A Deal in Disguise

By sleepytinker__

Looking straight in my eyes he said "I didn't like the way he was staring at you." I bit my lips "And how was... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTERS
CHAPTER 1: WHO IS VINCENT?
CHAPTER 2: A PROPOSAL
CHAPTER 3: A DEAL?
CHAPTER 4: NOT A HEARTS AND FLOWERS KINDA GUY
CHAPTER 5: A MARRIAGE BOUNDED BY A DEAL
CHAPTER 6: RUDE ASS
CHAPTER 7: DANGER!
CHAPTER 8: SECRETS
CHAPTER 9: A FRIEND
CHAPTER 10: GETTING CLOSER
CHAPTER 11: BETRAYAL
CHAPTER 12: THE NICE ONE
CHAPTER 13: "Don't leave."
CHAPTER 14: LIES
CHAPTER 15: STAYING AWAY
CHAPTER 16: HURT
CHAPTER 17: APOLOGIES
CHAPTER 18: 2 down, 4 more to go...
CHAPTER 19: "Don't involve yourself in this mess"
CHAPTER 20: "Sometime it's the situation to be blamed"
CHAPTER 21: "Spain it is then."
CHAPTER 22: "It'll be fun babygirl."
CHAPTER 23: Or is it wrong because you love Olivia?
CHAPTER 24: And it's now too late to stop
CHAPTER 25: "Do you regret last night?"
CHAPTER 26: I can't get him, even if I try
CHAPTER 27: It's like he doesn't care about me anymore
CHAPTER 29: "Every story has two sides"
CHAPTER 30: "You should hate me for whatever I have done"
CHAPTER 31: "Trust is earned, Rafael."
CHAPTER 32: He is Vincent for me.
CHAPTER 33: I want to sleep peacefully
CHAPTER 34 : "Just know one thing I can never hate you."
CHAPTER 35 : "She is a Martinez now not a Cameron"
CHAPTER 36 : "I fucking love you, Hazel Martinez."
CHAPTER 37 : "She's the only thing that keeps me sane."
CHAPTER 38 : "A betrayal in the mafia cannot be forgiven."
CHAPTER 39 : "But I wanted you both in my life."
CHAPTER 40 : "Just stay."
EPILOGUE
ALESSANDRO
BILLIONAIRE'S REVENGE

CHAPTER 28: How will I stop him?

48.9K 2K 290
By sleepytinker__

HAZEL MARTINEZ

"He will kill him Haze. You can't stop him."

I stopped struggling.

He was right, there's no use of yelling, this man in front of me is someone I don't know, someone complete stranger to me.

He doesn't even care that the gunshots could affect me.

I can't do anything to stop him.

He was punching Uncle with those knuckles fixed in his fingers. He stabbed him continuously in his hand, until Uncle was half dead. Uncle was barely able to open his eyes, he was bleeding, screaming in pain but it was like Rafael wasn't able to hear any of that.

He stopped when he was sure that Uncle was almost lifeless, barely able to move or speak.

Never have I seen this side of anyone not even those people who killed Mom and Dad.

But yes he does remind me of them, maybe he too was involved in killing my Mom and Dad. Maybe? No. Not maybe. He killed my Dad, Simon said it was Vincent.

"We'll meet again Christopher." He said breathing heavily then picked up the gun from the chair and pointed it at Uncle "in hell."

With that he pulled the trigger... He shot Uncle in the head.

I remained rooted at my place as Uncle's lifeless body remained on the chair covered with blood, his eyes were still open. I couldn't even go near him I was so scared I just saw him dying in front of my eyes and again I didn't do anything.

I could feel myself shaking on my place.

Just like I didn't save Dad, I didn't save Uncle. I could have saved him but I didn't.

For once my eyes landed on Rafael to see him looking at Uncle with a look of satisfaction in his eyes.

He looks so scary and I hate to admit it but I am scared of him. I am scared of Rafael. I am scared of the man whom I was thinking to be my saviour even a few hours ago.

Rafael wiped the blood from his hands and took off those brass knuckles. He said to his men "I want this place cleaned up and the body let it be here I am sure Simon will get it."

His men nodded.

I could feel his gaze on me this time but my eyes were fixed on the lifeless body in front of my eyes with tears continuously rolling down my cheeks.

"Take her to the mansion. I'll be there in an hour." He ordered and was about to leave but when he walked past me, I held his hand stopping him.

"Why don't you kill me too?"

He turned towards me with his brows furrowed, I looked at him taking my eyes off the dead body.

"Why am I alive Mr. Vincent?"

"Because I need your brother and I can hurt him only by hurting you then finally kill him."

I shook my head "I won't let that happen."

"You can't do anything to stop me."

He was right. How will I stop him? I don't even know his plans of getting Simon. But I can't just let Simon die.

No.

I have to think something.

First Mom-Dad.

Then Aaron.

And now Uncle.

No. I'll not let him kill Simon.

Suddenly a thought crossed my mind.

He needs me to get Simon. Yes he does. Without me there's no other way Simon would come out of his hiding.

I smiled trying to act brave "You are wrong, I can stop you."

He stared at me.

I snatched the gun that he had on his waist and pointed it at him, he didn't seem to be affected by it. He didn't even flinch once like he was used to these kind of situations.

"You think you can save Simon by killing me? Let me tell you, you are wrong. There are people who will complete that mission for me, even if I die."

I shook my head "No. I ain't gonna kill you. I don't know about you but I can't kill the person I love even if that person has caused worst to me."

I turned the gun to myself pointing it at my head "Without me, you're not gonna get Simon."

His jaw clenched at my actions. I can clearly tell he was surprised by my move.

"I have other ways Hazel, I chose you because you were easier."

"Then my death wouldn't do you any harm. I am done, seeing everyone die one by one. I am done with all your betrayals. It's better if I die atleast no one will hurt me anymore."

He once looked at the gun I was holding then back at me.

Connor took a step towards me trying to get closer but I moved away "What is wrong with you Haze!? It's not funny! Put the fucking gun down!"

"Don't come near me."

Rafael stopped him then spoke "Go on. Shoot."

I have to agree I was surprised when he said that, I didn't expect that. Slowly I closed my eyes, my hands were shaking.

Dying will be a better option Haze to get rid of this selfish world.

Come on Haze, just pull the trigger that's it... End of every pain, you don't have to see Simon dying.

You can do this.

I finally pulled the trigger but nothing happened, when my eyes opened I was totally confused as to why didn't I die, Rafael stood in front of me looking extremely angry this time.

He came close to me and snatched the gun away from my hand "First learn how to use it."

He adjusted the gun back in his waist then instructed Connor to take me to some mansion.

I don't know how was I taken to that mansion. Connor was holding me all the time like he knew I would fall any moment if he left me. He showed me my room and left.

I fell to the floor cowering myself at one corner of the room with my knees to my chest.

No. I am not just scared about what happened today, I am broken. What Rafael did to me hurts. I wasn't this hurt when Connor broke my trust but I am broken when Rafael did the same. I did put too much faith in him.

"Can't everything be just a dream? A nightmare."

"Rafael is not bad. He is not. He has protected me from every bad guy, why is he hurting me now?"

"No. No."

I kept telling myself that everything is a lie but however hard I tried nothing could change the truth. Nothing could change the fact that it is Rafael who killed Uncle, it was him who killed Aaron and it was him who tried to kill me in the mall, at my event and he even went to the extent of stabbing me.

Everything was a lie till now then the care he showed towards me was that too a lie?

"I have to get out of here before he comes back."

I have to reach Simon before he hurts him too. I have to tell Simon that Rafael is the one behind everything or Rafael would kill Simon too.

No. No. No. I can't let that happen. I have to save Simon.

Wiping my tears away I got up from the floor and ran to the large window, I looked down thinking I could escape from the window but it was too high. I can't escape from here.

Again I ran to the door, luckily it wasn't lock. Taking my head out of the door I looked around to check if anyone was around. There were few men at one corner of the floor but they were busy chatting with each other so slowly I opened the door and got out closing back the door. I made my way down the staircase, as soon as I reached downstairs, I could hear voices I looked to my right to see Connor standing there talking on his phone quickly I hid myself trying my best not to get caught.

If I would wait for Connor to finish his call Rafael would surely be back and I can't wait for that. I have to get out of here before Rafael comes back.

I managed to reach the exit door fooling everyone, I am used to sneaking out so it wasn't that hard to reach the exit. I opened the door and got out of the house but as soon as I was out a hand grabbed my arm pulling me back, our chest crashed with each other. I looked at the person... it was Rafael.

My eyes widened I tried to get my arm out of his hold but all my struggle was in vain he wasn't even budging, I hit his chest but nothing. He dragged me back inside the house, a worried Connor came down the stairs running.

"Jesus! You have her I thought she ran away." He said huffing.

"She was running away." Rafael said annoyingly.

"She's good at running." Connor replied smiling.

But Rafael isn't the one to smile at his jokes especially when I was running away and he was about to lose the chance of getting Simon "It was your job Connor to look after her."

"I got busy with the call."

"You got busy? For Christ sake Connor she was running away. You know it very well, I need her." Rafael burst out at Connor.

Connor looked down and said "I'll be careful from next time Vincent."

Of course, Vincent. I hate this name.

"You better be. Ask all the men to be careful I don't want any further carelessness."

Saying that he dragged me upstairs, when we reached the room, he closed the door from behind and left my arm.

I again ran towards the door to get out of this place but Rafael pulled me back.

"Let go of me!" I yelled trying to fight him.

I started hitting him to get out of his grip but nothing was helping.

"You can't fight me Hazel so just stop trying."

But I didn't give up, I kept hitting him "Let me go."

Getting irritated by all my actions Rafael pinned me against the wall "I said stop it!' His voice was loud, and scary.

"You are not going anywhere however hard you try."

While fidgeting I replied "I will get out of here."

"Don't test me Hazel, don't force me to do something bad to you."

"You've already done enough bad to me Rafael. You killed Uncle and Aaron, you played with my feelings."

"I never played with your feelings. I asked you to stay away from me, I warned you not to fall for me. And there is worst I can do to you that you can't even imagine."

I stared in his eyes with a look of disbelief. "You are not the Rafael I know, you are someone else."

"I am a monster that you don't know and trust me you wouldn't want to." He left my hand and moved away from me "Don't try to create problems for yourself you won't like the consequences."

"I don't care."

I again tried to run but he grabbed my wrist stopping me "You. Are. Not. Leaving."

I pulled my hand out of his hold and pushed him "YOU KILLED HIM RAFAEL! YOU FUCKING KILLED UNCLE MERCILESSLY!"

He held my hand and pinned them behind me, his eyes not leaving mine "Listen to me carefully, never raise your voice at me ever again."

He looked really angry. Tears started rolling down my cheeks automatically I don't know why. Maybe because I was hurt to see this Rafael.

"Why? Why? Do you know how much it hurts? You don't. I trusted you even more than Simon."

He didn't reply but his gaze didn't leave mine.

"Why Rafael? You too are like the others, you too enjoyed hurting me."

"I didn't, but I didn't have any choice. You weren't the easier Hazel, you were my only choice. Just killing him would've been too easy for him and I won't give him an easy death. He'll be shattered after knowing the person he trusted with his sister's life is the one to betray him. You were on my list since the day I came to know what you mean to Simon. One by one he'll lose everything, and when he would be in the verge of collapsing that's when I'll kill him."

His eyes remained at mine for sometime then moved to my lips, he stared at them for a moment then left my hand.

"You need anything Connor is there to help you, stop being stubborn."

Saying that he was about to leave when I spoke up again "Why? Why are you doing this? Why do you hate Simon so much?"

"There are few things that's best if kept hidden. I don't want you to hate your own brother."

"Rafael, n-not Simon please." I said almost begging him.

He just stared at me blankly.

"Please don't kill him. He is the only person I have in this world who loves me."

"Well then I'm sorry." Was all he said.

I shook my head "No, please not Simon. I am begging you. He hasn't done any harm to you, not him."

"He has made me this monster. He has made me go down to this level where I have to use his sister."

"Rafael."

"Everything I did till now was to kill him. Your Uncle and Aaron got an easy death but Simon won't, I'll give him the most painful death."

"P-Please."

He took few steps back.

"After I kill Simon, you are free to go anywhere you want."

"No. Don't do this."

He just left the room.

I fell to the floor.

How will I stop him? He is just not ready to listen to anything. How will I even save Simon?

Why Rafael?

Why?

||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||

Chapter 28 is up and the answer to all your questions and confusions will be cleared in the next one.

Just wanted to clear few things

About Vincent's target list

- First one was killed by Connor on Chapter 11 (CONNOR'S POV)

- Second was Aaron Cameron

- Third was Christopher Cameron

Three more yet to come (maybe surprise again there too🙂)

About who is the man, who stays with Rafael (his Dad) you'll get to know in the next one.

Any questions you can drop it here👉

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.

I'll see you in the next one soon ig.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5M 648K 52
"Curiosity killed the kitty Miss Adams." My body stiffened. Slowly I turned around just to see Mr. Parker standing in front of me with hands in his...
1.8M 81.3K 51
"Stop pretending. Boyfriend, right? With whom you'll be hanging out once Eth and your Dad are gone." I stared at him in disbelief. "What more things...
92.5K 6.5K 71
He fell in love with the girl he had a one-night stand with. When her true nature revealed, he hated himself for loving her and decided never to see...
1.8M 59.5K 40
"I will never marry you." I said in a low voice filled with venom. He moved close. His hands moved to my waist. His hold was firm. His face was so cl...