Hiraeth // draco malfoy

By imapygmypuff

It's been 7 years since the battle at Hogwarts. Life has long resumed for the wizards and witches of Great Br... More

hiraeth [introduction & TW]
PROLOGUE | PART ONE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
EPILOGUE
PREQUEL
PROLOGUE | PART TWO
ONE.2
TWO.2
THREE.2
FOUR.2
FIVE.2
SIX.2
SEVEN.2
EIGHT.2
NINE.2
TEN.2
ELEVEN.2

TWENTY SIX

1K 28 5
By imapygmypuff

dru's got an agenda

Dru sat on the bed across from Fred, holding a bag of ice on his forehead. "I'm so sorry about this." She sighed, apologizing for probably the hundredth time. "I don't even know what happened." He eyed her, not being able to give her the answers she so desperately craved.

"It's alright, I promise." He told her with a smile.

"Say, can't you just like, use some spell and heal the bump on your head?" She questioned.

"I could. But then you wouldn't be here mending my wounds, now would you?" He laughed, finally getting a smile out of her. It grew quiet, and he could tell exactly where her thoughts were. "You're seeing Malfoy today, right?" He asked, wishing she wouldn't.

"Hermione's agreed to take me. I'm just waiting on her to tell me when." Dru was eager to see him, and Fred noticed that.

"Just, be safe, okay? I know you have this thing with him, but please try to keep in mind all that we've said." He begged her, placing his hand on top of hers. She looked at it, realizing he was hurt that she could want to see someone who has actively killed many people, including their friends.

"I know. I just want some answers." She somewhat lied. Yes, she wanted answers, but she also just really wanted to see him again. Make sure he was alright. And maybe somehow get him out, but that seemed unrealistic. Highly trained witches and wizards against one girl who couldn't even float a feather? It was an unattainable goal, to say the least.

"Well, I'll see you when you get back." He smiled at her, she smiled back.

"Dru," a voice interrupted them, and Dru's attention shifted to Hermione in the doorway, "you ready?" She asked, hesitantly. Hermione was nervous, and she wasn't very good at hiding it. Dru looked to Fred with a smile and then stood up with a nod.

"See ya, Fred." She said to him and he gave a wave. Hermione and her began to walk out. Hermione was not looking forward to this whole endeavor, whatsoever. Ron hadn't been around, as he was at one of their other bases doing his monthly duties of ensuring everything was in order. She knew that had he been here, he would have put a stop to this whole thing immediately. She briefly thought back to the child Ron once was and how innocent he seemed. He, along with his sister, had become very cold and distant people now. Fred was the only one who remained somewhat the same, but the loss the Weasley siblings had experienced, took a harsh toll on them all. And now, Ron was the stern one who brought her back down to reality. Her optimism was often squashed by his realistic thinking.

"Okay, so when we arrive, keep quiet until we are indoors. Once we get inside, try not to do what you like to do where you say some sarcastic comment to reflect. This is a very strict facility and they don't stand for jokes and humor." Hermione told Dru.

"I do that?" Dru asked, sarcastically. Hermione gave her a look. "Right. Sorry."

"When you enter the main room, you'll be searched. After being cleared, they'll take you into the holding cell. I'll be right behind you. I'll have to accompany you for the simple fact that—,"

"You don't trust me." Dru interrupted. "I get it. It's fine. I'm just thankful you're letting me talk to him." Dru smiled.

"Alright, grab my arm." Hermione insisted, and Dru did. They apparated away from the safe house and found themselves in a large clearing in a meadow. She still hadn't gotten used to this feeling, as she took a second to catch her breath. "Follow me." Hermione insisted, but Dru felt sick, pointing her index finger at her and trying to not throw up.

"Sorry. Does that ever get easier?" Dru asked, leveling herself and following Hermione through the meadow.

"Eventually." Hermione laughed, as they reached a large tree stump. Taking her wand, she tapped the middle of it 6 times in a rhythmic pattern, and suddenly, it opened. "Go in." She instructed. Dru lifted herself into the hole, sliding down for a few seconds before reaching a hallway. Hermione emerged just after.

"You guys are really good at being secretive." Dru acknowledged, brushing herself off.

"You try being on the run for years from an all powerful dark lord. You'd get secretive too." Hermione now led the way, doing the same pattern, which opened the door. The two were led down another hallway and to a second door. Hermione knocked.

"What would you like to order?" A voice asked, in code.

"Pygmypuff." Hermione responded and the door opened. Dru was faced with several guards, holding their wands to their chests and staring straight ahead at the wall. A door to the left opened and Ginny emerged from it.

"You're here." She sounded relieved.

"Everything alright?" Hermione asked, Dru was trying her hardest to hear their whispers to one another.

"He won't calm down. Wont eat. Wont talk. Only thing he wants is her." Ginny eyed Dru. "And if he says one more thing about my family, I swear to the god's I'm going to—"

"Well, I guess it's good she's here now." Hermione interrupted in response. Ginny turned to Dru, emotionless. Two of the guards pat her down, and waved a wand over her body to ensure she had nothing hidden that could be given to Draco to escape.

"She's clean." The older man said. Ginny nodded.

"Very well, Hermione, he's all yours." Ginny didn't removed her eyes from Dru. She couldn't comprehend how Dru could not have her memories and still feel something for the murderer just in the other room, but some things aren't worth trying to make sense of.

Hermione led Dru through the door straight ahead. Dru peered around the empty white room, as the door closed behind them and she immediately noticed the man in the chair, head hanging in a sort of sleep deprived, delusional kind of way. "Draco!" Dru exclaimed, rushing over to him, and placing his face in her hands. But his eyes wouldn't open. His hair was disheveled and he looked like he hadn't eaten in days— which he in fact, had not. "Draco, look at me." She begged and he let out a groan.

"O—Ophelia?" He muttered. It hurt hearing him say another name, even if it actually was hers. She just didn't like it. Everyone spoke of her behind her back as Ophelia, and she still had no idea who that was because she didn't feel like Ophelia.

"It's Dru, Draco." She insisted, trying to get him to look at her. And he finally did. His eyes met with hers and a weak smile appeared on his face.

"Dru." He breathed. "You're here?" He asked, finally coming to his senses.

"I'm here, Draco." She smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging tightly.

"Are you okay? Have they hurt you?" He asked, feeling angry but happy all at once.

"I'm okay. I haven't been hurt, I promise."

"I'm so sorry you had to find out all of this, this way. I promise you, I had no idea." He told her as she went back to looking at him.

"How did you find out?" She asked him.

"My aunt. Andromeda. You knew her as Annie." He inhaled, trying to conjure up the energy for conversation. "She gave me this potion that'd help me remember all my missing memories and I saw you. In every one of them. You and I, we've practically been together since we were eleven. Ironic, isn't it?" He laughed at himself, spitting out some of the blood that had pooled in his mouth.

"Do you have that potion, Draco?" She asked him, desperately wanting to remember. But he shook his head.

"I lost it when these fucking savages captured us!" He shouted toward Hermione, who rolled her eyes away.

"'Us?' Wait, do they have—?" She realized it wasn't just Blaise and Draco here, but had to have been all four of them. Of course, why wouldn't it be?

"The others? You bet they do. But clearly that's another thing they've just hidden from you." He spat at Hermione, who shot a wicked death glare at him.

"Watch it, Malfoy." Hermione snapped, both shooting daggers at one another with just a simple look.

"Hermione, you need to release them." Dru stood in their defense, walking toward her.

"Dru, you are in no position to request things." Hermione scoffed in response.

"You can't just hold them prisoner like this!" Dru insisted. "They are people!"

"We had a deal." Hermione scolded her like an angry mother. "And you know who else were people? Neville Longbottom, George Weasley, Molly and Arthur Weasley. Lavender Brown. Harry Potter. Those were people! Those were good, kind people who tried to fight to end this madness, and these people that you seem to care so much for, are partially responsible for their deaths. Their blood is on his hands." She eyed Draco, cautiously.

"I understand that, Hermione, but they didn't want to do what they've had to. If you just release them, they can come back with us! They'll fight for you, I'm sure of it!" Dru shouted at her. "You can't keep them locked up here like you've been doing to me!"

"They've been keeping you locked up?" Draco was fuming, vengeance in his eyes and voice. "I'll kill you, every last one of you!" He spat at Hermione.

"Draco! That is not helping!" Dru sneered at him, before turning back to Hermione. "Let them out. They will help us. Please, I know they will!"

"You can't be sure of that. They are evil people, Dru and you've just been brainwashed and lied to by all of them!" Hermione grew defensive. She couldn't believe how stupid this girl was being. Ophelia and Draco were one thing, but this Draco, was much worse than at school.

"Say, Granger," Draco spoke up with a cough, "have you told her about her powers yet? Or you waiting until it benefits you?" Draco smirked, staring over at them.

"What?" Dru asked, confused. "What powers?" She stared at Hermione, brows furrowed and feeling her face grow stiff.

"He's manipulating you, Dru! He wants you on his side so he's doing all he can to twist things around!" She snapped.

"What is he talking about, Hermione?" Dru questioned, and Hermione became uncomfortable. "Hermione, tell me right now what he's talking about or I'll figure out a way to get him out of here myself!"

"Go on, Granger. I don't think you want her to get angry, since you know what could happen." Draco continued on and Dru's head was beginning to hurt.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Hermione shifted, awkwardly, crossing her arms in front of her chest with a huff. Dru stared at her, and as Hermione's eyes drifted to the floor, she realized that she was the one who was lying. Draco smirked wickedly at this.

"Yeah? Hey, Dru, want to know why the PA wants you with them so badly?" Draco began, and Hermione finally felt the urge to speak up about it, face going red, but the words wouldn't escape her lips. "Because trust me, it's not just because they care about you or want to protect you." Hermione was speechless, feeling naive for not expecting this outcome. "What, Granger? Cat got your tongue? You seemed to have a lot to say when it comes to speaking on my behalf. If you want, I can do the honors. Save you any more of that precious mudblood breath of yours."

"Okay!" Hermione shouted at them both, and Draco went quiet. "Bloody hell." She muttered, before looking to Dru. "Dru, there's something we have kept hidden from you. Only for your safety, but you do have a right to know. And I guess I can't keep hiding it from you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 9.9K 29
After the war, Draco Malfoy finds himself without a purpose to live. Gone is his family's standing in society, it's reputation and the benefits that...
335K 14.5K 54
After the Second Wizarding War, Malfoy found himself alienated from the majority of the school; his old friends just irritated him, all of Hogwarts'...
598 29 10
Y/N is so excited to return to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for her second year, but when the time finally comes, tragedy hits the scho...
85.1K 2.8K 33
Anger, revenge, and misery overtake Draco Malfoy ever since he is bitten and turned into a werewolf. After vowing to end the cruel and vicious Werewo...