𝙇𝙖𝙘𝙪𝙣𝙖

By N1ya3h

la·cu·na /ləˈk(y)o͞onə/ noun 1. an unfilled space or interval; a gap. Evi Jenson moved to Seattle from France... More

0
Sᴇᴀsᴏɴ Oɴᴇ {1.1}
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
Sᴇᴀsᴏɴ ᴛᴡᴏ {2.1}
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
2.10
2.11
2.12
2.13
2.14
2.15
2.16
2.17
2.18
2.19
2.20
2.21
2.22
2.23
2.24
2.25
2.26 & 2.27
Season 3 {3.01}
3.02
3.03
3.04
3.05
3.06
3.07
3.08
3.09
3.10
3.11
3.12
3.13
3.14
3.15

3.16

2.3K 23 7
By N1ya3h

"Meredith!" Evi shouts as she sees Meredith head appear above the water.

Evi quickly pulls her jacket off and jumps in the water just as Meredith goes back under water.

Evi dives down and swims to catch Meredith's hand.

"What? It's ok. Just think. Where is she? Which way did she go? It's ok. Take your time. Take all the time you need, you're doing great. What is it?" Derek asks Lisa up on the dock.

Lisa spots a red cross sign and walks toward it. "Good." They stop on the dock. Lisa stares out into the water.

"Ok, use your words. Where exactly is Meredith." She points into the water and Derek looks terrified.

Meanwhile in the water Evi continues to swim down trying to catch Meredith, while slowly running out of breath.

She swims a little further and stretches her hand out to grab Meredith's.

She starts to swim towards the surface as fast as she can with Meredith's hand in hers.

Just as her vision goes black she sees another figure jump into the water.

Lisa is standing on the dock staring into the water when a coast guard officer walks up. "Hey kid! Kid! You ok? You need to come with me. Kid?" He picks Lisa up and starts to carry her away.

As he walks away Derek emerges from the water coughing with a very blue and very, very lifeless Meredith in his arms. He places her on the dock and reaches back down and grabs Evi out of the water.

•.•

The ambulance with Derek and Meredith arrive and Evi's right behind theirs.

Bailey is in the ambulance bay to get them. "What do we got?"

"Jane Doe's, hypothermic, drowning." The paramedic says unloading the gurneys.

"They're not Jane Doe, it's Meredith Grey. It's Meredith and Evi." Derek corrects.

"Derek! Derek, Derek, how long have they been down?" Bailey asks.

"I don't know. She's alive they're both alive." Derek says.

"Derek!" Bailey exclaims.

"She's alive."

"Ok, look. I need you to help me get them inside." Bailey says. "Clear a trauma bay, stat! Move it!"

•.•

"They put a 20 gauge IV in but I think it blew." Derek says.

"I'll start a central line but you have to get out of the way." Bailey says.

"We put 3 milligrams of epi down the ET tube..."

"Derek!" Bailey exclaims.

"...this was three minutes ago we should push..."

Richard enters. "Shepherd, get out!"

"I think we should push just one atropine...I think I saw some reactivity in the pupils before the atropine and I think...she might have actually had some cardiac..."

"Shepherd, get out!"

"We need to put an external pacer on just to be sure."

"We need to save her life. You can't do this, we need to do this. Now go! Go." Richard instructs him.

Derek goes in the hall. "Ok, she has a new 18 gauge in her left AC push 1 of epi through it." Bailey says.

•.•

"Evi's pulse is still low." Bailey informs.

"Give me a new warm blanket her temps still only at 80 degrees." Richard says.

"What can I do?" Burke asks.

"She needs an ABG." Richard says.

Monitors start beeping. "Whoa, was that V-fib. Charge to 300. Lets go, lets go, lets go. Clear."

Addison enters. "Back to asystole. Keep compressions going." Richard says.

"Oh, my god." Addison says.

"They're both hypothermic." Burke says.

"Uh, have you tried a warm peritoneal lavage? Or even, a continuous bladder lavage with warm fluids? Could do a thoracotomy." Addison says.

"Get back to the ABG. Come on, lets go people." Richard says.

"How's their temp?" Bailey asks.

"Only up to 81 now." Richard says.

"Push another epi. How many is that?" Richard asks.

"This is our fourth one, sir." Bailey says.

"We've been here 20 minutes." Burke says.

"Still in asystole." Addison says.

"We're losing Evi." Richard says as she flatlines.

•.•

"Her body temp is at 86 degrees. She's not dead until she's warm and dead. We need to warm her up to 98.6 and start her heart." Richard says.

"Yes, sir." Bailey says.

"Let's do a gastric lavage with warm fluids." Richard says.

Once Evi opens her eyes, she's sitting on a beach staring out at the water, with her back against a log.

She furrows her brows and pats her hands all over her body.

She stands up quickly and runs her hands over her clothes.

"Uh.." she says unsure.

She looks around at the empty beach.

"I'm in. Start the warm fluids." Richard says,

"Hold CPR." Burke says.

"Anything?"

"The heart is still, no movement. No fibrillation." Burke says.

"Nothing?"

"Nothing."

"Restarting CPR." Bailey says.

"Where am I? I'm not supposed to be here..." Evi says spinning in a circle.

"What about another epi?" Richard asks.

"We've been pushing epi for an hour and a half now." Bailey says.

"Check another lead." Richard says.

LAsystole in three leads sir."

"What about her temp?"

"Down to 86 degrees." Bailey says.

"86? It's 86 now? It was 89."

"After drop phenomenon." Bailey says.

Evi sits on the log and stares out on the water.

She had no idea where she was or how she got here.

One second she was in the water saving Meredith and the next she was here; on a beach.

Evi's eyes widen in realization. "Oh no, no no no." Evi says standing up.

"I'm dead?" She asks no one in particular. "Am I dead?"

"What about a cardio-pulmonary bypass? Come on! We can do it here." Bailey says.

"Page Burke and the surgical team. Get them here now." He says looking down at Evi.

"I can't be dead... I cannot be dead." Evi says in disbelief.

"Billy, what's her temp?" Bailey asks.

"We're up to 96." Billy says.

"It's good, good, all right." Richard says.

"Now we just have to get her heart beating." Bailey says.

"Ok, draw an ABG, push one of epi, a gram of mac and an amp of calcium." Richard says.

•.•

"How many epi's is that?" Richard asks.

"Six." Bailey responds.

"What's the eternal pacer?"

"It's not catching." Burke says.

"Billy, what's the external body temp."

"98." Billy says.

"So she's warm." Richard says.

"Yes." Burke confirms.

"And dead." Richard says.

"V-fib, that looks like v-fib." Bailey says.

"Shock her at 300."

"Charge." Bailey says.

"Clear." Richard says.

"Turning the pacer up to max." Bailey says.

"If there was any ounce of activity the pacer would have picked it up." Richard says.

"She's been on bypass for almost an hour." Bailey says.

"Ok, one more round of ACLS drugs." Bailey says.

"One more." Richard agrees.

Evi continues to look out at the ocean in front of her, her back pushed up against the log.

She notices a blinding light coming from her right side. She looks over and sees her grandmother.

Almost immediately she stands up.

As if her grandmother heard her thoughts she opened her arms up to Evi.

Evi looks around at the beach before jogging into her arms.

"Time of death, 4:13."

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

AN: I decided to end Lacuna here because I want to rewrite the entire book (not right now- a bit into the future) and also because I don't think I visioned Lacuna being a long term grey's book. That with a combined of not having the motivation to write.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

531K 9K 62
" According to Greek Mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus separa...
704K 15.7K 45
IN WHICH two sisters try to get their lives back on track, while working as interns in the same hospital. With a rough childhood, an absent mother an...
18.4K 887 10
We could be something special if you wanted. grey's anatomy, szn one ━ szn ten cristina yang / female oc
1.2M 29.4K 70
"I don't get it." He shook his head at me, his frustration clear in his eyes. "Why can't you just let yourself be happy, for once?" "What makes you t...