, it was Michael.

"Oh! Michael." I grew alarmed, snatching my hands out of Brandon's grasp. Mike pursed his lips and cocked an eyebrow, staring directly at Brandon.

"Mm, Brandon." He mumbled, grinning at him quickly as a blank face expression took over it soon enough. My heart thudded then and there, wait, did he just say his name?

"Oh, Michael. It's only you." Brandon's voice had sounded unwelcoming, and I was getting more confused by the second.

"You two know each other?" I let out lamely, feeling partially confused and partially a jackass.

"Mm, we've ran into one another quite a few times." Michael claimed with a shrug. Brandon remained quiet, his eyes focused on Mike.

I gazed at the both of them in shock, "Wait, so-"

I was suddenly interrupted by a tug of my arm, by Michael. "Drop it. Let's just leave." He demanded, and although he was faced forward, and I was being dragged from behind, I could tell he was gritting his teeth, aggravated.