Kamala & Doug: A Dream Come T...

By breeoc97

Kamala Harris has just become the first ever woman Vice President in a historic election. She thought that wo... More

the day after the historic win
a brunch with the bidens
stress or something else?
denial turned into reality
the first glimpse
a christmas surprise
tender loving care
the game changing moment
an inauguration gender reveal!
a sexy + romantic valentine's day
announcing the news to the world
cbs this morning interview
romantic date night
a special tattoo + friends visiting!
first ever mother's day
doug's sick day
a surprise beary baby shower!
welcoming devi into the world
just the three of us
devi meets family via zoom!
heading home + devi meets his siblings!
biggest surprise EVER!
senate + house friends visiting!
more family visits!
the babies finally meet!
interview with joy reid
devi is one month old + heading to cali!
visiting shyamala'a grave
the dodgers and giants game!
doug's birthday
kamala's birthday
family cuddles in bed
meeting with the president of france!
devi's 1st thanksgiving
another big surprise
devi's first hanukkah
kennedy center honors
christmas eve party!
a christmas eve gender reveal
relaxing day at home
spending time with friends!
inaugural ball
visiting mama at work!
instagram pictures
a fun brunch with the clintons!
doug gets covid
formula shortage hits home
devi's 1st mother's day
ivy is here | birth announcement
planning the boys' birthday
kamala's weird pregnancy cravings!
devi meets ivy
a birthday surprise!
the macrons are in dc!
a cute morning at the white house
welcoming ivy
meeting grandpa (pt 1)
meeting grandpa (pt 2)

is it time?

1.9K 25 10
By breeoc97

*Kamala's due date is in a few days. She begins to feel signs of labor. Is it baby time? 💙

August 7th, 2021

Today has been a busy day for Kamala and Doug! Jill and Joe went to Camp David to spend a week with their grandchildren, so Kamala and Doug are in charge of a lot of things!

Doug has been busy all day, mostly doing press things, telling everybody to get vaccinated and to have a safe test of the summer!

While Kamala has been doing a lot of talking with cabinet and public officials and staff!

Kamala just had a two hour long meeting with the rest of the presidential cabinet, talking about many issues like Covid, the Afghanistan war, upcoming elections and other topics!

Kamala begins to feel some slight pains every thirty to forty minutes. It doesn't hurt too much but she notices them and it is uncomfortable for a few seconds.

All of the moms in Kamala's life have told her what labor felt like to them, their labor and delivery experiences and Kamala thinks this might be it for her!

Kamala due date with Devi is in a few days, so this could be it and not false labor. Kamala's doctor also don't want her to go over due to risk of preeclampsia and her age.

Kamala vividly remembers Maya going to the hospital five times, thinking it was baby time with Meena but it wasn't.

Kamala finishes her work for the day and gets ready to head home!

5pm
Kamala is finally home after a long and busy day with work and Doug is patiently waiting for her in the living room. He is changed out of his suit and is wearing black Nike jogger sweats and an old t-shirt.

"Hi, beautiful! How was your day?" Doug asks Kamala as he walks over to her, bringing her into a big hug and kisses her deeply.

Doug and Kamala softly kiss each other for a few minutes before looking into each other's eyes, smiling at each other and rubbing each others cheeks.

"It was super busy and long! Got a lot accomplished though which is always good! I can't wait to relax some!" Kamala says with a big smile at Doug.

"Me too!" Doug says as he tenderly kisses Kamala's cheek and then Kamala holds onto Doug's arms as she has another contraction.

"You okay? What's wrong?" Doug says as he rubs Kamala's arms softly and Doug makes her sit down on the couch.

Kamala breathes through the small contraction, before speaking to Doug.

"I have been having contractions since I was in that two hour meeting today. Like every thirty minutes or so. I have drank a bunch of water because Google says it stops them if they are Braxton Hicks ones and they haven't stopped." Kamala says as Doug's face lights up.

Doug knows what to expect with labor and delivery since he has been through two labor and deliveries before with his ex-wife, Kerstin.

"Oh my gosh, really?" Doug asks with excitement Kamala and she nods.

"Mhm. Do you think this could be it?" Kamala asks Doug softly.

"I think it could be! It's not like you have had contractions all through out your pregnancy like some women do. You feel okay?" Doug asks Kamala and Kamala nods.

"Yeah, I feel okay. I'm just really nervous and a little scared." Kamala says as Doug sits down next to her and holds her close, making Kamala feel instantly calmer.

"It's okay. Those are very valid feelings to have, especially with having your first baby. I'm going to be right by your side and I'll help you through this. We are going to meet our baby boy so so soon." Doug says, kissing Kamala's cheek, making Kamala smile.

"I'm really excited." Kamala says softly to Doug with a cheeky grin.

"I'm excited too, honey." Doug says as he kisses Kamala and Kamala kisses Doug back.

"How close apart do the contractions have to be for us to go to the hospital? I know the doctors want them to be kind of close apart." Kamala says to Doug.

"I think ten minutes apart, maybe? We should Google it." Doug says as he Googles the question on his iPhone.

"Yeah, usually between five to ten minutes apart. And you said they are how far apart?" Doug asks Kamala.

"Like every half hour." Kamala says to Doug softly.

"Yeah, we should wait for a little bit before we go. Everything is packed and ready for when we need to go." Doug says to Kamala and Kamala gets annoyed.

"Those are too many guidelines to have a baby." Kamala says playfully, making Doug giggle.

"You are so cute, honey. You are going to be Mama." Doug says, making Kamala smile ear to ear.

"And you are going to be a Daddy again." Kamala says, causing Doug to smile.

Doug and Kamala softly kiss each other a few times and they smile at each later.

"Jill told me before she and Joe left for Camp David that I would have Devi this week. It's like she just knew." Kamala says to Doug with a smile.

"Moms just know, sweety." Doug says to Kamala with a cheeky smile.

"I am just so glad that Jill is like my mom to me through out my whole pregnancy. I really needed that. I have Maya, Kerstin, Meena and other friends for support but I really miss my mom. I just miss her a lot." Kamala says as she begins to tear up and Doug holds her close.

"I know you do. I know. I know she is looking down at you and she is so excited that her first baby girl is finally having a baby. Her first ever grandson." Doug says as he rubs Kamala's back.

"Oh, she would have loved a grandson. She would have spoiled him rotten. She spoiled Meena rotten." Kamala says as Doug chuckles.

"My mom and dad are going to spoil him rotten too. My mom said she has a huge box of things coming for Devi." Doug says as Kamala smiles.

"Oh lord." Kamala says as she giggles loudly.

"Can you tell she can't wait to be a grandma again?" Doug asks Kamala playfully.

"Barb is so stinking cute. I'm just so happy that we have Joe and Jill in our lives. They aren't just our bosses, they are family." Kamala says as Doug smiles and nods in agreement.

"They are. They are going to be the best Nana and Pop to Devi." Doug says softly with a smile and Kamala smiles back.

"Aww, yeah! And your parents are going to be the best Grandma and Grandpa to Devi." Kamala says as she smiles at Doug and rubs his cheeks, causing Doug to smile.

"Well, you need to eat something before we head to the hospital in a few hours. They usually don't give you any food until after the baby is born." Doug says to Kamala.

"Can we have a pizza? I have been craving pizza lately. Oh, and I want pickles too!" Kamala says, making Doug chuckle at her wild cravings.

"Whatever you want to have, sweety. Pizza and pickles it is." Doug says as he kisses Kamala's forehead, making Kamala smile. 

"I love you." Kamala says softly to Doug and she kisses Doug's cheek.

"I love you too! Get some rest." Doug says as he rubs Kamala's legs before walking into the kitchen to make the pizza.

Doug cooks up a cheese pizza for himself and Kamala to have and he also grabs some pickles for Kamala to enjoy!

Doug and Kamala both sit down and enjoy their last meal of just the two of them!

6pm
After dinner, Kamala has been walking around the house because she heard walking around can help speed up her labor some.

Doug films small clips of Kamala walking around the house on his iPhone. Doug plans to make a little birthday video for Devi to have when he grows up!

"Hi, beautiful." Doug says softly to Kamala as Kamala walks over to him.

"Hi, honey." Kamala says with a small grin at Doug.

"I love you." Doug says as he kisses Kamala's forehead.

Kamala hugs Doug tightly and Doug rubs her back and shoulders. Kamala begins to breathe through the contraction.

*Imagine this is Kamala and Doug*

"You okay, sweety?" Doug asks Kamala softly as Kamala nods.

"Mhm, just having another one." Kamala says as she looks at Doug and Doug smiles at her.

"Breathe through it. There you go." Doug says as Kamala breathes through the contraction and it ends.

"Why don't you try and take a nap, sweety. You need to rest before it gets more intense and fast." Doug says as he rubs Kamala's back and kisses her baby bump.

"Okay, I'll try and take a nap. But make sure everything is packed for the hospital, okay?" Kamala asks Doug and Doug nods.

"I will, honey. Get some rest." Doug says as he covers Kamala with his blanket and Kamala smiles.

Kamala lays down on the couch and she manages to fall asleep for a little bit.

8pm 
"Okay, it is now eight o'clock and Mama is just relaxing, looking very cute." Doug says to the camera as Kamala looks up at Doug and playfully covers her face.

*Imagine this is Kamala and she is facing the couch and she is leaning on the couch*

"Dougie, I know you are not recording me squatting like this! This is sooo awkward and weird!" Kamala says as she busts out laughing, causing Doug to laugh too.

"No, it's not! Nobody is going to see this video except maybe some family members and it's for memories for Devi!" Doug says as he films himself and Kamala together and Kamala lays her head on Doug's shoulder.

"You are so cute." Kamala says softly as he kisses Doug and Doug kisses back.

"I love you." Doug says as he kisses Kamala's cheek.

"I love you too." Kamala says as she tries to rub her own back and Doug begins to rub up and down Kamala's back with both of his hands.

Kamala begins to have a contraction and breathes through it, and groans a little, while Doug continues rubs her lower back.

"Great job, honey. You are doing amazing. You got it. Just breathe in and out." Doug says as Kamala slowly breathes in and out.

"Phew, that was a long one." Kamala says softly as she takes a drink of her water.

"They are getting closer apart too." Doug says as he kisses Kamala's cheek and smiles at her.

"I hope I'm making some sort of progress. I'll be embarrassed if I go to the hospital and I'm not even dilated." Kamala says as Doug giggles.

"I'm sure you are dilated some, sweety. You are doing such a great job." Doug says, making Kamala smile.

Kamala kisses Doug and Doug kisses her back, making Kamala blush.

"You give the best back rubs." Kamala says, flirting a little and Doug blushes.

"Oooo, really?" Doug says playfully and Kamala giggles.

"Mhm." Kamala says softly to Doug as she smirks at Doug.

Doug and Kamala then kiss each other some, making Kamala a very happy lady. Also, they say lots of kissing can help with labor too!

Just then, Kamala's iPhone begins to ring, causing Kamala to get rather annoyed because clearly she doesn't want to talk work with anybody.

"Who is that calling, Dougie? If it's some staffer or a White House person I'm not answering it." Kamala says with some sass, making Doug chuckle.

"It is Jill. She wants to FaceTime us. She must know something is up." Doug says as Kamala giggles and smiles.

Kamala happily answers the FaceTime call and smiles at Jill.

"Hi, Kamala! Hi, Doug!" Jill says as she waves at Kamala and Doug.

"Hey, Jill!" Kamala says as she happily waves at Jill.

"Hey!" Doug says with a grin.

Just then, Kamala has a small contraction and Jill then realizes what is going on.

"YOU ARE IN LABOR, AREN'T YOU?" Jill yells with excitement, causing Kamala and Doug to both giggle and smile.

"Surprise!" Doug says with the biggest smile as Jill screams loudly and happily.

"I am! I'm pretty sure I am!" Kamala says as she continues to squat with Doug rubbing circles into her back.

*Imagine this is Doug and Kamala*

"I KNEW IT! I just knew this week was going to be the week! I told Joe when we left for Camp David yesterday that your belly dropped and that you were going to have this boy soon! JOE! JOE! JOE! Kamala is in labor!" Jill says calling for Joe, making Kamala and Doug both smile at their excitement. 

"It's happening!" Doug says with excitement as he continues to rub Kamala's back.

"So, when did labor start?" Jill asks Kamala, wanting all of the details.

"I've been having contractions since around two thirty today. I noticed them during my long meeting.  They were really far apart then and now they are about fifteen minutes apart." Kamala explains to Jill. 

"Oh my goodness! It sounds like you are definitely in labor now! How are you feeling?" Jill asks, excited that the time has come for Kamala and Doug to have their baby!

"I feel pretty good! The contractions haven't really hurt that bad so far! I'm sure the closer the contractions get, the more painful they will be. My back hurts during the contractions I have been having though. I remember Maya and Meena saying that happened to the both of them." Kamala says to Jill and Jill listens intently.

"Oh my back hurt horribly when I had Ashley! It's usually how the baby is laying." Jill says to Kamala.

"Oh my gosh! I actually felt him like turn in my body it was so weird." Kamala says as she chuckles.

"Oh yeah! He is ready to be born! I am so excited for you guys!" Jill says, getting excited.

"Thank you!" Kamala and Doug both say in unison with cheeky smiles at Jill.

Just then, Joe walks into the screen, wrapping his arms around Jill, making Jill smile ear to ear.

"Are you guys ready to be parents?" Joe asks Kamala and Doug with a big cheeky smile.

"We are very ready!" Doug says with a cheeky smile at Joe and Jill.

"I'm ready! I'm a little nervous and scared but I'm ready." Kamala says to Joe and Jill.

"Don't worry! The nurses and doctors will make sure Devi and you will be fine through out the whole delivery. Walter Reed is one of the best hospitals in this country. They took very good of Joe when he was really sick. You two are going to be great." Jill says to Doug and Kamala and Joe nods in agreement.

"They sure did!" Joe says with a smile as he kisses Jill's cheek.

"Well, we will call you guys when we head to the hospital!" Doug says happily to Jill and Joe.

"Yes, please! I need all of the updates!" Jill says happily and Joe smiles.

"Good luck, you guys! Talk to you two later!" Joe says with a grin.

"Bye!" Kamala and Doug both say in unison as they wave goodbye to Jill and Joe before ending the call.

"I think Jill and Joe are ready to have sex. Did you see how excited he was holding Jill?" Doug says to Kamala.

"Dougie! Oh my gosh!" Kamala says as she playfully smacks him as she and Doug both laugh.

"What! You know how those two are! They make out and have sex everywhere." Doug says to Kamala as Kamala closes her eyes in horror, since Joe and Jill are kinda like parents to her.

"But now that you said that, that's very true. Remember we caught them making out in the Oval Office on the couch?" Kamala asks Doug and Doug nods.

"Yeah, that was really awkward." Doug says laughing and Kamala laughs too.

"They are in vacation, honey. They can do what they want! Jeez, now I can't get them doing it out of my head." Kamala says as she laughs again.

"Me too!" Doug says as he laughs loudly.

Kamala begins to have another contraction and Doug begins to rub Kamala's back and softly kisses Kamala's neck.

Kamala groans some as she breathes through the contraction while Doug comforts her.

"You are doing amazing, honey. That's it, baby. Breathe through it just like that." Doug whispers to Kamala as Kamala breathes through the contraction.

"I love you, Dougie. I love you so so much." Kamala says as she finishes the contraction.

"I love you too, honey." Doug says as he and Kamala kiss each other.

Kamala turns around and hugs Doug and Doug hugs her back.

Kamala smiles at Doug and Doug smiles back at Kamala as they hold onto each other.

10pm
Doug is making sure that all of his, Kamala and Devi's are packed while Kamala continues to labor at home.

Kamala's contractions are eight minutes apart so she and Doug will probably head to the hospital within the next hour or so.

*Imagine this is Kamala*

Kamala has been more vocal this past hour, telling Doug to get everything ready because any minute, Kamala will say it's time to go.

"Uhhhhh, mmmmm." Kamala groans loudly as she tries to find a comfortable position to be in as she breathes through contractions.

"Honey, do you want to sit on this ball? It might make your hips feel better." Doug says to Kamala.

"Mhm. Help me up?" Kamala says to Doug and Doug nods before helping Kamala stand up

Kamala holds onto Doug as Doug rubs her back. Doug then kisses Kamala's cheek and whispers sweet things in her ear.

"You are doing amazing, baby. Do you want some more water?" Doug says as he helps Kamala sit down on the green exercise ball.

*Imagine this is Kamala*

"Mhm. Thank you, honey." Kamala whispers as she smiles at Doug.

"You're welcome. Anything for you, baby." Doug says as he kisses Kamala and Kamala kisses back.

11pm
Doug and Kamala are getting ready to head to the hospital!

Doug is giving Secret Services all of their hospital bags while Kamala is sitting in the recliner, breathing through back to back contractions.

"Dougie! Dougieeeeeee!" Kamala moans as she moans loudly as her contractions are now back to back with not much of a break.

"Yes, honey?" Doug says as he run over to Kamala and begins to rub her back and shoulders.

"Are we leaving yet?" Kamala asks Doug, hoping it is almost time to leave.

"In a minute, honey! Secret Service is packing up the car now. You okay?" Doug says as he gives Kamala some water and she takes a few sips.

"Mhm. Holy shit this is intense." Kamala says, taking a few deep breaths as she holds Doug's hands.

"I know, honey. I know. Devi is going to be here really really soon! You are doing incredible." Doug says as he kisses Kamala a few times and puts her hair up in a pony tail for her.

"Thank you, Dougie. I love you so much. I'm sorry if I'm hurting your arms or your hands." Kamala says as she squeezes Doug's hands as she breathes through another contraction.

"I love you too, honey. And you do whatever you need to do, okay? Don't worry about me." Doug says as he smiles at Kamala and Kamala smiles back at him.

After a few more minutes, Secret Service is all ready for Doug and Kamala! Luckily, the press isn't around so Doug and Kamala can go to the hospital in peace, without being photographed or followed.

Doug and Kamala sit in the car and they the motorcade begins the fifteen minute drive to the hospital.

Kamala gets super uncomfortable as she sits in her seat next to Doug.

Kamala moans loudly as she squeezes Doug's hand as she tries to breathe through these long and back to back contractions.

"Honey, why don't you get on your knees and lay your head in my lap. Would they be more comfortable?" Doug asks Kamala softly.

"I don't know. It just hurts!" Kamala yells loudly, causing Doug to jump even though he expected this. 

"I know. I know. It's okay. It's okay." Doug says softly as he rubs Kamala's back as Kamala gets on her knees and lays her head on Doug's lap.

Doug puts pressure on Kamala's back to help with the pain.

"Uhhhh, Dougie. Uhhh!" Kamala groans loudly as she tries to breathe through the contraction.

"Breathe, honey. Breathe. You are doing amazing. You are doing it." Doug says softly to Kamala into her ear. 

Doug continues to rub Kamala's back as she has a slight break from the contractions.

Doug realizes he and Kamala were suppose to call Jill and Joe when they are on route to the hospital. 

"Oh my God!" Kamala says as she feels a gush come out of her body.

"What? What? What's wrong? What's wrong?" Doug asks with some worry at Kamala, but trying to not show it so she wouldn't get scared.

"M-m-my w-water broke!" Kamala says showing her very damp pants and Doug realizes his feet are wet.

"Oh my gosh!" Doug says with a chuckle as Kamala gets terrified.

"I'm scared, Dougie.... I'm scared!" Kamala says as she holds onto Doug and Doug comforts her.

"Don't be scared, honey! It's okay! This is a good sign! It's means Devi is getting closer to being born! The water is all clear, which is good! You don't have any urges to push or anything right?" Doug says to Kamala.

"N-no I don't, thank god." Kamala says as she breathes and calms down.

"Okay, good! If you do, try to not push until we get to the hospital, okay? We don't want to have a baby in the car!" Doug says playfully, making Kamala giggle.

"Kamala is having the baby in the car?" The Secret Service agent asks in worry, looking white as a ghost.

"No no! She isn't! Don't worry! Her water just broke!" Doug explains to the Secret Service agent.

"Okay!" The Secret Service agent says as he nods and his partner drives a little faster.

Doug calls Jill, because she wanted Doug or Kamala to call when they are heading to the hospital.

Doug also thinks Kamala talking to Jill before heading to the hospital will help her through the rest of the labor and delivery.

Jill has been a mother figure for Kamala through out this whole pregnancy and maybe hearing Jill will help Kamala stay focused.

"Hey, Doug!" Jill says happily as Doug puts the phone on speaker so Kamala can hear her too.

"Hey, Jill! We are heading to the hospital now!" Doug says as Jill cheers in excitement.

"Oh my goodness! How is everything going?" Jill asks Doug and Kamala.

Kamala yells loudly as she squeezes Doug's leg as she lays her head in his lap.

"The contractions are back to back now. Definitely baby time! She is having a hard time with the pain. And her water just broke!" Doug explains to Jill as he continues to rub Kamala's back.

"Kamala, can you hear me, sweety?" Jill asks Kamala and Kamala nods.

"Y-y-yeah!" Kamala says as she breathes through another contraction and moans loudly, with Doug rubbing up and down her back.

"You are doing absolutely amazing, Kamala! Your baby boy is going to be here so soon and you are going to be a mama. All of this pain you are in right now is going to be so worth it when you see his little face and hear his first cry. Just keep thinking about the end goal. You are getting so close." Jill says to Kamala as Kamala continues to moan loudly through the back to back contractions.

"It fucking hurts!" Kamala yells and then realizes she swore at Jill and feels bad.

"I know it does. I know! You are doing amazing! Joe and I are so proud of you and we can't wait to see and meet our new grandson!" Jill says, causing Kamala and Doug to both smile.

Kamala then has another contractions as she groans loudly again.

"Take deep breaths! In deep and now out. In deep and now out." Jill says as Kamala takes deep breaths in and out.

"Great job! Well, I'll let you guys go! Joe and I love you guys!" Jill says to Doug and Kamala.

"We love you too!" Doug says to Jill happily.

"Love you Jill! Thank you for all of the love!" Kamala says to Jill.

"Aww, you guys are so sweet! Talk to you guys soon!" Jill says to Doug and Kamala.

"Bye, Jill!" Doug and Kamala both say in unison to Jill before ending the phone call.

After a ten minute drive, Kamala and Doug made it to the hospital and Kamala didn't deliver Devi in the car!  

Kamala and Doug realize they are going in as two and will come out as three.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 273 72
Chloe Williams has an enemy with someone from the Biden family and they magically become lover(s). How did this happen? How many lovers does she have?
1.6K 66 26
Andrea Parker is the campaign manager for the newest senate Candidate Jon Ossoff and a single mom of twins and someone who was very strict on the pe...
17.2K 247 20
Impregnating her without knowing, will love still be rekindled after knowing she hid their daughter from him?
1.5K 34 5
š˜šžššš«š¬ šššŸš­šžš« š­š”šž š”šØš«š«šØš«š¬ šØšŸ š‘šššœšœšØšØš§ š‚š¢š­š², š‹šžšØš§, Y/n, ššš§š š‚š„ššš¢š«šž šŸš¢š§š š­š”šžš¦š¬šžš„šÆšžš¬ šœšØš§š¬š®...