CONTENDER ✔

By Kinza244

Finding his first love in his office, Taehyung felt quite happy despite his financial problems. Little did he... More

1: Meeting her
2: Teenager crush
3: Avoiding the curse
4: Keep it up
5: Whipped
6: Helper
7: Happy
8: Mr. Jeon
9: Not so bad
10: Jerk!
11: Ache
12: Getting ready
13: A try
14: Worse
15: Worst
16: New boss
17: Lashing out
18: Break
19: Second time
20: Stressing over
21: Duality
22: Dead end
23: Robber
24: Failed
25: Home?
26: Homeless
27: His need
28: Masked
29: Temporary home
30: Trust
31: Misunderstanding?
32: Not alone
33: Special warmth
34: Free of an accusation
35: Strong to weak
36: Hurt or hate?
37: Culprit
38: Blind
40: Talk
41: His Peace
42: Open up
43: Longing
44: Someone special
45: Reasons
46: Unexpected
47: Not again
48: Heartbroken
49: Once again
50: Contender
51: Love or Loved
52: Afraid
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: 1
Bonus Chapter: 2

39: Hate?

7.1K 461 95
By Kinza244

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

All three were sitting now in Yoongi's room. Taehyung was still in a daze since Jimin had to drag him out of the hotel once Hoseok left as well, not before assuring the proper punishment for the fraud.

Jimin and Yoongi glanced at each other, eyes holding worries because Taehyung was completely silent, not even trying to utter a single word and both were giving him enough time to overcome the shock.

"Drink some water, you didn't have anything for hours." Yoongi, finally broke the silence, it was already around 3 PM and the brunet had been here since the morning.

Taehyung just sat there, like a statue, not responding to the words of the older to which both the others sighed in defeat.

"Taehyung?" Jimin tried this time but again, no response. He wanted to say something more but his phone buzzed and he excused himself to receive it.

"I'm sorry for behaving so rudely before, but you shouldn't have to slap him. He was trying his best for this all." Finally, Yoongi found a response this time, although it was in the form of a harsh biting on the lips.

"The situation leads you there, but it's ok. You can always apologize, right?" Yoongi again said, patting Taehyung's shoulder in assurance.

Jimin came back with a beaming smile, his hand shoving the phone back into the jacket pocket.

"I'm going to give the video to the news channel, Jungkook already had the word with them. By the evening, the news will be broadcast, and they will clear the misunderstanding from the previous one." Yoongi smiled while Taehyung's eyes squinted.

"How do you know about this all?" He finally opened his mouth to ask the most lingering question in his mind.

Yoongi then explained Jin was the one who told them about everything in detail on the day when they stayed there. That day, they all decided to solve this whole mess, and when Jimin mentioned that to Jungkook, the latter quickly shared his own plan. That's how they all ended up making this plan to expose the real face of the usually innocent-looking girl.

Well, some details were missing from the story Yoongi said and he did that to save Taehyung from another breakdown.

After hearing it all, the guilt only grew more. He felt suffocated in the room, the guilt was trapping him like a snake, making his inside churn badly.

Suddenly, he got up from the bed, and after grabbing his phone, mask, and coat, he left the house, leaving a shocked Yoongi behind.

"Be back soon." Taehyung heard it but said nothing. Recalling a certain address to reach there as soon as possible.

______________

Jungkook left the news channel building with Jimin who quickly rushed to eat something as the former refused to eat.

The raven-haired sighed and walked to his car. The road wasn't very busy but the sidewalk was quite busy with a lot of couples, happily walking through the path, hands joined together or either leaning at each other.

The sight only made him sadder than he was already. His thoughts never went the way he always desired for himself.

In his childhood, he lost his parents and thus, his grandparents took responsibility. He grew closer to them, more to his grandmother but she also passed away when he was 14 years old.

He was left with only his grandfather, the person who was always beside him through thick and thin. The times when he had his first heartbreak in high school, the times when he found out about his preferences and dislikes, the times when he joined the company of Mr. Choi after deciding not to fall in love ever again after having his heartbreak for 2 times.

Later on, he understood that he was actually never in true love with anyone. The previous relationships, well you can call that so far, were not like that.

It felt like he was always waiting for real love, a real feeling that gave him sparks and all, but never got that feeling until one day. The same day, when he bumped into a certain fluff of brown hair. The one, who had his eyes just filled with innocence.

A small smile formed on his lips as he remembered their first encounter. It was like a cliche movie scene, bumping and all. But after that, nothing happened like in a typical romantic movie, credit to the insecure self that he used his cold aura on the other, making him afraid at first and angry at the end.

His smile turned into a sad one. He never wanted to fall in love at first sight, but unfortunately.. that's what happened to him.

He really wanted to be closer to the boy, but the ill-intentioned girl never let it happen after taking the hint from his eyes, instead, she started feeding Taehyung with wrong words about him, making the distance more and more.

The day, Taehyung first burst out on him, calling him inhumane, he realized that it was getting worse than he thought. Still, he tried to approach him in a different way, just trying to make life easier for the troubled boy.

Oh, how much he regrets not doing anything the day Taehyung was brutally accused and kicked out of the company. He couldn't sleep the whole night, even cried silently as the crying face of the brunet was not leaving his eyes.

As soon as the sun was up, the first thing he did was visit the house that was mentioned in the documents of Taehyung. Unfortunately, a middle-aged person opened the door and on hearing Taehyung's name, he lied that the boy wouldn't live there anymore.

Feeling dejected and more worried, he went back to the company and tried to look for any proof to prove the brunet was innocent but again, the videos were already gone.

He tried to convince the CEO personally, but the thick-headed man never listened to this one thing and dismissed the talk.

It turned his daily routine to try to contact the boy but it seemed like everything was trying harder to separate them until one day, he found the brunet right in his own home.

That's another heartbreak he had that night after watching the frail and sick boy. Not only his condition but the fire and rage mixed with hate in those once soft eyes shattered his hopes. And once again, he lost him in front of his eyes even before he could hold him.

But, he never stopped looking and finally, one day he started chasing Chayun, after learning about his relationship with Taehyung. That old man led him to the boy, but the situation again angered him.

Another crack that happened, was when he found the pain the petite boy was going through all this time. That day, he promised himself to do everything in his hands to at least give some peace to the boy who deserved the world.

Even after doing that all, the hate he received today was now his real breaking point. That slap, those words were still ringing in his ears like a mantra, reminding him that he could never have him.

He got out of his trance when his phone buzzed with a screen littered with many drops of his tears, lying on his lap while he cried about his fate.

Wiping his eyes, he grabbed the phone to see his grandfather's message that he would return the next day from Busan, their hometown where they had their another family house with a few fruit gardens, the reason the older Jeon went there to look for the business.

"I don't wanna be alone there." He mumbled to himself and started his engine to roam around before going to a club to have some drinks. Another try to lessen the pain in his heart.

__________

"I'll come tomorrow. Hm. Thank you." Taehyung said to Jin on the call and shoved the phone in his pocket which turned off due to the low battery.

His gaze finally found the specific house in the block and quickly rushed to ring the bell. Once, twice, thrice, he did that many times after considerable gaps but got no answer.

It was already half an hour since he was standing there, heart sinking with thousands of thoughts.

"Hey. No one is home now." One lady said behind him and when he turned back, he was met with an old lady.

"Why you're here?" She asked with narrowed eyes, sharply looking at his figure in a judging manner, mainly because of the mask.

Taehyung felt awkward about the scrutinizing gaze but rubbed his hands before answering.

"I- I want to meet Mr. Jeon." The lady nodded her head.

"Senior or junior?"

"B- both." She cocked her brow on the stuttering but straightened her back.

"Senior went to the Busan yesterday night and maybe, not coming tonight while the boy has not been home since morning." Taehyung hung his head low but she again started.

"He used to be home at weekends but for the past few weeks, he seems quite busy with something." Taehyung just listened to her silently.

"By the way, are you his friend?" She suddenly asked, making him nervous.

Were they friends? They couldn't even get to the level to be called colleagues, friend was never an option, at least that's what he thought.

"From his company." He blurted out, regretting quickly as the lady gave him a more stern expression.

"Well, as I said before, no one is home. So, better to go back." She turned on her heels and left to enter a car after Taehyung politely bowed to her.

_____________

Jungkook's phone buzzed on the counter and at the end, he put it on silent mode, not in the mood to talk to anyone. He drank until he started feeling a little tipsy but how unfortunate of him, the face, those words were still there, lingering deep in his mind.

He tried his best to distract himself from the pain but couldn't do so. Sitting on a side table, he kept drinking or just spacing out, not realizing the time that turned from the evening to a cold night.

The club started getting rushy with the night and a few girls tried to approach him and of course, he denied them all. Because, there wasn't any place for anyone else, at least not now.

It was already 1 AM when he finally got up from the chair where he was sitting for hours and opened his phone to see a lot of calls from Jimin and a few from his neighbor.

He squinted his eyes and quickly called back his neighbor's contact.

"Oh finally, where are you Jungkook? Why you aren't home yet?"

Mrs. Neyon said in pure worry as she was kinda close to both Jeons.

"Um- just caught up with something." He croaked out, rubbing his temple to soothe the pain.

"Did you call someone to meet you?"

"No, why?" His eyes frowned as he paid for the drinks and stumbled to his car.

"I don't know dear. There is someone sitting on your doorstep since evening? Or maybe since late afternoon. He said he is from your company. It's so cold and he is just sitting here even after hours." She stated in hurry and Jungkook's eyes widened, he quickly splashed some water on his face from the water bottle in his car and sped up to his house.

Even from a distance, he could see a figure sitting on the doorstep, hugging his knees in the cold.

Parking his car quickly on the side, Jungkook came out with a little stumble and unlocked the door of his house. On hearing the little rattle, the figure looked up.

Jungkook's breath hitched at the view of red puffy eyes with a pale face. He could even see the shivering of the figure, making him grit his teeth.

"Kim." He muttered to himself as Taehyung stood up with a little difficulty and bit his lip.

"Mr. J- Jeon-" His shaky and croaked voice was cut off as Jungkook snapped.

"Why you're here, Kim?!"

__________

Assalam o Alaikum. Jungkook's past was important but still, there are a few things to be revealed to Taehyung. An awaited conversation is on the way~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 21.1K 81
"I know I already have your body Koo, but your soul and your heart is what I want to possess." - Kim Taehyung Ranked #1 in #Taekook stories 🥇 A sto...
137K 7.4K 43
"Do you think universe fights for souls to be together? Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences. My life was full of chaos, the cha...
416K 21.5K 55
'' So, you are Jeon Jungkook?...Second closest person to Taehyung?'' Bogum asked with a smile. '' Nah....First.'' Jungkook replied smugly. '' Huh?" B...
1.9M 81.7K 50
Taehyung, a poor boy who was abused by his father and lost all of his desires to live but, fate decided something else for him when he met someone wh...