A Deal in Disguise

由 sleepytinker__

Looking straight in my eyes he said "I didn't like the way he was staring at you." I bit my lips "And how was... 更多

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTERS
CHAPTER 1: WHO IS VINCENT?
CHAPTER 2: A PROPOSAL
CHAPTER 3: A DEAL?
CHAPTER 4: NOT A HEARTS AND FLOWERS KINDA GUY
CHAPTER 5: A MARRIAGE BOUNDED BY A DEAL
CHAPTER 6: RUDE ASS
CHAPTER 7: DANGER!
CHAPTER 8: SECRETS
CHAPTER 9: A FRIEND
CHAPTER 10: GETTING CLOSER
CHAPTER 11: BETRAYAL
CHAPTER 12: THE NICE ONE
CHAPTER 13: "Don't leave."
CHAPTER 14: LIES
CHAPTER 15: STAYING AWAY
CHAPTER 16: HURT
CHAPTER 17: APOLOGIES
CHAPTER 18: 2 down, 4 more to go...
CHAPTER 19: "Don't involve yourself in this mess"
CHAPTER 20: "Sometime it's the situation to be blamed"
CHAPTER 21: "Spain it is then."
CHAPTER 22: "It'll be fun babygirl."
CHAPTER 23: Or is it wrong because you love Olivia?
CHAPTER 24: And it's now too late to stop
CHAPTER 25: "Do you regret last night?"
CHAPTER 26: I can't get him, even if I try
CHAPTER 27: It's like he doesn't care about me anymore
CHAPTER 28: How will I stop him?
CHAPTER 29: "Every story has two sides"
CHAPTER 31: "Trust is earned, Rafael."
CHAPTER 32: He is Vincent for me.
CHAPTER 33: I want to sleep peacefully
CHAPTER 34 : "Just know one thing I can never hate you."
CHAPTER 35 : "She is a Martinez now not a Cameron"
CHAPTER 36 : "I fucking love you, Hazel Martinez."
CHAPTER 37 : "She's the only thing that keeps me sane."
CHAPTER 38 : "A betrayal in the mafia cannot be forgiven."
CHAPTER 39 : "But I wanted you both in my life."
CHAPTER 40 : "Just stay."
EPILOGUE
ALESSANDRO
BILLIONAIRE'S REVENGE

CHAPTER 30: "You should hate me for whatever I have done"

50.5K 2.3K 349
由 sleepytinker__

HAZEL MARTINEZ

I was sitting looking out of the window all I could think was what Simon did to Rafael's family. Like Connor described Simon, I felt like I didn't know this Simon. My Simon would never be this heartless to enjoy raping someone.

Why Simon? Why?

Was I really blinded not to see the real you?

Getting up I made my way towards the bedside table picking up a glass I poured water from the jug and drank the water but as I was placing it back on the table it slipped from my hand and fell on the floor breaking into pieces.

I sighed.

I am clumsy af.

As I took a step forward to clean the mess I just created, I felt pain in the arch of my leg.

"Ouch!"

I looked down to see a glass piece in my leg.

Told ya I am clumsy af.

I managed to drag myself with one leg to the bed and sat on the bed scanning my leg. I took out the glass piece and just sat on the bed with my leg hanging out of the bed, not knowing what to do, there was blood on the floor too.

What can I do?

I just kept seated on the bed unmoving with tears in my eyes but the blood was not stopping even a bit.

No. The blood isn't the reason of my tears, it's all the recent events. I just want to hide myself somewhere and cry all day.

Suddenly the door of my room opened revealing a maid, she had a tray in her hand filled with food but as soon as she witnessed the mess in the room then me her eyes widened.

"Can you take me to the washroom, please?" I requested her.

She looked at my leg then back at me "I can but first I have to inform Sir about it."

"No it's fine. You don't have to trouble him. I'll just wash it."

"I'm sorry but I'll have to inform him." Before I could stop her, she ran out of the room in panic mode.

Now I am going to get a nice scolding.

Few minutes later, Rafael came inside the room with of course Connor following him.

He looked at the floor where the broken glass pieces were lying then at me, who was sitting on the bed holding her leg with blood flowing down her leg. I looked at him with teary eyes.

He sighed figuring out the situation I created for myself.

"Call the doctor." He ordered Connor then asked the maid to clean the glass pieces lying on the floor.

Rafael went inside the washroom then came out with a bowl in his hand, he kneeled in front of me lifting my injured leg.

He dipped the cloth in the warm water and applied pressure with the cloth to stop the bleeding.

"Ah! Slow. Slow." I hissed in pain.

He once looked at me then again went back, this time cleaning the wound slowly, trying not to hurt me. After cleaning the wound, he wrapped a cloth around the arch of my leg and waited for the doctor.

"Thank you." I muttered.

He rolled his eyes looking irritated af.

Told ya I am about to get a nice scolding.

He was about to say something but at the same time Connor returned as my saviour with the doctor. Rafael got up from the floor and gave space for the doctor to check on me.

The doctor removed the cloth that Rafael just wrapped, he scanned the cut then looked up at me with a shocked look.

"What were you doing? That's a really big cut."

"The glass piece was too big." I replied biting my lip.

Fucking piece of glass.

The doctor chuckled.

Dude I wasn't joking the glass piece was big.

After treating my cut, he got up from the bed and said "It's done. It will take some time but will heal."

I nodded and muttered a 'thank you' then the doctor left giving Rafael few instructions. It seemed like Rafael knows him for ages.

Once my eyes landed on Rafael, he seemed really angry quickly I looked down trying not to meet his gaze. Rafael turned to Connor and said "Get the medicines."

Connor nodded then said "Take care Haze." Saying that he left the room leaving Rafael and I all alone... which I didn't want.

"What were you trying to do exactly?" He asked totally annoyed.

I bit my lips and replied "I was drinking water."

"By hurting yourself?" This time he snapped at me.

"I'm sorry."

He took a deep breath then spoke again "Can't you stop being careless about yourself for once atleast?"

"It just fell down from my hand."

"Because of your carelessness and now look at yourself. Fucking careless!"

"I said I'm sorry. Stop scolding me. I know very well I can't do anything properly, stop reminding me that continuously."

This time he remained quiet but I could feel his gaze not leaving me "Just take care and please stop hurting yourself." Saying that he left the room.

After he left, the maid came back in the room and served me some food. Quietly I finished my food and laid down on the bed trying to sleep.

I don't know why but I feel really lonely ×2 in this place. For 6 months I was at home, caged I did feel lonely that time too but this loneliness is making me feel sick. Maybe it's because I got a bad habit of having Rafael by my side all the time and now, he just visits me twice a day that too he doesn't even come near me.

How can he come near me? My brother killed his father, his sister of course he hates me.

In the evening, Connor came to my room to see if I am fine or not. He took a seat on the bed beside me.

"You good now?" He asked.

I nodded.

"I have something for you." He said making me look up at him curiously. Taking out something from his pocket he extended it towards me... It was a chocolate bar. I smiled.

"I am glad you remembered." I said placing the chocolate on the bedside table.

"Well friends do remember their friend's favourites."

I chuckled.

"I hope we are still friends. I had to do everything I didn't have any other choice."

"I understand Connor. It's fine and just because you gave me this chocolate, you are my dear forgiven." I said.

He laughed.

"By the way, did you meet Olivia?" He asked.

I looked at him with my brows furrowed "Olivia?" After listening about that stupid love story I don't even want to see her.

I hate her.

"I bet you haven't met her."

I shook my head.

"Well save your man if you can."

"What does that mean? You said the love story was a set-up."

"Olivia my dear likes your man, she was so happy when Vincent told her about all the acting and while coming upstairs I saw her flirting with him."

That made me worried.

Whoever this Olivia is she was flirting with Rafael?

My Rafael.

"Does Rafael like her?" I asked biting my lip a bit worried.

Connor shrugged "About that I really don't know. That man is confusing as fuck. You see I can read you easily but him, he's just unpredictable."

He is unpredictable. I know he wouldn't say what he really feels but this Olivia girl, does he like her that's why he is pushing me away? Can be a possibility?

Connor snapped his fingers in front of my eyes making me come back from my thoughts land "Earth to Haze."

"Does he really like her?" I asked him again.

"I told you I don't know."

"Do you like her?"

"Umm... I kinda have no option than to work with her. So I kinda have to try liking her but that never happened in 12 years."

"12 years?"

"Yeah."

"She's been with you guys for 12 years?"

He nodded.

Now I am sure Rafael likes her.

There was a sudden knock on the door, we looked up to see Rafael standing at the door with his hands in his pockets staring at me.

Connor cleared his throat then got up from the bed "Time for me to leave. You both have your moments and take care Haze."

"Bye Connor."

Connor was leaving when Rafael stopped him "I want you to increase the security at my penthouse. Dad's safety is important."

"Will do that."

"There are few things in my car, I forgot to get them ask one of our men to hand it over to her." He said giving Connor his car keys signalling towards me to which Connor nodded again.

What does he have for me now?

"And yeah also ask Olivia to see me in the study in 30 minutes."

My eyes widened.

Olivia?

To meet him?

Alone in his study?

There is definitely something going on between them. My intelligent brain is never wrong, I knew it. I so fucking knew it.

Connor looked back at me with a sympathetic look then again replied to Rafael "Yes Vincent." He left the room.

Rafael came inside the room and as usual stood at a distance from me then asked "How's your leg?"

Why the fuck do you care? Go to your study, Olivia must be waiting.

I nodded.

"Hazel I know you don't like being caged but I don't have any other choice. But if you want you can see around the house you can go anywhere you want in the house, just don't try to run away."

"Don't worry I won't run away."

His brows furrowed "May I know what is the reason of this sudden mind change?"

"Connor told me everything." I replied.

"What?"

I looked up at him then replied "He told me about your family and what Simon did to them."

Rafael's jaw clenched and it was clear that he didn't want me to know about this.

He nodded "Very well then but if you are trying to make me feel guilty for everything I have done then stop trying because I won't feel anything."

Slowly I managed to get up from the bed, while limping I made my way towards him and stood in front of him looking him in the eyes.

"I wasn't trying to make you feel guilty. All I want to do right now is apologise to you. I am sorry for whatever Simon did to your family. I really am. I never knew he can cause someone so much pain. I know my apology isn't enough but still sorry."

He scanned my face for sometime like he was trying to read my thoughts then said again "It took me 10 years Hazel, 10 years I am not letting him go now."

I nodded "I know. He deserves it. He deserves all the pain."

He just stared at me I forced to keep a smile on my lips. Looking away from me he said "Stop trying to act strong."

"I'm fine Rafael." I said fidgeting with my fingers.

No I am not.

I want to cry so, I want to cry so bad right now and he knew it. He knew I wasn't as strong as I am pretending to be. Can't he just hold me in his arms once, just once and let me cry?

"There are few things I got for you." He said changing the topic.

I looked at him with my brows raised.

"Your laptop and a new phone. The phone has just mine and Connor's number and I would appreciate if you don't try to call Simon but even if you try you would not be able to reach him."

I shook my head "I won't call him."

"If you have any problem, you can call anyone of us."

"Thank you."

He nodded then said "Have your food on time. Just take proper care of yourself, I can't look after you all the time."

I nodded.

For a moment we stood in complete silence, neither was he saying anything nor I.

Finally breaking the silence I asked "Will you come to see me tomorrow too?"

Even if our meetings were just for few minutes but I wanted to see him. I just wanted to see him everyday that's it.

He scoffed "You should hate me Hazel for whatever I have done to you and whatever I am doing to you."

But I can't. And I know it very well I can't hate you, so what's the point in trying.

I looked up at him to see his eyes already fixed on me and the next thing I did was the most stupid thing I could've done.

I don't know what came over me, I dragged myself towards him, I was about to fall but he held me, I clutched onto his shirt. Standing on my tip toes, I took my lips close to his. His eyes met mine, he caught me staring at his lips. Leaning towards me he connected our lips. I moved my lips against him, slowly his hand on my waist pulling me closer kissing me back. His lips felt so good against mine it's been so long since I last felt them.

When we both were out of breath, he pulled away still his hands resting on my waist. I rested my hands on his chest and slowly opened my eyes looking in his eyes.

Our eye contact broke when his phone started ringing. I took a step backwards away from him, he picked up the call. After answering the call, he picked me up in his arms and placed me on the bed.

And left the room, acting like nothing happened.

||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||

Yea, finally posted Chapter 30 impatient readers.

The story is gonna be of 40 chapters so 10 more chapters to go and an epilogue (maybe if I ain't lazy) but yeah a lot of surprises for you all in the story. Don't be disheartened 🙂

And hope the story isn't getting boring🥺

Please drop a heart ❤️ if you are liking it.

The next one will be soon (but not tmrrw) so see you....

Till then.. bye.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

92.5K 6.5K 71
He fell in love with the girl he had a one-night stand with. When her true nature revealed, he hated himself for loving her and decided never to see...
79.7K 6.1K 44
Infertility! A simple word but can create havoc in a woman's life. Specifically, if that said woman's husband is having an affair with his long-time...
1.8M 59.5K 40
"I will never marry you." I said in a low voice filled with venom. He moved close. His hands moved to my waist. His hold was firm. His face was so cl...
1.2M 36.3K 50
I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into his chest. Shit. Fuck. He buried his fa...