Burning Darkness [ Under Heav...

By KuroDaGAWD

*Chapters 1-8 has been revised and in some areas rewritten* In a world apart from ours, a hidden land that ha... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Aurhor's Note
Chapter 4.5
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Final Chapter

Chapter 12

48 1 0
By KuroDaGAWD

"Rachel don't do it" Devonte said. "You don't know what she's capable of" I added. Rachel didn't make eye contact with anyone other than her enemy.

"Let's find out" Rachel said. We couldn't do anything but sit back and watch.

"I have a name by the way. Yeah it's Emma, just thought I should clear that up before we fight" she said.

Emma raised her arms up, and every corner was blocked with a rock wall.

She made a fighting arena out the intersection. "Rachel there's no reason to fight her. She's irrelevant, we're wasting our time here" said Devonte.

Emma put her hand on her chest as if she was being framed. "Do you guys know where to find him?"

Devonte choked on whatever he was about to say. "How about....if you win I will tell you anything you want to know. If you lose then good luck cause this library is useless" she said.

"You're lying, you don't know where he is either" I said."This might be a trap."

She laughed and wiped an imaginary tear from under her eye. "Same old Devin. Would I follow you here for nothing?

That'll be wasting the time I don't have" she said.

I hope Rachel knows what she's doing.

Rachel turned to us and nodded. "Are we gonna do this or what?!" "It's your call" Rachel responded.

The girl stomped on the ground and a slab of stone levitated. She then launched it towards Rachel.

Rachel sprung into the air avoiding the stone, but the girl predicted that very well. She was already in the air readying up a kick.

It made contact with Rachel's hand near her face as it was blocked. With her foot in hand, Rachel used her momentum to throw her towards the ground.

She crashed to the pavement on her feet with a loud crackling sound.
As Rachel was falling, Emma took the opportunity to attack.

She kicked two tire sized rocks at Rachel. One them was redirected, but the second one scored a hit in Rachel's stomach.

Luckily she wasn't that high in the air or that fall would've been nasty, Rachel still fell on her side pretty hard.

"Come on princess, is that all you got!"

Rachel got up with a struggle, but as soon as she did, BOOM! Another rock slammed into her shoulder, causing her to spin onto the ground.

Devonte made a ssss noise as he had one eye open. Rachel coughed and forced herself up and fell again

I ran by her side to aid her. "Rachel you can quit now, it's alright" I whispered. She got on one knee and grabbed her shoulder. "Come on let's-"

Rachel weakly pushed me back. "No" she said. "Devin don't, I can do this. Its my fight ok." I heard the desperation and tears in her voice.

"Go." I tried to ignore her order and carry her out, but she fought back. "STOP."

I froze and stared at her for a few seconds. She's already injured her shoulder, but she's so determined to keep going.

I put my head down and sighed. "Ok." I looked at Emma and stood next to Devonte.

Rachel got up once more. Emma pulled out a band and put her hair in a ponytail, and put on green gloves.

Rachel kicked a barrage of wind blades at her. Emma went underground barely avoiding the attack.

The wind was so strong it made contact with a steel lightpole and knocked it over. The bulb shattered as it hit the ground.

Meanwhile Rachel was looking for the surprise attack. Emma appeared directly in front her and came with a right hook.

Rachel ducked and threw a right hook of her own. Emma weaved it and landed a hard left.

Rachel went for a leg sweep, but Emma was too fast. She jumped and round house kicked Rachel straight to the jaw, knocking her on the ground again.

Emma went for a ground and pound as she turned Rachel on her back and mounted her.

She threw a quick jab that stunned Rachel. A little splatter of blood flew to the right then the left.

Rachel avoided another hit and flipped Emma over her head onto her back.

Rachel did front flip, coming down with a kick. Emma let out a sqeal and rolled over to the side.

She then boosted herself up using the earth. Rachel rushed her with another kick. Emma rolled and launched another rock that crashed into Rachel's side.

Once again, she hit the ground. Emma cartwheeled back and looked at the cut on her shoulder.

"Oh my god, that's gotta hurt" Devonte said. "We should step in man shes getting destroyed out there."

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't. Rachel was trying to prove something.

Emma smiled. Rachel's arms were wiggling as she pushed herself up. She barely stood as she clutched her side, while wiping the blood from her mouth.

She spat some on the ground, while huffing and puffing. Her vortex was swirling under her very lightly.

She ran towards Emma, one hand into a fist and the other grabbing her side.

She was faster, but still very weak. "Ok, lets wrap this up" Emma said. She stomped on the ground and a rock tripped up Rachel.

Just as she was about to face plant, Rachel was shot into the air by a small pillar that went into her stomach.

Emma did her famous launch pad, and jumped towards Rachel's helpless body.

She grabbed her legs, and threw her into the ground. BOOM! Her back hit the pavement, enveloped in a cloud of dust.

She was out like a light.

We ran to her and held her by her head. Emma landed on the ground and took off her gloves.

"That was not a spar" I said. "You could've stopped it at anytime" said Emma.

"I know....." "She's tough, but being tough isn't what makes a great elementist."

Devonte fanned her with his hands, but that wasnt much help. "Devin can I talk to you for a sec."

I didn't want to leave from Rachel's side. I felt terrible, just watching her get beat up like that.

"Please." I looked back at her and nodded. We stepped away from them.

"Don't worry she's fine, when she wakes up, have her eat this." Emma handed over....a candy bar, with a green wrapper that read HB.

"Chocolate? How is this gonna heal her."

"Its not the chocolate the normal people eat. Its one of Sky's best medicines.

Its heals cuts in minutes and broken limbs in a couple of hours, its expensive and kinda hard to come by.

She handed me another one. "You're welcome" she said.

"Is that all?"

"No, you still don't know where to find Cade" she said. She put her hands in the air and grunted as she lowered them, removing the blocked walls.

I scratched my head. "How do you know where he is? How did you know we were looking for him and how do you KNOW ME?"

"I know what you can do and I know you will make the right choice in the end" she said.

"I don't even know what that mean."

"Ok forget it, but Cade has secret a cave where he plans out all his dirty work. He uses it, so the council won't suspect anything.

"Ok, but where do we find it?" "Its located beneath the middle of the Dark and Earth Division" she said.

She read my face. "I know this, because my mom is the Empress of Earth."

My jaw dropped and Emma closed it for me. I looked behind me, Rachel was still unconscious.

"So the Emp of Dark and Earth are working together and you're their lieutenant?" I lowered my voice so Devonte wouldn't pick up on the conversation.

"Kinda, not really, I don't know."
"Either you are or you aren't."

"Its complicated you can't just disobey the Emp, two of them at that."

I let out hard breath of frustration.

"We'll just go once Rachel wakes up." I turned around, and she grabbed my arm.

"It's not that simple. First you have to get injections from the transport system of the central that allows you to go into other divisions.

Then you, your brother, and Rachel have to get injected from each of your element's division. Don't ask me, that's just how things work around here.

Once you enter the Earth division, I'll be waiting, to lead you to Cade. Got it?"

That didn't sound like much danger or anything out of the ordinary. Maybe along the way we'll pick up a thing or two.

"Yeah I think so." "Good. Now you might get to the Earth Division without any problems or you might have to fight your way.

Most likely you will have to fight, but as long as they are with you... you'll live."

"We'll be there" I said. I turned around. "Oh and Devin"

I wanted to keep walking, but I turned around and was caught in a hug.

Her skin was warm and her heart was beating fast. "Be careful." She released me from the hug and went underground.

I stood still. That hug felt...good, it felt familiar. "Devin I could use some help" Devonte said.

I jogged over to Rachel and helped pick her up. "I guess it's back to the alley" said Devonte.

"After Rachel wake up, what do you say we go shopping?"

His face lit up. "Fine with me" he said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 68 24
Nixie Caldwell lives in a New Earth. A world that has mutated along with the people in it. A world with four domains of life. The domains are Earth...
8.9K 457 31
-Editing being done- <> This was my first ever book on wattpad in 2014<> <>Therefore it will have mistakes and not extremely long c...
257 7 18
Millions of years ago there were thousands of elements created by the sun it's self in ancient Greece.There were the embodiments of the elements, eve...
669 189 44
This story takes place in the world of elements with the royal family, where I was the princess. Every member of the royal family should be able to...