FIRE AND GOLD ▸ JOHN MURPHY (...

By yestarday0

Inanna was sent to the ground with the other 99 delinquents. While looking for her friend, she's kidnaped by... More

introduction;
graphics.
trailer.
part one; lost and found
one; white empty room
two; run things
three; tent sharing
four; rescue services
five; jasper
six; hanging tree
seven; edge of the cliff
eight; charity project
nine; comeback
ten; feelings
eleven; fighting
twelve; real rescue services
thirteen; infernal maps
fourteen; friends
fifteen; it's a goodbye
sixteen; wounded back
seventeen; rippers
eighteen; frankenstien
nineteen; spacewalker
twenty; trip to memory land
twenty-one; best friends
twenty-two; wrong choices
twenty-three; minefield
twenty-four; sea creature
twenty-five; together
twenty-six; becca's wardrobe
twenty-seven; last tear
twenty-eight; fake commander
twenty-nine; price of life
thirty; less-enemies
thirty-one; city of light
thirty-two; stolen memories
thirty-three; end of the world, again
thirty-four; keryonjaka
thirty-five; arkadia
thirty-six; apologies
thirty-seven; cries and lies
thirty-eight; broken machine
thirty-nine; five years and earth apart
part two; game of survival
forty-one; wonkru
forty-two; fighting pits
forty-three; dark year
forty-four; war
forty-five; worms
forty-six; secrets and natblida
forty-seven; ruler for the day
forty-eight; last chance
forty-nine; failure
fifty; no more charity project
fifty-one; guilty
fifty-two; it should have been me
fifty-three; cockroaches can swim
fifty-four; kinky and homicidal
fifty-five; primes

forty; half rations

277 5 0
By yestarday0

"Octavia needs you. The same way you need her."

forty-six days later

"Come on, Cosmos, fight!" I tell the man in front of me as I swing the blade on the air as his' moves uncontrollably.

He was stressed, and it could easily be noticed by the way he was fighting. Always using his strength, never using his brain.

He tries to hit me but fails. I easily hit my elbow on his back and he falls into the gym mat under us.

"I thought you better." I give him my hand for him to grab, which he quickly pushes away and gets up on his own. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"You're never satisfied with what I do." He looks down at me and I scoff.

"I'll be satisfied when you kick my ass." I roll my shoulders and grab my weapon from the ground. "Again."

He does the same thing and gets in his fighting position. When I look behind him, I notice Delphia standing at the door looking at me with a small smile.

"The delegates have assembled." She informs me and I take a deep breath looking at Cosmos. "Octavia's getting dressed, you should too."

"Do I need to go? It's only one person per clan." I ask her and she widens her eyes a bit when I mention various clans.

Cosmos looks between the two of us away but I touch his shoulder, stopping him.

"We keep training when I get back," I tell him, releasing my grip him. "Keep training, use your brain, not your body."

He walks out and Delphia gets in, closing the door behind her.

"Inanna, you're a leader. You and Octavia rule."

"I didn't win the conclave, Del." I remind her.

"But you're known for what you used to do in Polis." She gets closer and touches my forearm. "Octavia needs you. The same way you need her."

I nod at her and she nods back and me opening the door to the hallway. I dress in my normal clothes. Black leather pants, a corset, and a black shirt underneath it. Delphia braided my hair and I painted my eyes. We walk as fast as we cam towards Indra and Octavia who was waiting for us.

My boots hitting the floor could probably be heard from outside the bunker from how fast I was walking.

"You're late," Indra states looking at us.

"Sorry."

Octavia was dressed as the commander. She hated it but Indra insists on it. Before the doors open, Delphia puts her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm proud of you." She mutters as the guards open the doors and we both walk into the room, Indra walking behind us.

There were twelve people sitting in the circular table in the middle of the room, only three free chairs.

Octavia sits on the one in the middle while I sit at her left side, by Kane, and Indra sits on her right side by a woman from another clan.

One of the women started arguing about Cabor kom Delphikru stealing blankets, this argument went on for a while before any of us say anything. Soon enough they were talking about separate clans.

"Then what punishment does Osleya impose?" The woman asks after a while.

"For stealing blankets? Give them back." Octavia replies as if it was the most obvious thing ever. "What's next?"

Before anyone is able to speak, Kane shushes us as we start hearing thumping outside. Everyone looks up trying to understand where this is coming from.

"Someone's out there." Kane gets up and walks away to call Abby and to dress the radiation-free suit.

* * *

We weren't getting out of the bunker. The only way out was blocked by the Polis tower that had fallen onto it. We were in the main office, my heart as faced as it could be, hundreds of grounder outside.

Jaha gets in with a woman I didn't know and Abby looks up at him.

"I take it you already know."

"Everybody knows." He replies.

"Why is she here? She's not an engineer." Indra asks looking at the woman from up to down.

"Kara runs the hydroponic farm just like she did on the Ark. You need to hear what she has to say." Jaha explains and I take a deep breath giving her the bunker construction plans.

"Here are the blueprints. Go ahead." 

"I don't need the blueprints. I studied them well enough before taking this bunker for our people." He takes it from my hand putting them back on the top of the table. "You want to know if there's another way out. There isn't."

"Well, this changes nothing. We can't survive outside for the next 5 years, anyway." Kane tells him. "That means we have 5 years to solve this problem. What would it take to cut around the hatch or break through an outer wall? You point me to a weak spot, I'll get you a team that can break through-"

"You're not listening." Jaha interrupts the man. "Even if we could cut around the hatch, which we can't, I'm guessing that the tower collapsed above us, which means thousands of tons of rubble." He states. "As far as the outer wall, that's 12 inches of solid steel surrounded by bedrock. There are no vulnerabilities, and we don't have the equipment to exploit them if there were, not in 5 years, not in a hundred." I take a deep breath looking away from a moment.

"There's a more pressing issue. The hydrofarm's yield won't support us beyond those 5 years. Even if we replace the medicinal fields with food producers and rotate them for nutrient diversity, will eventually lead to a mass die-off." Kara tells us making me take another deep breath.

"For the plants and for us." Jaha finishes.

"Why are we just hearing of this now?" Indra asks her.

"Before now, I could manage it. When she allowed 1,200 people into this bunker, it was based on 5-year calculations." The woman points at Octavia and I look back at her.

"You're blaming me for this? You forced your own people out into that fire, and for what?" Kara keeps talking.

"Get her out of here." Indra mutters.

"This bunker wasn't yours to give..."

"Cooper..." Jaha tries to calm her down but fails.

"Jaha found it. It belonged to us. You had no right."

"That's enough." Kane tells her and she finally shuts up and shows herself the way out.

"What the hell is her problem?" Octavia asks Jaha.

"Kara's father died in the culling on the Ark, and her husband, well, he didn't make the cut for the bunker," Abby explains.

"She's done the math. She knows we'll have to consider population reduction yet again." Jaha states and Octavia looks at me.

"Not a chance. If we need an engineer again, we will let you know." O replies and Indra opens the door for him to get out.

"We should increase the guard presence on every floor. I suggest assigning them to their own clans." Indra suggests as she closes the door.

"I'll segregate meal times and convene the delegates," Kane tells her and we nod.

"Let's just get back to the fact that there are too many people in this bunker-" Abby starts saying but it's cut off by Octavia.

"Let's not."

"I agree. It's not a decision for today, but, as much as I hate to say it, Jaha's righ-"

"Is not in charge here. Neither are you or the delegates. We are, and I didn't save us all so we could just kill ourselves." Octavia looks at Kane and I breathe in.

"Octavia, this isn't a game." Kane looks at her. "What happens if we go to half rations? Does that buy us more time?" 

"Theoretically, yes, but we're already at baseline. It won't be long before we start seeing cases of adaptive thermogenesis, starvation response." Abby gives her medical opinion but it's cut off by Octavia.

"Will we survive or not?

"We'll survive. We'll just wish we didn't."

"Some of us already do," Kane mutters looking at Abby, who doesn't look back at him.

"Then we go to half rations." She decides and I look at her.

"Can we talk for a second? Alone?" I say and Abby and Kane get the hit to fuck off.

Only me, Octavia, and Indra are in the room.

"O, this is crazy. We'll starve."

"Do you have a better idea?" She asks me annoyed with all this as much as me.

"Population reduction-"

"We're not in The Ark, Inanna-"

"We're in worse." I tell her and she looks away. "We have no way out of here. Starving us to death won't solve anything."

"Population reduction will cause chaos." Indra states.

"Look outside.. they know we have no way out. Chaos is inevitable." I look at her.

"We'll go half rations, if things get worst we'll do as you say." Octavia looks at me and I nod not really knowing what else to do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

611 15 26
*I do not own any of the 100 characters other then Lilian Murphy and more characters I add* "I love you Lilian" ...
39.4K 999 32
Akiva Foster. She was locked up for four years for committing a crime that was a life and death situation. If it were up to her, she would do it agai...
1K 86 13
"𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚." OR 「𝘐𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘤...
165K 2.9K 28
[ BOOK ONE ] ❝We are the poisoned youth.❞ Secrets can be more valuable than money. They can save a life, or end one. They're just words, but can do m...