A Pretty Lie ✔️

By winteratheart__

'Every boy is a player, Until... He meets his true one' ... "Come on Inaya! You just have to pretend" he whin... More

✨Intro✨
Chapter 1 | Pretend
Chapter 2 | Karma
Chapter 3 | Fiance
Chapter 4 | Embarrassment
Chapter 5 | Mission
Chapter 6 | Engagement
Chapter 7 | Blushing
Chapter 8 | Cuteness
Chapter 9 | Blackmail
Chapter 10 | Flushed up
Chapter 11 | Emotional
Chapter 12 | Motherly love
Chapter 13 | Handsome face
Chapter 14 | Married
Chapter 15 | Sleepy head
Chapter 16 | Hatred
Chapter 17 | Awkward
Chapter 18 | Feelings
Chapter 19 | long trip
Chapter 20 | Innocent
Chapter 21 | Pool party
Chapter 22 | Upset
Chapter 23 | Ignoring her
Chapter 24 | Sorry
Chapter 25 | Too close
Chapter 26 | Happy moment
Chapter 27 | Scared
Chapter 28 | Tempting
Chapter 29 | Bold move
Chapter 30 | Insane
Chapter 31 | Bullying
Chapter 32 | Deadly Disease
Chapter 33 | Painful
Chapter 34 | Shy
Chapter 35 | Accident
Chapter 36 | Strong
Chapter 37 | Love
Chapter 38 | Jealousy
Chapter 39 | Adorable
✨Epilogue ✨

Bonus Chapter ✨

4.4K 303 82
By winteratheart__

Zaarib's Pov

After a very tired day at work I enter my house, to hear Ammi chirping in her phone to someone with so much interest.

Feeling thirsty since I sat inside the car, so the first thing I do is turn to my left to get in the kitchen and hydrate myself.

After hydrating my deserted throat I fill the water bottle to take it to our room knowing that Inaya always gets thirsty in the middle of the night but sleeps with her thirsty throat because she is scared to go alone even after living in this house for more than 3 years.

I walk towards my mother to greet her and to make myself visible and when she smiles but waves at me to go away since she is on call with someone, I chuckle but leave the old women to her own self.

Its already past 9, I guess everybody had their dinner already, I am not sure about Inaya but that sulking women truthfully lies on my face that she ate even after knowing how angry I get when she skips her meal.

"Hey" my voice comes out low and quiet when I open the door only for my eyes to fall over her small figure sitting with her back resting on the headboard. Thinking that she is asleep I call her in a quiet voice but she was quick to open her eyes and give me a smile as if telling me she was waiting for me and that flutters my heart knowing that someone is waiting for you in your house and you just need to pack your work up as fast as you can to not make them wait.

It is another feeling that I never thought I'll be blessed with.

"Hey, how was your day?" She sits up throwing the blanket away which was covering her legs. "You don't want to hear how boring it was, do you?" I raise my eyebrow as I remove my wrist watch and the upper few black buttons of my black shirt.

She chuckles at that nodding to herself and soon the room falls in to a comfortable silence but my eyes are on my wife who looks oddly nervous, as if she is hiding something or as if she is scared.

Before I could ask what's wrong she speaks.

"I went out with farrah today" she smiles to herself which tells me she enjoyed her day with her cousin.

"Hmm...did you enjoy?" While tugging my shirt out of my pants I question as I remove my shirt and Inaya was quick to lowers her gaze out of shyness like she always does, which is also the reason why I remove my shirt and unbuckle my belt infront of her just to enjoy her red cheeks.

I know I am cruel.

"Yeah we went out and umm we had fun" she grins happily and I nod with a smile before walking towards my closet to pick up my grey sweat-pants and a grey hoodie since the weather is cold.

After changing and quickly freshening up I walk out "So what's wrong why are you being a silent baby? Had your dinner?" I ask the question which was bugging me since I saw the distress look on her face, flopping on the bed a groan of relaxation leaves my lips when the soft mattress touches my tired back.

"Freaking hell...I had a very tired day, I am capable of sleeping for 24 hours with you in my arms" I do not forget to mention Inaya knowing that these small involvements flutters her heart and makes her shy "Come here why are you so quiet today sweetheart?" I stretch my arm for her to get in and she without any hesitation quickly moves forward to snuggle against my warm body.

My eyes furrow up in worry when her's glisten with tears. "Baby what's wrong?" Cupping her face I tilt her face up so she is looking in to my eyes but worry automatically takes over my heart when silent tears leaves her eyes. "Hey, Inaya" I pull her up so her face is just inches away from mine.

"It's nothing" she sniffs and my worry does not cease but when her hand lands on her stomach, my stomach curls up and my heart pangs with hurt and pain knowing that she is again crying because of what the doctor said.

I gently nudge her so she lays on the bed and elbow myself so I could look down at her, I place my hand on her stomach but lean down to press a sweet kiss on her sweet lips.

"Sweetheart I said you not to think about it right" I whisper just above her lips keeping the intimate contact so she forgets about unwanted things, but when she does not reply I pull her closer running my finger through her soft hair, but gather all the courage to speak about something I am trying my best to forget.

"It's okay sweetheart, everything will be alright, come on baby, I already have you as my baby, It's okay if it takes time for us to be blessed with one, and it's not your fault at all my love" she sobs harder breaking my heart into pieces and I try my best to not cry with her but it hurts seeing her hurting herself always by thinking I will leave her just because the doctor said it will be very difficult for her to get pregnant because of her weak health. And it was said 6 months ago but she is still not over it.

The sudden news was very difficult for us to digest but I never showed any disappointment towards her on this topic and that would be the most stupid thing if one does show disappointment towards the women because it is not at all their fault. It would be the jerkiest move to even look down at her.

But still she cries blaming herself for everything. It's just three years of our marriage and it's completely okay to not have a child in three years, but being a mother was something Inaya wanted to be, it was the reason why she left her studies and now she is so hurt that I feel fucked up an useless to see my love cry.

It's not that the doctor said she cannot conceive a child but there was the word she used 'very less chances' and everyone know, what it means.

I wrap my arm around her nape gently caressing my thumb against her soft skin and she wraps her arms around my torso to hide her face against the crook of my neck. Snuggling against my skin she sniffs quietly to calm herself down.

"You're hurting me when you cry baby so please stop crying" I run my finger through her hair gently pressing a soft kiss below her earlobe before reaching up to have my lips against her ear "I love you my love" I remind her again and again so it engraves in her every muscle.

I feel her smiling against my skin as she tightens her hold on me.

"A courier was received in your name you should check" after staying in complete silence in each other warm embrace she informs me as she pulls away. I lean forward to press a last kiss on her lips before moving away.

"I love you" she gives me her shy smile through her swollen eyes and repeats the same words in a whisper. I sit up and my eyes fall on the box which is on the table. Chuckling at her stuttering reply caused because of shyness I stand up to go pick the box.

Not knowing what it is but mostly expecting it to be gifts my customers send me because of happiness for my work which they buy.

Inaya sits up and wipes her tears looking eager to see what's inside, I am surprised she didn't opened it yet since she is 'the curious soul'. I guess since she went out with her cousin and also went through a mental breakdown alone she ignored it.

"I don't want another vase and wrist watch again" I whine not wanting to join another of those things into my collection.
Gifts ate gifts Zaarib! You shouldn't feel annoyed with gifts, that's such a arrogant behaviour to whine on gifts!

Inaya giggles scooting closer to stay close to me.

The packing is done with so much delegation that its taking hours to open it. When I finally remove the cover I huff while looking at Inaya "do you want to open it?" I ask about something she is alway eager to do, but she shakes her head with a soft smiles and rubs her eyes which must be itching.

I mentally sigh, feeling like shit when I see her hiding her tears with a smile.

Licking my dry lips I open the box only to fall upon few odd things which I least expected, I take a peek at the excited girl and with a confused frown I take out each thing.

A pair of blue and pink contrasted tiny shoes confuses me and I blink my eyes as I take them in my hands wondering why are these here for but when my eyes falls on my excited wife who is not even trying to hide her bright grin, My breathe quickens at the possibility.

My heart literally dies when I pick up the next item a cute onesie which can only fit a new born baby in which 'Hi Daddy' is beautiful written in golden glitter.

Is this a joke?

She is not serious, is she?

"Inaya, what is this sweetheart?" My voice comes out in a whisper and when I see her teary eyes and the look she is throwing at me conforms what my heart is denying.

Even though I am so close to pulling her into a bone crushing hug, I wait to confirm the reality which does not look anywhere near reality.

I blink back the overwhelming feeling but pick the last box—a jewellery box, I quickly open the black tiny box only for my heart to completely stop when I see a beautiful pendant in which it's written 'We are pregnant'

That bursts my brain and I loose all my senses and like a pathetic soul my eyes betrays and glistens as I throw my body to take my love in my arms.

The overwhelming feeling my heart is going through is indescribable.

Pulling myself away I cup her face to peck all over her face, telling her through my kisses she is the key to my happiness, a place where I can never be disappointed.

"Are you serious? You are not joking right?" My voice coming out uglier than I thought because of the way I look shocked at this happiness which is flowing through my veins which I did not expect to come to our life so soon.

"I went to the doctor with farrah today and she— she said she congratulated me" she cries and hugs me tighter "ya Allah baby why didn't you tell me before" I kiss her all over her face not knowing what to say.

"I am so happy! Thankyou so much my love" I press my lips against her soft one while mumbling thankyou's after every gentle peck.

I am already feeling giddy at the thought of seeing my little one in my arms.

"How did this happen? I mean—the doctor she— god what to say you just made me feel  the happiest person in the world" she giggles and a smile spreads on her lips, the smile which always flutters my heart.

Squeezing her in my arms I let her cry of happiness while I control my own tears while breathing in her scent.

I bend down to cup her waist before pampering her flat tummy with lots of kisses.

"How is my little Zaarib or Zaariba doing in their?" I rub her stomach and press my ear against it waiting for them to speak.

Inaya throws her head back and laughs her heart out "You made your Momma and Dadda cry alot..but don't worry Allah has blessed you with best parents so we forgive you" I pamper her stomach with lots of kisses literally feeling like I am kissing my baby who is inside her tiny tummy.

The door crooks opens because of knocks and there stood Mom and Dad who are looking at us with squints eyes as if they are telling me they are confused.

I sit up and Inaya does the same "what's wrong? you guys are screaming like you've won a lottery" she walks in and Dad follows her.

When her eyes falls on the item placed on the bed.

"Oh my—" a gasp leaves her lips and she quickly takes a u-turn as if she didn't want to believe this, But Dad stands their frozen doing nothing but staring at the cute little blue shoes which had pink lines "Are you serious?" He does not believe us but when I let out an yes my mom was the first to react by rushing towards Inaya with tears running down her cheek.

"Oh my god! I am surprised it took you both so long! But wow!" She does not forget to he a mother in law but hugs Inaya tightly and they both laugh at nothing and I look at them feeling overwhelmed at how good they look when they confront each other.

Inaya even dropped her studies just so she could become a mother and have a small family and I felt absolutely shitty these past years when I was not able to give her what she wanted, she is the purest soul in my impure life whose entry only bought happiness to my life.

Even when looking back at how we just made a deal of helping each other but ended up being each other's life is something I always laugh at while thinking about it.

The decision which I regretted choosing is something I am grateful about now.

Yes it started with lie, but it was a pretty lie.

.........

8 months later

"I am tired!" Inaya already whines as if she was working out for hours, when she just now sat on the chair so I could sketch her "Sweetheart it's barely ten minutes you sat their" I mentally roll my eyes but concentrate on the curves, I am drawing on the white paper.

"Only 10 minutes? Your lying" she gasps not believing my true words, but I ignore her since she has become loud and talkative from the past few days. And I can't even say anything about it.

When I see her sitting quietly swinging her legs up and down in boredom I stand up and walk towards a drawer were I keep some stuffs to eat for this little loud women who has become way to moody nowadays.

When I see few chips packets I grab one and a chocolate bar to go give her but before I could give her, her eyes lits up with happiness just when her eyes fells of the pack.

"You don't have the other one you bought yesterday?" She questions while tearing the chips packet to dig in "No...I'll buy that later if you want" After making her happy with food she leaves me alone to do my work in silence.

"Zaarib?" I hum in response when she calls out for me my full attention is on the final touches I am giving "I was thinking if I should frame the thing your sketching and paste it on top of our bed...so whenever you wake up your eyes will be blessed with my face" she waits for me to answer.

"I will be having you in my arms when I wake up so why would I look up to see your beautiful face hmm?" I wipe my hand in a white cloth before standing up with a sigh of tiredness and I stretch my back so I could relax my muscles.

"Oh yeah I forgot about that" she face palms herself while giggling as if telling herself 'how can she be so dumb?' Licking her fingers she looks down on herself "The dresses are not fitting me...should we go do some shopping I feel out-sick, I feel like I am in prison, you're not letting me go anywhere" she whines and blinks her eyes waiting for me to say a yes so we could go out but thats not going to happen "I am sorry—"

"Shutup don't talk to me" she throws the empty packet away and like always I ignore her but in an invisible manner didn't want her to cry like she did few days ago, saying that I am ignoring her because she is not beautiful now and she is fat because of the baby bump I gave her, yeah sometime she seriously gets on my nerves but I can't do anything.

"It's for your own good baby, stop sulking" she is just few weeks away from her due date and she wants to roam around when she should be sitting near the washroom because of how frequently she uses it.

Zaarib! Don't joke over such sensitive topic! If Inaya hears your thoughts she will slice your neck slowly.

I cover my drawing with a thin sheet, to complete the touches and shading later, because I know if I spend my time here she is gonna be more mad than she is now.

With a smile I walk towards the sulking upset baby "let's get you down" I wrap my arm around her waist gently and ever so carefully  pulling her out of the chair which is taller than her. "Bathroom" she points towards the bathroom when I take her towards the bed, unknowingly when a chuckle leaves my lips at how her bladder is always full because of pregnancy, a hard punch lands on my back "Don't you dare laugh at me" I couldn't help but laugh at that but before she could kill me with her punches I tilt her chin up to kiss those lovely lips.

"I am sorry, I'll give your leg a nice massage when you come back, now go" I give her hip a gentle pat asking her to go but that makes her blush really hard, she is still not used to our kisses. Even after 3 years of our marriage, well almost 4 years now.

When she enters the washroom I walk towards our bed picking up my phone from the night stand I reply to my annoying assistant who always disturbs me with loads of questions. I feel like his assistant more than he being my assistant, why am I even dealing with this dumb guy from the past 3 years?

He literally asks dumbest questions and I can't even get angry on him when he look so innocent, but I have snapped at time, when I was so done with his dumbness I said him that I am hiring another assistant and that was enough for him to cry rivers and fountains thinking that I am firing him when I clearly said 'another assistant'.

I tilt my chin up when the door opens and Inaya walks in with her hands on her baby bump looking adorable with those swollen puffed cheeks, she is glowing alot because of pregnancy that I am having a hard time controlling and I am happy that she looks lot more healthier now.

"Ya allah" she huffs and sits on the bed looking tired by carrying another human from the past 9 months. She does not even bother scooting towards me and laying properly but flops on the bed and throws her legs on top of mine, wiggling them she tells me to massage her swollen feet with a grin.

I shake my head while chuckling to myself but drop the phone on the bed to take her feet in my hand and give them a gentle massage so she can forget her pain.

"Inaya?" When I call out for her she hums in response with her eyes on me "what are we going to name our baby?" Her eyes lits up at this exciting question, when she was about to sit up I stop her "No, you are not taking that list and stressing your mind over all the names again" I ask her to lay back with my eyes and she quietly obeys.

"There are so many beautiful name but I want a nice name in your letter if its a boy, and my letter if it's a girl" she grins and I do the same not able to hold back the happiness of seeing a little one of ours soon in our arm.

"I heard about a Persian name called Zeeshan what do you think about it?" I talk about this for the first time with her and she bites her lips thinking about "It's beautiful...what's the meaning?" She wiggles her eyebrows "I guess its a person who is peaceful and respectful" I nod to myself but look at her who does the same "you mean like you? A person filled with patience?" I shake my head chuckling when she wiggles her eyebrows "hmm maybe who knows a little Zaarib is playing in your tummy?" She giggles and rubs her belly.

"I think it's a girl" she tells me about her thoughts "but you know I will be jealous if my daughter is blessed with your grey eyes I want those eyes I can't see any other girl with those beautiful pairs, it's different about guy though" I giggle but slap her bare thigh in a gentle manner when she rolls her eyes, already getting jealous of our unborn baby.

"What are you going to name if its tiny princess playing in your stomach?" I question her and she hums thinking of an answer "Idaya? Which means heart" she raises her eyebrow suggesting me a name "you mean a beautiful heart like you have?" She laughs when I turn her sentence just the way she said me before.

"That's a beautiful name, we can call her Aaya too" she nods her head multiple times at the nick name I created and grins opening her arms asking me to come and join her.

I gently place her legs down which I was massaging before moving towards my wife who is waiting for me to take her in my arms.

I pull her closer laying beside her with our legs facing the headboard, I press a long kiss on her cheek but remind her like I do everyday that I love her "I love you" I peck her lips and she repeats the same words shyly "I love you more and more"

"I love you too my healthy candy" when I rub her belly not forgetting the little one Inaya laughs right near my ear finding it funny but hugs me and I give her all the warmth and love she deserves through the hug.

.........
6 months later

"I don't know Inaya? I guess we can he looks big" I scratch my head confused while cruelly munching the chips which my baby is asking me to give him who is lying on my lap "Say Mashallah" Inaya slaps my arm with a glare, I roll my eyes but mumble a Mashallah before she could straddle me to death for arguing with her on this topic.

"Should I ask mamma?" Her lips forms into a pout not knowing what to do "I think we can give him some chips, I won't be able to eat if he opens his mouth like this everytime I eat" Inaya pout taking our 5 months old baby from my lap.

"You want to eat what mamma and dada is eating hm? But I think it's unhealthy baby" she talks to him as if he can understand and I dust my hands in my pants before licking the salt and spicy taste from my fingers and I stand up to go ask mamma if we can feed him some chips.

"Zaarib I am giving him this, one or two chips won't hurt" I nod agreeing to what she is saying "yeah.. but to be on a safer side I'll go ask mamma, you know how she got mad when we didn't know how to tie a diaper, don't want to take any risk now, cause I don't see any teeth in his mouth so I'll go ask" she nods but takes a chips and taps on Zeeshan's lips who opens his mouth as soon as she brings it near his lips, while giggling she shakes her head telling 'nope baby we are not giving you so easily' poor soul, I hope he does not cry because of her teasing, I am in no mood to walk around the room with him in my arms, trying to calm his loud cries.

When I see mamma in the living room with Inaya's mother, I smile at her sudden entry "hey lovely women when did you come?" she grins when she hears me and I move forward to hug her which she returns lovingly "just now, missed my grandson so here I am" she smiles at me and I nod copying her action "What is Inaya doing?" Oh Yeah I had a question.

"I have a question, can we feed Zee chips?" She quickly shakes her "Ofcourse not, he is too small to take those salty spicy things, why? Don't tell me you were planning on feeding him chips?" She laughs but my mind goes blank—Oh shit—I look at her with wide eyes and she understands that look, quickly taking a u-turn I rush inside and to stop Inaya from doing something which I am sure she already did.

A gasp leaves my lips when loud cries followed by coughs of my baby echoes through the room "Oh my—" when I reach I slap my forehead mentally when I see Inaya panicking looking on the verge of crying with our baby on the bed crying his lungs out.

I rush towards the bed and I quickly take My son in my arms rocking him up and down to calm him down but hear loud curses and yells from our mothers "Are you guys serious?!"

"Where is the water bottle?" Inaya bites her lips nervously but shuffles the things on the bed to hand her the water bottle. "Give me" Mamma glares at me and I quietly handle her my calming baby whose eyes and nose are now swollen.

"I umm did I do something wrong—I am sorry" Inaya tugs my sleeve staying close to me and I shake my head to not worry her and make her feel bad.

"Nothing he is just not used to chips it seems, it's not your fault" I shrug to not worry her before I could comfort her aunty speaks.

"It's not your fault" she scoffs and says something under her breathe before continuing "Are you guys for real? You just gave him a spicy unhealthy food which is so not good for his tongue health and body Inaya" Inaya bites her lips taking a peek at our baby who now has calmed down in my mamma's arms.

"Who gave them a child?" She slaps her forehead and I stop myself from laughing at her sentence—wrong timing Zaarib, I am sure she will throw anything she gets if I laugh.

"I—we didn't know" I gulp when she throws a dangerous glares at me asking me to shutup and not give any explanation.

"He is looking at me I guess he wants to be in my arms" I hesitantly speak when I see my baby staring at me with pouty lips and glistening eyes "so you can make him happy with more chips?" The bitterness in my mothers voice, freaking hell.

When Zeeshan forwards his arm towards my side asking me to take him I quickly move forward and the hiding girl behind me who is still holding the hem of my shirt, looking scared by our mamma's follows me and stays right beside me.

After throwing a very killing glare mamma gives me my baby "awe my baby, I am sorry" I hold him by his underarms pecking his face to show my apology and he giggles telling me that he forgave me in his language.

Zeeshan forwards his hand towards his mamma and Inaya who is oddly silent moves forward to take him but her eyes widens when Zee wipes her cheeks and her eyes with his tiny hands and that's when I noticed she was crying. She looks at me with wide eyes at this soft gesture which was unexpected.

I throw my head back laughing at his sweetness and when my baby noticed her everyone's attention is on him, he hides his face in the crook of my neck shyly "I said you he is like you, same eyes same character" she laughs and hugs me kissing Zeeshan's hair multiple time while repeating multiple 'sorry and asking him to forgive her' only to hear him giggling adorably.

..........

Unfortunately for Zaarib and Inaya's Fans, This is the end of this lovely book♥️
I'll miss them!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 869 32
Inaya Hussein is a happy go to 20-year-old studying medicine wanting to make her parents proud. Religion plays a huge part in her life. Her two best...
132K 7.5K 42
He is funny jokes. She is shy smiles. He is sarcastic. She is logistic. He finds positives in life. She finds negatives in life. He is a playgr...
15.3K 776 33
"...Don't show that you cared about my happiness, when you actually didn't. I doubt if you ever truly did care." I whispered the last part menacingly...