reaching you || oikawa tooru...

By Kitsuniie

"One day. I'll reach you." Oikawa gazed lovingly at the girl and made a silent promise to himself. Never once... More

W E L C O M E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
E N D

S E V E N

2.8K 98 10
By Kitsuniie

┌─────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ───────┐

I love you,

because you are the only one,

that makes me feel so weak for you.

└─────── °∘∘♡∘∘° ───────┘

.

.

.

"Y/N...!" Oikawa called out your name from afar. It was loud, by that you meant, really loud. The pigeons took flight at the shout, flapping their wings to the sky.

You were aghast, immediately swerving your head back. "Oikawa?" Clueless, you fully turned your body to face him, taking a few small steps forwards because he looked tired from running all the way here. It was useless though since he already reached you before you could reach him.

"Is something-" He raised a hand in front of your face, signalling you to wait for him to catch his breath. In the meantime, your gaze was fixated on your shoes to prevent the awkward tension from getting to you.

Then, again, your name rolled off his tongue, "Y/N..." His eyes were now on you, and you could clearly see how much he was sweating. Even his face was flushed because of the heat. Or was it perhaps another reason? Was it because he shouted your name so loudly, desperately, in front of so many people?

Concern clouded your eyes the moment you realised the state he was in. You quickly rummaged through your bag, trying to find the item you were looking for. Oikawa tilted his head in confusion, not minding the sweat that was trickling down his chin, dripping down to the pavement. He had gotten used to it since volleyball training was super vigorous.

But then, his irises increased in the slightest of size the moment he felt the feeling of cloth touching his skin. You were wiping off the sweat from his face, with your own towel you usually brought around.

A shaky breath was released. His entire body was trembling, his legs were shaking, his hands were frozen. It felt like he didn't have any control over his own body. For a while there, you unintentionally grazed your fingertips on his cheek, causing him to jolt up.

That moment only he realised how close the distance was, between the two of you. You were on your tiptoes just to reach his height. You were so close, that he could do something else right now. Something, he was sure he would regret.

It felt like he was going to explode due to the overbearing feeling of warmth bubbling inside his stomach. But yet, at the same time, he felt so fuzzy inside. It was unreal.

"There. Much better. Is there anything you want to tell me, Oikawa?"

The sky was beautiful. The flowers were beautiful. You were so beautiful. You made everything around you so beautiful for a moment. Behind you was the falling sunset, that was ready to go into a deep slumber behind the blanket of mountains.

But the words were already gone. All the preparation he did was already gone. It was too late. Everything vanished, all because of you.

You were evil to do that to him. And so, he let out a light chuckle, like the sunlight after the rain, it warmed up your heart.

"Ah, Y/N..." The chuckle faded into a small gentle smile. His gaze on you, as if you were a delicate piece of glass he held in his hands. 

But this time, he knew.

That he didn't want to let you go again.

"...You really do know how to make a boy flustered."

────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ──────

"Actually, can I have your number?" Oikawa rubbed the back of his nape awkwardly. His plan backfired as soon as he saw you, so might as well come up with another random excuse. In his mind, he was actually cursing himself out for being such an idiot. An idiot for you.

You paused what you were currently doing at the moment, and laughter blossomed from your lips. Your eyes were suddenly turned into curved moons because of the smile, "Are you serious, Oikawa? You came all this way, ran all the way here, just to ask me for my number?" You shook your head in disbelief, the smile never faltering, "You're unbelievable."

"Haha..." He gulped. Actually, to be honest, he didn't even have a plan. He chased you just because his teammates kept pestering him about it. So, his mind was as blank as a piece of paper since the start, but his mind kept on convincing him that he had a real plan.

You reached out your hand, "Can I have your phone? I'm just going to insert my number in your contact list." Oikawa halted and quickly began to think about what he had on his phone. Alien pictures weren't weird, right? He had to reassure himself that you weren't going to open his gallery nor other application since you were just adding your own contact number.

"Here you go," He passed you the phone, heart pounding in anticipation for some kind of unknown reason.

After a period of time, you handed back the phone to him. "There. My contact number is already in there. Text me or maybe call me if you ever need me?" You said. The last part of your sentence sounded more like a question, but it didn't matter to him. He finally got your number. He didn't even know that he was missing your number actually.

"Anyway, see you tomorrow at school, Oikawa!" You turned your back, beginning to start your journey way back home. Oikawa couldn't avert his gaze away from your departing figure. He just stared as you walked further and further away from him.

But then, you turned your head back, and shouted out loud with a lovely smile, "Don't come running at me again!" You waved your hand as a farewell.

Oikawa took a moment to register what you just said before laughter erupted from his lips as well. He, too, raised his hand up in the sky and waved goodbye to you, "I won't!"

As much as he regretted telling the boys about you. At the slightest, he was thankful to them.

Because he was one step closer to knowing about his feelings for you.

One step closer to reaching you.

"Maybe, I will."

────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ──────

REACHING YOU.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 402 7
. . . . . م مـــن نــازانم چـــی بــــکـــەم کـــــەوتــــومــــاتـــە داوی خــــــۆشـــــەویـــستی بـــــراکـــەمــــەوە بەڕاســــــــتـی نـــازانــ...
35.7K 646 28
𝚂𝚊𝚢𝚘𝚛𝚒 𝙶𝚘𝚓𝚘 𝙸𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝙹𝚞𝚓𝚞𝚝𝚜𝚞 𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚛...
312K 16.6K 60
❝ you will 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 have a special place in my heart, and that terrifies me. ❞ Kohana Akaashi is your basic chip off the block stubborn asshole...
56.4K 2K 28
𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗮 𝗦𝗼𝗵𝗺𝗮 𝗠𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗷𝗶 𝗳𝗮𝗻𝗳𝗶𝗰. 𝗔 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼 @kodzu05 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺𝗲! ...