Fairytail: The Legend Of The...

By MKS2810

"๐™ต๐šŠ๐š’๐š›๐šข๐š๐šŠ๐š’๐š•: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š•๐šŽ๐š๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šœ ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š™๐š’๐š›๐š’๐š๐šœ. ๐™ฐ ๐š๐šŠ๐š•๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐š‹๐šŽ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š–๐šŽ ๐šŠ ๏ฟฝ... More

Note:
A Day In Hargeon
Lucy Heartfilia
Monsters
The Beast
Beginning Of The End
Fairytail
The Luckiest Day
Natsu Dragneel
From 12 Years Ago In Past
Escaping The Past
Across The Ocean!
The Mission In Galuna
Unexpected Encounter
Curses of Tartaros
|โ€ข|โ€ข|โ€ข|โ€ข|โ€ข|
Dusk Of Arrival
The Tale of the Tragedy-I
The Tale of the Tragedy-II
Fire & Ice
All For One
The Plan For Survival
Clash Of Ideals
Distrust And Suspicion
Rush Hours
Disbanded or Dark?
|โ€ข|โ€ข|โ€ข|โ€ข|โ€ข|
Gildarts Of The West
Destinations
'Their' Freedom
Master And Disciple
Team 1
Slavery
Crime Sorciรจre
The Surprise
The Late Night Visitor
Unforeseen
Babysteps
|โ€ข|โ€ข|โ€ข|โ€ข|โ€ข|
The Start Of New Chaos
Grand Entrance
The Conclusion
Reunion
Strange Passerby
The Flower Blooming Capital
Twin Dragons Of Sabertooth
Prison
The Heavy Blunder
The Boy From That Day
Raid On Crocus
"Kill Himari"
Control
Fumes of Darkness
|โ€ข|โ€ข|โ€ข|โ€ข|โ€ข|
Radiants
Dark Age
Two Friends
Teaming Up
Revanche and Redemption
Heavy Hitters
Ezel and Draken
Vessel Of Absorption
Start of Plan 0
His Defeat
Reawakening

The Betrayal

106 4 0
By MKS2810

Chapter-15
Leader Of The Zodiac

°•°|-The Betrayal-|°•°

Lucy, Jellal and Meredy were on their way back to the village back. They chose the path that crossed the forest's to increase their odds of meeting Natsu and Ultear on the way. Loke had already returned to the celestial world.

It's been quite some time now. The decision of choosing the longer path was now being regretted by the trio. Roaming in a tropical rain forest in summers, they surely didn't expected it to be a 'good' choice... did they?

They were sweating heavily, small parasites waiting in their hideouts for a perfect opportunity to taste their blood, especially Lucy's. To make the matters worse, she was the only one with exposed legs. Meredy had a clock to covered hers and Jellal wore full length trousers, which helped them to a great extent

Why is it always her?

"He has a good nose. He would have found us no matter which path we chose." Lucy moans slowly. Jellal does a faint "hmm" as a reply. Meredy slows her pace to walk side by side with Lucy, who was lagging behind.

She leans towards Lucy's ear and then whispers, "I bet he forgot that Natsu has a good sense of smell. But he is trying to act cool by dodging the question."

Lucy slowly shook her head. She wanted to repeat her question but was too tired to do that. She just walks slowly, with Meredy beside her.

"Ah there they are!!!"

Lucy hears a scream. Her ears perk up as she recognizes the voice. At long last, he found them.

She turns around. There he was, grinning like an idiot. But for some reason, it felt nostalgic. Lucy grins back. She looks closely again, her eyes searching for Elvira and Ultear.

As her eyes adjusts themselves, she sees Ultear was behind Natsu. She was walking but Natsu was running. Ah! There is Elvira... holding onto Natsu's hand...?

Lucy jolts back after seeing Natsu running with Elvira's hand in his. Elvira was smiling too. Her sudden jolt makes her bump into Meredy, who was standing behind her.

"Ouch..." Meredy groans in pain holding her nose. Lucy gets flustered. What was she thinking? She turns to Meredy and starts to panic. Nothing came into her mind, all she could do was say half-eaten words that made no sense.

Meredy giggles at Lucy's reaction and then taps her shoulder, "It's alright. Don't freak out!" Even Jellal smiles after seeing Lucy's reaction. This makes Lucy more flustered.

Lucy then feels another tap on her shoulder. It was much heavier. Now her face was visibly red. She turns around to find Natsu's group was already behind her.

"Hey Luce... hey wait why are you red?" Natsu asks with curiousity. His smile turns into a toothy grin. "Don't tell me you need to pee-"

"WRONG!!!" Lucy yells kicking him in his face. He flies into the forest.

"That was brutal." Elvira says, giggling too. It looked so natural... the one that they hadn't seen since they met her. She really did changed after all.

Lucy takes a quick scan of her surroundings. It was cheerful environment. Everyone, including Jellal, was either smiling or giggling. Lucy starts to giggle too. Even she found her actions funny and idiotic now.

"It is not funny." Natsu yells, removing leaves and sticks of the bush he was thrown in. He breathes heavily to calm down and then looks around. "Wait? Where are they? Where is Happy and Loke?"

"Happy...? Huh!!! Where is Happy?" Lucy realizes that they have not seen him from the morning, after they split up.

"He must be at the village." Jellal reassures her. Lucy nods. Natsu was confused when no one talked about the other individual. "Hey... where is Loke?"

"It's a long story... Let's talk about it later." Lucy replies. As she said this, a thought flashed in her mind. "Natsu!!"

"Yeah... that's my name?" Natsu asks, confused at the sudden rage.

"Don't tell me that you knew that Loke is a celestial spirit?"

"Eeeek!!! That four eyes revealed himself this early?" Natsu says in a disappointed voice. "He is so lame!"

"You KNEW, didn't you?" Lucy repeats, insisting on the word 'knew'. Natsy grimaces and looks sideways, "Kind of..."

"Kind of... huh? And you both played a trick on me?" Lucy says in a demonic voice clenching her fists, walking towards Natsu. She was not in a mood to let Natsu off with this one.

Natsu gulps and bows down on his knees, "Yes your majesty. I am sorry." Praising Lucy was the only trick that worked in such situations... at least until now.

"And you decided to hide it. You really need some punishment, don't you Natsu?" Lucy sadistically smiles, ignoring the apology of Natsu. Her fingers were twitching with the very thought of this 'punishment'.

Natsu jumps up, almost losing his balance while landing. "No anything but that!!" He screams in fear. Lucy's sadistic smile grew bigger.
"No...it will be that."

Things were really getting worse. He needed to escape right now. Natsu points his palm towards Lucy and them says,"I have a important meeting with the celestial king!"

He disappears after saying this, without wasting a single second. It was the right call in this situation.

Lucy was satisfied with the results. She should have known that Natsu knew Loke. Why wouldn't he? Loke is the leader of the zodiac spirits. He must be popular in the celestial world too! Now that she thinks about it, he was even about to call Loke by his true name in the train.

Lucy slaps her cheeks gently. She now really found it idiotic. Loke's truth was revealed by Natsu much earlier and she was not able to guess it.

She sighs and then mutters, "Ah just leave it. Both of them are safe and happy. That's what matters in the end."

She turns around joyfully to face her teammates... aaannd....it made her feel really uncomfortable to say the least. Her comrades were staring at her in disbelief. Was it the same kind and gentle Lucy they were walking with a few minutes ago?

Lucy, not knowing what else to do, smiles innocently and says softly, "You all need something?"

This breaks everyone's eye contact. They all shook their heads in denial. Everyone wanted to ask about this 'punishment' but then again, no one had the courage to do so.

They start to walk towards the village without saying a word. Lucy shrugs and follows them. There was an awkward silence until they reached near the village.

"We will be taking our leave from here. Mard Geer probably won't attack again. But just to be safe, I will stay here for 2 more days." Jellal announces turning away from the village.

Elvira looks at Meredy. "So you guys... are leaving him alone?"

"Yes... We kind of have some things to check out in the other suspected location of Grimoire Heart. But it's not a big deal. It ain't the first time. He can defend himself without us and anyways, it's not like Mard Geer will really return again."

"Oh, that's good." Elvira says joyfully.

Meredy then looks at Lucy, "It was nice to meet you Lucy and Elvira. Give Natsu and that creep our goodbyes.", and then joins Jellal.

Ultear gives a final look at the Lucy.

Lucy looked confused, perhaps by what Meredy said.

Ultear smiles and says her last words before leaving, "Mard Geer won't return because Julius told Elvira that their real target was specimens of demons. Turns out that the demons here don't get mutated for being the 'vessels' they wished for. Rest easy!" Then she runs away joining Jellal and Meredy.

They soon disappear in the shadows, the way they appeared on the coast.

Lucy still stood dumbfolded. Elvira cheerfully grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the village. It was rare to see her take the initiative. She really did changed after meeting Natsu in the forest. What did he do to her?

Lucy grows red again. Seriously...what is she thinking?!! She does not resist her body being pulled by Elvira. She doesn't mind it either since Natsu pulled her more intensely at times. It was nothing new.

The door was wide open. They entered without sneaking or anything of that sort. The village looked barren... which was only expected after what happened. Lucy and Elvira just knew where they will find all the villagers.

They ran towards the peripheral side of the village. There they were, all the villagers. Happy was there too, standing outside the crowd. Almost everyone was mourning. Lucy and Elvira silently joined the funeral of those 5 unlucky people.

~•~

3 years ago

It is the story of the leader of the zodiac, Leo. Loke, along with Aries, a spirit of ram, and Virgo, a spirit of maiden, were all under contract of a exceptionally talented celestial mage, Karen Lilica.

(Karen is still considered the most powerful celestial mage. And also, she is still alive presently.)

Owning 3 golden keys is no joke. Moreover, her magic power was tremendous. She was able to summon 2 spirits at the same time, the feat that Lucy managed to achieve just recently. She was able to do it 3 years ago. No doubt that she must be stronger now...

Karen was rich and beautiful. Her revealing and attractive clothes added to her charm. On first sight, she looked like a perfect mage, a perfect mage anyone can think of.

But there is always something wrong with perfect.

In her case, the only downside was her dual attitude towards her spirit. She used her spirit as an object, just opposite of Lucy's ideals. She didn't hesitate to make Aries clean up her mess when she forgot to go on a date with men. There were many in the queue those Aries had to satisfy.

They all paid hell lot of amount of money, all collected by Karen. No credit to her spirits. Karen at times punished Virgo for fun. Virgo had a liking for such things, but Karen went one step ahead. Instead of physical violence, she used verbal abuse. This really stressed Virgo at times, despite her lust.

Then there was Leo, the leader of Zodiac spirits. Karen used him only in battles, not for other purposes. She believed that he was strong and treating him like others might become messy. So she never stretched the strings too far with him, but Leo was pissed with the way his friends were treated.

One day, the limits of patience broke. Karen was holding back Aries in the human world for some accusation she heard on baseless rumors. There wasn't much point in trusting vague words of the mass, but where's the fun in leaving her alone?

She was in her room, abusing Aries when Leo decided to end these things for once and for all.

~POV CHANGE~

Loke switches places with Aries, who was tied with a rope. The place where Aries was standing once got replaced by Leo in an instance.

It took a moment for Karen to process it.

"W-What are you doing here?!!" She yells when Aries suddenly disappeared and Leo appeared in front of her, tied with ropes.

Leo was not in the mood of formalities. "What do you think you are doing?" He asks in complete seriousness, breaking the rope that restrained him.

"It's not your business!"

"It is!" Leo replies.

"...you are annoying." Karen yells again swinging Leo's key in the air. "Forced gate closure!!"

Nothing happened.

Leo adjusts his glasses as Karen stood in front of him, clueless.

"This is wrong. This is just wrong. You should not be able to stay here." She curses slowly in annoyance.

"I am the leader of zodiac spirits. Naturally, I am not bounded solely by your magic." Leo walks towards the couch and then continues, "Your fighting style is using two spirits at one time and using their combined attack to overwhelm your opponent. It's a hard trick to do, but once mastered, it gives unreal results."

Leo gets seated comfortablly on the couch, leaning forward towards Karen.

"What do you want?" Karen keeps Leo's key back in the purse she always carried. "...just give up if you think you can lecture me.'

Leo smiled and said, "Just one thing. Break your contract with me, Aries and Virgo. You were not a good owner but wh-"

Karen breaks into laughter. Leo stops speaking.

The laughter continues for a few minutes. Leo sighs and folds his arms, waiting for her to stop.

Karen soon stops, suddenly, and then says in a serious tone, "Don't kid me. There is no way I am giving up my three golden keys just like that!"

Leo gets up from the couch. "You will. You will and with your own choice."

"Like hell!" Karen says. "I am not releasing a single one of you."

Loke keeps his hand on his finger rings. "Will you be able to say that again in future?"

"Do your worst." Karen replies getting ready for a fight. She got into a stance, taking out a small magic handgun she always kept with her.

"Attacking your owner is a unforgivable crime, a taboo for spirits, something that I don't intend to do either." Leo says walking towards Karen.

Karen lowers her handgun and smirks nervously, "Then what are you gonna do...LEADER OF ZODIAC?"

Leo doesn't reply until he gets past Karen, almost outside the room. He says without looking back, "As I mentioned, you use two spirits to fight. You have no experience to fight with one key."

Karen's eyes widen as he says this. Her anger could be felt...

"I will stay in this human world, sapping your energy bit by bit. I will not return until you decide to end our contracts. Meet me at the ruins when you have changed your mind."

Leo shuts the door behind him and leaves for the ruins.

He took a glance back, but Karen didn't follow him. With a sigh, he walked on, giving his greetings to master Bob, the master of Blue Pegasus, on his way out the guild.

Karen was standing still in her room, recollecting what Leo said once again. She realizes that he got her bad this time...
It is as of she has summoned him, but he will not fight for her. With her limits being 2 spirits at a time, she can only summon one more spirit. She can't summon 3 spirits at a time, can she? There was no way she can fight with one spirit either.

~POV CHANGE~

Days passed. Leo was still strong on his resolve. He will not return if Karen doesn't release him and his friends. Of course staying in earthland was eating his life away slowly and slowly. The pain was hard to tolerate, but not nearly enough to shake his resolve.

According to him, if he can achieves his goal, it is all worth it.

Karen was getting it worse than Leo. Every day, her expenses were making her more stressed. She wanted money, and for that she needed to go on a job. For going on a job she had to either practice to fight with one spirit or release all her zodiac spirit.

The first option was not approachable as she needed money... quick. Training with one spirit, getting to know them more personally and knowing their weakenesses that were covered by the other spirit earlier was both time consuming and hurting Karen's pride.

Days passed and passed. Both Leo and Karen suffered the pain and stress together.

Both sitting on the peak of stubborn persistence.

Finally after a month, Karen came to a decision. She walked over to the ruins to find her strongest zodiac spirit.

~POV CHANGE~

"Hey Leo!!!"

Leo lifts his head up. He was sitting on a big rock, facing at the ground, as if he was thinking something. He smiled as he saw that the one who called him was his master.

"Why are you here?" He asked slowly. His voice was cracked from pain. Karen tired to smile but failed. She cannot accept that attitude from anyone. But for now, she managed to maintain her composure.

"What do you think?" She asked innocently. Leo was a bit surprised by the drastic change in Karen's personality. He kept his shock hidden and replied, "Are you here to breach the contract?"

Karen sighs and starts to walk towards Leo. She opened her mouth to speak. This time her voice was a little seductive. "What do you say about this? I will never mistreat any of my spirit. I will never abuse anyone and do whatever you say. Whatever you say..."

She reached out her hand to touch Leo's face but Leo jumps back before she could do anything. "If you don't want to break the contract, then I have nothing to talk about."

"Just listen-"
"DON'T!!!" Leo yells before Karen could say another word.

She stood frozen in her spot. Her composure drops. She starts to growl slowly out of rage and then leaps towards Leo. She manages to catch him by his collar and screams at him.

"Just go back you annoying pest!!." She punches Loke in his face. Loke doesn't resist. He falls back form the impact. "I swallowed my pride to plead from nobody like you and the reply you give is this??!!" She kicks Loke in his gut as he lying down. His glasses had shattered into pieces because of the punch.

"I even said that I won't torment Aries anymore and all you did was just deny me? ME??!!??" She yells harder, insisting on every word and stomping Leo under her heels. It was painful. But Leo endured it.

"Just die you little piece of crap!! Because of you I don't have a penny in my pocket!! Yea... It is all your fault that I had to borrow money from those stupid men!! DIE DIE DIE!!!!" She continues to yell at him and beat him for few minutes more. Leo endured all of it. He did not fight back...

•••

"You...why you ..." Karen pants from exhaustion and fall on the ground. Leo looks at her and then slowly rises up. He was bruised badly.

"Look Karen... you don't have much magic left... what about breaking the contract now?" Leo asks. He was panting too, mayhe even more than Karen.

Karen closes her eyes and sighs. She gets up too and takes out her handgun from the purse. She points it at Leo, and, without any moment of hesitation, shoots the bullet. It pierced Leo's chest directly, making him fall back on the rock he was sitting on. He wasn't expecting this... His eyes remain wide open and his mouth spits out some blood.

"What about it? Gonna go back now?" Karen asks, panting from the magic she used to shoot the bullet. Leo, pulls himself back stiffly and smiles at her behavior. "NO!" He replies, trying to stop the bleeding from his chest.

Karen wanted to shoot again, this time in his head but was almost out of magic. She fell on the ground again. Her legs and arms were not helping her this time.

Leo's smile doesn't vanish. But Karen's did. She was not smiling like she was when she entered the ruins. Leo won in the battle of perseverance, more reason to accept what he was saying because she can't win it.

Karen breathes heavily from exhaustion.

"Alright!! I will do as you say!!" She says. Her energy was not sufficient to scream. Leo clenches his chest more tightly, trying to numb the pain and looks at Karen with hope in his eyes,"Really?"

Karen smiles, "Yes, my dear lion."

Leo couldn't contain his excitement. He stands up, despite his condition, barely maintaining his balance.
Karen takes Leo's key out and starts to chant, still sitting on the ground.

"Oh, Gate of the Lion's palace, the spirit of Leo! I release thee from all the contracts that bind you with this mortal world and myself, Karen Lilica. May the stars witness and guide you to the future. RELEASE!" The key brightly shines and then disappears from her hand. Leo starts to emit light too.

Karen looks at him. He looks at Karen back.

"Huh? Why doesn't he disappear and go back to the celestial world already?" Karen mumbles. Leo hears it and replies, "I won't go until you free all of us." His voice was still engulfed with pain, but the determination in his words was the same.

Karen sighs and then gives a sadistic stare at Leo, almost in pity. He flinches back from her glare. "Well looks like you won't go back. Alright, I don't mind. Oh... I didn't mention it, did I? Well... nothing better than present! Let me tell you something. I WON'T BREAK ANYONE ELSE'S CONTRACT"

"You are kidding..." Leo mumbles slowly in shock. His voice finally cracks as despair takes over. He never thought Karen will do anything like this.

"Oh what's with that look? Gonna cry?" Karen laughs standing up on her knees. She smirks loudly for the last time and heads for the exit. "Of course I would choose keeping 2 keys over none!"

Leo tries to run after her but loses his balance and falls on his spot. "Karen!!! Please! Don't do it!!! Please!" He begs, trying to crawl if he can't run...

Karen gives a glance back. He was on the verge of crying. His determination has already shattered into countless pieces. She sighs and then ignores him. "Leader of the Zodiac...? What a joke."
She continues to walk towards the exit.

"Damn it all..." Leo curses punching the ground with his fist as hard as he could.

"If I find your key again, I will make sure that I either break it again or keep it in the worst condition you can ever dream of. Maybe torture Aries in front of it?" She says casually and then finally leaves.

Leo was too tired to move another muscle. He turned his body towards the sky, laying with his back on the ground. "Curse you Karen. I won't... I can't return back to the celestial world now! I won't!!! What kind of leader will return back as if nothing happened?!!" He shouts at the sky in rage.

~POV CHANGE~

Leo changed his name to Loke and started a new life after getting his wounds patched up from a local hospital. He vowed that he will free Aries and Virgo one day but ironically, the incident with Karen made him stay away from celestial wizards. It was really traumatizing.

He used his magic to stay on earthland till he could. He will complete his vow. If not, then he will die but will not return back.

He spent time with girls. He changed his behavior in hopes to calm his chaotic mind. He wanted to distract himself from the fact that he failed as a leader. But even this didn't work. Each and everyday, the day of his insult, the laughter of Karen echoed in his mind.

Ar first, he wanted to find a strong celestial wizard that he could trust and the one who could take revenge on Karen, but none of those he found was capable. Heck some of them didn't had enough magical energy to summon his or any zodiac gate. He. ultimately gave up on that idea.

Blue Pegasus. This was the guild from which that women...
He did not hold any grudges from master Bob or the wizards from Blue Pegasus but always got infuriated whenever that name was mentioned.

He joined Fairytail, a guild that was even greater than Blue Pegasus and one day he met Lucy. On the first sight, he thought that she will be the same, frail and unreliable, and decided not to make any contact with her.

But in the train to Hargeon, he realized something. He realized that he can still save Aries and Virgo.

Lucy... she was not like any celestial wizard he has met. Her heart, her observatory skills, her concern, her innocence... she was the one he has been looking for. If someone was greater than her, then it had to be Layla. He even suspected that Lucy was Layla's daughter. His fire of revenge went cold after he finally met a celestial wizard like her.

(Lucy being Layla's daughter was later confirmed when he met Capricorn, one of his old friends, in the celestial world after making a contract with Lucy.)

When the fight with Mard Geer concluded, he told her everything. He did not force her to fight for his revenge. Why should he? Why should he make Lucy clean up her mess? But Lucy said it herself. She will fight... fight against what's wrong.

He is definitely going to make her his wife...

As for Natsu, he was a silver key spirit and had friendly contracts with other silver spirits. When Leo disappeared from celestial world, the gossip lasted for months. So he knew all about him. All the spirits sympathized with Leo. But none was able to show their feelings for 3 years...

He must be getting a hell lot of greetings on his return back to the celestial world.

Present day

Elvira, after funeral confirmed all the suspicions. According to her, it was work of Tartaros, the only surviving guild of Balam Alliance. They were experimenting on demons of this island. They wanted to convert them into vessels for demons of Zeref... and themselves. Like an insurance body when the real one dies.

Unfortunately for them, none was successful. In process of making a being into a vessel, they had to kill it first, which made it impossible for anyone to survive after the experiment either.

They decided to do it on the ruins, since no demon could approach them in between their experiment. It was because the village chief restricted everyone to visit them ever since the moon drip incident.

According to her, it was revealed to her by Julius, her best friend when he was choking her to death in the forest before Natsu found her.

Only one experiment was successful. The one that was experimented on Julius. Julius was fully controlled by Mard Geer's personality. He must have been a vessel for Mard Geer...

•••

The village chief was disappointed that Fairytail was not able to capture or defeat the main culprit, but killing Julius somehow satisfied him.

Officially, the job was completed. Lucy chased away the so-called bandits. Though they were much of a monster. It was one sided match actually. Mard Geer was holding back, no doubt. If it wasn't for Jellal and Meredy then who knows what would have happened...

The chief decided to give Lucy the reward as planned, since the job was kind of completed. Lucy resisted for first. Only once. Then she accepted the reward happily without any opposition. Happy even teased her for being greedy but she ignored him.

The moment the village chief handed her the golden key, one could notice that her eyes were sparkling. Her body was already shuddering from excitement. Lucy accepted it with pleasure.

Then without wasting any more time, they decided to leave. They completed the job and prevented any more villagers to be killed. They were heroes for some. But the fact remains that five people were killed.

If they remained any longer, who knows what people might think about them. They might change their point of view. They might blame Fairytail for all the mess.

Lucy wanted to leave a good impression. So it was only logical to leave right now.

Ever villager bid goodbyes to Elvira, Lucy and Happy on the village gate.(None of them questioned about Natsu's or Loke's disappearance for some reason). Some villagers were still sad because of all the happenings.

Aside from them, everyone was cheerful and had a good attitude towards Fairytail. Bobo even offered to carry them to Hargeon with a boat. But Elvira said that she had something in mind for her and Lucy so they had to reject the offer.

Michael joined his guard post as they left the village. Before leaving, Lucy promised to avenge the villagers if she ever faced Tartoros again.

This puts village chief to ease.

Now after another 10 minutes walk, this time it was shorter since they knew the shortest route, they finally reached the coast. It was this coast where they first met.

Lucy stretches her hands in the air and relaxes her body. "We only met yesterday, huh..."

Elvira smiles at this fact. They only met yesterday but feels as if they had known each other for years. Happy sits on Lucy's head and raises his paw in agreement

"Yes. Surprisingly it was only yesterday." Elvira replies cheerfully. It was really drastic. Her personality really changed after Natsu found her in the forest and Julius died. Unable to resist, Lucy finally asks.

"So... umm... why are you...kind of-" Lucy was asking hesitantly but Elvira interferes, "Happy? Or Cheerful?" Elvira asks.

Lucy nods slowly. She was not wanting to be this straightforward.

Elvira laughs at Lucy's failed attempt of kindness. "No don't get so formal with me too. I know what you are thinking. My closest friend died and I was not trusting you a day before. And now I am laughing with you...I am really messed up ain't I?..."

"No...I don't mean it that way-".

"No, it's okay. I am surprised myself too. Maybe it was the words if Natsu that he spoke after defeating Julius..." Elvira says, blushing a bit.

Lucy feels jealously. Why? Heck! she don't know it herself.

Of course, she wanted to ask just what in the world Natsu said... but Elvira was not in a mood of letting her speak.

"And oh I forgot. I will stay here for one more night. Please use this." Elvira says almost instantaneously.

By now, they were on the edge of the island.

Elvira moves her hand in the air as small ancient letters start to appear. "Water make: Raft!" She says. The letters collect themselves and molds into a raft!

She did not use both her hands to take the stance of maker magic. This spell and her technique was really advanced. Lucy gasps in amusement. She, with Happy in her hands, hurries towards the ocean water and steps onto the raft to check it.

The raft was solidified water that was floating over water. It was not ice. It was solid water. It was hard as log though. Lucy seats herself comfortably on water floating above water.

She glances at Elvira. Elvira was waving a goodbye. "Wait this was it? Now she is leaving? What? that was quick!!" Lucy thinks. She wanted to talk more, swim back to coast, but still waves a goodbye back.

Elvira chants something else that Lucy is not able to hear and the boat starts moving. She really was a good water wizard! Was that being weak a lie?

Lucy doesn't think much about that. She was lost in thought that what might Natsu have said before leaving. Lewd thoughts flooded her mind which made her red at times.

•••

Elvira stops gazing at the ocean after the raft vanishes in the horizon.
She looks at her palm and then at the sky. Her face was looking really depressed after Lucy left... it was quiet all of a sudden. She sighs and mumbles.
"Natsu's last words were join Fairytail. There you can find real friends."

Really peculiar things started happening from this point.

There was another drastic change in her emotions. She got furious in an instant and then snapped her fingers. The water in front of her formed a giant pillar. It was made out of anger.

"Fairytail...Fairytail....FAIRYTAIL!!" Elvira yells with annoyance, stomping the sandy ground. "You will pay for this!!! You stole my body and now I am stuck inside her!!!!"

Her innocent face was now looking very devilish and shady. "What was his name again? Natsu... yeah it was Natsu. Who knew he could use curses too... damn. I must tell master about him... he will pay for destroying my body."

Elvira slowly walks towards the giant pillar of water that was standing still. She looks at her reflection in the ocean water. She feels her face and body with her hands, looking at that natural mirror.

"Thank you Elvira. You were a true friend... I won't let your sacrifice be in vain. I will avenge you, on the name of master." Elvira says. No she wasn't Elvira. It was her voice... but mind of a man. It was Julius... no doubt.

Elvira swings her hand sideways, making the giant pillar melt into a wall, and dash towards the direction of Lucy's small raft, which was now not visible. It started gaining momentum slowly... turning bigger each second. She turns and looks at the forest that marked the end of the coast. "Jellal...was it?"

.

Published this before time once again. Ignore the notification if you got any, that is. :'(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.9K 1.7K 43
-COMPLETED | Dec 31, 2019- BOOK 1 High-school student Lucy Heartfilia doesn't expect life to change much when she moves from sunny Clovertown...
547K 16K 45
As Lucy appears in the guild one day, she seems as normal and happy as everyone knows and loves; the girl Natsu and the others have known for a long...
52.8K 1.9K 24
Lucy held the picture in her hands, listening to the deafening roar of her opponent. Juvia and Gray lay on the ground behind her, Gray's body thrown...
181K 6.7K 22
[๐‘๐„-๐„๐ƒ๐ˆ๐“๐ˆ๐๐†] Lucy Heartfilia thought she had it all. She was in the best guild, had the best friends, was allowed to practice her magic. But...