𝙇𝙖𝙘𝙪𝙣𝙖

By N1ya3h

la·cu·na /ləˈk(y)o͞onə/ noun 1. an unfilled space or interval; a gap. Evi Jenson moved to Seattle from France... More

0
Sᴇᴀsᴏɴ Oɴᴇ {1.1}
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
Sᴇᴀsᴏɴ ᴛᴡᴏ {2.1}
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
2.10
2.11
2.12
2.13
2.14
2.15
2.16
2.17
2.18
2.19
2.20
2.21
2.22
2.23
2.24
2.25
2.26 & 2.27
Season 3 {3.01}
3.02
3.03
3.04
3.05
3.06
3.07
3.08
3.09
3.10
3.11
3.12
3.13
3.15
3.16

3.14

638 11 0
By N1ya3h

"Hey, welcome to the Denny Duquette Memorial Clinic. Barring any surgical emergencies you will be working here today." Bailey says as they enter the free clinic.

"Working on what?" Cristina asks observing the empty room.

"Right now, Olivia will be familiarizing you with the protocol for the flu vaccine." Bailey says. they all groan.

"Oh! No, no, no. Don't...don't touch that. That was...79 dollars." Izzie reprimands Alex before he could touch anything.

"Oh, my God. I have got to get out of here. Burke has a bloodless pulmonary valve transplant patient flying in from Denver tomorrow. I should be preparing." Cristina says.

"You don't get to scrub in on that valve trans-location." Alex says.

"How do you know?"

"Because I am." Alex gloats.

"He picked you?" Cristina asks in disbelief.

"You guys ready?" Olivia asks.

"Where is everybody?" Izzie asks Bailey.

"Uh, Grey will be late. O'Malley should be back from vacation-" Bailey begins.

"No, no, no. The patients, the underserved, uninsured population that we're supposed to be helping." Izzie clarifies.

"The underserved, uninsured will come. You'll see. Just watch the door. They will come through it." Bailey says.

"I can't wait...for the first patient. It's gonna be amazing. It's gonna be amazing what Denny's money can do. Right?" Izzie rants.

"Just watch the door, Stevens." Izzie stares at the door. It opens and Mark and Richard enter.

"Dr. Bailey, congratulations on the opening of the clinic." Mark says.

"It is open, isn't it?" Richard asks. They both look at Izzie. "Is Stevens all right?"

"She watching the door, sir." Evi says.

"Okay, then."

"Someone's coming." Izzie says.

George and Callie enter. "Damn it!"

"O'Malley, welcome back. You're late." Bailey says.

"Is O'Malley all right?" Richard asks.

"We got married in Vegas!" George says proudly.

Everyone stops what they are doing and looks at Callie and George. "We're married!" George says.

Alex Laughs. "Dude, she's Callie O'Malley."

•.•

"It's fast, you know? It seems really very fast. Are you...are you even happy?" Izzie asks.

"We're incredibly happy." Callie says.

"Oh yay! Well great! Yay!" Izzie cheers.

George and Callie kiss. "Show her the ring."

"Oh."

"Oh! That's so great. Tiny diamonds are great because you know no one will ever try to steal it." Izzie says.

They both look at Izzie and everyone in the room looks at her in disbelief.

"Ok, that's it. Yang, Burke needs you in Cardio. O'Malley the chief has a surgical patient coming into the pit. Stevens, Karev, Jensen, go find me some patients. I don't care where you get them just get them." Bailey says.

"Congratulations." She says to Callie and George.

"Thank you."
"Thanks."

Bailey walks away.

•.•

Alex and Izzie sit down next to a guy in the waiting room. "Hey. You been waiting long?" Izzie asks.

"Almost an hour."

"Mmm." Izzie hums.

"Are you my doctor?" The man asks.

"I can be. We have a clinic right outside those doors. No wait."

"What's wrong with you?" Alex asks.

"It hurts when I pee."

"Oh!" Both Alex and Izzie exclaim.

"We can help with that." Alex says.

"Yeah, it's easy. It's nothing. We could have you outta here in less than an hour." Izzie adds on.

"Are you hitting on me?" The man asks.

"We need patients. You need doctors. And we just happen to be surgeons." Izzie says.

"You think I need surgery?" The man asks.

"You never know." Alex says.

"It's free. A free clinic." Evi says walking up to them.

"But my co-pays only ten bucks." The man says.

"That's lunch." Izzie says.

A woman coughs nearby. "Sounds like TB." Evi says.

"Yeah. Very contagious." Alex says.

•.•

George enters the clinic. "I need to lay down."

"No, no, no. Wait, hey. Buster, do you know how much it costs to have...these linens laundered?" Izzie scolds.

"I'm sick, shaky and sweaty. My mouth is dry, my body aches." George complains

"Fine." Izzie gives in.

"Uh, Karev, replace O'Malley in the OR." Baey instructs.

"Yes." He cheers.

"Stolen, non-emergent ER cases and a sick hospital staff. This is what eight million dollars buys you." Izzie says.

"Dr. Stevens, I swear on my life, if I hear you say eight million dollars one more time..." Bailey trails off.

"It's not about the money. It's...it's Denny...it's his legacy. It's...I was looking for meaning. This was supposed to be meaningful."

"It will be meaningful." Bailey says.

"Eight million dollars worth?" Izzie asks.

A man and his daughter enter. "Excuse me, are you doctors? Can I...? Are you the doctor?"

"Yes, we are." Bailey says.

"Are you a patient? Like an actual, free clinic patient?" Izzie asks.

"Not me, my daughter."

"So your daughter's sick." Evi says with a smile.

"I'm not sick. Can we please go?" Kelly asks.

"Kelly...finds...suddenly...that she has a need for-" he pulls out a box of tampons. "these products and uh, we were hoping that you might show her how to use them." He says.

"All yours." Evi whispers to Izzie. She then sneaks off tho watch Marina's surgery.

•.•

"What's going on?" Izzie asks.

"Chief figured out the anesthesiologist didn't have time to drop an NG tube so now they have to place one and decompress and repack her intestines and close." Meredith fills her in.

"And they're about to run out of air." Evi says.

"Holy crap! This so beats Tampon training." Izzie says.

"Preston, you'll need to milk the bowel to get out the excess fluid. Pack her and wrap her and get her stable for transport." Richard says through the OR gallery's intercom.

"How's George?" Meredith asks.

"Medically, he's fine. Emotionally, he's a little stunted if you ask me. You don't marry the rebound girl, am I right?" Izzie says.

"You don't marry anyone on a whim." Cristina says.

"I agree." Evi says. "Waay to fast."

"He needs our support." Meredith says.

"He doesn't need us. He's got his Vegas show wife." Izzie says.

"Chief they're at 32 minutes, you gotta pull them out." Mark says.

"How you doing on air?" Richard asks.

"I'm out." Burke says.

"You go. I'll be right there..." Derek says.

"Alone? You can't." Burke says.

Burke passes out, Derek tries to help him and passes out as well.

"That's not good." Cristina says.

The group in the gallery then move down to the scrub room.

Richard has already done in to pull Derek and Burke out. Izzie, Evi, Cristina and Meredith are scrubbed in.

"Ok, damage control. We still have to pack her and wrap her so that she's stable for transport. We work in shifts. One doctor at a time, no one stays in for more than 20 seconds. Dr. Sloan do you want to go first?" Richard says to the group.

"I'm not going in there." Mark denies.

"What?"

"It would be irresponsible for the remaining healthy attending to expose himself to the neuro-toxin. A neuro-toxin whose long-term effects we're still unaware of. So, I'm staying in here." Mark informs.

"I can swim three lengths of my parents pool underwater." Cristina says.

"All right, you're up Dr. Yang. Let's get her masked. Sloan give her the lap pads. You're gonna wet them and pack the cavity." Richard instructs. Cristina enters the OR. "If you feel faint get out. Come on Yang, hurry."

Cristina exits a few moments later. "I packed the wound." She says.

"Dr. Stevens-" Richard begins.

"I couldn't get...I couldn't..." Cristina says breathless.

"Remove the drape and secure the plastic along the sides. It's gotta be tight." Richard tells Izzie and Evi.

They both enter and get to work. "Hurry. Come on. Come on."

"I couldn't...the seal it twisted." Izzie says.

"Okay, the seal needs to be as close to airtight as possible. It'll inflate and then you'll know it's secure." Richard tells Meredith.

Meredith enters. "Come on Grey. Come on." The seal inflates.

•.•

"I'm super scrubbed. I'm minus my epidermis." Cristina says.

"I still feel all fumey." Meredith says.

Callie enters.

"Hey. It's the little women. So what are your plans now? You're not moving in are you?" Izzie asks.

"Nice." Callie says.

"Wait, Callie." George says.

"No, it's..." Callie walks away.

"Wait!" He turns to Izzie. "Unbelievable. You people. You're supposed to be my friends, my closest friends. Callie is an important part of my life now. If you want to drive her away and your masters at it, you'll do it. But if she's gone I'm gone. She's my wife. Calliope Iphegenia Torres is my wife." George says.

"Iphe- Iph-" Evi tries to pronounce Callie's last name. Izzie starts to laugh.

"Don't you dare." George says to the two.

"Okay." They both agree.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 27.9K 156
Fresh from a divorce from Plastic Surgeon Mark Sloan, Sky Rivers finds a new start at Seattle Grace Memorial Hospital. But the past eventually catche...
977K 31.8K 89
𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘵...
531K 9K 62
" According to Greek Mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus separa...
3K 128 9
-𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻'𝘀 𝗗𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗥 𝗖𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗲 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗴𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 �...