The Blink of an Eye

By StoryTeller96

Heather Haggler, a young but comely fifteen year old faces extreme difficulties shortly after the death of he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 5

166 2 0
By StoryTeller96

My eyes were still closed, but I was half awake. I clenched my fingers to get an idea of where I was, since it was obviously quiet and silent.

"Heather. Heather! Are you awake?" I heard someone hiss in a sharp whisper. I wrinkled my eyebrows and opened my eyes slowly too see Lola in my face. Not close, but close enough for me to jump in a startle.

She giggled and ran her fingers through her hair, her eyes were blood shot red and her hair was a little out of place. I sat up slowly to observe my surroundings; I was in Lola's bedroom, on her bed.

She giggled once more. "You kind of fell asleep a few hours ago. The guys had already left. I've been downstairs the whole time, watching TV while you sat up in my room, sleeping." She informed, breathing out a heavy sigh. Her breath smelled like cheap beer and cigarettes.

I was too sick and disturbed about what I've gotten myself into earlier, that I didn't need to be reminded of it with the smell of it. I backed away.

She looked at me weirdly and laughed, "Uh, yeah. I had...quite a few cans. Um, you should probably get home. It's a Sunday; don't you have holy dinners or something on days like this with your mom and Haley?" She asked. She cocked an eyebrow, waiting for me to reply. But instead of speaking because I knew it'd all come out in a blurred slur, I nodded my head, and burped accidentally.

My fingers clenched my stomach and I started giggling randomly.

She pursed her lips and settled her forest green eyes into mine, "Do you want me to walk you home...? You don't seem to be completely sober yet so-"

"I'm fine." I assured while placing my hand in her face. She remained silent as I scooted off of her bed and stumbled on my feet, standing a little weirdly. I was trying to prove to her that I'm fine, and that clearly wasn't working. I had then stepped out of place and tried to stand straight again, and she smiled, finding my motions a little amusing.

"You're no good. I'm taking you home." She declared, she stood up and shoved me gently out of her room and downstairs, leaving the house so she could take me home safely. Once I got to my house door and Haley opened it, Lola disappeared; I guess she didn't feel like greeting anyone.

I gently shoved Haley out of the way and walked upstairs, not bothering to speak to her. "Hey! Mom is super mad at you! She was looking for you everywhere. You missed Sunday breakfast!" She called out, I could tell from the way she shouting at me that she was irate. But I didn't care. Instead, I continued walking to my room and slammed it shut, careless of my churlish actions towards my little sister.

As soon as my eyes had wandered around to find my bed, I plummeted onto it, closing my eyes as I laid on my back. I felt like I wanted to throw up. I stink, I know my breath stinks, and I assume that my hair probably smells as well. As I was going into a deep thought, it was interrupted by the rude and obnoxious Haley, who slammed my door open.

I sat up and sighed, rubbing my eyes, "Look, Haley. I'm...I'm not in the talking mood so can you just close my door again and leave me alone...?" I questioned weakly.

"No. What happened to you? Why do you smell?" She asked, covering her nose. I sighed, slumping back onto my bed. "Honestly, you stink. Mom's going to make you take a shower. The smell's making me sick." She spat out bitterly, approaching me.

"If Ireally stink so much to you, then why won't you just get out and close the door? Like I asked for you to?" I was barely shouting, but I was also getting annoyed this time.

She can't just come in my room whenever she wants. I politely asked her to leave me alone, and she resisted. "No. Not until you tell me where you went. Anddon't say you was hanging out with Macy, mom called her parents and they're all out of town this weekend." She smirked, probably realizing that she had foliate my lie. I rubbed my forehead, shrugging afterwards. "Now where were you?! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!" She screamed.

I tangled my fingers in my hair, closing my eyes tightly as she continued screaming and yelling at me. As I was getting more impatient and mad, my blood was boiling to the max.

It felt as though I was about to self-destruct like a bomb that no one could defuse. My patience, my control, I felt as though I was losing it. I opened my eyes and sat up quickly, slapping her in the face.

She fell to the ground, stunned.

Her eyes were filled with hurt, and I gasped with fear in my own actions. I could see her tuck her lips in and her eyes moisture up. She stood up slowly and ran out, shutting my door. I stared at it in a complete astonishing mode. Did I just do that? Had I really done that to a ten year old? My sister? The one who was just looking after me, curious of where I went for her benefits and my own safety?

I sighed, instead of chasing after her and apologizing, I think I needed some time to just chill and relax. After all, I must admit, I'm not really myself right now. And she'd probably start yelling at me for slapping her, and I'd probably get more pissed and do worse things to her.

Next time, it probably won't be slapping. I laid back down, closing my eyes. After about twenty minutes of sitting in silence, I opened my eyes again, still feeling a little dizzy and messed up in the head. Though I wanted to make sure that I wasn't at an irate state anymore, I had perfectly known that I wasn't going to slap her. And I was in a well enough condition to be patient with Haley and apologize to her. So within that, I opened my room door and went downstairs quietly.

I looked around for her, until my eyes had spotted her sleeping on the couch, a pillow clutched to her stomach.

I smiled lightly at how beautiful she just slept there, motionless, breathing in and out peacefully. I didn't want to disturb her; I'll just apologize to her later.

I decided to leave her in the house alone and just go for a walk. My head was still aching severely, and my vision was getting a little weird as well. I don't understand, you'd think that the drinks would hold off a phasing effect! Maybe it's because I haven't ate the whole day. Yeah, that's probably it.

I continued meandering around the neighborhood, not sure of why I was doing it. The wind started picking up, shifting and dancing pass me, leaving my hair to reach out to follow it, but couldn't.

As I continued walking, I started to feel even worse. But as stupid and daring as I was, I continued walking, well aware that I wasn't in a perfect enough shape to do that.

* * *

*Brandon's POV*

I sat in my car, driving down a silent and inactive road, on my way home. You would think that people would be busy on weekends. I guess they really wouldn't in a city like this. I had rolled my window down so that I could feel cool air; it felt misty...and peaceful.

I can't really comprehend why I like to hang my head out of the window sometimes, it just feels good. As I was driving, stopping and going after every red and green traffic light, I noticed a girl on the sidewalks, walking as if she was lost. Her eyes were closed as she was stumbling.

I stopped my car, nonchalant about stopping in the middle of the road. No one was driving on this road anyways. Like I said, it's inactive and silent. She looks familiar.

As I studied her, trying to figure out why she was meandering wherever, she had plummeted down onto the cement, collapsing. Within that, my instincts kicked on, and I hurried out of my car and ran over to her, to comfort her.

"Are you okay?" I questioned, panicking. I rolled her over so I could get a better vision of her. And I opened my mouth and shock to see who it was. Heather? That same girl who's very awkward to talk to? The lip pierce girl? I couldn't believe what I've stumbled upon. I shook her on her shoulders gently, and she was clearly knocked out. But why?

I swallowed in fear of what to do with her. As it would be best to take her home, I was oblivious onto where she lives. I guess I could take her to my place, until she's well on her feet, which shouldn't take that long.

I quickly scooped my arm under her back and the other beneath her pair of legs, lifting her up gently. And to my surprise, she's not heavy like I had quickly imagined. The wind was blowing my hair, which was frustrating. I carried her over to my car and placed her in the passenger seat delicately and slammed the door, going to my side of the car and driving off.

As I was driving, I kept glancing at her as she was in sleep mode, her arms in her lap. How did this happen? I questioned in my thoughts, gazing back onto the road. How did she wander out all the way here? I bit my lip, gazing back over at her and observing her up and down.

The smell of her was a bit disturbing. Maybe she was drunk and wandered here. Yeah, that's probably how and why. I continued driving, stopping at the neighborhood sign. I turned in and continued driving, until I got to the cul-de-sac where my house was.

I parked in my driveway and took her out, carrying her in the same position as I did when I took her to my car. I opened my house door, silence welcoming us. My parents were out of town for the time being. I went upstairs slowly and carefully so I wouldn't disturb her peaceful sleep. I went inside my room and laid her on my bed.

I gazed at her as she laid there motionless, I had then abandoned her to go downstairs.

_____________________

Comment, share, and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.3K 2K 79
If you met Maia you'd think of her as the same as anyone you've ever met. The girl on the magazine, and for a while, just for a while she wanted to b...
71.7K 1.7K 45
THIS STORY IS COMPLETED [Daryl Dixon x Grimes!OC] Slow burn relastionship {DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THE WALKING DEAD OR ITS CHARACTERS I ONLY OWN MY...
9.9K 227 21
A/N- I wrote this when I was 11, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! "I wasn't expecting any of this to happen. I thought that I could come back and everything w...
2.5K 50 18
Rose had everything a girl could wish for, she had a loving mom, and best friends who were always by her side and one thing she loved the most is hor...