Stupid Cupid (Completed ☑️)

By monmamooon

Win is a cupid. On his card are two names - New and Neen - and it is his job to connect the two people and ha... More

01: The Inania
02: The Mistake
03: The Encounter
04: The Escape
05: The Plan
06: Getting to Know Each Other
07: Running Away
08: The Drive Home
09: The Double Date - Part 1
10: The Double Date - Part 2
11: The Double Date - Part 3
12: Dancing in The Rain
13: The Highest Summon
14: The Confession
15: The Writer and The Subject
16: The Right Mistake
17: The Incidental Aftermath
18: The Farewell
20: The End and The Beginning

19: The Question

844 72 11
By monmamooon

- Tay's POV -

I check the digital clock on my laptop.

It's already twenty-three minutes past five, and my heart starts to beat erratically again.

I look at New, who's busy tending the ordering counter of his cafe.

A small smile appears on my face, mirroring that of his as he talks to one of his customers.

I'll never get tired of this view.

More than three months ago, I met him in this very cafe while I was soaking wet. The rain was pouring hard that day, but the moment I saw him, it's like everything around him just exuded of rainbows and clear skies.

I felt an unfamiliar tug in my heart, as if it knew that it's in the right place.

'Foolish,' you might say. How can a heart know that it's already in the right place?

And I don't have an answer to that.

But somehow, these past few months, I just know that I've found the one.

Too fast? Maybe.

Confused? Definitely not.

How do I know? Because I've been confused all my life.

I was confused about my gender orientation before.

I was confused whether or not to take a risk in being a writer or just take the position my family has handed to me in the family business.

I was confused whether or not the person I'm in love with will be my endgame.

I've had my fair share with being confused.

But not this time.

Not with New.

I was meant to be here three months ago in this cafe.

I was meant to meet him.

I was called here.

Fate called me.

And although we've pretty much been doing what lovers do these past few months, we're still not official.

Yes, I'm confident about us, but I would like it if I can officially call him mine and me, his.

New looks at me after the line of people has emptied. He smiles at me sweetly, and I smile back.

"Wait for me, okay?" He mouths at me as he gestures to himself and signs 'wait.'

To be loved by this man is the greatest pleasure I've ever heard.

He's worth the wait and more.

"I will," I wink at him and chuckles as I see his cheeks flush and give me a stink eye.

Tonight, I hope everything goes well.

---

- New's POV -

Tay has invited me to dinner and offered to wait for me to in my cafe.

These past few weeks, my heart has been swelling with too much happiness.

Although, to be honest, there's a looming fear within me that this might be taken away any moment.

But I always keep that voice down so as to not let it interfere with my days with Tay.

For several years, I've been used to being alone. Ever since my mom died, relationships have been the least of my priorities. Casual hook-ups have been my only source of physical pleasure, and that was okay.

Until I met that girl Neen.

For a moment, I felt like a high school boy again, having a crush on a pretty girl.

But I've never seen her again after that fateful rainy day where she lent me her umbrella.

That pissed me off for days, of course.

Until Tay Tawan.

Until this man came barging in my cafe on one rainy day. What was supposed to be just an ordinary day had been turned into an extraordinary one because I met a special person like him, who, coincidentally, is my favorite writer when it comes to an erotic genre.

At some point, I wondered, what if I met Neen again before Tay came into my life.

Would I still like Neen?

Would I be able to date her?

Would Tay be just one of my patrons in the cafe?

Yet the thought of Tay being just a regular customer gives a subtle pang in my heart.

I don't know Neen. I don't know if she's special, too.

But I'm not curious anymore, and I have no intentions of finding out. Because to do so would mean letting go of Tay. And I don't think I can live with that in a lifetime.

I look at Tay, who's now driving towards the restaurant he told me about.

I'm in love with him.

Truly, I am.

You might say I need more time to figure out my true feelings.

But I don't.

My heart is at peace when I'm with him. It's like it knows it's being handled with care by the right person.

"Who's going to drive if I melt here because of your staring?" Tay looks at me briefly and smirks.

I chuckle as I hold his left hand, "Then I'll  put you in a jar and have you all by myself."

"Oh, you would like that, wouldn't you? Have me all by yourself?" He then gives me a mischievous look.

"Of course, I do. And I'd break the limbs of anyone who'll try to take you away from me."

"Good. Because we're here."

I look outside and see a tall building.

"That's where we'll eat? A hotel?" I aks as he drives inside the parking lot.

"Yup."

"Seriously? I thought we'll just have dinner in a simple restaurant or something. I should have worn better clothes," I look down on myself as I check my simple long sleeves blue polo shirt, with its sleeves rolled up, partnered with simple jeans and sneakers.

"New, believe me, you can wear rags, and you'd still outstand all the people in there."

I can't help but blush he gives the back of my hand a light kiss.

***

To say that I'm surprised is definitely an understatement.

We're currently in the rooftop of a luxury hotel, overlooking the magnificent view of the City.

"We're going to eat here?" I whisper at Tay's ears, walking hand in hand as we walk towards our table, "How much are we going to spend tonight, Tay?"

He chuckles as he briefly plants a soft kiss on my cheek. I see a lot of eyes looking at us. I guess a lot of people are still not used to same sex relationships.

"Don't worry about anything and just eat, okay? Tonight is special."

I gasp, feeling so ashamed of myself, "Today is special? Oh my gosh, Tay! Is it your birthday?"

He pulls back the chair and asks me to sit, "No, it isn't."

"Then why? What makes today special?"

"You'll see," Tay takes the seat across from me, "Let's eat first. Their seafoods here are to die for. I recommend that."

I frown a bit as I bite my lower lip.

Did I miss anything? Are we celebrating today? Perhaps a new book?

"Stop frowning, Thitipoom. I'm telling you. You really have no idea what makes today special because I haven't told you yet. I'd tell you after we eat, okay?"

I look at Tay and feels reassured by his sweet smile.

Right. I need to stop overthinking this.

I take the menu on the table and chokes as soon as I see the prices.

"New, New, are you okay?" Here, drink this," Tay gives me his glass of water and I quickly take it.

After I calm down, I eye the menu one more time.

Holy shit! These prices are worth of what my cafe and library earn combined in a week! And that's the gross amount!

"Tay --"

"Newwie, I told you. Don't worry about it. It's not like we'll eat here everyday for the rest of our lives. Sometimes, we can spend a little for special days like this!"

"Which, the reason why this day is special, you still won't tell me tell me."

"Exactly. So, ignore the prices and just order everything you want. Everything."

Fine. Its not like we can leave now, anyway.

I scan through the menu and indeed, their best sellers are their seafood dishes.

"Then, I'll have this Sous Vide Butter-poached Lobster. Can I have the shrimp, too?"

Yeah. Let me just let go of all of my inhibitions now. Tay's right. For all I know, it will be years before I'd be able to come back here.

Tay chuckles as he reaches out and ruffles my hair, "Everything you want."

I want to say I want him, too, but I guess that can wait 'til later.

***

I watch the city view with a glass of champagne on my hand.

I wasn't born rich. So this the very first time I've ever seen the cityscape.

So this is how it feels like to see the stars beneath you.

The city lights seem to reflect the blanket of heavenly bodies in the sky, and it's making me feel butterflies.

"You like it?" Tay asks.

"I love it," I turn to Tay, maintaining my smile as I tilt my head on the side, feeling a little bit tipsy, "Thank you, Tay. For bringing me here."

"Everything for you, New."

I chuckle, suppressing the butterflies in my stomach. I feel my cheeks heat. Whether it's from the champagne or from Tay's words.

This man has been nothing but sweet and kind to me that it's making me think, what the hell did I achieve in my past life to deserve this?

"New."

"Hmm?"

"Do you wanna know now what makes today special?" He lays his right hand on the table.

I take it with a lopsided smile on my face, "Yes, please. Indulge me."

"Well, New, I'll have you know, that today marks the 100th day of having you in my life."

I grin widely as I bite my lower lip, "You kept count, huh?"

"Well, everything about you matters to me."

There's really no helping this now, isn't it? I just keep falling and falling for this guy.

"You matter to me too, Tay. Very much."

"New, uhmm," Tay looks at our hands, "I know we've been pretty much acting like a couple these past few months, but... You know... We never really made it official."

Ooooh.

So this is what is it.

It hadn't really occured to me, though.

"Yeah, you're right," I chuckle suddenly which has surprised Tay, "Sorry. It's just that... I don't know. It kinda escaped my mind. Maybe I was too comfortable with what we are already that I didn't mind this being... Well, unofficial."

Tay scratches the back of his head, feeling a litte shy, "Yeah. Well, I was kind of hoping to celebrate anniversaries with you and all but we won't be able to do that if we don't have a date."

I grin widely just imagining the long future I'd spend with this guy.

"So, uhm, New, will you be my boyfriend?"

I put the champagne down, lift myself from my seat, and kiss him across the table.

"Yes, Tay. Yes."

I lean in again and kiss him, silently conveying a promise of forever and always with him.

---

A/N

One last chapter to goooo 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 4.4K 58
Win Bright Story One night was planned because Win was married afterall. And no matter how bad his wife Zea treat him by cheating behind his back...
38.8K 2.1K 25
When Win Metawin enters the University of Thammasat and ends up falling for Bright Vachirawit at first sight, his heart starts to beat for him withou...
17.8K 716 23
What happens when the country's heartthrob , Bright Vachirawit falls for his assistant manager Win Metawin but Win can't be with Bright not because h...
11.2K 637 22
"𝘐 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘶𝘱𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧, 𝘐 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘸...