British Bird - Complete

By BelindaPeters-Waine

British Bird After being removed from her parents care at the age of six, Sang experienced foster care after... More

Coming 1st October
British Bird - Chapter One
British Bird - Chapter Two
British Bird - Chapter Three
British Bird - Chapter Four
British Bird - Chapter Five
British Bird - Chapter Six
British Bird - Chapter Seven
British Bird - Chapter Eight
British Bird - Chapter Nine
British Bird - Chapter Ten
British Bird - Chapter Eleven
British Bird - Chapter Twelve
British Bird - Chapter Thirteen
British Bird - Chapter Fourteen
British Bird - Chapter Fifteen
British Bird - Chapter Sixteen
British Bird - Chapter Seventeen
British Bird - Chapter Eighteen
British Bird - Chapter Nineteen
British Bird - Chapter Twenty
British Bird - Chapter Twenty One
British Bird - Chapter Twenty Two
British Bird - Chapter Twenty Three
British Bird - Chapter Twenty Four
British Bird - Chapter Twenty Five.
British Bird - Chapter Twenty Six
British Bird - Chapter Twenty Seven
British Bird - Chapter Twenty Eight
British Bird - Chapter Twenty Nine
British Bird - Chapter Thirty
British Bird - Chapter Thirty One
British Bird - Chapter Thirty Two
British Bird - Chapter Thirty Three
British Bird - Chapter Thirty Four
British Bird - Chapter Thirty Five
British Bird - Chapter Thirty Six
British Bird - Chapter Thirty Seven
British Bird - Chapter Thirty Eight
British Bird - Chapter Thirty Nine
British Bird - Chapter Forty
Thank you!
British Bird - Chapter Forty One
British Bird - Chapter Forty Two
British Bird - Chapter Forty Three
British Bird - Chapter Forty Four
British Bird - Chapter Forty Six
British Bird - Chapter Forty Seven
British Bird - Chapter Forty Eight
British Bird - Chapter Forty Nine
British Bird - Chapter Fifty
British Bird - Chapter Fifty One
British Bird - Epilogue
I just want to say...
British Bird - Bonus Chapter

British Bird - Chapter Forty Five

1.7K 141 26
By BelindaPeters-Waine

British Bird
Chapter Forty Five
Sang

My heart is racing and my palms are sweaty as I pull my suitcase behind me, following the signs to find my way out of the airport. Evie is pushing Ruby in her pushchair, Aaron and Wes are both pulling two suitcases each. The long twelve hour flight has left me feeling dirty. I'm also incredibly tired. I didn't manage a wink of sleep, too anxious and nervous to shut my thoughts down enough.

The two weeks have been a whirlwind of getting everything sorted. Michelle's superior managed to get me the release I needed. I will have to return to London at some point in the new year to get it all officially finalised by the courts, but was in the meantime granted permission to leave the country after giving over proof that I have everything in place to support myself.

The day before my flight, I had to go to court as a witness for what Michelle had done to me and the way she went around things. It was a super long day, but by the end of it Michelle was found guilty and sentenced to five years in prison. With my father, Marie and Mr. Parker it gets a little more complicated. It's hard to work out whose idea it all was. Their court hearing won't be yet, but for the meantime Marie and Mr. Parker is on bail and both have a tag cuff. They're also not allowed within a hundred feet of me thanks to a restraining order the courts granted. Their due in court in a couple of weeks, but after what the judged saw of me a few days ago, she feels she's happy enough to prosecute without me getting up on the stand.

It also helped that Mrs. Parker went to the police and made her own statement, telling Officer Knight all the things Mr. Parker, Michelle and my father had planned. Mrs. Parker disowned Marie, filed for a divorce and moved out of the house the following day. I feel sorry for her, but hope she can get the help she needs to get through this.

I heave a sigh, finally making my way outside. I can't help but look up at the sky. The air is slightly chilled, not as cold as London though. The sky is blue and the sun shines, warming my face.

"Holy crap, we're here," Evie mutters as she comes to a stop beside me. "You're here," she whispers, looking over at me. I can't help but meet her gaze and nod my head, my eyes burning with tears. "You're home."

"Almost. Almost there." I pulled out my notepad from my bag, finding the details for the car we hired after Evie let me know that Aaron was happy to drive on the opposite side of the road. He had to do an online crash course or something to be able to do it, but otherwise said he didn't mind doing the drive to Summerville.

I pull out the printed paper, handing them over to Aaron. "You have to go up there, show them this and your license, plus the certificate from that course." I point to a building a little up the way, just a few minutes walk, right next door to the airport.

"Don't worry, Sang. I've got this." Aaron sends me a smile, taking the paper from my hands and then he's off.

I let out a breath, pleased that Aaron and Wes got the permission to relocate. They're excited and have told Evie that they'll find a place to live as soon as possible. She said she wasn't worried, but she also didn't see the long glance Wes sent her way, it was almost like he was in pained. Yet, she didn't notice. It was almost like the thought of living with her permanently hurt him.

"I'm just gonna take Ruby to the toilets so I can change her nappy and outfit. I'll be back." Before Wes and I have a chance to reply, she's turning around and heading back inside the airport.

"Are you not going to go with her?" I ask Wes, finding him sitting on a suitcase, dressed casually in light blue jeans, a white t-shirt and a zip up jacket.

He shakes his head. "No, she's a big girl. Besides, that shit irritates her."

He grins and I return it with one of my own before asking, "Are you ever going to tell her you're in love with her?" I don't know where my boldness came from, but I'm curious. I've just spent the last twenty four hours with them; there's so many signs; the secret smiles, the subtle touches, the long looks. I don't think Evie realises that she's in love with them too.

Wes narrows his dark green eyes at me. "I don't mean to be rude when I say this, Sang. You're a nice girl, and I like you. I also thank you for all you've done for Evie, this move being one she desperately needed. She and Ruby need a fresh start. But please, keep those damn thoughts to yourself."

I look away from him, taking in the line of cars coming into the airport, seeing a few of them pull over, people either climbing into them or getting out. "I'm sorry. It's just so obvious."

He scoffs. "Clearly not obvious enough." Shaking his head, he stands up and takes a step closer to me. "Ruben was her world, until one day, he wasn't there anymore, yet she still loves him, more than what she once did. Alive or dead, that beautiful girl will love Ruben for the rest of her life. No one will ever compare."

"It's possible to love more than one person," I whisper, my eyes focused on him. "Believe me, I know."

"I do believe you, Sang. But, it's pretty obvious that I can't compete with a dead guy."

"She'll realise one day."

"Maybe, maybe not. Until then, I'll just be her friend and take what she's willing to give me." Our eyes remain locked, both of us processing what the other is saying. "Give us," he murmurs before stepping away from me just as Aaron returns carrying a set of keys in his hand.

Aaron looks between us, eyes narrowing. "What's going on?"

"Nothing." Wes and I glance at each other, both of us saying the same thing in return to Aaron's question. "Let's go get the car and pick the girls up from here. Evie is changing Ruby's nappy."

Wes leads Aaron away, following the signs to the car parking area. Their heads bend close together and Aaron shoots me a look over his shoulder before they disappear around a corner.

xXx

With the address in the satnav, we hit the motorway - highway, as Americans call it - and head towards Summerville. Ruby sleeps in the car seat Evie travelled with in the back. I offered Wes the passenger seat, but he insisted on sitting in the back with Evie and Ruby. I had to fight the urge to close my eyes as Aaron nervously got us on the road and heading towards our destination.

The drive doesn't take long and is mostly silent. The moment I realise we're about to turn on to Sunnyvale, my eyes go to the church. "Slow down, Aaron," I murmured. He does without saying anything in return.

A sign on the front is lit up with 'Bob's Diner'. Christmas lights are strung Across the top of the building and around the door. The brick work is painted a light shade of blue, the doors white. A cross is above the lit up sign, showing what it used to be. Trees surround it and the parking area, which is full of cars.

One car catch my attention and before I know what I'm doing, I unbuckle my seat belt and Aaron is slamming his foot down on the break, stopping the slow crawl of the car. I slam the door behind me, running across the street and through the opening of the trees, eyes locked on the grey BMW. Owen's car. Is he here? Or did one of the other guys use it?

Laughter catches my attention, coming from around the side of the building. I follow the sound, my heart soaring and coming to life in my chest, almost taking my breath away. The gravel crunches under my feet as I start a fast walk, rounding the building and coming to a stop.

No one knew I was coming. Corey and Axel both texted and emailed. They even tried to get Evie to tell them when we were getting on a plane but I asked her to not answer, just in case for any reason we had to delay. No one is expecting me.

Yet, they're all here, and in the same place. Including Axel and his team, Dr. Roberts, the Anderson's. They're all here.

So I stand silently and watch them. They're playing some type of Rugby, or maybe it's the American football I know nothing about. They're shouting, but the buzzing in my ears is making it hard to make out the words. I can't work out exactly who is playing and who is not, because the world suddenly starts spinning. I wobble on my feet, but a hand wrapping around my bicep keeps me steady. "Breathe, Sang," Evie whispers. "Welcome home."

I take a deep breath. My eyes meet a pair of brown ones. Wide. Disbelieving. Her mouth drops open. The glass she was holding falls and shatters at her feet. The sound gains everyone's attention. They stare at her, confused. Cara's face splits into a smile.

Johnny follows her line of sight. His eyes land on me. He drops to his knees. His hand goes to his chest.

I don't even register that I'm moving. My feet have a mind of their own and before I can take a full breath, my arms are going around the waist of the only person I've ever considered to be my mother. Her arms come around me, squeezing me tight. She sobs. I sob. I bury my face into her shoulder, dig my fingers into her back.

"Oh. My girl. My girl," she whispers. "You're here. You're really here."

"Jesus fucking Christ," I hear Gabriel shout.

"My heart can't take this." I'm not sure who said that.

"Johnny, get the fuck up and go hug yours girls." That comes from Uncle. I would recognise his deep rumble anywhere.

Suddenly, two large arms are coming around both myself and Cara. A head comes close to mine and I twist my neck, bringing my face out of her shoulder, meeting Johnny's tear stained eyes. "Hi," I whisper, sobbing right after as I pull my arms from around Cara's back, wrapping them around Johnny's shoulders, hiding my face once more and inhaling the scent that is all Johnny.

"Hey back," he cries into my ear. I feel him pull Cara closer to us, holding his both close.

I don't know how long we stand there, maybe only a few minutes, but the space is quiet. All I can hear is the rustling of the trees in the gentle breeze and heavy breathing. I pull away and immediately take their hands in my own. "I'm sorry," I whisper. "I'm sorry I didn't come back with the boys. I'm sorry I left you all waiting and wondering. But...I don't know. There's no excuse."

"You're here now, that's all I care about," Cara murmurs, taking my face into her hands. "My lord, you are beautiful."

My cheeks heat but I fight off my embarrassment.

"You best say hello to those boys, before they steal you away from us," Johnny rumbles. I smile at him and nod, hesitantly turning around and finding my boys standing right behind us. Any closer, and they would have been joining in with the hug I had with Johnny and Cara.

Owen is the first to scoop me up and into his arms, lifting my feet of the floor. My legs wrap around his waist as a hand comes to my face and Owen hides his in my turned neck. My eyes meet baby blues, wet with tears. Gabriel kisses my cheek, takes my hand and places it on his own cheek. "Took you fucking long enough."

I can't help it, I laugh, bringing her face close to mine, our foreheads meeting. I close my eyes and savour the moment, pressing a kiss to his nose before I pull away.

I drop my feet. The moment I'm on the ground, I'm being scooped up again and spun around. I hold on to Luke's shoulders as I smile wide, wrapping my arms around him once he's come to a stop. A body presses in to my back and I turn my face, nuzzling into Nathan's stubble. Luke showers my cheek in kisses as Nathan presses one to my forehead, neither boy saying a word before they release me.

Silas is quick to swoop in. He picks me up and encourages my legs to go around his waist with a tap. His arm, thick with muscle, cocoons me into a bear hug. I sigh, feeling my happiness swell bigger and bigger with each hug I get. "Aggele," he sighs.

"Hi Silas," I croak, my tears still coming in a steady stream down my cheeks.

He puts me down and onto my feet, sending a wink before turning me and straight into the arms of Victor. Much like the others, he wraps me into his arms. A body once again is pressing into my back. "One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine." Kota pauses, dropping his face into my shoulder as he breathes, "Ten," out with a heavy sigh. He presses a kiss to the sensitive flesh before pulling away.

Victor presses a kiss to my cheek before passing me over to the good doctor. Sean takes my hand in his, placing it on his chest. "You have this ability to break my heart and then fix it all over again."

My lip trembles. "I didn't mean to break it."

A tear slides down his cheek after he blinks. My free hand rises, my thumb swiping the tear away. "Never been so thankful for something my whole life. Welcome home, Pookie." With that he pulls me into a tight hug, which I can only return, one hand still holding his hand around my back, the other still resting on his cheek. A kiss to my temple and he's releasing me.

North stands a few feet away, hands in his pockets, posture stiff as he watches me carefully. I take a step towards him and his shoulders straighten. "I'm sorry, North."

"Forgiveness over permission."

"Forgiveness," I confirm. "That's all I'm asking for."

He shakes his head, gazing up at the sky for a short second before focusing those dark eyes back on me. "Baby, I forgave you the moment you told us to leave."

He opens his arms and I launch myself into them, wrapping my legs around his waist and clinging to him like my life depends on it.

"Thank you for coming home, Sang Baby."

xXx

I wasn't joking when I said everyone was here. Kota's Mum and sister, Silas's dad, Uncle, Axel and his guys. The Anderson Family and Dr. Roberts. A few other faces too, I remembered, but couldn't remember the names off. I greeted everyone, got told off by Axel for not letting him know I was coming and greeted by Uncle with the biggest hug and rumble. "About damn time," he had said.

I introduced Evie, Aaron, Wes and Ruby to everyone. All four of them had stood to the side and watched my reunion, Evie crying all the tears of complete joy. I think between us, we cried enough for a river.

Turns out, it's thanksgiving. We're lead inside the diner and I'm completely amazed by what I see. The place is decorated in beautiful gold, silver and red tones, and food is spread out along the two long tables. Apparently we arrived right on time. They were just having a game of American football before serving dinner.

"We desperately need to talk and catch up on all that has happened," Cara says, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "But for now, let's enjoy this. Let's be with our family, all of us being thankful that you're home, here and joining us through these celebrations."

So that's what we did. I spent the afternoon with my family enjoying lovely food. Laughter was spread, smiles were wide and photos were taken on phones. The shower I so desperately wanted after I got off the plane was forgotten. The need for sleep was pushed away.

Evie and Cara immediately hit it off, they were laughing together over the most ridiculous things by the time we had finished eating. Aaron and Wes chatted with my guys and the guys from the Toma team, immediately slotting themselves nicely into the family. Ruby took a liking to Jessica and Erica and sat mostly with them throughout the afternoon.

We all helped to wash up, and put the tables back to where they belong before Luke, Gabriel, Sean and Owen made everyone hot chocolates behind the counter.

That night, Cara and Johnny took me to their grey house on Sunnyvale court. Corey gave Evie the keys to Nathan's old house, which is now hers, before they went to their new home. I promised I would come and see them tomorrow.

It was painfully obvious the boys wanted to stay with me, and honestly, I wanted them to stay with me too but I needed some time with Johnny and Cara first. They, too, promised they would come and see me the next day.

I fell asleep in a bed that wasn't my own. I'm pretty sure I slept with a smile on my face all night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 1.1K 62
A young girl named Sang Sorenson has had a rough life. Since she was very little, all she can remember is pain and suffering. She does not really rem...
11.1K 784 6
C.L. Stone Fanfiction of the Ghost Bird series. ~.~.~.~ Summer Break is just starting after they survived a whole year at Ashley Waters. Then, the bo...
53.2K 4.2K 19
Sang's been adopted into her best friends family, and in an attempt to help Sang move on and get a fresh start from the horrors that were her past, t...
20.5K 1.6K 30
When the world changes overnight, and Sang finds herself separated from the nine boys she loves, how can she survive until they are all reunited? I'...